Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Maulanas who issue fatawa(or are qualified to)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2018 11:10
Asalam Alaikum ,
This is something I have found quite interesting.If we look at the scholars of the recent past (last century or so ) , we find many names amongst them who used to issue fatawa , in fact their fatawa are compiled in huge books , but they were not known as Muftis . Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi , Maulana Rasheed Ahmad Gangohi , Maulana Khalil Ahmad Saharanpuri are some examples.
In this day and age , there is a more clear distinction between the "Maulanas" and "Muftis".A Mufti is someone who completes the Ifta course after graduating from Dars Nizami.Nowadays , for the most part only the Muftis issue fatawa.
However , there are exceptions to this rule.There are Ulama who are qualified to issue fatawa but they do not add the title of "Mufti" next to their name.
An example of this is Maulana Fazlur Rahman Azmi of South Africa.
Another example in recent history was Muhadith Jaleel Maulana Habib ur Rahman Azmi(died 1992) of India.
Maulana Yousaf Ludhianvi Shaheed also has a fatwa compilation in his name(which is considered reliable by Muftis) but was himself not known as a Mufti.

Can anyone suggest any more names of contemporary(or from recent times if they are dead)Ulama who are not known by the title of Mufti yet are capable of issuing fatawa?

What about Maulana Sameeruddin Qasmi and Maulana Yaqub Kavi Qasmi of the United Kingdom?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2018 11:40
Anyone?
@Muadh_Khan?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2018 11:46

muslimman wrote:
View original post

You don't need to have degrees or titles but you need to have endorsements of Senior Ulama etc.

For example:

Imdadul-Fatawa of Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA) was published under the direct supervision of Mufti Shafi Usmani (RA)

www.archive.org/stream/ImdadulFatawa-6Volumes-ByShaykhAsh...

Apply the case to many of the Ulama whom you are mentioning. In the case of Maulana Yaqouq Saheb (HA), Mufti Ismail Kacholwee (HA), Mufti Yusuf Sacha (HA) endorse his views and that is good enough for me.

Your list is wrong! Who told you that these Ulama were not formally Muftees? Ajeeb...

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2018 19:20
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

What about Maulana Sameeruddin Qasmi saheb?

And also , I never said that the Ulama I mentioned were not formally Muftis.My point was that the title of Mufti is not used with their name so I wasn't sure if they were Muftis or not.I'm sure most other laypeople are in the same position.
In the case of Maulana Fazlur Rahman Azmi of South Africa , I do know that he had completed the Mufti course.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd July 2018 09:04

muslimman wrote:
View original post

I am now lost! Is your objection as to why "Maulana" Asharf Ali Thanwi (RA) did not use the word "Mufti" in his title, apply this to a lot of other Ulama who don't.

Before asking a question, please share some signed Fatawa of Shaykh (Maulana) Sameerudden Qasmi (HA) or a book of Fatawa by him?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd July 2018 12:41
Brother Muadh , relax.You seem to be getting annoyed.

I am not objecting , just asking a question.I understand what you meant in your earlier reply.

I have not come across any fatwa of Maulana Sameeruddin Qasmi.I was just curious to know whether the respected Maulana sahab issues fatawa or not.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2018 14:20

muslimman wrote:
View original post

1. You ask a question specifically asking me, I reply
  2. You reply, I don't understand
  3. You chastise me on being annoyed when I am "NOT". I am pointing out your queries are inconsistent and don't make any sense
I am saying that your logic is unsound.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2018 19:17
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Well , I understood your replies and found them helpful.Thank you for the input.I don't think any further discussion on this topic is required.
Wassalam
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2018 14:56

muslimman wrote:
View original post

Accept my apology, I will not be intervening in any threads of yours in the future.

Sorry

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2018 17:12
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Come on brother.Why the apology?All is good.

You are more than welcome to participate on any of my threads( which are very few and rare) and your input is very much appreciated.
+1 -0Winner x 1