Topic Appreciation
Abu Salma
Rank Image
Dunya
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 14:14

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I see no use of speaking of sufism when no one gets the basics right  ie: quitting sins by having their prayers sorted which is the minimum requirement of being a MUSLIM. We somehow feel that we can read some high level books and build our jazba to be like these sufis when ur not even fulfilling the basicness of a muslim. I dont see how this makes sense? Why do we keep our senses out in Islam??? For duniya, we  know we can't read doctors books coz we need to go through formal rigorous trainings to even read so we can understand the terms and context used in the book.. How in Good Lord can we think of reading such books when we dont have fundamental basics right? I honestly don't understand this bit..

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Dunya
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 14:40
I'm not a sufi since u addressed it to sufiya-e-kiraam, but I've had this thought running in my mind of how people read certain books without having their basics sorted.. I understand some deo shaykhs just want every layman somewhere connected to sufism, coz if we keep the old standards, then none of the haqq shaykhs will have any mureed.. What I'm trying to say is, They not sinning is called being a Muslim and nothing will motivate them without the fear of Allah not instilled in their hearts. The haqq Auliya can  only focus on getting rid of sins of the layman who are connected to them.. There are certain conditions if the Shaykh decides to take the mureed higher if he sees he has the calibre, but my point is, most shaykhs are making a blunder by not taking the mureed down the path of crushing the nafs.. the effects of his salaah is in direct co-relation with his well being and connection with Allah, that's why the emphasis. To make him jump to read books before this will only give him a superficial reality of sufism which propels him to understand it in a certain angle even if he gets it cross verified with the sufiya-e-kiraam to get the correct understanding.. I could be wrong, open for correction..
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Dunya
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 14:56
The naqshbandia path is different which has a different path from the other 3 where they focus on eradicating sins first but thats not my point.. My point is on prayers removing sins as is said in Quran.. With lots of respect, why do the current gen Shaykhs not speak of this and build the Yaqeen on their students that prayers prayed with its due right will eradicate sins as said in the Quran.. To teach each and every one of the Muslim masses on how to pray such prayers... a genuine question.. 
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 14:56

NaqshBandh wrote:
View original post

NaqshBandh wrote:
View original post

We live in a democracy so a person has the right to belong to DeoBand or NaqshBand or any other Band they wish to belong to but my question still remains.

Can you give me examples from the lives of the Sahabah who practised Tasawuff the way it is done, today?

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Dunya
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 15:03

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Deo is a Hindu gods name and in their fairytale, they kept this deo god locked/closed in a certain place which later got to be called DeoBandh.. Naqsh means Inscription, Bandh means Fixed/Closed.. They attributed this title to the originator of this Silsila since He inscribed Allah swt's name in people's hearts and fixed their hearts with this Inscription where they didn believe any ghair.. Not that u asked for a description or explanation but just saying.. 

Well, I dunno what other "band's" are out there which are Islamic and not sure if ur referring the Tassawuf thing to me since u addressed it to the sufiya-e-kiraam.. I shall wait for their answer as well coz I have my questions un-answered too.. 

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 15:19

NaqshBandh wrote:
View original post

No!

Deo in Farsi means Ghost so the name comes from someone who captured a Jinn/Ghost and that is the significance of the name. Bandh is also persian so you cannot translate the first half in Sansikirit and second half in Persian, the whole name is historically Persian.

Just Ahmedabad in Gujarat is obviously not a Hindi name but Hindus call it "Amdavad"

You are referring to the Hindu name "Dev Vrind" which is a recent invention by BJP and it does mean 33 dieties of Hindu'ism

www.indiatoday.in/india/story/uttar-pradesh-deoband-dev-v...

NaqshBandh wrote:
View original post

The original word is Naqshband without the "h" at the end of the word.

rch.ac.ir/article/Details?id=12046

Just like "Deo" is a Persian word and not Sanskirit

So you are wrong on multiple counts but keep on chirping.

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Dunya
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 15:29

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I did say fairytale.. And most Hindu God's (33 Million of them) are Evil Jinns if u didn already know..

And I love chirping :D

+2 -0Creative x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 15:41

NaqshBandh wrote:
View original post

You must be a politician :lol because you are a Master of changing subjects. Everytime your misinformation is caught out you change topics.

I was discussing Tasawuff from the Salaf and you changed topics, then stated that Deo is a Hindi word which it isn't so you changed topic to say that most Hindu gods are Jinns. This is also not true because Hindu'ism is based on Mythology (so may be based on nothing but fiction). Neverthless there is ample theory that Brahman is actually a corruption of Ibraheem (AS) i.e. over time people took Ibraheem (AS) to be a diety and then it got corrupted and Ibraheem (AS) was not a Jinn! It is "a theory" not a fact!

Neverthless, try sticking to the subject of Tasawuff.

P.S: I was joking about the "Band" and everybody else got the joke but since you didn't I am spelling it out for you.

P.P.S: Hazrat worship is also not a literal term i.e. a Hazrat sitting on a chair and people worshipping him, just wanted to point it out before you change directions again.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Dunya
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 16:53

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Phew, I was hoping a politician could notice me(as the saying goes that a politician recognises another) not sure what misinformation you've caught, lol.. The Hindu God's are mostly Evil Jinns(interpreted in a muslim context without its mythical tag, you can do a whole read up on how their 33 Million God's came to be) which is an actual fact.. And they(The Hindus) belive deo to be their God regardless of the words origins.. Whether the Persians changed the name or not, this is what it's popularly called and I dont care a two hoots of who called or named it since it's a fairytale for crying out loud.. Take a chill pill with the links yo, you win if that's what u want.. 

whats the full story on the brahman, did you get that part from Dr Israr Ahmed Rah lecture and thanks for changing the direction and intriguing us.. We need more of this "Theory"

P.P.P.S:  you got the spelling wrong buddy, its Bandh, with an 'H' and not band like a group of musicians for egs.. In English, the word "Band" is pronounced with a strong D consonant phenome sound at the end whether it's in received pronunciation or general American accent.. Its not with a Dh sound.. Only when you add it with an "H" does the letter then get phonetically pronounced with a Dh sound.. I was really hoping that I was wrong though :)

P.P.P.P.S: Al-Hamdulillah , my eyes are saved from it's actual literal witnessing.. Care to enlighten us if ur not too bothered with changing directions already?

P.P.P.P.P.S: editing your previous posts on questions posed is a great way to comeback and appear more legit and is a really cool way of deceiving too. You learn so much everyday on how people seem to win(which is not the intention here) with supposed facts and links and change their previous posts to appear more legit.. Oh well! :)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 17:01
Let's hope Ego doesn't take precedence here :)

Let's all stick to the topic please.

The question asked is fair and we would prefer if it can be given an answer.
Quote:
give me examples from the lives of the Sahabah who practised Tasawuff the way it is done, today?
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Dunya
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 17:04

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Well I was trying to be extra kind with my fellow chirper.. :) Anyway, I would prefer it be answered as well for who its posed to. 

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 18:10
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

sufism, tassuwuf, tazkiya or what ever you want to call it is just a means to an end.. so no the sahabah didnt practice it like we do today and most honest n sincire shayookh will tell you this.

one glance with imaan and being with rasoolullah (saw) was enough to purify their hearts. all this zikr majlis and bayah is mostly for training and focus of mind. one can go and sit with multiple shyakh but to truly benefit find a true waliAllah and when it comes to your spiritual reformation do as he prescribed ( a true shaykh wont ask you to do anything that is against quraan and sunnah)

as for sahabah givin bayah to others i doubt they did but i knw they did taqleed and had status among them. if i remember correctly abdullah bin masood رضي الله عنه was considered one of the most learned so whatever he said they took on board.

also ive heard and read there were occasions sahaba did group zikr but not sure if it was preplanned or anything
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 19:04
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Yes,it is indeed a fair question. We certainly need to know the origin of what was named ‘tasawwuf’ at a later stage. We need to know if the ‘essence’ of it was present in the time of Syedena Rasoolullah صَل الله عليه و سلم and his Sahaba. We need to know if it is the same thing which is called ‘Taqwa’ in Quran or ‘Ehsan’ in Hadeeth ? We also need to know if Quran and Hadeeth ever demanded from us to try and improve our manners and conduct,to avoid excessive love of dunya,to avoid backbiting,jealousy,malice,
undue anger,lust and the likes of it ? We need to find an answer to the question wether any degree of training was ever needed to achieve those goals ? and if such a training was granted and received in those blessed times ? We need to know if the formalities we observe today were part of the real thing or were later added out of compulsions ?

We need also to know how the hadeeth الاعمال بالنيات ( every deed depends on the intention behind it) was put into practice by Sahaba or the hadeeth ان تعبد الله كانك تراه فان لم تكن تراه فانه يراك ( worship Allah as if you see him because if you don’t see him he certainly see you) or the advise of the prophet pbuh to a sahabi: راقب الله تجده تجاهك ( take care of Allah,you will find him in front of you) or the contemplation of this ayat : الم يعلم بان الله يرى ( Don’t they know Allah is watching them)and و هو معكم أينما كُنتُم (He is with you wherever you are)....

We know Syedena Rasoolallah صَل الله عليه و سلمused to take oath from some individuals for certain specific acts (like from women not to wail on their dead relatives) or from some sahaba for the promise that they will not request anybody for any of their needs etc ( otherwise the bayat of Islam was considered enough). No such thing is mentioned from Akabir sahaba. We need to know the reason for it. Could it be because formal bayat had become a symbol of recognising one,s political and administrative authority and that bayat to a khalifa included all the things which were part of that position and status ?. Khalifa and khilafat in itself was not only an administrative position but also an institution of religious and spiritual leadership. Was any further bayat even needed ? This practice continued even in times of ‘Malookiyyat’ (kingdoms) as any bayat other than that to the king could easily be constructed as ‘treason’ and ‘rebellion’. Who would take such a risk ?. So the term ‘Suhba’ was preferred by sufis rather than formal bayat.Later on when sensitivities about such issues died down formal bayat was initiated by Sufi masters...

The kind of dhikr Majlis we see today was probably not seen in those days, nor were they needed as such. They were initiated at a later stage when excessive wealth lead to rampant materialism and it was felt necessary by certain Sufi circles ( rightly or wrongly) to use combined dhikr majalis to wash away the dust of materialism from the hearts of people. They used it as a tool not as an objective. The objective was eslah of nafs through dhikr and to turn people,s minds towards akhira. One could disagree with their methodology but there is no doubt that they were sincere in their efforts...

The way respect is shown is a ‘cultural thing’. Islamic and Arab culture did not approve of the cultural traditions of ajam. One can easily understand that as Islam spread to Ajami lands their cultures wrongly made inroads into the pure Arabic Islamic culture. It was an unfortunate,unnecessary and unwelcome development which should have been discouraged to begin with. We are seeing the outcome of such negligence in its extreme form today.

So,we don’t know answers to many questions. May be the essence of tasawwuf was very much present in Khair ul Quroon, the formalities we see today were not. Allah knows best.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 20:17

ALIF wrote:
View original post

This confuses me even further. In every branch of Islam we recommend to go back to the actions of Khairul-Quroon and we try to match step-by-step what the Sahaba (RA), Taba'een (RA) and Taba-Tab'een (RA) did. Once we know that their Tasawuff was not what we are practising today then WHY do we insist on practising our version of Tassawuff knowing full well that it was not practised by them?

Surely, the Khair and the Barakah is in what they practised and not what we deem to be effective (by our experience).

There is not an iota of doubt that majority of Tasswuff (today) is based on rituals which was picked by Persian/Turk/Transoxianan influence upon us (subcontinent Muslims) and the movement of Deoband is to purify it and take it back to the Salaf so we are we carrying on with foreign Tasawuff and its rituals, why not take it back to the Tasawuff of the Sahaba.

“Bayt” is just one aspect of today’s Tasawuff, the entire deal is alien to the Islam of Sahaba. It is more Persian/Turk/Transoxianan then Arab, in fact it Tasawuff hardly exists amongst Arabs of today (at all). And you cannot claim that majority of the Arabs are misguided and light of Islam shines upon Indian (origin) Muslims.

I asked this question on Sunniforum and a dear friend replied that Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) remained in the company of Imam Jafar Sadiq (RA) for 40 years etc. This does not mean that he was Bay’t to him? What was the daily Dhikr? What was happening? We know the smallest aspects of the life of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) so how can his Tasawuff remain hidden from us?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 20:43
Just depends on how much weight you put on processes in tasawwuf circles. Hazrat worship is not a new term, it's same as peer parasti
+1 -0