Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

What would you like to study in schools?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd October 2018 09:42
Assalamualikum

Alhumdulillah I have the privilege of being part of an English medium School in the subcontinent, which gives preference to Islaamiyat and Arabic too.

Its always a challenge in trying to develop the curriculum to be of an international standard while ensuring that we are also teaching them Arabic and Islamiyat the subject and etiquette too.

I would love to know how MS members would design the curriculum if they had a school of their own or what subjects would you like to see in the curriculum if your child studied in such a school.

Jazak Allah khair
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd October 2018 09:51
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd October 2018 11:03
Arabic, Tajweed/Tafsir, Seerah, Islamic History, Essential Fiqh, Practical Maths (Basic Calculations, Arithmetic), General Knowledge, Tazkiyah.

Then let the kid explore the area of his/her interest and follow similar model to Finland Schooling System. Experimentation, Exploration and Research oriented practical education which is meaningful and helps in character and skill development for the child.

So it would be a combination of essential deeni ilm, professionally skill based and intellectually stimulating and research oriented education. This is what roughly comes to my mind.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2018 03:03
I would also add karate or similar sports which helps keep the body fit and adds the ability of self defense to kids.
No post ratings