Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

How to Deal with Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Frustration, Sadness?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 1st July 2019 07:24
Here is a method which I have recently discovered

It's a sad reality that people of madaris, khanqahs, tabligh etc have ritualized the amaal of this beautiful deen. For instance, the tablighis have limited the Halaqa of Taleem to Fadhail Amaal alone where as recitation and translation of Quran can also be done taleem of. The Sufis have limited muraqba to just sitting still, closing one's eyes and thinking and focusing on the name Allah. However, I believe that pondering on anything can be called muraqba.

It is not enough to just recite the Quran with or without understanding. In fact, we have to download it's message in our subconscious. Apart from Spiritual Salah, there is another method of doing that which I have recently discovered. After almost a week of stress over something it dawned upon me the previous night that why don't I do the muraqba of Quran i.e. Reflecting upon certain verses and passages of Quran directly related to me and my life. Closing one's eyes if we reflect on verses related to us we can deprogram ourselves from the wrong aqaid indoctrinated to us by the secular institutions and then reprogram the right aqaid.

For instance, if someone is having difficulty with his stubborn parents then he can do the muraqbah of this ayah

"say not to them [so much as], "uff,"

If someone is feeling unfortunate and feeling jealousy for those who have more wealth then he can do the muraqbah of

"Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny?"

If someone is feeling helpless then

"Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us)"

Also it can be done for chapters too. You can summarize chapters and events discussed in the Quran in single statements. For example the story of Sayyidina Adam AS and Shaitan can be summarized like this.

"It was Shaitan's ego which destroyed him. So better keep a check on your's".

Also, you can expand the scope of muraqba beyond Quran and ponder upon any thought of hikmah. For example

"I have recognized Allah by the failures of my plans"

"Just keep on doing your work and be content with qadr of Allah"

"This dunia is not paradise so don't expect from it"

"And this, too, shall pass away"

"A man who has practiced one move for 1000 times is more dangerous than a man who knows 1000 moves practiced only for once."

In fact, Quran and Sunnah have all the solutions to our problems at individual as well as collective level. In order to develop the right attitude towards different life situations we must reflect on the teachings of Quran and Sunnah instead of just reading and roting it.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 1st July 2019 09:01
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 1st July 2019 10:49
I believe that negative thoughts and stress is a kind of negative energy which blocks the channels of our soul. When we are exposed to heat or do exercise our body sweats and through that toxins are released. Similarly our soul also needs exercise. Muraqbah is one of the Spiritual Exercises. When we do muraqbah and build a strong connection with Allah and focus on positive thoughts, then those positive thoughts get stuck to our subconscious. Which eventually make us react to different life situations in a certain and healthy way. Also, when tears come out of our eyes out of ecstasy and joy during deep meditation, that also releases stress.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd July 2019 02:56
After observing some of my friends, relatives and even subscribers that they are suffering from depression, I can safely conclude that this problem is very common now a days. I blame it on this secular world order and this secular godless education system which can't provide us the right tools to deal with normal tension in a productive way so that it is released constructively instead of being released destructively through abuse and shouting and anger, destroying the environment and the peace of other fellow human beings. Also, it teaches us materialism and wrong ideals and artificial standards of life which if we fail to maintain then the soulless secular society starts taunting us and becomes mean to us.

So far, I haven't seen any madrassah person suffering from depression at least in my country. Therefore, it is safe to conclude that if we learn to offer spiritual salah, deep qalbi dhikr, true and sincere dua with khushu, recitation of quran with understanding and reflection, muraqba, correct aqaid that this dunia is not jannah and we are not living here forever, tahajudd prayer with tears and karguzari with our Lord. Then we will be safe from depression and other problems. The real culprit is lack of connection with Allah and lack of even basic knowledge of deen.

This is why I say that the single most problem of humanity at large is not material but spiritual. Unless we don't sort out our spiritual problems there is no benefit in attaining material success.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd July 2019 19:55
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Our beloved and most respected Dr76 gifted me a book by the name of “Muraqibate Qurani” (مراقباتِ قرانى) which is based on ideas similar to what you have written.The author is Dr Mir Waliuddin sahib ra from Hyderabad India.An excellent book on the subject. Shall be good for you.

I could not benefit from it,unfortunately,as my mind loves wandering and simply refuse to focus on one single thought or concept.Focused mind is a blessing indeed.

And,i would love to know what you mean by ‘spiritual salah’?.For a long time i was under the impression that we are sent here to this dunya with a body,because only Rooh was not enough to perform certain physical deeds...

I hope you don’t mind my low IQ..
+1 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2019 05:34
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Assalam o Alaikum,

When I mentioned Spiritual Salah, I was indicating to the Salah which I discussed in another thread. The Secrets of Salah
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2019 05:37
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Quote:
“Muraqibate Qurani” (مراقباتِ قرانى)

I can't find this book. Can you share it please here? While googling I have come across another book named "Quran aur Tassawuf" by the same author but can't find the one you are talking about. Did he change it's name? Or am I missing something?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2019 06:06
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

No,that is a different book...

That too is a unique book,worth reading,specially for those who likes the subject of ‘Wahdat ul wujood...

Muraqibate qurani May not be available on the net.....
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2019 06:42

The copy of Murraqibat i have got is published by

محمد سعید دامودی، گل کدہ ، بندر روڈ ، بھٹکل ، کرناٹک
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2019 17:01
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2019 05:47
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Jazak Allah for this great gift.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2019 05:51
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Assalam o Alaikum,

The name of this book mentioned on the book's page is not "Muraqibat e Qurani" but only "Muraqibaat"
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2019 06:14
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Yes,the copy I carried originally had the name Muraqibate Qurani printed on it (and actually the text is indeed based on Quranic verses),this print has named it only Muraqibat,but it is the same book...

Did you notice,it’s introduction says exactly the same things you mentioned in your post ?

It’s name is MURAQIBAT but in reality it is more like ‘reflections on ayaat’...

But then,that is how muraqiba should be done. Simply sitting cross legged trying to focus one,s mind on ‘one single point’ is the work of yogi,s. Islam teaches us ‘Steadfastness on aqeeda’ (called Haneef) rather than mere concentration of thoughts...after all what is the point in slowing down brain waves to theta and delta ?, (the Brain waves occurring in deep relaxation and sleep). Even a fool can do it.

The purpose of Muraqiba is to ‘clear concepts’ and that is what the book teaches us.
+1 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2019 06:24
It's time to Exercise

Two days ago after duhr prayer, I sat down in the shade of a tree outside the masjid and was trying to memorize some verses of Surah Naba. After sometime, I decided to visit another masjid which is very far away from my home. Under the blazing sun, I was walking and walking and walking... Streams of sweat pouring from my body... My nafs screaming... After almost 45 minutes of strolling, I finally reached my destination. I was exhausted so I made fresh ablution, offered two rakaat and then revised my newly memorized verses and laid on my back to take some rest. I didn't have any lunch that day. I only took breakfast. After offering Asr prayer, and doing some adhkar, I went to another masjid. Till reaching that masjid it was maghrib time. After offering maghrib, I went to home.

I was tense over something from the past week. However, two days ago, when I remained outside my home for this long and walked a lot, I realized that to control your anger, extensive and exhaustive exercise is a must along with Salah and adhkar. We have very bad living habits. We are too much engrossed in indoor activities, tv, computer, mobile. We eat more and exercise less. This is why we are mentally, spiritually and physically weak.

When my nafs didn't have any energy left, it had no reason to get angry at anything. I realized, that maybe this is the reason why Allah made the Sahaba RA go through hunger, heat, pain and hardship. Maybe this is necessary to train one's nafs. A person like me who can't sit still at one place for very long cannot be punctual in gym like exercise. However, walk is best for people like me. Therefore, at least 1 hour long walk is necessary for a healthy mind, body and spirit. Also, it is better to take meal twice a day instead of taking meal thrice a day. Last but not the least, we must avoid chemically polluted food items of the bazaar and must stick to simple home made and natural diet.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2019 08:22
I have one simple cure for everything stated in the question "Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Frustration, Sadness".
It's called the Quran, when I feel sad or depressed I simply listen to recitations of Quran from Youtube or I read it. My heart gets recharged every time I do that. And everything converts from depression, sadness to happiness and gratefulness.

+2 -0Winner x 2