Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

It seems the more I make dua, the worse things get.

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 28th July 2019 11:35
Make a Dua to Allah that He forgives all of us
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 28th July 2019 11:36
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Assalamu alaikum

I'm so sorry to hear about the pain and suffering the child is going through. May Allah ta'ala grant him complete shifa and comfort with khair and aafiyah soon.

Quote:
It has gone from a test to punishment.

How can you say that my brother? Why would Allah punish you and how can you be so sure? Hadith tell us that “If Allah intends good for someone, then he afflicts him with trials.” (Bukhari 5321)

This world is not a place for punishment and rewards; it's a place of trials and tests.

And this worldly life is not but diversion and amusement. And indeed, the home of the Hereafter - that is the [eternal] life, if only they knew. [29:64]

Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried? [29:2]

“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to the patient ones.” [2:155]

One of the most important aspects of our faith is belief in the qadr of Allah. Maybe through this calamity Allah ta'ala wants you to perfect your belief in qadr. Everything happens by the will of Allah and sometimes we just have to submit ourselves to the decree of Allah. It is not incumbent upon Allah ta'ala to accept all our duas and that does not mean that He is punishing us. Qur'an tells us that Allah ta'ala tests us in different ways and it is incumbent upon us to accept the decree of Allah.

"And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and it may be that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know" [2:216]

We have to trust Allah and know that He has a better plan for us. Allah ta'ala says:

“No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourselves but is inscribed in the Book of Decrees (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfûz), before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allah. In order that you may not grieve at the things that you fail to get, nor rejoice over that which has been given to you. And Allah likes not prideful boasters.” [57: 22-23]

Also we should take lessons from the life of Rasulullah صلی الله عليه وسلم. When his son Ibraheem رضي الله عنه passed away in infancy, the Prophet صلی الله عليه وسلم cried and said: “The eyes are shedding tears and the heart is grieved, and we will not say except what pleases our Lord, O Ibrahim! Indeed we are grieved by your separation.” (Sahih Bukhari)

That was the conduct of our beloved Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم. May Allah ta'ala grant us the strength and ability to imitate him صلی الله عليه وسلم. And may Allah ta'ala grant your son long and healthy life. Ameen
+0 -0Ameen x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 28th July 2019 12:27
As Saalamu Alaykum.

You need to register with
Crohns and Colitis . Org. Uk

www.crohnsandcolitis.org.uk/about-inflammatory-bowel-dise...

It is an organisation set up by people suffering with Crohns and Colitis for fellow sufferers and their families.

Often these type of support groups have greater knowledge of the cutting edge research available.

Other then that you maybe able to connect with experts at The Schubert Martin Crohns disease centre at Cincinnati Childrens Hospital via facebook and social media...It is one of the premier centres in the world for children with Crohns disease.

I am not going to bother with all the religious motivation because you already know it...other then say you need to get out of this "Why Me" and "Why Us" mindset. That attitude is not going to help you and most importantly is not going to help your child.

Whilst keeping up hope for a cure..
You may also need to accept the fact that Crohns maybe part of your childs life. In that case how can you best help and support him in how to cope with the symptoms.

For Crohns patients they have remissions and relapses. Symptoms getting better for a while then getting worse again. Most sufferers as they grow older develop a coping mechanism in how to deal with their symptoms.

There are many people out their who live productive lives... try and keep the symptoms under control through medication and diet. Whilst also being aware that symptoms will flare up and get worse from time to time.

Jack Leach a cricketer has just played a
Test match for England a few days ago. He has had Crohns since the age of 11.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 28th July 2019 13:54
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Firstly, don't question Allah. Instead make istigfar.

Try to work out which of the treatments is helping and use that more than the others. If he showed signs of improvement, stick to the treatment and and continue with everything as normal.

Mufti Junaid in his Ruqya bayan said that when treating someone/yourself, see which Surah had an affect on you and this way you will know which of the Ruqyas works for you.

I appreciate it's not easy and will feel horrible and daunting.

Allah give Sabr!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 28th July 2019 19:47

xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Assalaamu 'alaykum warahmatullah

Without hope there is nothing left so never give up hope.

Stay strong for your son. He needs you.

You and your family will be in du'a insha-allah and please remember us too in du'a as my son is going through treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma...Allah ta'ala alone grants shifa, the treatment is but a means.

Through His mercy there is shifa in the Qur'an ...hold on to it tight

+3 -0Like x 3Agree x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 29th July 2019 16:07
Quote:
Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani RH
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 29th July 2019 16:24
Remember one thing! Thoughts become things.

Google Placebo effect. Placebo medicine. Placebo surgery.

Also google Nocebo effect.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2I0GpM9Vsk

And they say that our problem is material. And I say that our problem is spiritual. Why don't they pay heed?
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2019 05:40
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2019 05:43
The only obstacle between our dua and it's materialization is lack of yaqeen.
+0 -0Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2019 11:32
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2019 12:17
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Some times (or most of the times) Allah has something better planned for us so no matter how much we do, it will not get fixed and there are reasons behind it.

Remember this Hadith?
Imam Bukhari wrote:
There is a hadith narrated by ‘Ata bin Abi Rabah:

Ibn ‘Abbas once said to me, “Shall I show you a woman of the people of Paradise?”

I said, “Yes.”

He said, “This black lady came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said, ‘I get attacks of epilepsy and my body becomes uncovered; please invoke Allah for me.’ The Prophet said (to her), ‘If you wish, be patient and you will have Paradise; and if you wish, I will invoke Allah to cure you.’ She said, ‘I will remain patient,’ and added, ‘but I become uncovered, so please invoke Allah for me that I may not become uncovered.’ So he invoked Allah for her.” – Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 70 :: Hadith 555

So having patience is vital. every Dua made WILL be accounted for. So don't lose hope

+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd August 2019 14:35
In life 2+2 is not always equal to 4.

Man proposes but God disposes.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd August 2019 15:58
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Actually 2+2 is ALWAYS 4. We face problems when when we make 2+2 more than or less than it is
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd August 2019 19:17
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Assalamu Alaikum,

What I wanted to say is that we can't have an ideal and perfect life in this world. There will be shortcomings and setbacks. There is no such thing like 100% precision. We will make mistakes. We will have problems. We will have defects. And this is what makes us humans instead of being angels.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd August 2019 19:52
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

I know you didn't mean what you said but what i said is the reality that 2+2 is indeed 4. And it's those who make too much of nothing or make nothing of something that cause problems to everyone.

I think what you meant you meant was that in life nothing is black and white.
+0 -0Agree x 1

Jump to page: