Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Question regarding Qadianis

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2019 17:34
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

Question

What should we say when greeting by a non-Muslim with: As salaamu 'alaykum?

Answer

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible firstly to initiate the greeting of salaam to a non-Muslim. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Do not initiate the greeting of salaam to a Jew or a Christian

(Narrated by Muslim, 2167).

If one of them says As-Saam alaykum meaning, may death be upon you or it is not clear whether they have said salaam, then we should respond by saying Wa alaykum (and upon you).

It was reported that Ibn Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: When the Jews greet you, they say Al-saam alaykum (may death be upon you), so respond by saying alayk (and also upon you).

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5902; Muslim, 2461).

If a non-Muslim greets us with the correct shari greeting (i.e., says Al-salaamu alaykum clearly), the scholars differed as to whether we have to return the greeting. The majority of scholars said that we do have to return the greeting, and this is the correct view.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: they differed as to whether it is obligatory to return the greeting. The majority said that it is obligatory and this is the correct view. A group of scholars said that it is not obligatory to return their greeting just as it is not obligatory to return the greeting of those who follow bidah. But the correct view is the first one. The difference is that we are commanded to forsake the followers of bidah by way of rebuke and to warn others about them, which is not the case with the Ahl al-Dhimmah (Jews and Christians).

(Zaad al-Maaad, 2/425, 426)

The Muslim who is returning the greeting should respond in the manner prescribed by shareeah, giving a similar or better greeting, because of the general meaning of the Aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally. [al-Nisa 4:86]

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: if the person is certain that the Dhimmi (Jew or Christian) is clearly saying al-salaamu alaykum to him, and he has no doubts about that, should he say wa alayka al-salaam or shorten it to wa alayk? What is indicated by the evidence and principles of shareeah is that he should say wa alayka al-salaam, because this is more just, and Allaah commands us to be just and to treat others well this does not contradict any of the ahaadeeth on this topic at all, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to shorten the greeting to wa alayk because of the reason mentioned above, which is that they deliberately used to say al-saam alaykum instead of al-salaam alaykum, as indicated in the hadeeth narrated by Aaishah (may Allaah be pleased with her). He said, Do you not see that I say wa alaykum when they say al-saam alaykum? Then he said, If the People of the Book greet you with salaam, say, Wa alaykum.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

and when they come to you, they greet you with a greeting wherewith Allaah greets you not, and say within themselves, Why would Allâh punish us not for what we say? [al-Mujaadilah 58:8]

If this reason is not there, and the Jew or Christian says, Salaam alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah, then it is only fair to respond in kind.

(Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah, 1/425, 426)

The hadeeth of Aaishah was narrated by al-Bukhaari (5901) and Muslim (2165)

See also: Majmoo Fataawa Ibn Uthaymeen, 2/97

And Allaah knows best.

Source: Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (from a salafi site)

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2019 17:40
(bism1)

Greeting non-Muslims with Salam

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Daruliftaa.com

How is one suppose to greet non-Muslims, and if they greet you, how must you answer them?

Answer

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,
The word ‘Salam’ is one of the names of Allah Almighty and included in the Islamic greeting ‘Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh’ (May the peace of Allah descend upon you and His Mercy and Blessings). In pre-Islamic Arabia, when people met, they used to greet each other with various greetings. Islam changed and replaced these greetings with this standard form of greeting.

The greeting ‘Assalamu Alaykum’ is commonly translated as ‘peace be upon you’ and it means: May you remain safe from every pain, sorrow and distress.

Qadhi Abu Bakr ibn al-Arabi (Allah have mercy on him) states:

“The word Salam is one the good names of Allah Almighty and ‘Assalamu Alaykum’ means: Allah Almighty is your guardian and caretaker.(Ahkam al-Qur’an)

Due to this aspect of the term “Salam“, in that it has a religious connotation to it and it is one of the names of Allah, it is generally impermissible to use this form of greeting for non-Muslims. One may greet non-Muslims with other forms of greeting such as “good morning”, which they themselves might be more comfortable with.

Imam al-Haskafi (Allah have mercy on him) states:
“A believer may greet a non-Muslim [with the greeting of salam] if he has a need from him otherwise it is prohibitively disliked (makruh tahriman)… Therefore, one should abstain from saying ‘Salam’ to the disbelievers, for the Hadith says: “Do not commence by greeting the Christians and Jews with Salam……” recorded by al-Bukhari… If a Jew, Christian or fire-worshipper greets you, then there is nothing wrong in replying to them, but one should not say more than Wa alaykum.”

Allama Ibn Abidin (Allah have mercy on him) states by commentating on the above:

“It is stated in al-Shir’a [name of a book] that when one greets non-Muslims [and they understand Arabic], one should say: Assalamu ala man ittaba’a al-huda (may peace be upon the guided ones)…” (See: Radd al-Muhtar ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar, 6/412)

Imam al-Bukhari رحمة الله عليه records a Hadith in his Sahih on the authority of Anas ibn Malik (Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him snd give him peace) said: “If the people of the book (ahl al-Kitab) greet you [by saying Assalamu alaykum], say in reply: Wa alaykum (and also on you).” (Sahih al-Bukhari)

Also in Sahih al-Bukhari, in the ‘Chapter: How to greet a gathering in which there are Muslims and non-Muslims’ a long Hadith has been recorded on the authority of Usama ibn Zaid (Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) passed by a gathering in which there were Muslims, Idolaters and Jews, and the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) greeted them and invited them to Allah….. (Sahih al-Bukhari)

The author of Tafsir al-Mazhari states:

“If a group consists of Muslims, Idolaters and Jews, one should greet them (with Salam), as mentioned in the Hadith recorded by al-Bukhari and Muslim from Usama ibn Zaid. However, the intention should be to say Salam to the Muslims (of that group) so that it does not entail commencing to greet non-Muslims.” (See: Ahkam al-Quran by al-Tahanawi, 2/306)

One of the great Hanafi scholars of the Indian subcontinent, Imam Ashraf Ali al-Tahanawi (Allah have mercy on him) states in his renowned heavenly ornaments:

“If one’s teacher is a non-Muslim, then one should greet him by saying only Assalam (peace) or Assalamu ala man ittaba’a al-huda. One should abstain from using the words Assalamu Alaykum for non-Muslims.” (P. 476)

From the foregoing, we can conclude our discussion in the following points:

1) It is impermissible to greet non-Muslims with the Islamic and Arabic greeting of AssalamuAlaykum

2) One may greet non-Muslims with the greeting they themselves use.

3) At times of need, such as the hope of one accepting Islam, it would be permissible to greet non-Muslims with the Islamic greeting.

4) If a non-Muslim greets a Muslim with the Islamic greeting, one should respond by saying ‘Alaykum’ or ‘Assalamu ala man ittaba’a al-huda’. While doing so, one should pray that Allah Almighty guide him/her to embrace Islam.

5) If a group consists of Muslims and non-Muslims, then it is permissible to greet them with the Islamic greeting. However, the intention should be to greet the Muslims only.

And Allah knows best

[Mufti] Muhammad ibn Adam
Darul Iftaa
Leicester , UK

Link
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2019 17:41
Quote:
It is not permissible to intentionally eat with them, drink with them, say salām to them, answer their - salām, accept their invitations (da`wat), or invite them yourself (to a da`wat)

I have a class fellow who is Qadiani and I've been avoiding her for the last 2.5 years, but she always comes to me smiling and say salam in a very cheerful way. I always respond with hi or how are you but sometimes as a reflex response I say walaikumus Salam. Is it sinful? I was told by a Mufti two years ago that I should not respond to her greetings and if she is asking me for notes, I should ignore her. Can anyone tell me if that is possible. I mean how on earth am I supposed to ignore her?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2019 17:42
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

You probably wouldn't.

Why? Self respect, love of yourself.

Then what about the love of the Prophet (saw) and everything he taught us?

Quote:
The Muslim’s faith cannot be complete unless he loves the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and until the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is dearer to him than his father, his son, his own self and all the people. It was narrated that Anas said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No one of you truly believes until I am dearer to him than his father, his son, his own self and all the people.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 15; Muslim, 44.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Hishaam said: We were with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was holding the hand of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab. ‘Umar said to him: “O Messenger of Allaah, you are dearer to me than everything except my own self.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No, by the One in Whose hand is my soul, not until I am dearer to you than your own self.” ‘Umar said to him: “Now, by Allaah, you are dearer to me than my own self.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Now (you are a true believer), O ‘Umar.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6257.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2019 17:43
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

It depends on how much they've abused me and how much time I require to forgive and forget.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2019 17:46
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

An iota of blasphemy should be enough not to say hi!

(See post above in case it was missed)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2019 17:49
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

But shouldn't we adopt the same conduct with other non Muslims who reject Rasulullah صلی الله عليه وسلم?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2019 18:05
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

They don't lie about their rejection!
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2019 18:07
Quote:
Can anyone tell me if that is possible. I mean how on earth am I supposed to ignore her?

Give dawah.

Ask if she knows what beliefs the clown promoted.

I had a similar situation temporarily with a work colleague who was a Christian.

I would ask them about their beliefs and they would be stunned finding out what their religion really said.

The distance will either grow or they will want to know more of the truth

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2019 18:14
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

She has never said in front of us that she is Qadiani. I got to know about that from a friend who knows her neighbors.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2019 18:33
If she knows you know, she will know where you stand and that may automatically create that distance.

Ask her directly if what you heard is true, then ask the other questions.

If she is not announcing her beliefs, it maybe because she fears the distance or backlash.

Ask her discretely, not in front of everyone. Then if necessary, say that others are aware too.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2019 12:32
They are worse because Allah and his Rasool (saw) have told us that the munafiqeen are worse than the kuffar. Simple as that.

Everything else is just our own reasoning from our own minds about why they are the worse. Bottom line is they pretend to be Muslims whereas they are not. So they are munafiqeen.

Also, the kuffar do not generally actively reject Islam, Allah, and His Rasool (saw). They just simply don't believe. Whereas the qadianis are actively at ideological war and opposition with Islam, Allah, and His Rasool (saw). They go out of their way to distort Islam, abuse the sovereignty of Allah, abuse the innocence of Rasoolullah (saw), hold vile and disgusting beliefs against the aforementioned, abuse and vilify the aforementioned, actively try to mislead others etc etc.

My neighbours are kuffar. I don't have a problem with them. They live their lives the way they want and I live my life the way I want. I don't have any hatred towards them. My uncle's neighbours are muslim. They tried to abuse and bully my elderly uncle. Even though they are Muslim, they are more despicable than my non muslim neighbours. I have had arguments, fights, run-ins with my uncle's neighbours. Even now they will try to cause trouble from time to time. These are despicable people who call themselves Muslims, but apart from that they have absolutely no Islam in their lives. They are the worst of the worst and I absolutely hate them to the point where I feel disgust just by seeing their faces.

So there's your example as to why qadianis are worse than the general kuffar. It's not just because they are qadianis. It's because of everything else that comes with being a qadiani. Regardless of how sweet and innocent they may seem on the outside, their hearts and souls are filthy and diseased. To be a qadiani you have to hold certain beliefs. Only a diseased heart and soul would accept and propagate these beliefs. Such beliefs that came from a literal Dajjal. A Dajjal that died in his own feaces. The qadianis support this Dajjal and promote his filth. Why wouldn't a Muslim have hatred for these people. Wouldn't you hate someone that abused your loved ones? The qadianis abuse our loved ones.

+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2019 14:13
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khaira! Your answers are always pertinent and according to my level of understanding. I told this to my brother but he objected that they are not like the munafiqeen which were in the times of Rasulullah صلی الله عليه وسلم and they genuinely believe that they are Muslim and not deviant. I said they are worse than ahlul kitab because they believe in a false Prophet and false Shariah whereas the Christians and the Jews believe in those Prophets and Books which were sent down by Allah. They have no daleel for their prophet and their book and their religion is only based on lies. He got silent after that but he said that does not make their blood halal (outside of jihad) and we have no right to harass them like some Pakistani Muslims do. I don't have any answer for that.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2019 14:29
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

No one is telling your brother to harrass them. Just stay away from them and hate them.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2019 15:40
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

No one is permitted to take the life of a fellow human being without a valid reason like war for example.

Quran 17:33
Do not kill any person the life of whom is sanctified by Allah, except for a just reason. And whoever is killed unjustly, We have invested his heir with authority (of equal retaliation), but he must not cross the limit in the matter of killing. Surely, he will be helped.

Do you believe that the Qadiani's have Blasphemed against Allah and His Rasul (saw)
+0 -0Agree x 1