You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, sipraomer, Naqshband66
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 01:57
I have been listening to the ulema and mashaikh for all these years about the fadhail of dua. I have heard them saying repeatedly that we must make longer and high quality duas with sincerity. However, I have always found it difficult to make longer duas. My hands get tired easily and I get bored by repeating words without emotion. I find dhikr to be the most easy act of worship and after that the recitation of Quran.

However, today after Fajr I discovered a new way of making longer duas by the mercy of Allah. I have experienced that there is a certain threshold that if you cross it during your dua, then the words start affecting and entering your heart and don't merely remain on the tongue. You start feeling goose bumps and your eyes get teary. The thing is to hold on till you cross that threshold.

Today, my dua was made easy for me by my Lord, when I recited all of the memorized part of the quran, regular kalimaat like the fourth kalima, four quls, surah fateha etc which I recite routinely after fajr. In fact I recited all of these with correct tajweed while raising my hands in dua. After that I recited the Arabic duas which I know and short durood a couple number of times. Then finally I made duas in urdu and suddenly got teary. Then I finished my dua. I also, witnessed white light during the dua while closing my eyes and a feeling of bliss and serenity , as if my heart was swimming.

After this dua when I did my tassawuf dhikr, I was feeling more energetic and focused during the dhikr. Alhamdulillah!

So this is my trick for longer duas. Make your masnoon tasbihat and dhikr and memorized recitation part of your dua while raising your hands. I wished, I would have known this trick all these many years so I thought of sharing this discovery so that others could benefit too.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 10:24
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Dr76 once wrote a ‘Muraqiba e dua’..

That was very useful. May be some friend knows the link to that post.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 10:33
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Why don’t you teach me some ‘Sufi’ dhikr too ? I need to heat up a bit :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 12:18
ALIF wrote:
View original post

La Howla Wala Quwwat illah billah. How can I teach you when you are so senior to me in tassawuf and other things?

It's very simple. Not so complicated.

1. La ilaha illallah 100x . (At La ilaha think that Love of Ghariullah is parting away from the heart. At Illallah think that Allah's love is coming to the heart)

2. Illallah 200x - (Think that Allah's love is descending in your heart)
3. Allahu Allah 200x - (Think that Allah's love is spreading to the whole soul and body through your heart) [Caution! This is not Allah HOO (with Hoo of Wao Madda) Allah. This is first "Allah" with Dhamma on the ha of Allah. It is Allahu Allah. Not Allah hoo Allah]
4. Allah Allah 100x (Think that Allah is happy knowing the love of Him in your heart)

It would be more effective if you are connected to a shaykh.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 12:29
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

جزاک اللہ احسن الجزاء

You are such a kind and sweet person,MashaAllah :)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 12:43
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Connection with a Shaikh is beyond me...
My nafs is too big for that :)

So you are chishti ? That is like
علاج بالمثل for you , your josh will increase further and you may go nuclear :)

You should be doing sirri dhikr to cool you down a bit :-

Just joking...
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 12:46
ALIF wrote:
View original post

I can go nuclear only if I do dhikr in quantities not recommended by my shaykh. I only do the quantity instructed by my shaykh. It is so powerful that I get relaxed in this much quantity.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 12:49
ALIF wrote:
View original post

By the way, I do it in very low voice like whispering. I don't do it loud. This is not how my Shaykh instructed me. Also I experienced that it is more effective in lower voice. I don't know that whether I have come to the correct conclusion or not but I am saying it out of experience and not because of ilm.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 12:51
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

It is all about ‘experience’ anyway...

The libraries are full of ‘bookish’ knowledge :)
+3 -0Like x 2Creative x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 10:49
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 11:09
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Mash'Allah. Much better to stick to do du'as and zikir that the Prophet (SAW) made. That it itself will give you goose bumps.
+1 -0Like x 1