Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

About Dunia

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 4th August 2019 05:03
Asalaam alekom

Can someone help with this plz.

Can you strive to get successful in Dunia too just like for Akhirah?

If you have some business goals or educational or professional. A Muslim is supposed to excel in it or just be normal and try nor to get high positions as they are more concern abt akhirah than dunia?

If you have to appear in some competitive test you are supposed to work hard for it to get a position or it will come in Show off and thus u hv to study for passing marks only??

Thanks for your help
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 4th August 2019 09:53
Walaikumus Salam

Rasulullah صلی الله عليه وسلم used to make dua for wellbeing in both dunya and akhirah.

In the Qur'an Allah ta'ala says:

But among them is he who says, "Our Lord, give us in this world [that which is] good and in the Hereafter [that which is] good and protect us from the punishment of the Fire." [2:201]

But seek, through that which Allah has given you, the home of the Hereafter; and [yet], do not forget your share of the world. [28:77]

A Muslim is supposed to excel in everything he does, from business to education to profession everything. I don't see a reason why a Muslim student should not work hard to attain a position. He should always give his 100% and work hard to achieve success but he should not let the success get to his head, rather he should remain humble. He should have a yearning to serve his people and he should not have a desire for fame and wealth and he should not remain heedless of Allah and the negative consequences of success. As Rasulullah صلی الله عليه وسلم said:

“Two hungry wolves sent against a flock of sheep cannot cause more damage to them than a man’s eagerness for wealth and prominence causes to his religious commitment.”
+4 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2019 01:41
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair sis

Can u please Explain “prominence” in Hadith is used in which sense?

I just need to know to relate myself.

Thanks
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2019 02:16
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Assalam u Alaikum,

My Shaykh says "Make your shop the shop of Jannah by obeying Allah and His Messenger (SAWS) in your business dealings. Make your office the office of Jannah. Make your home the home of Jannah. Anything you do, do it for the sake of gaining Allah's pleasure and it will automatically become an act of worship. It's all in the intention"

So make the right intention and excel in anything you do. Allah likes excellence and momineen must show the world that practicing Islam doesn't mean to be a poor performer but instead Islam enhances the capabilities of those who practice it.
+1 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2019 02:45
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Walekom Asalaam

JazakAllah khair brother

Brother You told me once about home schooling i wasn’t really getting the point. But there’s a sister that i follow on Insta she would share about home education I thought she talking abt cooking etc but she explained then i got to know she is home educating her kids. Means there are parents who prefer it this way.

But i wont be able to home educate my kids as I myself need much of education at this age. Anyways i hope this trend gets popular and people start practicing it. InshaAllah
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2019 12:12
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

This trend is already popular in Western countries. I don't know why people of the subcontinent are too reluctant. Maybe poor literacy rate is the case. Or maybe people don't have trust in Allah as Raziq and they strongly believe that degress are necessary in order to survive.

Anyway, it is my belief that if we allow our generations to go to secular educational institutions then they or maybe their next generations may become murtad. (Astafghfirullah). I am already seeing lack of religious commitment and love for Allah and His Rasool SAWS in people educated in secular institutions. Thanks to TJ and genuine Shuyookh of Tassawuf because of whom some people have become religious even in that environment. However, they are in a minority and I don't believe that we should take risk, especially when our children's iman and aqaid are being at stake.

I am seeing aged people who somehow are now inclined to deen but they only rely on translations of Quran and quote verses without knowing the context. I am witnessing Sunni Muslims slandering some Sahaba RA due to their ignorance of the truth and having the influence of propaganda from the Shia and Maudoodi types. There is no fear and shame in them when they talk ill of some Sahaba RA.

I am seeing people who are biased when they support their favorite politicians and personalities, even if they do blunder in deen.

I am seeing so much confusion and chaos in the ideological foundations of Islam in the people today. So much confusion. No doubt that Dajjal will snatch these people. I am worried. Really worried.

Even in this forum, I have noticed very good Muslims not being able to grasp and understand the deception of this Secular World Order. Alas! Alas! Alas! Even many ulema support democracy and call it Islamic. So secular ideas have penetrated even into madaris.

Few people I see who are of baseerah. And I blame all this confusion to this Secular Education System established by Macaulay in the subcontinent and by other kuffar in other parts of the world.

I believe in education. I love education. I endorse educating and training. However, I consider today's secular education as "JAHALAH and Deception of the Highest order".
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2019 12:22
The worst slavery is that slavery when you don't know you are a slave.

Slavery of mind is worst than slavery of body. If you are physically enslaved, you will always try to free yourself because of your inner voice which calls you to be free. However, in mental slavery, you believe that you are free but are in reality the slave of those who have programmed you. You think your ideas are your own. Alas! the truth is that you think what others want you to think. In your subconscious they have installed wrong ideas and aqaid in you and now you are on autopilot. Even the solutions you provide to solve the problems of this ummah are borrowed from them.

Iqbal was a great man but in his prose he had to support democracy or some form of "Islamicised version of Democracy". He gave many great and revolutionary ideas. He correctly pinpointed the problem. He correctly identified the deception of Western Civilization. However, he failed to give a proper Islamic solution. I blame his secular philosophy.
+0 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2019 13:52
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Prominence as in fame.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2019 23:37
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Thanks sis :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2019 23:41
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Sorry brother I don’t know much about politics its never been of my interest. That’s why i have nothing to comment about that.
No post ratings