report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2019 11:53
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

That's with any sin then and idle talking at best is not considered sinful, but disliked.

It's well known that tabligh saathis are infamous for their ghulu. I run a mile when a tabligh starts discussing matters of fiqh.

I'll take this up with Mufti Taqi Usmani.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2019 16:16
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

An idle talker is a careless person. A careless person may utter words of kufr without noticing that what he just did. For instance, people making jokes on Shuair of Allah. Like making fun of ulema or salah. You can find plenty of examples online and offline where people nowadays are more careless while talking about deen and deen related stuff. I have witnessed people cracking jokes on Allah openly in the company of adult "muslims" and thinking that it's funny where as it is open kufr or severely disgusting. Some people shared videos with me where a joke was related to Salah and I rebuked them for sharing such stuff. I have heard jokes about Shia Pakhtoon Zakir narrating the incident about Karbala and mentioning Naswaar. Is this kind of idle talk normal? Doesn't it or can't it lead to kufr?

Islam teaches us to be sober and mature instead of being a maraasi. Even jokes should also be within the limits of shariah. Even if a person says three times talaq to his wife as a joke, the divorce is actualized and even if a man and woman say "I accept the other person as my spouse" as a joke then the marriage will be actualized. So speech of a momin is serious stuff sir. One should be careful of what one is uttering.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2019 16:28
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

That's a careless generalisation.

Anyone who openly or any way mocks any aspect of Deen will inevitably fall in the abyss of kufr.

However, if someone is talking about weather, space, the depth of the ocean, Henry the 8th, how his trousers are getting tighter year by year, whether they'll ever find MH370, did Dinosaurs really exist, physics, Pakistan's chances in the upcoming World Cup etc. is unlikely to lead to kufr.

Idle talk should and must be contained on occasions plus discouraged. Having said that over-zealous tablighis should look in the mirror and adhere to the 6 point rule which, will restrict and help them from blurting out nonsensical bakqwaas.

Back to your thread. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to gatecrash. It would've been better if I send you a private message instead.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2019 16:36
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

Sir! The observations here are not Quranic verses or Hadith. They are just observations. Anyone has the right to agree or disagree.

Also! no one is judging the ummah in general here. The rules equally apply to tablighis as well. If there is any exaggeration then that is also to make Tablighis cautious of what they do. I have observed the negative results of idle talk in dawah. I have myself noticed that the local public don't take idle talkers seriously and then become disinterested in nusrah.
+1 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 25th April 2019 11:42
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Quote:
and even if a man and woman say "I accept the other person as my spouse" as a joke then the marriage will be actualized.

Really...?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 25th April 2019 12:08
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 25th April 2019 15:04

Please maintain respect for each other and Ulamaa (if topic is about a scholar) by avoiding accusations and slanderous comments. Also remember that in order for criticism to be constructive, it must be channeled in the right direction. If there is any doubt in a matter, it is better to ask, clarify or to remain silent rather than to speak ill of another person.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 25th April 2019 18:03
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2019 03:49
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

Idle talk - talk that benefits neither one's duniya nor one's akhirah (as heard from the akabir of tabligh). This is especially important when one is in khurooj, because according to the founders and the akabireen of the effort, every second should be spent fruitfully, so that the habit of weighing one's words before speaking carries forward to our lives when we return home.

How does one recognize idle talk? It is the type of talk one will be hard pressed to find in the company of ulama and mashaikh. The ulama and mashaikh talk about the weather, about space, about the fit of their clothes, so this is not idle talk.

What talk will we not find in their majalis? Talk of movie stars, pop culture, excruciatingly detailed talks about sports and sports personalities.

Adab is the very foundation of deen, according to Maulana Ibrahim Dewla Sahab (db).
+6 -0Like x 6
Rank Image
London
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2019 20:05
Quote:
excruciatingly detailed talks about sports and sports personalities.

The post would've been better without two words, "Excruciatingly detailed" :)

There's no need to talk about sports at all unless it's to do with the fitness of the Ummah and how they can improve and gain further strength in the path of Allah. But that's just my view.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2019 06:17
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I've actually witnessed ulama and mashaikh make passing mention of sports and sportsmen, so I thought it would make sense to distinguish it from my style, which includes world records, season highlights, technique and finesse, uniforms, the monies involved, and other sundry (pun intended) topics.

I will still gladly edit my post above if the words are troublesome.

Also, it's unbelievable the kind of topics one must talk about at length in certain dawah settings, just to put the brother, who is being given dawah to, at ease. (If this surprises some people, there is evidence of this in the form of Maulana Tariq Jameel's description of his conversation with Aamir Khan.)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2019 09:36
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

My post was just a reflection of my thoughts on those words and on keeping on topic.

However, I do feel that general knowledge in all fields is very handy just so that one can engage with the youth and understand them.

I had a chat with my son last night where he was talking about a non Islamic topic and he was very upset about it. He was gutted. He didn't want to tell me what it was about - but keeping in mind what he had been talking about the last few days, I jumped to the conclusion and explained his grief away and bought him back to reality.

He was shocked I knew what he was upset about, further more, he couldn't believe I knew something that doesn't interest me at all.

He asked me how I knew what was going on and how on earth I knew why he was upset.

I told him that we live in a place where everything is out in the open, everything that has no value is right in front of us, on our mobile screens, on posters, in the papers, on adverts, everywhere. So trying to live an isolated life is not the answer, instead we observe whats going on and continue with life but on those conditions that it will bring success in this world and in the hereafter. Anything else is futile, but at least we can have a conversation and bring you back to reality :)
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2019 09:50
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Your son is an arsenal fan? ;)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2019 10:01
Rajab wrote:
View original post

Alhumdulillah, we are not into Football. Even though we live in between Arsenal & Tottenham, it doesn't interest us :)

But in my youth, it was Liverpool all the way

Let's not go off side or I'll have to give myself the red card :)
+1 -0Creative x 1