Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

making up fast

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 15:42
salam

ive been hit by an ear infection this morning and due to the pain had to break my fast, iv been to gp and given a course of antibiotics which last till tues.

this is first time in my adult life iv had to miss fasts and want to know about the hadith which states' anyone who misses a fast of ramadan can never make it up even if they keep (cnt remmeber number) in order to make up for it' does this apply to those who had to break and not keep due to health reasons or does it apply to those who miss ramadan fast delibierty and with no shari reason?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 15:46
Did you break the fast due to pain only or because you had to use ear drops too.

Ear drops alone don't break the fast www.muftisays.com/forums/86-qa-support--fiqh/12623-ear-dr...

With regards to the rest of your question, please in Q&A section

Please post questions such as the ones posed in this topic to the Ulamaa. Or click here for a vast library on islamqa.org. Alternatively, you can get support locating available answers online in the Q&A Support section of this form here

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 17:08
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

The pain. I only got drops after going gp. Pain got too much so took paracetamol
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 17:17
Wow - I always wanted to know how much pain I could take before I would need to break my fast.

I suffer from aches and pains in my joints and sometimes can't sleep because of it. Alhumdulillah it's not all the time. Mostly when I eat certain foods that give me these pains, like citrus etc.

I get painful rhumatic joint pains (got it from my dad) too - the pain is so much that it brings tears to the eyes - Painkillers help and kick in really fast. But I don't think I would need to break my fast to overcome the "my" pain.

I find the Air-Con in the Masjids and offices also cause these pains

Of course each pain is different from the others but I've never come across such severe ear pain that would need breaking the fast.

Khair, ask the Ulama and see what they have to say
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 19:27
Alhamdulilah i have a very high pain threshold but this pain is something else. They do say ear and toothaches are the most severe. In the past 15yrs iv had less than 10 painkillers and half of them were used on my toothache last year.
I did try hold out but it began around 2am and by 7 I was struggling. Gutted. InshAllah if pain goes by fri il stop the meds or havs suhoor and iftar but I was advised by Muslim docs too to finish course and then be all set for final ashra
No post ratings