Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Aligarh and Deoband

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 25th December 2021 22:23
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Professor Maripat sahib is a great intellectual but I fail to comprehend how he can consider the deviancies of Ghamidi and Sir Syed as ijtihaadi mistakes. Neither of these two are Mujtahids.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 26th December 2021 04:16
muslimman wrote:
View original post
Quote:
You really cannot refer to the incorrect views of Javed Ahmed Ghamidi as Tafarrudaat.
As-salamu-alaykum. Let's refer to them as "incorrect views" in the sense that they go against the consensus of traditional scholars. I have no problem with that.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 26th December 2021 06:39
muslimman wrote:
View original post

His love is not for Ghamidi, it is only for Sir Syed. He has done a thread on Ghamidi as well.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 26th December 2021 07:21
muslimman wrote:
View original post

1. Today Sir Syed is not with us.
2. Whatever services offered by Sir Syed to ummah are appreciable. Remarkable service, worth mentioning them in Indian Muslims history.
3. Sunnah guides us to mention whatever good was there in the marhoom. So deviance (if any), let us leave it to Allah SWT. Let us do taweel that he did taubah before his departure.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 26th December 2021 10:21
muslimman wrote:
View original post

Quote:
With due respect Professor sahib, neither Ghamidi nor Sir Syed were/are qualified for Ijtihaad.

Fine.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 26th December 2021 10:26
muslimman wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Professor Maripat sahib is a great intellectual but I fail to comprehend how he can consider the deviancies of Ghamidi and Sir Syed as ijtihaadi mistakes. Neither of these two are Mujtahids.

Whether they were Mujtahids or not but this is fact that both of them indulged in Ijtihad. If that was not legal for them to indulge in Ijtihad then let appropriate authorities take the suitable action.

Even for a moment I did not consider either Sir Syed's or Javed Ahmed Ghamidi's views to be correct.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 28th December 2021 23:31
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Understood. Thank you for the clarification. Didn't mean any disrespect, just wanted to understand your point of view.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 28th December 2021 23:32
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Professor Maripat has explained his stance. I think everything should be clear now.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 28th December 2021 23:32
sharjan8643 wrote:
View original post

Walaikum asalam. Yes exactly.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 28th December 2021 23:35
hammad880 wrote:
View original post

The intention is never to bad mouth a dead person. It is to make people aware of incorrect views, so that they don't automatically adopt those views due to their lack of knowledge and love for that particular individual who held these incorrect views.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2022 06:50
Pakistan and Afghanistan

Pakistan is a Mazhar of Aligarh and Afghanistan under the Taliban of Deoband.

And the world focus is on us.

I feel like congratulating the Muslim Ummah.

But there are various causes of hesitation.

For example after exit from Afghanistan the US has been focusing on China.

This is a blessing.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2022 06:51
An article on comparison of Aligarh and Deoband Movements.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2022 11:12
Dr Israr Ahmed, not a Deobandi, was more Deobandi than many of us.

Here he talks of main focus of his life.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2022 12:28
Maripat wrote:
View original post
Quote:
comparison of Aligarh and Deoband Movements.
Mashallah, a good concise read on the topic. I dare say, with all of my outwardly religious appearance and deep connection with the akaabir ulama of Deoband (to the point of fanaticism), if I were in the time of Maulana Qasim RA and Sir Syed Marhoom, I think I would have gravitated to Sir Syed's mission, simply because I have nothing to offer on the spiritual front due to my spiritual bankruptcy. Mundane worldly sciences are more up my alley.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2022 12:34
Maripat wrote:
View original post
Quote:
An article on comparison of Aligarh and Deoband Movements.
The article bears repetition here, so
Quote:
The article is about “Comparison between Deoband and Aligarh Movement Difference between Deoband and Aligarh. Comparison between Deoband Movement and Aligarh Movement”

Both Deoband and Aligarh were educational movements that aimed at providing basic education to the Muslims of Subcontinent. Both movements rendered great services in the education and uplift of Muslims of India. They achieved what they were built for.

Though both movements and institutions built by them were for the educational uplift of Muslims of the Subcontinent but there were some differences between them, both in their structure and working procedure. To understand and compare them we will have to look into the following important points.

Deoband Movement And Its Impacts

Objectives Of Deoband And Aligarh Movement

Some of the main objectives of Deoband Movement are given below.

1. The objective of Tehreeke Deoband was to impart religious education to Muslims of the Subcontinent.
2. British after establishing its rule in Subcontinent had started converting weak and poor people of the Subcontinent to Christianity. Deoband Movement aimed at facing this and other similar challenges to protect Muslims and their beliefs.
3. Another objective of Deoband Movement was to act as a custodian of Islam and Islamic principles in Subcontinent.
4. Guiding Muslims in religious affairs was also an objective of Tehrik i Deoband.

Some of the main objectives of Aligarh Movement are listed below.

1. Aligarh Movement aimed at imparting Western modern education to Muslims of the Subcontinent.
2. Another objective of Aligarh Movement was the translation of modern and western knowledge to Urdu and Persian languages to make it easy for Muslims to understand.
3. After establishing rule in Subcontinent, British have targeted Muslims particularly due to their fear that Muslims may not retake rule of Subcontinent from them. They also considered Muslims sole responsible for the independence war of 1857. To change British opinion about Muslims and to bring both British and Muslims close together was also an objective of Aligarh movement.
4. To stop British atrocities over Muslims, Aligarh Movement also tried to ensure them that Muslims are not their enemy.
5. Aligarh movement also tried to secure seats for Muslims in government services.
Efforts For The Renaissance Of Muslims Rule in Subcontinent

Approach Towards British Raj

From very beginning Deoband Movement worked against British Raj. They considered British their worst enemy due to British atrocities over Muslims. The movement never established friendly relations with British Raj and its members, both teachers and students, remained very active in every movement that was against British rule in India.

On the other hand Aligarh Movement worked in collaboration with British. To benefit Muslims from British rule and rehabilitate their social, political and economic status, Sir Syed Ahmed Khan considered reconciliation with British as best policy option.

The anti British attitude was a marked feature of Deoband whereas Aligarh followed the policy of cooperation with the British. Due to different approaches towards British Raj, Maulana Muhammad Qasim Nanautavi remained in controversy with Sir Syed Ahmed Khan throughout his life.

Pattern Of Education Followed by Deoband And Aligarh Movement

Deoband Movement laid great stress on imparting Islamic education to its students. It followed the pattern of Madrasa Rahimyia, built by Shah Waliullah father Shah Abdur Rahim, in the teaching of Quran, Hadith, Tafsir, Islamic Jurisprudence and other disciplines. Soon after its establishment Deoband Madrasa became the centre of Islamic learning and education in South Asia.

Aligarh Movement on the other hand pursued Western education system. It laid great stress on receiving modern western education. For this purpose Sir Syed Ahmed Khan established Scientific Society that used to translate western knowledge and books into Urdu, Persian and other languages so that Muslims could easily understand them. Due to Sir Syed Ahmed Khan and other members’ sincere efforts Muhammadan Anglo Oriental (M. A. 0.) College soon became the centre of English learning and other modern knowledge.

Conclusion

Both Aligarh and Deoband Movement played an important role in the education and uplifting of Muslim community in the Subcontinent. Each educational institution, built by the two movements, imparted education to students that not only produced great scholars but also great leaders who later on serve Muslims interests in the Subcontinent.
No post ratings