Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

How soon do you think The Mahdi will arrive?

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Poll

Please vote to view the results or click here to see results
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, bint e aisha, thechozenone
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 03:32
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Some say Shaykh ul Hind Rh and some say Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi Rh. However, I think Maulana Qasim Nanotvi Rh and his two other companions rh and there is a reason behind it. He started the Deoband movement and it is his students who initiated Tehreek e Khilafat, Tabligh Movement, Massive ilmi, islahi, jihadi movements etc. So by starting the Deobandi movement, he deserves the title of Mujaddid e Azam (this is out of love for this saint and nothing shari in it and my personal opinion).

If one takes your argument of hijri calender into consideration and if we accept Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi Rh as the mujaddid then as he died in 1943 which means that Imam Mahdi will come around 2043.

If we accept Shaykh ul Hind Rh as the mujaddid then he died in 1920 and according to the objection you made, Imam Mahdi should be coming in 2020 or around that year.

If Imam Mahdi is very far away then I would declare Mullah Mujahid Umar Rh as the mujaddid of current century.

Conclusion

Don't focus on the time of his arrival. Just get prepared. Even if he is 1000 years away, history is telling us again and again that when a nation, including Muslims, becomes active, she is the winner and inactivity leads to disaster and failure.

Now translate activeness and in-activeness as you like.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 06:32
My first point:

Go through the Hijri birth dates and death dates of the well known mujadids.

Almost all of them were

*born near the middle of the century,

*did thier revival work towards the end of the century

*died near the beginning of the next century.

Just look at the dates of Umar ibn Abdul Aziz, imam Shafi, Imam Baqillani, Imam Ghazali, imam Suyuti etc.

My second point:

Just because Caliph Suleman nominated Umar ibn Abdul Aziz to be caliph, doesn't make caliph Suleiman the mujadid, the mujadid was still Umar I need Abdul Aziz.

In the same way, the elders who established deobamd does not mean it makes them the mujadid. The mujadid could have been a later graduate.

My Third point

Each Mujadid addressed the need of his time. Umar ibn Abdul Aziz addressed wealth and lavishness, imam Shafi addressed Usool, imam Ghazali fiqh, differences and philosophies.

My fourth point

All my above 3 points culminate in one person only as mujadid of last century. Shaikh zakariyyah kandelwi. He died near start of century, did tajdid work towards end of last century and addressed the need of the time which was general jahiliyyah of public, to the extent that his book became the most read book on earth after Qur'an and hadith books, the fazail amaal.

My fifth point

This then also means that if Al Mahdi will do his tajdid works towards the end of the century, and he will be 40 years old, he will be born around 1450 Hijri, so he may be born around 2030 and appear around 2070.

All this is just my opinion based on the dates and lives of previous, accepted mujadids.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 07:25
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

I didn't say we should start using the Gregorian calender, we should still calculate it according to the lunar year which is shorter. My point was that you were calculating the century from the event of Hijrah, but this calender was not there when Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم narrated this hadith so I don't think we can determine the beginning of the century in this way. Therefore I thought looking at the time of previous mujaddids would help. Am I making sense?
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 07:44
Mujaddad can be many in a given period of time,each for a different field of interest. Each country or region may have a separate Mujaddad. Sometimes,many people coming together joining their efforts for a single purpose can be collectively considered doing the work of tajdeed.All these possibilities have been mentioned by Uluma.

Hardly any one in the subcontinent knows about the tajdeedi efforts of Uthman Dan Fodio ra,similarly many in Africa don't know even the name of Ml Ashraf Ali Thanvi ra. One can also mention the name of Shaikh sanusi ra,a man of very high stature,possibly Mujaddad of his time in Africa but hardly anyone in the subcontinent knows about him.

Pinpointing one single Mujaddad in the entire Ummah can become very difficult unless we keep the possibilities mentioned above in mind...
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 07:47
Is it La Ya'ani to Talk of Mehdi AS?

Rasoolallah SAW used one of favourite gesture of showing the index and the middle fingers together and said that he, may peace and blessings of Allah SWT be upon our beloved Prophet, and the Judgement Day are contiguous, close by and near each other.

Now how near is near in this case is the main point in question. One definition of near could be that the world should have been folded up in hundred years after Rasoolallah SAW. It did not happen. So the meaning of near was different from a hundred years. And we know it has to be different from 200 or 500 years and it has to be at least one and half a millennium even if we hear in the evening news that the battalion of General Suriyani (?) has disappeared in the desert.

But I still have not answered the question : how close is the close by mentioned by Rasoolallah SAW?

We can have a very good estimate of this. Think of Hazrat Isa AS and think of Rasoolallah SAW. The time gap between them? About 600 hundred years. But even this estimate is miserably inaccurate because that amount of time has been already spent two and half a times after Rasoolallah SAW. May peace and blessings of Allah SWT be upon him.

Now my impression is that even if we could calculate the average time between two Prophets even that would not be of much use because we know that among the Jewsih people Allah SWT sent thousands of Prophets and they were not contiguous but continuous! Thus this gap of 600 years is the largest that we might get empirically - and empirical data is not possible to get in this case.

Thus we come to a situation where we could be very perplexed - what is really happening? Rasoolallah SAW said that he is contiguous with the Last Day and the largest gap that we can afford is 600 years and on the practical level we are nowhere close to Hazrat Mehdi AS. But this argument is not very strong. Let me explain.

We have to admit that except for the events immediately preceding the appearance of Hazrat Mehdi AS the other prophecies of the eschatological times are all completed. Just look at the development in and around Madinah and more so around Makkah. Particularly the mountain of gold in Euphrates could be the wealth generated by the liquid gold called the oil. If it has to be real physical mountain of gold appearing out of Euphrates like the Himalayas then those are geological times that we are talking about. If that is the case then the time scale indeed will become very uncertain for us. i have other arguments against this theory. Let me cover these too.

If we look at the scientific developments and the environmental disaster that we are engineering around us then I do not feel that when Rasoolallah SAW said that he is contiguous with the Last day the meant geological times. from the state of physics I can tell that I do not expect any great surprises on this front. I have been observing medical advances also and I find all of them very miserable - including the latest leaked reports of biologists creating man-animal hybrids. These are pathetic. So on the scientific front my feeling is that no earth shaking discovery is awaited. On the architecture front things like Burj Khalifa are ugly enough that I am not curious about any further advances. On the spiritual front may I add that the pinnacle was already reached in the personality of Hazrat Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani RA and later unpacking of the secrets of this world and the hereafter are great but not quantum jumps over what was left by Shaikh RA.

So what are the things left to be seen? Nothing, in my view, except for Hazrat Mehdi AS and Hazrat Isa AS.

And I say this with one caveat only - that we can not be dogmatic about it.

Plus for people like me this is one rare form of entertainment that I can avail of. Remember that we Muslims can not be in the crowds going after the Bollywood, let alone Hollywood and western music, to relax. And boy do we need to relax! For Muslims husband and wife are the most appreciated entertainments and for youth it can be the sport. Even poetry is really as good as the Noble Qur'an appreciates it!

Finally there is this pesky thing about eschatology as entertainment - you indulge in it with some damage to your reputation. Take eschatology seriously and you will not be taken seriously. It is a hazard. think of Shaikh Imran Hossein. What an able, competent and learned man and completely lost because of his silly obsession with eschatology. In that regard one has to take all the precaution that one can in order to not get trivialized by the society. But on that angle too kindly do not ignore that even the most monumental of the Dayees, Shaikh Ahmed Deedat and dr Zakir Naik, are not taken seriously as scholars because they happen to be, not professors, nothing but mere Dayees. well that is what the world is.

And I thing I still have not answered the original question-is it La Ya'ani to talk of Mehdi AS? allow me to disappoint you - the question has to be answered by a Mufti! (Alright - my most profound apologies!)

But I shall conclude with an anecdote. You might have read i my posts about a benefactor of mine - late Dr Syed Muhammed Ahmed. He once told me that in the old city of Aligarh when they were locked in homes during communal riots because of the curfew then the biggest solace used to be the readings of the books by the likes of Maulawi Sadiq Hussain Sardhawi, Naseem Hijazi, Khan Asif and Inayatullah Altamash. Now what is this kind of literature? Well these writers present Muslim history in a glorious form by creating fictitious scenes of what could have been the actual life behind the historical events.

These books kept the hopes and spirits alive.

In today's terms talk about Mehdi AS can serve the same purpose because Muslim Ummah is passing through extremely difficult times.

Now there is an element of escapism in this and I do not deny that. Please do not ignore that. take all steps so as to wean away weak Muslims from adopting an escapist mode for themselves. That is necessary. But I shall appreciate if it is done without shunning any talk of Hazrat Mehdi AS. This is one entertainment that I would like to avail.

As far as the responsibility to remain connected with unpleasant ground reality is concerned I personally spend too much time taking it on my heart. This can be taken as a memo.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 08:01
as someone with a lot of love for maulana zakariyya رضي الله عنه i fail to see you came to conclusion he is THE mujaddid. as for revivial he himself excelled in many fields but didnt actually revive any. tazkiya was revived by maulana thanvi رضي الله عنه, abudllah azaam رضي الله عنه revived jihad, maulana iliyas رضي الله عنه dawat/tableegh, also shaykhul hind رضي الله عنه gave much of his life fighting the oppressive british.. all were worthy of the title. having these discussions are futile and a bit like the pir wars brealwis have. my pir is better than your pir.

no one can say for 100% who it was so lets jus respect n follow the footsteps n advices of them all. who knows if u follow all of them then bt 2030 you could be the nxt mujaddid lol
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 08:35
The Reformers of Islam (Mujaddid)

In his short essay entitled Tuhfat al-Mujtahidin bi Asma’ al-Mujaddidin (“The Gem of the Striving Scholars: the Names of the Renewers of the Religion”) al-Suyuti listed the Renewers as follows:

1st century: Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz
2nd century: Imam al-Shafi’i
3rd century: Imam Ibn Surayj and Imam al-Ash`ari
4th century: Al-Baqillani, Sahl al-Su`luki, and Abu Hamid al-Isfarayini
5th century: Imam al-Ghazzali
6th century: Imam Fakhraddin al-Razi and al-Rafi`i
7th century: Ibn Daqiq al-`Id (625-702 A.H.)
8th century: Al-Bulqini and al-Iraqi
9th century: Imam Jalaluddin al-Suyuti (849 – 911 A.H.)

The above mentioned centuries are according to the birth of those scholars. But a Mujaddid of a century is known to be the one who is born in the previous century but his Tajdid (revival) occurs in the next century. Hence the above names be considered the Mujaddids of the next centuries.

I (Mufti Waseem Khan) will continue this list by the century in which the Mujaddid did the revival of Islam.

First Century

The first century of Hijri calendar marks the start of Islam. The line of Mujaddids starts from the 2nd century (after the first hundred years of the demise of Rasul-ullah s.a.w.).

Second Century

The great caliph of Islam, Imam Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz is widely acclaimed to be the very first Mujaddid of Islam. He was a caliph for a very short duration (1 to 2 years), but he did great works in that short while.

Other suggested names: Imam Abu Hanifa (80 – 148 A.H.) – the greatest Imam of Fiqh

Third Century

The great Imam and founder of the second largest Sunni school of jurisprudence, Imam al-Shafi’i

Fourth Century

Imam Ibn Surayj and Imam al-Ash`ari

Fifth Century

Al-Baqillani, Sahl al-Su`luki, and Abu Hamid al-Isfarayini (considered by Imam al-Suyuti)

Sixth Century

Imam al-Ghazzali (considered by Imam al-Suyuti)

Hadhrat Abu Yusuf Hamadani (440 – 535 A.H.) – He was the shaykh of Sayyidina Abdul Qadir Jilani, as well as a grandsheikh of Naqshbandi tariqah. All the majpor Sufi orders have directly benefited from him.

Seventh Century

Imam Fakhraddin al-Razi and al-Rafi`i (considered by Imam al-Suyuti)

Khwaja Mueen al-Din al-Hasan al-Sanjri al-Ajmeri (535 – 633 A.H.) – He was the Imam of the Chishti sufi tariqah, and with his efforts a significant part of the Indian population converted to Islam

Eighth Century

Ibn Daqiq al-`Id (625 – 702 A.H.) (considered by al-Suyuti)

Ninth Century

Al-Bulqini and al-Iraqi (considered by al-Suyuti)

Tenth Century

Imam Jalaluddin al-Suyuti (849 – 911 A.H.)

Eleventh Century

Shaykh Ahmad al-Faruqi of Sirhind, India (d. 1034) – unanimously accepted as the only Mujaddid of 11th century as well as the second millennium of Islam, hence called Mujaddid Alf Thani (Mujaddid of the second Millenium). He received this noble post of Mujaddid in 1010 AH, exactly after 1000 years of the demise of the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him. He is the Mujaddid of a millenium, not only a century.

Twelveth Century

The great Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb Alamgir Mujaddidi Masoomi of Delhi, India. He established the Islamic governance in India, and he was a khalifa of Imam Muhammad Masum al-Sirhindi.

Al-Qutb `Abd Allah al-Haddad of Hadramawt, Yemen

Thirteenth Century

Hadhrat Abdullah Mujaddidi alias Shah Ghulam Ali Dehlavi of Delhi, India (1158 – 1240 A.H.) – most widely acclaimed, as he was the Shaykh of Khalid al-Baghdadi and lived almost the same times

Shaykh Khalid al-Baghdadi al-Mujaddidi of Damascus (1193 – 1242 A.H.) – acclaimed by the Khalidi Naqshbandis

Shaykh Muhammad Amin `Abidin (Ibn `Abidin) of Damascus – a student of Shaykh Khalid al-Baghdadi

(Shaykh G.F. Haddad has named both of them (Shaykh Khalid and his student Ibn Abidin) as the Mujaddids of 13th century)

Fourteenth Century

Shaykh Muhammad Zahid al-Kawthari of Turkey

Shaykh Badr al-Din al-Hasani of Damascus, Syria

Sheikh Ahmad ibn Mustafa al-Alawi (1869 – 1934 A.H.)

Hadhrat Pir Fazal Ali Qureshi Naqshbandi of India (d. 1934), the greatest Naqshbandi Shaykh in India in the fourteenth century

Fifteenth Century

Today, there are numerous great scholars of Islam continuously reviving the spirit of Islam and working hard day and night to reform the Muslims in the whole world. It is hard to decide or single out one of them, and only time will show the real Mujaddid or Mujaddids of the 15th century.

And Allah knows best.

Mufti Waseem Khan

Source
+4 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 10:31
@Maripat
If anyone believes that even if we don't put our sincere effort, Imam Mahdi will some how save us then talking about Imam Mahdi or any other hero is the worst kind of La'Yani. However, if Muslims become more active in reforming their character in the hopes to join his army or at least facilitate his army because they believe that his arrival is near then talking about Imam Mahdi is a catalyst and encouragement for progress and improvement. If talking about him gives hope and has a positive effect on our mood and actions then what's wrong in it?
If kuffar can tell fairy tales about their fictitious heroes then why can't we talk about our real heroes?

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 11:01
Mahdi will be one and only mujaddid in his century like rasulullah s.a.w. is the prophet until day of qiyamah.

Multiple prophets were sent to different nations during same period so is it acceptable to deduce that they can be multiple mujaddids sent to different nations every century.
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
Pakistan
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 11:51
Assalamu Alaykum.

This is first post in 2 years, by this lowly self here. Never thought i will write again here. Just came across this, and wanted to write something..

This lowly self has studied the topic of Dajjal in detail, did several bayanaat, some were on YouTube also. During a 20 year old journey, i also met every pious buzurg around, and asked the opinion of everyone about Dajjal and his arrival.

On the flip side, i was a huge Heavy Metal fan some 20 years ago. I landed into Black Metal, and eventually into Satanism, and eventually into Illuminati and Freemasons.

If i combine my opinion, from both sides of the coin : From an academic point of view + from a spiritual point of view + the information i saw first hand in the music industry and with the preparations being made by the Jews and the Illuminati, there is absolutely NO DOUBT, that Dajjal is very near.
+4 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Pakistan
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 11:56
I am not at all inspired by the Dajjal books, and the World War 3 books, and the dates of 2012 or 2024 or 2030!

I am talking with solid facts, behind my back.

There came a time once, when i also had the same opinion, that Dajjal is still away... Dajjal will arrive when the ummah is in dire trouble. At this moment, tableegh is there, madaaris are there, mujahideen are winning in Afghanistan, etc.. This is a time for muslims to flourish. I remember Hazrat Dr Tanveer Sahab (RA) say something similar.

But now it seems imminent. There is too much information, and i can't write all of that on a public forum (it has landed me in trouble previously).

Duas requested from everyone.

These are desperate times, fitnah has surrounded us from everywhere. The key is to SAVE your own emaan first!

Wassalaam.
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 12:38
I wish the brother could share the informations available to him. Twenty years is a long time invested on one subject,and we could get the results of his research without spending so much time and effort on it....but if he doesn't feel it is safe,then his safety is our priority. May Allah swt keep him protected. Amin
+0 -0Agree x 2Ameen x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 12:55
well i know the late dr tanveer ahmed khan رضي الله عنه was of the opinion dajjal and mahdi will be 1000s of years away. if i remember correctly he said something along the lines (dont hold me to this) that humans will discover life on different planets or something like that.

again it doesnt really matter when they come as long as we are on the right side of history. what good is them coming tomorrow and Allah save us we become the khinzirs who fight against him. i get the impression people here think it be so easy and black & white to join him as if we will get a whatsapp message saying " salam mahdi has been found in makkah come down" and we go ringing haj companies for ticket and visa. muslims have been to inept to liberate al aqsa for 70 plus years, unable to restore khalifa in over 90 years but think when mahdi comes we be able to join him in a blink of an eye. dont know were this stupidty and arrogance comes from. just look at rasoolullah (saw) men like abu jahl etc saw him, spoke to him, knew him and spoke his exact language yet couldnt bring imaan. fact is those who make excuses for not helping palestine,kshamir, shaam, burma, bosnia, afghanistan, iraq, CAR, yemen, kosovo, chechenya, east timor, gujarat, and what not will be first to make excuse not to join mahdi and probably die on side of dajjal, Allah save me and all of us from that
+0 -0Agree x 1Ameen x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 13:32
Abu_Bilal wrote:
View original post

In trouble with whom?

Would be great if you could share whatever it is that you have uncovered.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2018 13:38

Abu_Bilal wrote:
View original post

W-Salam Mufti Abu Bilal Saheb (HA),

Please post some of your YouTube videos here so all can listen and benefit Insha'Allah. You do bring a unique perspective on the issue due to your background, family and being a Mufti.

Jzk

+0 -0Agree x 1

Jump to page: