Topic Appreciation
Yasin
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 14:01
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Please tell me what is expected of me with regards to my non Muslim neighbors, coworkers, and others in the general community here in India.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 14:05
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Perfect the Sunnah even more.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 14:05

abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

To be polite, friendly and present Islam in the best possible manner under peaceful circumstances. Nobody told you to take an AK47 and start killing Hindus.

Doesn't matter whether you are living under the reign of Aurangzeb or Narendra Modi.

However, your circumstances are changing and you are becoming akin to the situation in Kashmir and this is what you are not grasping. Majority of Hindus or Secularists DO NOT support you and certainly DO NOT support your right to follow Sunnah. They pay lip service to multi-ethnic existence but the day you tell them your views about LGBT (in Islam) they will run away from you.

+3 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 14:07
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

There are many sunnah. Can you please quote sunnah regarding the brother's question.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 14:10
ssaad wrote:
View original post

"Doe langde jamaa honge toe koyee fayedah naheen noga. Fayedah ke bar-aks, zaroorath aur badegi". Kashmiri is one apaahij, rest of India is another Apaahij.

When two lame/crippled person meet, they will burden each other. Need/necessity gets doubled.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 14:18
Qatadah reported: I said to Aisha, “O mother of the believers, tell me about the character of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him.” Aisha said, “Have you not read the Quran?” I said, “O course.” Aisha said, “Verily, the character of the Prophet of Allah was the Quran.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 746

عن قتادة قُلْتُ يَا أُمَّ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ (عائشة) أَنْبِئِينِي عَنْ خُلُقِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَتْ أَلَسْتَ تَقْرَأُ الْقُرْآنَ قُلْتُ بَلَى قَالَتْ فَإِنَّ خُلُقَ نَبِيِّ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ كَانَ الْقُرْآنَ

746 صحيح مسلم كتاب صلاة المسافرين وقصرها باب جامع صلاة الليل ومن نام عنه أو مرض
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 14:26
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

What did Rasulullah SAS followed from quran regaring non-muslim neighbors, what is the guidance from sunnah for me towards my colleagues at work place.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 14:36
Not to befriend them in the least. They will never be pleased with you. The rest, please make use of the Q&A section.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 14:39
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Note: This is edited to make it short, sentences unrelated to the topic are removed:

“Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity” [al-Mumtahanah 60:8]
Praise be to Allaah.
The duty of the Muslim towards a non-Muslim includes a number of things:

Da‘wah or calling him to Allah. He should call him to Allah and explain to him the reality of Islam when possible, with regard to whatever issues he has knowledge about, because this is the greatest kindness.

So calling him (the non-Muslim) to Islam, conveying Islam to him and being sincere towards him in that are among the best means of drawing close to Allah.

Secondly:

He should not wrong him, with regard to his physical wellbeing, his wealth or his honour.

Thirdly:

There is no reason why we should not interact with him, buying, selling, renting, hiring and so on. It is narrated in saheeh reports that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) bought from kuffaar who were idol worshippers, and he bought from the Jews, and these are interactions.

Fourthly:

With regard to greeting, the Muslim should not initiate the greeting, but he may return it,

Another right is being a good neighbour. So if he is a neighbour, be kind to him and do not annoy him; give charity to him if he is poor, give him gifts, give him beneficial advice, because these are things that will attract him to Islam and to become Muslim; and because the neighbour has rights. The Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Jibreel kept urging me to be kind to my neighbour until I thought that he would make him my heir.” Saheeh - agreed upon. If the neighbour is a kaafir, he still has the rights of a neighbour;

One of the rights of the neighbour is that you should give him charity, but not zakaah, if he is poor, because Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity” [al-Mumtahanah 60:8].
But with regard to celebrating their festivals, the Muslim should not take part in celebrating their festivals, but there is nothing wrong with offering them condolences if a loved one dies, such as saying “May Allah compensate you in your loss” and other kind words. But he should not say “May Allah forgive him” or “May Allah have mercy on him” if the deceased was a kaafir, and he should not pray for the deceased if he was a kaafir. But he may pray for the one who is alive to be guided and to be compensated and so on. End quote.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him).
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 14:55
Musch of the reported posts have since been removed to clear up the thread. But one Indian wrote
Guest-49821 wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Majority in India is busy with their family responsibilities. Fanatics are on the streets. So we Muslims must handle this situation diplomatically.

So it seems the above post isn't fully being practiced.

Elsewhere the same person said:
Quote:
We are being persecuted for none of our fault. Wallah!!!

In response, it was stated:
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Either we as Indians have got our facts wrong, or we forget our actions and either play the blame game or find excuses with diverting questions.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 15:32
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

distraction
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 15:34
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 16:08
ssaad wrote:
View original post

It's not a distraction. Either the Indians hold the same views or they hold different views
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 16:29
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2020 16:30
Quote:
We Indian Muslims are not at war with our Hindu brethren

Our Kashmiri brothers are at war with the mushriks, therefore, we too, are at war with the Hindus. That includes the entire Muslim ummah, be it the Indian Muslims, the Pakistani Muslims, the Arabs, all of us. And besides, ideologically speaking it has always been a war. To Satan Muslims will always be the enemy, hence to the minions of Satan (i.e. the kuffar and mushrikeen) Muslims will always be the enemy. Just because some Muslims are choosing to sit on the sidelines and watch doesn't mean there is no war with them.
+0 -0Agree x 1

Jump to page: