Topic Appreciation
Yasin, bint e aisha, sipraomer
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 16:33

Remembrance

Makhdum Zayn ud Deen Chishti (Allah have mercy on him) said,

One of the disciples of Abu Uthman al-Maghribi (Allah have mercy on him) complained to him

“My tongue often flows with invocation and recitation but my heart remains heedless.”

The shaykh replied,

“Give thanks to Allah for He has put one of your body parts to use in goodness, accustoming it to invocation, rather than evil or useless speech.”

The Guidance for the Intelligent

Source.... Asharaffiya.

www.ashrafiya.com/2019/04/24/knowledge-is-to-act-upon/
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 17:16
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

By actions of the heart... I think the brother was talking about doing Zikr with an an attentive mind as an action of the heart. That is having the Heart focused towards Allah when engaging in remembrance...

The link I gave to the thread by dr76 on wuqoof e qalbi should offer some insights..

+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 19:20
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

That is one aspect of it...

The deeds of the heart are what you have been posting about,the same Sabr,Shukr,love of Allah,care for akhira,being humble at heart,sincerity in every deed,seeking Raza (pleasure) of Allah swt etc

On the other hand trying to get rid of bad traits are also acts of heart,like avoiding pride,malice,love of dunya,riya,considering one,s self better than others, and the likes of it.

The acts of heart are usually not visible,they are between Allah swt and his slaves...

For example,a person,s heart may be full of gratitude for the blessings of Allah and he may be silently saying اللهم فلك الحمد و لك الشكر at every step OR he may be in some difficulties that he is carefully hiding from others,because he considers it part of destiny coming from Allah and feel ashamed to complain about an act of Allah to makhlooq...He May be trying to surrender his will to Allah swt,and silently submitting :”Ya Allah,your will shall be done,not mine”

Another person may be afraid of some imminent calamity befalling him or his family,and he may silently be seeking refuge in Allah OR someone who may be in deep remorse for a real or imagined sin and silently pleading Allah for forgiveness...

With each of such acts,such people immediately come in ‘close’ contact with Allah swt the moment they act,the speed of their rise in ranks is tremendous,still they remain un-noticed,because they are not involved in physical deeds other than faraedh and rawatib.Their inner connection with Allah swt,however,is so strong,that many who are involved only in physical efforts,can not even imagine their high stations.

والله اعلم
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 00:14
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

I pray for that.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 00:17
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Yes i got it. Thaank youu.
That lollipop was one silly example but made it much clear. JazakAllah khair
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 00:21
ALIF wrote:
View original post

No i got that, I prefer simpler version more as I don’t have much knowledge which would rather leave me more confused
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 00:25
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 00:28
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Thank you soo much for the details. JazakAllah khair
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 01:38
Bismillah.

What is meant by muraaqabah (awareness that Allah is watching)?

Question
What is muraaqabah (awareness that Allah is watching)? Are there any hadiths or Qur’anic verses that speak of muraaqabah?

Answer

Praise be to Allah.

Firstly:

Muraaqabah (awareness that Allah is watching) means the Muslim’s bearing in mind in all circumstances and situations, and believing with certainty, that Allah sees him and knows what he is earning of good or bad deeds with all his faculties, and that He knows what is hidden in his thoughts and in his heart.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Muraaqabah means always being aware and being certain that Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, is constantly watching what is visible of his deeds and what is hidden.

Constantly knowing that and being certain of it is muraaqabah (awareness that Allah is watching); it is the result of knowing that Allah, may He be glorified, is watching him, looking at him, listening to what he says, knowing all that he does at all times and all moments…

End quote from Madaarij as-Saalikeen (2/1489).

This is one of the central tenets of faith. There are many religious texts that speak of this idea, such as the following verses:

“And know that Allah knows what is within yourselves, so beware of Him. And know that Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing”

[al-Baqarah 2:135]

“O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women. And fear Allah , through whom you ask one another, and the wombs. Indeed Allah is ever, over you, an Observer”

[an-Nisaa’ 4:1].

According to a hadith narrated by Abu Hurairah, Jibreel (peace be upon him) asked the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) about ihsaan. He said: “It is to worship Allah as if you can see Him, for although you cannot see Him, He can see you.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (50) and Muslim (9).

Muraaqabah is one of the outcomes of belief in the beautiful names of Allah, such as al-‘Aleem (the All-Knowing), as-Samee‘ (the All-Hearing), al-Baseer (the All-Seeing).

Muraaqabah means to worship Allah on the basis of the knowledge that He is ar-Raqeeb (the Watchful), al-Hafeez (the Preserver), al-‘Aleem (the All-Knowing), as-Samee‘ (the All-Hearing), al-Baseer (the All-Seeing). Whoever understands these names and worships Allah on the basis thereof will attain this awareness that He is always watching (muraaqabah). And Allah knows best.

End quote from Madaarij as-Saalikeen (2/1493).

This muraaqabah is essential for every Muslim, because by means of it he will attain sincerity in his acts of worship, will do them properly, and will avoid that which is haraam.

An-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “It is to worship Allah as if you can see Him, for although you cannot see Him, He can see you…”

The purpose behind these words is to encourage the Muslim to be sincere in worship, and to remember that his Lord, may He be blessed and exalted, is always watching him, so that he might develop proper focus and humility, and so on.

People of knowledge and devotion recommend keeping company with righteous people, so that that might protect him from falling into some shortcomings, out of respect for them and feeling shy before them. So how should one behave who believes that Allah, may He be exalted, is constantly watching him and sees what he does in secret and openly?

End quote from Sharh Saheeh Muslim (1/158)

Righteous people are agreed that being aware that Allah, may He be exalted, knows every thought that crosses a person’s mind is a means of protecting him from falling short in what he does. The one who bears in mind the fact that Allah is watching his thoughts and his heart, Allah will protect him from falling short in what he does both in secret and openly.

End quote from Madaarij as-Saalikeen (2/1492)

Source... Islam/QA.
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 03:18
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother. I got the meaning of “Allah is looking” in sense “Allah is watching” inshaAllah. Thanks for being so much helpful
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 06:21
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

To be on the safe side,i tranlate it (for myself) as “being watched by Allah”....

Like,if there is a security camera installed somewhere,we are more concerned about ‘being watched’ rather than the camera itself.The reason is to avoid complex discussions about the attributes of Allah swt by different learned scholars.There are huge piles of texts about the subject,and they usually prove more confusing,defeating the purpose of it all.The objective is simple.”As we are ‘being watched’ and our actions being recorded,we will be made accountable, hence better for us to behave properly”.
+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 16:59
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Oh thaaank you so much I just liked this camera and watching example. InshaAllah here we concentrate on “being watched” hopefully we get the real Feelings in Jannah by looking to our Lord. If we do that here thats imaginary, I consider. JazakAllah khair.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 19:09
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Yes, here we have ایمان بالغیب
Jannat is the place for مشاہدہ

Our elders say :

ہر چہ دیدہ شود و دانستہ شود غیرِ خدا ہست

“In this world,whatever we may see or comprehend,is other than Allah. He سبحانہ و تعالی is beyond and further beyond comprehension”
+1 -0Winner x 1