Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The Secrets of Salah

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2019 18:00
Prologue

When I was in 13th grade. I once asked my English teacher that why people commit sin. Why they become egoistic? Instead of answering my question or trying to answer it, he ignored and commented that how bogus my question was. Since, I was 14 years old, I have been asking my parents, maternal and paternal relatives that what should I do? What is my purpose of life? How was I like in my childhood etc. Everyone used to give answers according to their knolwedge and perspective but no body could satisfy me.

Later on, I discovered this fact that those secularly educated people who don't have a foundation in the ilm of deen, are themselves blind. And the one who is blind can't lead others.

Then came a beautiful phase in my life when I joined the effort of Tabligh. The tablighis answered me brilliantly that this is the envirnment which motivates a person to sin or to do good deeds. Whatever, one will see, listen, hear and ponder upon consistently will affect one's state of heart and your qalb decides the direction of your actions. However, after some time spending in this effort, I quickly realized that most of the tablighis are just parrots. They repeat the statements told by their elders without pondering and comprehending the meaning of those statements.

Then my interaction with ulema increased and I realized the same thing in them. Never, have I heard even for once the imam masjid or a typical regular molvi describing the philosophy behind salah or hikmah behind the ahkaam of shariah.

In 1997, when I was in seventh grade, an uncle of mine advised me not to do rote learning and always describe the thing in essays etc in my own words. I took his advice to heart and I have always pondered on everything ever since. I noticed that our education system is based on rote learning. In schools and colleges, they teach students to say "Yes Sir". Questions are discouraged (at least when I used to go to school). This creates a culture of imitaters and not thinkers and researchers thus degrading the quality of education and thinking process of the next generations. Even the secularly educated Muslim intellectuals with highly analytical skills have failed to provide practical solutions to the problems of this ummah. For instance, despite of my asking repeatedly that what is the solution of Napotism, the other party have remained silent. It is not because they are goons and less intelligent. The real reason is that they are so much in awe of the material progress of the kuffar that they have become pessimistic and pessimism is the murderer of creativity and problem solving skills. Solutions on the other hand, demand, creativity, sensibility and last but not the least, positive attitude and confidence. I challenge these intellectuals to present their so called academic solution to napotism and I bet that they will not be able to. This is because napotism can only be eradicated if the top most leadership is honest and reliable. That can only happen when Imam Mahdi will be our leader. Therefore, my narrative is more stronger and logical than the narrative of these pseudo intellectuals. (OUCH! ;)

I have noticed a similar trait in common molvies and imams. Not talking about exceptional cases like Mufti Taqi Usmani HA, Mufti Tariq Masood HA, Mufti Abu Lubaba HA etc. The Imams can narrate verses and ahadith fluently but can't define the hikmah behind them. They can't pinpoint the problems the awam are facing in regards to deen and dunia and can't provide solutions in the language the awam is used to understanding. There is a huge communication barrier. The ulema usually use ancient Arabic terminology and examples. Most of their talks are based on akhlaq which is a good thing but they don't touch aqeeda issues in regards to current ideologies like secularism, feminism, materialism, democracy and bunch of other isms. This ignorance of modern social sciences results in great ulema supporting democracy and secularism without knowing the kufria founding principles of these phony ideologies. The Ashab e Kahaf of this time who want to live in the modern world as well have misunderstood secularism and have compromised the position of Islam in front of this fraud dajjali system. This reminds me of a statement of Sayyidina Umar RA that "If you are ignorant of a sin then you are endangered to commit it". So knowledge of kufr is necessary in order to protect oneself from indulging in it. Now, when some Muslims with baseerah point out that democracy is kufr then these Jee Hazrats and Yes Sirs say "But our hazrat has given a fatwa in support of democracy. Do you have more knowledge than them". These common folks neither want to know the reasoning of those fatawa nor they want to know the arguements of those ulema who are against democracy. We will believe what ever our hazrat jees are saying. Case closed. I don't doubt the intentions of these hazrats but by not studying the minds of kuffar through their philosophy, they are indirectly supporting their agenda by favouring democracy and secularism.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Winner x 1Old x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2019 18:00
Although it is not my main topic of discussion in this thread but I will shed some light on the problem I have with democracy to make a point. This universe is the creation of Allah and so is this earth. Therefore, it is only Allah's law which has to be implemented here whether the majority or minority, the ruler or some individuals, the government or the whole population likes it or hates it. Even if practicing Muslims create a political party and win elections. It doesn't make any sense that the law of Islam will only be implemented if those practicing ones who are ruling will pass a bill and only after that a certain section of quran and sunnah will be implemented. Who are they to allow or disallow the commandments of Allah from being implemented? Shariah has to be enforced regardless of the willingness of the creation. This can only be done under righteous dictatorship and not under democracy.

Also, I have noticed that secular education in truth is not education but jahalah. It is learning the ability to lie and deceive in a more sophisticated manner. For instance, woman rights truly means to strip the women bare naked and convert them to a product from precious and protected creation of Allah used by lustful immoral men. Liberalism truly means to liberate one self from the obligations set by Allah and become an uncontrolled nafs satisfying animal. Democracy truly means to snatch the right of being supreme from Allah and give this right to the majority or to be more accurate those organizations who are controlling those few individuals in power as their puppets for their own dajjal serving agenda. Allah can remain in places of worship but laws and way of life in different spheres of man's life will be decided by man himself. There is no room for divine guidance for that.

In short our secularly educated folks without religious foundations are blind and our religiously educated folks are good "naqaals" of classical sciences of orthodox Islam but are unaware of current worldly social sciences.

The secularly educated without deeni knowledge are totaly useless in terms of guidance and religously educated are similar to ashab e kahaf who can protect their own aqeedah and iman and those Muslims who are not in touch with the western world or who are not intellectually challenged by the society they live in but cannot satisfy the needs of educated soul searching Muslims.

Therefore, I have concluded that we need social scientists with fundamental understanding of Quran and Sunnah with divinely guided intuition (baseerah) and good research skills. The job of these social scientists is to first understand what orthodox Islam is and what are the demands of Shariah. They must develop a firm connection with Allah through real spiritual salah (The main topic of this thread). After that they must study the western global civilization and the founding philosophies upon which it stands through the critical eye of Quran and Sunnah and the intuition which they have developed through spiritual salah and consistent contemplation on quran and sunnah.

After knowing the present dajl (fraud and illusion) of this kafir system, they must present Islam using modern terminologies but orthodox concepts as a deen and not merely a religion as a better alternative to this kafir anti-God system without being apologetic and without compromising on any hukm and aspect of deen with full confidence and full force.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2019 18:01
Hence, the first phase of awareness is to learn the secrets and real essence of salah and develop correct intuition and a firm over all understanding of orthodox Islam. I have finally realized this fact that every person is calling towards his own limited and isolated understanding of things. Tablighis are using Fadhail e Amaal and the bayans of their elders and their own nafs as their guide and are calling to it. Khanqahis are using the malfoozat of their hazrats. Madarasa people are busy in proving fiqhi supremacy of Imam Abu Hanifa RH over others. Other people claim their experience to be complete and flawless. In short there is a kind of ritualism and traditionalism in the current institutions of deen.There is so much confusion and the environment is so tense that I have finally concluded that only the kalaam of the one who created us all can truly save us.

Therefore,

La ilaaha illallah

La kitab illall quran

La kalaam illall quran

La deen illall Islam

By saying that I am not saying that we must reject ahadith and other sources of Shariah in favour of Quran like the Munkar e Hadith. Instead, what I am saying is that Quran should be our guiding light and rest of the sources should be used as it's tafsir. This way we will have an overall knowledge of Shariah as well as the necessary details which we need. I have discussed this issue in detail in "Have we left Quran?" thread.

The second phase of awareness is to gain professional knowledge of current world philosophies and the founding ideologies of present world civilization with a critical eye so that it can be examined bare naked and it's flaws can be highlighted and the real motive behind these philosophies is revealed as well.

The third phase is to present Islam in the language the current educated folks are used to. What I mean is that we can borrow the vocabulary of western and eastern philosophers and educationists while keeping our orthodox knowledge intact. For example, I see nothing objectionable by stating that the modern model of khilafah is one party dictatorship in a state. Dictatorship of a jamaat whose members have been thoroughly done tazkiyah of. Who are committed to remain within the boundaries of Shariah. Who have been programmed to such a degree that they cannot even think of breaking the law of Allah.

If such a huge population like the Chinese can be managed and controlled successfully by Chinese Communist Party under the ideology of Karl Marx and Chairman Mao and a large number of CCP members can remain loyal to the system and the state then why can't true Aulia Allah who know deen and dunia as well be successful and honest dictators of a caliphate state? Are Afghan Taliban not loyal to the Islamic Emarate of Afghanistan? So what is wrong in calling one party dictatorship as a modern representation of Khilafah in these times with the obligation of Quran and Sunnah as the binding principle of rulership and the right to rule. We don't have to adopt the Chinese model but what's wrong in borrowing terms in order to give dawah to the world? Yes! Khilafah will be established by Imam Mahdi but what's wrong in calling him a righteous Islamic dictator with the tendency to consult shura in important matters?

Since, these are the times of specialization and people don't have the capacity to master more than one or two disciplines it would be unwise and unfair to expect that orthodox ulema should master both the classical as well as worldly sciences. They are doing an excellent job in preserving the knowledge of deen. They should focus on in that realm. However, they should do three things.

1. Since, it is their choice to remain as Ashab e Kahaf and remain isolated to classical uloom of deen, therefore, it is unwise for them to give fatwa about democracy, secularism, modern economics, banking etc. This is not their fields of expertise so they should remain within the boundaries of Quranic, Hadhitic and Fiqhi sciences only.

2. They should abstain from issuing fatwas against those who want to help them in khidmat of deen like the late Dr.Israr Ahmed Rh and unlike Tablighis they should consider and recognize the efforts of those who are doing khidmat of deen outside the four walls of madaris as well.

3. They should abstain from using the term "religion" or "madhab" for Islam. Islam is a complete and the best way of life. If they are unable to define the worldly side of Islam, then it doesn't mean that it is just a ritualistic religion like other religions.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2019 18:02
Understanding the Deen

We don't need logic in order to understand the deen. Whoever with his natural disposition (fitrah) intact will come across the message of quran and sunnah without even knowing the sciences of quran and sunnah (which are for academic purposes only) will recognize it as the ultimate truth. The reason behind it is the common source of both soul and divine revelation which is Allah.

When an unbiased mind studies the Holy Quran and Seerah of the Prophet, it makes total sense to it. This is the first phase of awareness which I am talking about.

We need logic only to communicate the message at an intellectual level to the educated folks of this world. Logic and philosophy and modern terminologies are just a vehicle of communication to share and transmit ideas. For da'is these tools are needed to convey their dawah in the best and most polished manner.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2019 18:04
The Secrets of Salah

I have discovered that there are four pillars of internal salah. If we learn to strengthen these pillars then we can gain the essence of salah. Salah to me is not just an empty and ritualistic ibadah. It is in fact, a university. An institution of tarbiyah. I used to think that in order to learn the essential Islam you need to go to madrassah or maktab. However, I have realized that Allah has made it easy for us to learn the essential ilm of deen without going into complicated delicacies. The single most important institituion for learning the essential most part of deen for every Muslim is Salah.

1. Dhikr with understanding and fiqr

2. Quran with understanding

3. Durood with sincerity and devotion

4. Dua with sincerity and proper understanding

1. The Secrets of Dhikr

The main aim of dhikr is to instill the glory and love of Allah in your spiritual heart. However, this can only be achieved if dhikr is done with understanding of it's meaning and deep reflection on the meanings with sincerity.

For instance when we say Subhana Rabbi Al Azeem in the rukoo then we are acknowledging the fact that our Sustainer is the greatest and we are the lowest. It is not difficult to acknowledge that there is some one who has created this whole universe. However, it is difficult to believe that behind the material asbaab of this world the real doer is Allah. That it is Allah who puts effect in the asbaab. That he can do even without the asbaab. This is the belief which differentiates between a momin and a kafir. So if a person is acknowledging this fact in the Salah that only Allah is his sustainer. In Surah Fateha also he is acknowledging this fact. In Sajda also he is acknowledging this fact. In Alam e Arwah our souls testified that indeed You are our Rabb and in the grave the first question wlll be "Who is your Rabb". So the attribute of sustenance is one of the most important attributes of Allah which we have to realize and recognize and instill in our hearts. A person who is acknowledging this fact many times in his five times prayer will have to manifest his iman throughout his 24 hours of daily life on every step. USA is not the sustainer. Trump is not. Russia is not. China is not. The mayor is not. The MP is not. Friends are not. Parents are not. Siblings are not. Children are not. Spouses are not. Only Allah is the sustatiner.

Then comes Sami Allah Hulli Man Hamidah. (Allah listens to those who praise Him). So here there is a condition being stated. That in order to make Allah listen to you, praise him ernestly and truthfully with khushu. Rabbana Lakal Hamd. (All praises are for our Sustainer)

The meanings of the whole of the Salah should be learned likewise and we must ponder on not only the literal meanings but the philosophy behind each kalimaat too.

The effect of dhikr is such that the person doing it with understanding comes to peace. He becomes confident and fearless because he gets the divine attention and the concepts of His attributes are instilled in one's heart which eliminate all the doubts of fear, hunger, poverty and death instilled by Shaytaan. So dhikr is the best weapon to counter the negative programming of Shaytaan.

The Secrets of Quran

Quran is the divine message and a gift to mankind. In it is recorded the blueprint of Shariah. There are events of the past in it for us to take lesson and naseeha from. Mighty nations of the past defied Allah and were punished. The Messengers and their followers were helped against the tyrants of their times despite of meagre material resources because of their high level of iman and good deeds.

The one who will repeatedly recite this verse inside the Salah and outisde that "Don't say Oh to your parents". Whenever, his parents will utter a word of disliking because of their old age or bad temper, this person who has been reciting the quran with understanding will behave and control his nafs from responding harshly. However, no matter how many times he has finished the Quran cover to cover without understanding, this person will remain the same immoral jahil as he previously was. Similarly when he will come across this ayah that "Don't cheat while weighing" and Allah's curse is on the liars and Zalimoon. Then this person will get a strong shock if he will ever attempt to lie or cheat in his muamlaat.

Hence, quran with understanding makes an animal human, a real pondering and contemplating, thinking and sober human.

The first stage of learning quran is to learn it's tajweed. Then it's translation and summary. And finally it's tafsir. It's not necessary to learn Arabic language. One just has to instill an accurate translation and summary by a reputed scholar in his heart.

The Secrets of Durood

Why do we love a person. We love a person because he has given us some benefit. For instance, we love scientists because their inventions have benefited us in one way or the other. So why do we love our Prophet SAWS?

In most cases our love for our Prophet SAWS is just in namesake. Because our parents in our early child hood told us to love the prophet. But the real question is why should we love our prophet?

In order to find the answer to this question we have to study the seerah of our Prophet and ponder upon the events in a new perspective.

When Prophet Muhammad SAWS was being tortured in Taif. For whom was he receiving that pain and trouble? For me. His daughters were divorced by the sons of Abu Lahab. Because of whom? Because of me. He faced the hardhsip of migration, hunger, war and disease. Because of whom? Me. The best people after Anbiya AS, the Sahaba who were selected and chosen by Allah Himself out of mankind. They were tortured, killed, wounded in front of his very eyes. For whom? Me. His two sons in their adolescence died and he didn't make dua to revive their life. The dua which every prophet has and Allah doesn't reject that dua. For whom did he reserve that dua for in qiyamah? For me. Numerous other favors and sacrifices which we don't know yet because of our ignorance. All for me.

Today, I am Muslim because of the sacrifices of our Prophet SAWS, The Sabaha RA, and the generations of elders coming after them.

Therefore, the least I can do is send durood. When we will send durood keeping these events in mind then our durood will not come from our tongue but from the depths of our soul.

The Secrets of Dua

This world is dependant on asbaab. We adopt the asbaab and try our best. Not because we trust in the asbaab but because it is the order of Allah to adopt asbaab. However, it is our iman that without Allah's permission and without His Qadr, the asbaab can neither benefit us nor harm us.

Dua is an expression of humility and recognition of Divine glory and majesty in front of Allah.

The foundational concept upon which the whole philosophy of Islam stands is humbleness towards the creator and the foundational concept upon which the whole philosophy of kufr stands is arrogance towards the creator.

Satan took pride and was rejected and denounced. Adam AS accepted his mistake, became humble and was raised in ranks.

We have tried our best to the utmost of our capacity but it is You who can make our actions fruitful or fruitless.

Dua without effort is foolishness. Effort without dua is arrogance. This is the true concept of dua.

When all these four pillars of Internal and Spiritual Salah are properly understood and learned then Insha Allah, the Salah will not only remain an ibadah but will be transformed into an institution of learning and programming the nafs.

+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2019 03:31
The War Within

It is my observation that the first battleground where we have to fight this war is our own subconscious (qalb). Once we conquer our qalb and khair in us dominates the evil in us. Then the next battleground is our own home. After us, it is our family which is in immediate danger of losing iman. So we have to motivate and program them through Quran and by teaching the real essence of Salah. We have to unveil the secrets of Salah and show them those secrets as well. Salah is not just an empty ibadah but is a code to un-tap our subconscious to the Divine mercy and nur which can enlighten our souls so that we could differentiate between right and wrong and see beyond the illusion of this tricky and dajjali world.
+0 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2019 07:07
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

The message of salah (and our Din as a whole) is “surrender to the will of Allah”.We don,t decide,we don,t choose,we simply obey....

Dunya and akhira,both are two parts of the vaste empire of our Rabb,as long as Allah swt wants us to be here,we are happy,when Allah swt decides to shift us to akhira,we happily migrate.It is HE who started the creation to begin with and it is HE who will repeat the process of creation again for the day of judgement and beyond.

الَّذِي خَلَقَ الْمَوْتَ وَالْحَيَاةَ لِيَبْلُوَكُمْ أَيُّكُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلًا ۚ وَهُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْغَفُورُ

+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2019 07:42
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Okay! I will delete the red one. However, what about wish for immediate shahadah so that I could meet my hoors asap ;)?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2019 20:58
Some Reflections in Makkah

While in Makkah, I was doing some meditation. Pondering upon the fact that how to educate our womenfolk and children in terms of deen in this age of fitna. I observed that even in the masjid of our hotel there was a separate section for females to offer prayers with jamaah. Observing the behaviour of my daughter in the masjid. Her liking for offering salah. Her and her brother's enthusiasm in going to the masjid with me and my wife, I realized that masjid is the best center for learning the deen and being inspired towards it. I felt a sudden panic when I thought that in the subcontinent we don't have such a facility for females.

Then a thought came to me to give dawah to those who can afford to build such masajid where there is a section for females. An alima should be hired to fulfill the needs of educating women and children in the female section of the masjid. In order to avoid fitna the alima and the imam should be husband and wife and it must be made a requirement for the "to be imam" of the masjid to have an alima wife who is willing to serve the deen in that masjid.

There should also be a section for men as well as for women for learning skills which could help earn one's livelihood. Now is the time to change the perception of public that masajid and madaris are not only for just ritualistic and religious stuff but are also centers of making practical and capable Muslims who know the just ways of dunia as well. This way, those who want to learn worldly skills will be attracted to the masajid and thus will be able to learn ilm essentials from the imam or ulema there.

Hence, the whole family will benefit. If men have access to Friday prayers and khutbah, and tablighi bayans, and suhbah of ulema and they can easily learn the essentials of deen but our women are deprived of any kind of religious knowledge and essential deeni training then how can we expect happy family life. How can we expect that our women will respect us? Would know their rights and duties? Would prefer akhira over dunia? Would be able to train our children? Would become responsible mothers, wives, sisters and daughters?

Today after returning from fajr prayers, another thought struck to my mind. Neither everyone can afford to build masajid nor will have access to such masajid. So, what about them? Then I realized that we can create or try to create the environment of a masjid in our own home.

We can set a time and ask our family to gather in one room. Leader of the house or more knowledgeable person can teach the family members how to offer prayers by demonstrating in front of them. He may instruct others to follow along loudly. After that he may also tell them the meanings of what they just recited. And last but not the least he may correct the tajweed of his family. This of course can only be done if the person teaching is himself well versed in terms of tajweed. However, this will be a golden opportunity to build a strong family bond and an effort to make the family members realize that without deen there is no pleasure in this world as well as the next. Learning and contemplating on salah will prepare the grounds of strong foundation of iman and Islam in the hearts of the whole family. The key is to remain consistent and keep it simple. Avoid indulging in going into unnecessary fiqhi details and focus on the spiritual aspect. Also, it's not necessary to know everything. Share, whatever you know.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2019 21:47
Reading through your post I could only think of one response, then fortunately I read the same :)

Quote:
Then I realized that we can create or try to create the environment of a masjid in our own home.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2019 18:34
بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

السلام عليكم

u shall find all ur answers in this book إن شاء الله

Falsafa Namaaz by Hakeem ul Islam Hazrat Maulana Qari Muhammed Tayyib sahab رحمة الله عليه

And

Adaab e Namaaz by Hujjat ul Islam Imam Ghazzali sahab رحمة الله عليه

duas..

wa Assalam..
namaz.jpg
Downloads: 74
    [534.02 kB]
+1 -0Winner x 1