Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Taalibah, abuzayd2k, bint e aisha, Yasin, Naqshband66
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 09:37
Bismillah.

Just come across this thread it was originally posted by Julaybib on sunniforum over a decade ago. So I though I would cut/paste it here.

Malady of Love Sickness

As Salaam Alaykum.

Bismillah Irahman Irahim:

Since this issue keeps cropping up I will Insha'Allah post several extracts from the Book of Hazrat Hakeem Akhtar sahib (Db) concerning this issue of lust and secret desires.

The Following is a letter written to Hazrat Ashraf Ali Thanvi (Ra) from a man Suffering from Love Sickness and seeking Advice.

FROM ONE MADLY IN LOVE:

Letter 1)

* I am Madly in love with a certain woman. I desire to rid my heart of this unlawful feeling but I find myself helpless in this regard. Both my deen and duniya are suffering its consequences, Hazrat please help.

Reply 1) from Hazrat Ashraf Ali Thanvi رحمة الله عليه

* Leave the company of the beloved one immediately. This separation should be both Physical and intellectual.

* Physical seperation entails that you do not converse with her, nor do you allow her to converse with you. Do not look at her, do not allow anyone, to discuss her in your presence, nor should you ever discuss her before anyone.

* Mental separation entails that you do not deliberately entertain or introduce
any thoughts about her in the mind. Involuntarily if her thought or image flashes in your mind engage yourself in some diversionary activity at once.

* Make dua to Allah abundantly for assistance.

* Constantly engage in Zikr of Allah no matter how routine or mechanical it appears.

* Thereafter inform me of your progress.

Letter 2) ....From The One Madly In Love:

* Allah be praised! I already am beginning to feel a decrease in my sentiments for her.

Reply from Hazrat Thanvi رحمة الله عليه

* Insha'Allah, you will make further progress. Continue with the prescription.

Letter 3) .....From the one Madly in Love.

* Love for her has almost diminished completely from my heart. Whenever her thought comes to my mind, a slight pang is experienced in the heart. Hazrat is requested to make dua that Allah removes all traces from my heart.

Reply Of Hazrat Thanvi رحمة الله عليه

* The remedy is the same as before. Adopt total separation under all circumstances; all emotions will disappear. If any inclination appears thereafter, do not be concerned about it, for this is harmless.

To be continued......................................... ...........................Insha'Allah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 09:39
Bismillah.

Stay away from Zina

Salaams.

Another extract from the above mentioned book.

* " And come not near unto adultery, Verily, it is an obscenity and an evil way."
(17:32)

* In this verse , Allah Rabbul-Izzat has prohibited us from even approaching Zina
(adultery); thus educating us to the fact that: Any cause that leads upto a Haram act is also Haram, and thus to be totally avoided.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 09:40
Human instinct

Salaam's.

* Human instinct is such that no sooner do a strange Man or woman meet in privacy than a sensation of mutual attraction permeates between them. This attraction develops from stage to stage, from mere affection to uncontrollable passion and ultimately into the irreversible stage, where it is almost impossible to control the nafs, and finally the shameful deed of Zina is perpetrated.

* Thus Allah Rabbul-Izzat has made easy upon os the beautiful pathway to chastity, purity and piety (taqwa) by declaring unlawful all those factors that contribute to the commision of Zina.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 09:40
Bismillah

* Slow Poisoning

Salaam's

* It should be remembered that even though passionate feeling are not immediately experienced, through a process of slow poisoning, shaitaan contaminates the mind and love over powers the heart. At this stage peace of mind is totally shattered and a stage of agitation and anxiety sets in.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 09:45
Bismillah.

Re: Malady of Love Sickness

Salaam's

I will post some more extracts from the book Insh'Allah when I have time.

The author of the book is Hazrat Hakeem Akhtar Shah (DB) he is about 85 years old and regarded as one of the Prominent Awliya of this time.

I just realised that I have forgotten to mention the actual book.

It is called " Remedies to Spiritual Maladies."

Note: Shaykh Hakeem akhtar رحمة الله عليه passed away several years ago, this thread was originally posted on Sunniforum in 2007.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 09:46
Bismillah.

Lustful gazes

Salaam's

* Lustful gazes bring in their wake, love and attachment for created objects and ordinary mortals, which in turn unsettle the heart and create turbulence and confusion within the mind, making life a miserable and bitter existence.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 09:47
Bismillah.

Sweet tones

Salaam's

* When conversing with women, the tone and voice is " tuned" and softened in order to please and attract them; Similarly, to do so when talking to handsome lads is haram and a sin. (The same rule applies to straightening the clothes, setting the hair and beard aright, etc. when apprehending the appearance of strange women).
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 09:48
Bismillah.

Imagination Running Wild

Salaam's

* Some people lower their gazes but derive great pleasure and satisfaction by conjuring images of the beloved in the minds eye, through the power of imagination.

* Thus not only the physical eye, but even the " mental eye" has to be cast down from strange women. This is achieved by occupying the heart with Zikr and other wholesome thoughts.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 09:49
Bismillah.

Seek refuge from the fire

As Salaam Alaykum.

Hazrat Thanvi (رحمة الله عليه) states.

* An illicit relationship is in reality an affliction and calamity from Allah Rabbul-Izzat; as a result of which the Ruh (soul) becomes greatly agitated and tormented, sleep becomes haram, the thought of the beloved constantly haunts the mind and a state between life and death prevails over the heart....a condition
that can veritably be compared to the people of hell.

* Hazrat Khawaja Sahib (رحمة الله عليه) used to say: " When gazing at the rosy cheeks of the beloved, think for a moment of the "Rosy" glow of Jahannam and recite at once: " Wa qina azaaban naar" - ( and save us from the fire of hell).
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 09:50
Embedded in the Heart;

Salaam's

Hazrat Thanvi رحمة الله عليه:

Further states; " When man inclines towards a form, it becomes embedded in his heart. He may thereafter, recite as much " La Hawla" as he desires and blow upon his chest, he will not attain salvation from this Malady since his reading is bereft of sincerity and a firm resolve to abstain from this evil."
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 09:53
Bismillah.

A slice Of Bread;

Salaam's

Sheikh Sadi Sherazi رحمة الله عليه, the great Sufi Poet of Iran narrates that the disease of infatuation and Love sickness had reached epidemic proportions in Damascus.

Allah Rabbul-Izzats anger and wrath was inflamed and the entire populace was inflicted by a terrible drought and famine. Close to perishing, due to hunger a few of the so called lovers were given an option between their beloved and a slice of bread. One slice of bread was sufficient to extinguish their passion and romance.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 09:54
Bismillah.

following reminder is by Julaybib.

Just A Reminder.

Salaam's

Just My own personal reflection, many good and pious muslims have fallen victim to this Malady and in due course have ended up losing the tawfiq to Practice the deen.

So we must check our own hearts and intentions....Be more conscious of our own behaviour when dealing with the opposite danger (sorry i meant Gender). For certainty this is an affliction that creeps up slowly on an individual and before they Know it they have developed an infatuation.

So in colleges and at work and also on the internet we should try and keep an interaction to a minimum with the opposite gender.

As far as the net goes I think we should avoid completely to much back and forth dialogue with the same individual from the opposite gender.

Having researched on this Malady, it looks like Shaytaan has a way of making the individual believe what they are doing is innocent. The friendship or affinity they may feel for the individual is completely in their minds Innocent.

Slowly attractions are developed and nurtured...A single person may find certain characteristics they like in someone and hope to have in a potential husband or Wife.

The married person may find, certain characteristics in a person attractive....And which are missing in their husband or wife. Suddenly without realising they develop an infatuation for someone and in due course end up far removed from the deen. Non of us should consider ourselves immune from this Malady.

their are many instances of very pious individuals who fell victim to it.

May Allah protect us all ameen.
+0 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2018 15:53
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2019 07:36
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Assalaamu alaikum.
Do you still ve access to such tazkiya threads?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2019 07:48
umar123 wrote:
View original post

As Salaamu Alaykum.

This thread was originally posted on the now defunct Sunniforum.

The thread was preserved because one of the members had transferred to a different message board...I just happened to come across it and posted it here.

The most popular thread by the Original Poster, was called "Start With The Self"... it can be found here.... www.muftisays.com/forums/27-sharing-portal/9956-start-wit...

No post ratings