Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 8th March 2020 21:14
In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

I think you have misunderstood him.

Quote:
The dark and stark reality is never brought into focus. No clue at all about why they start killing themselves, at the rate of about twenty in a day.

I think what he meant was that the propaganda only focuses on the good bits and leave out the bad bits.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 8th March 2020 22:38
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

To use a suicide rate among veterans is not propaganda. To turn it into propaganda is more than disrespectful.
That suicide rate accounts for ALL US Veterans. It doesn't refer to Afghanistan, it refers to all living Veterans and goes back to WWII Veterans onward.(And not just combat veterans)

Maripat also said:
Quote:
US apparently currently has only about 14000 soldiers in Afghanistan. These many would commit suicide withing less than two years.

Rank Image
USA
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 8th March 2020 22:43
View original post
I have a lot of respect for Maripat.
However, I think he crossed a line by making this relevant to his topic.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 9th March 2020 04:57
Does it really matter why the forces of kuffar are taking their own lives? Whether serving or veterans? Are we supposed to sympathize with them? Sorry, but I am fresh out of sympathy.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 9th March 2020 05:21
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
Rank Image
Al-Hind
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 9th March 2020 06:00
View original post

Prof Maripat sab is right. The oppressor, irrespective of his religion gets back what he did to the helpless oppressed. Else This world will seize to be a place to live.
US claims that it is protecting democracy, protecting world etc., Blah blah.
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 9th March 2020 06:14
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Sir, I would hazard to offer that those who are guilty of the barbarity are a minority of the armed forces. The majority are likely just following orders and the mental anguish comes from the moral dilemma of being loyal to the chain of command and seeing the misery caused by war. We have online videos of veterans finding Islam after witnessing the horrors of war.

Our brother In Need of Teaching is new, so I think he deserves some slack.
Rank Image
Al-Hind
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 9th March 2020 06:39
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

True!! They are mere tools in the whole setup. But, how the message reaches to these people that they were on error, they sided with the oppressor and they were party to oppression. And the present serving members will realise that there is system which takes revenge with them for their oppression and they are on target.

The oppressed gets consolation from news reaching him from Tyndall, California and latest Tennessee. The oppressed realises there is a super authority which is controlling the world.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 9th March 2020 14:58
Maripat wrote:
View original post

I don't wish to go off topic but I'd like to remind readers of a very delicate topic of recent months.

Does anyone recall when Indian Mulsim brothers were saying that the non Indians have no idea why people join the army etc etc. be they Muslim or Hindu!

I hope we don't have double standards.

I'm not siding with the Non-Muslim sides at all, nor with the Indian Army and it's Muslim men. When they die, they shall meet thier books and pay the price accordingly and will be judged by Allah, not us. But is there going to be two opinions; One if you are in the Indian Army, have some slack for them because they join for the pensions schemes etc etc, we don't know their intention and therefore the view point is different and if you are in the American Army, the view point is another?

Non Muslim armies should be looked at equally (I'm not talking about Muslim's joining the Muslim ranks, that's a different topic)

So if Indian Muslims side with their Nations Army, why is there an issue for a revert to have sympathy for his nations army?

I hope there is no double standard (even if the latter is far more guilty - they are both guilty of killing innocents)
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 9th March 2020 15:27

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Its blatant double standards and I have been calling it out for decades.

Pakistani Nationals have been criticising Indian Muslims (Darul-ulooms included) who call Hindus Shaheeds etc and I am on record saying that if:

It is permissible for Indian Muslims to Join Indian Army and KILL then it is permissible for American or British Army and KILL.

Today's professional military forces are different to Crusaders who were raised on religious fervours and on religious grounds. The Ottomans changed the game when they professionalised the military and today's military are professionals who train and do their jobs, no doubt there are some with religious sentiments and feelings but majority are just in a Job.

By the same token as Taliban begins to gain (open power) you will see Shia, Atheists etc grow beards and join the bandwagon for money. This is the way it has always been, everyone worships power.

To me, Indian Police is the problem and not the Indian Army. Indian Police and its rank and file blatantly racist and fascist.

Rank Image
USA
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 9th March 2020 20:01
Maripat wrote:
View original post

You are equating the soldiers in Afghanistan with all former US military alive today.
Do you believe that every former US Service Man or Woman oppresses Muslims?
Do you know that there are Muslims serving and have served in the US Military?
I am a veteran of the US Army, yet I have never served in any country except the US and Germany.
Am I an oppressor?

You are making a blanket statement about all former US military members and seem to enjoy that they are committing suicide at a deplorable rate.
You can't even seem to acknowledge that it was wrong to do so.
Rank Image
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 9th March 2020 20:59
Please maintain respect for each other and Ulamaa (if topic is about a scholar) by avoiding accusations and slanderous comments. Also remember that in order for criticism to be constructive, it must be channeled in the right direction. If there is any doubt in a matter, it is better to ask, clarify or to remain silent rather than to speak ill of another person.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 9th March 2020 21:26

View original post

I have known "Professor Maripat" for over 10 years and he is neither a bigot nor a racist and there is no insulting bone in his body. HOWEVER even after 10 years, his English is way too high for me to fully comprehend.

I genuinely do not understand many things he writes, I mean the guy writes his emails like he "posts" too :lol

So much of the disputes with him are due to misunderstanding. I will tell everyone a Joke, when I was in Saudi Arabia my Boss was French and his laptop broke down so he called the Help desk and this is what happened.

Boss: Yes, I received the new laptop but its not booting.

Help desk: What is your "Nice name", Sir?

Boss: I have not told you my name so how do you know its "nice" or "not nice"?

Help desk: What is your "Good name", Sir?

Boss: I have not told you my name so how do you know its "good" or "bad"?

By this time, we were on the floor laughing because this conversation was in a conference call on Speaker Phone!

Rank Image
USA
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2020 03:17
I'll hopefully end my participation in this thread with a final thought.

WAR is horrible, it always has been and always will be.
INNOCENTS always die in wars, it's a damn shame, but it's a fact.
No one CELEBRATES the death of innocents, or at least no sane person.
When anyone commits atrocities by INTENTIONALLY killing civilians, they are criminals.
Rank Image
Al-Hind
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2020 04:34
When Iraq was INVADED, we watched an innocent looking soldier being interviewed. He was saying "we don't understand why locals here are violent against us. We are here to protect them. Free them from Dictator. Restore Democracy......."
Later similar countries visited by these soldiers turned into graveyards. Nothing is left, sorry!! it was non-intentional. They claimed that every building they bombarded was held by terrorists or rebels. Implied every person in city was a terrorist, then who got freedom from dictator. They claim, Non-intentional, civilians died in cross fire.

The world asks:
1. who invited them to syria, iraq, afghanistan etc.
2. China, russia, korea do atrocities on their people, do you visit them. Why selected muslim countries.
3. Who do they veto any action against Israel.

Jump to page: