Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha, abu mohammed, sipraomer, Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2019 15:59
Abdullah ibn ‘Umar رضي الله عنه is reported to have said:

Truly, we were the beginning of this nation. There would be men, amongst the best of the companions of the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم, who only had with them one surah or so from the Qur’an, but the Qur’an was heavy upon them and they were given the sustenance of acting according to it. Truly, the end of this nation will have the Qur’an upon them until even the child and the non-Arab recites it, but they will not act according to it.

(The Character of the Bearers and People of the Qur’an, page#40)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 27th February 2019 04:06
89 Parts of the Quran

I have divided the Holy Quran in 89 parts for an easy daily recitation schedule. Each part can be easily completed within 20 to 25 minutes on average. This way one may listen to each part daily while reading it's translation according to the technique I mentioned. One can recite that part after listening as well. In longer surahs I have divided the Quran ruku wise. For shorter surahs I have kept complete surahs in each division. Each division can be recited daily in just 20 to 25 minutes with medium speed and correct tajweed.

This way:

Per year you will listen the whole quran four times
You will recite the quran four times
You will read the translation of quran four times

Thus you will engage with the whole Quran 12 times in a year.

Below is the link to the zip file of these divisions.

www.mediafire.com/file/svtc6s4g9t68gea/Quran_PDFs.zip/file

+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 27th February 2019 04:25
Custom Audio Flash Cards for Quranic Vocabulary

I have studied two levels of Qurani Arabi Seekhiye by Mufti Abu Lubaba Shah Mansoor Sahab. I have noticed that if we don't apply the techniques learned immediately then we can get bored easily. Learning a new language is painstakingly a slow process and we don't have much time left before the fitnas intesify further. We need salah with khushu in order to bear the current and upcoming pain.

Therefore, for laymen instead of investing time for learning classical Arabic deeply, we must learn the vocabulary of Quran in our own language and instill it in our subconscious while keeping it's summary or brief explanations in mind. For this purpose I have discovered a technique with which one can memorize meanings of the words easily.

I call it custom audio flash cards. The trick is simple.

1. In your mobile you use audio recorder and record the sound by reciting one word or two words of a verse (example "Alhamdu" of Surah Fateha verse 1.)

2. After reciting the word, imagine it's meaning silently and after giving a little gap say the meaning loudly.

3. This will result in "the recited word" then gap and then it's meaning. Now stop the recording.

4. After that do it with other words of the verse.

5 Then recite the complete ayah and record it's meaning in the same audio.

6. Do it with rest of the surah. Make group folders of audios ruku wise.

7. Whenever you want to recite any ruku, just go through the audio files of the vocabulary of that ruku. This will enhance our understanding of the quran. In your spare time, listen to the audio flash cards and during the gap after the recited word, say the meaning and then confirm it after listening the meaning later on after the gap.

8. As the time passes keep on skipping the common words which are coming again and again in the quran like Ú¾Ù…. This way in later parts of the quran you will have shorter and lesser audios for the vocabulary as you will have to learn the names of unique words only and you will already be acquainted with common and repeated vocabulary of the quran.

9. Also study a light weight explanation of Quran like "Asaan Tarjuma Quran ka" by Mufti Taqi Uthmani HA so that you don't lose the context of the words and verses of Quran.

10. Use word for word translation of Quran in order to know the meanings of words of quran which you are going to make audio flash cards out of.

I like this word for word translation in urdu because I hope that it is unbiased.

Word for word Urdu Quran Translaiton
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd March 2019 02:44

Program Name : Zaviya
Host : Ashfaq Ahmed RH

This was a famous PTV program in which Ashfaq Ahmed RH used to talk about sufi Islam. This program is also available in book form.

The first episode is called "Behroop" which means to disguise (a person who changes his appearance to be someone he is not)

Prologue:

Ashfaq Ahmed is describing the purpose and format of this program. And the main idea which he is trying to convey is that Aulia e Karam are pyschologists and in the khanqahs their main task is to give relief to the people by listening to their problems and then giving them solution in the light of Quran and Sunnah and their God gifted wisdom. This TV program was also intended to be an imitation to that tradition.

In the question answer session a person made a comment, "This kind of meeting is our rural tradition. This program also seems to be it's continuation. The printed word has almost diminished this concept."

Mr. Ashfaq Rh replied "Yes! This is a long story. Oral tradition is more powerful. The prophets used this way and manner in order to propagate their message. The prophets used to say "Listen! O people!" and those who would object would say that what kind of prophet is he. He comes to the bazaar and talks with us. (Means that he should not act and live like common people). Knowledge has always transfered through oral tradition and I think that the oral tradition has passed through printed word to electronic media and has now again converted into oral tradition. Though! I insist that this imitation should resemble the way of olden times."

So what I have understood from this first program is that oral tradition is more powerful and engaging than written word. It is natural. It is the way of the prophets. Nations have been moved and motivated by excellent orators rather than writers and philosophers. Written word only attracts the literate and intellectuals. Where as oral tradition affects people of different calibers.

People like to see tutorials and lectures on different topics on youtube instead of reading them in written form. This is why youtube has become the second largest search engine now after google.

Also, I have noticed this that you can listen more than you can read and while listening you can ponder with more focus on what you are listening. Also the Quran is the KALAM of Allah, RECITED to the Prophet SAWS by Angel Gibrael instead of being handed over to him in written form. Another point to ponder is that the Quran has been safeguarded through huffaaz and huffaz are a more reliable method of protection as can be witnessed in the situation of 70 years of Soviet rule in Chechnia and the spread of Quran and Islamic knowledge despite of the state restrictions against learning Islamic knowledge.

Connection of all this with the learning methodology of Quran:

Therefore I have discovered a new and better way of learning, understanding, remembering the Holy Quran.

1. Record the translation (without Arabic) of one ruku of Quran in your own voice.
2. Then the word to word meaning of the same ruku.
3. Then Arabic recitation.
4. Do it with the whole Quran in this manner.

Now spend some time in listening to your own recording again and again. Gradually but surely, this will glue the translation of the Quran with it's arabic text in your subconscious mind and you will start understanding the quran as you listen to it or recite it. It will also help memorize the Quran faster. After that build upon your understanding of the Quran by listening to tafasir lectures of the scholars you trust.

In addition to that start recording books of seerah, tafasir and other beneficial books. Listen to those recordings regularly.

In short create an audio library for yourself and share it on youtube and other social media as well for dawah purposes. I have also noticed that it is not good to make lengthy notes. Just keep on listening the essential llm and start pondering on what you listen. Then write your reflections and record those reflections as well. By repeatedly listening to Quran, Seerah, Fadhail, Ahadith, History and whatever is of importance, we will start remembering what we learn more efficiently and this will also save our time from being wasted in useless errands. We can go where we want and bring our audio library with us. We do our daily chores while listening to the beneficial knowledge. We can listen while driving too.

No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2019 15:41
Complete Noorani Qaida Tajweed Course in Urdu (FREE)

LINK
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2019 18:09
The Difference between Quranic Beauty and it's Purpose

Learning Arabic language so that we can appreciate the beauty of Quran is a doubtful matter for me. Is the purpose of Quran, spending all of our lives in trying to know and appreciate its beauty? Or the purpose is to understand its message so that we act upon it in order to establish Allah's law on our body and on our society. If we understand the message as well as learn to appreciate it's beauty and eloquence then well and good. However without focusing on it's message, if we just spend our energies in appreciating it's beauty alone then that would not be justice with the Divine message.

Therefore, I consider it useless to spend years and years in trying to learn Classical Arabic. The pious ulema have done their duty well in translating and explaining it. So my suggestion is to consult good translation and explanation of Quran which is according to the traditional and classical interpretation and then absorb it into our subconscious instead of investing time on learning Arabic. We may learn basic Quranic Arabic but most of our focus should be in hammering its translation and authentic meaning in our subconscious.

The reason I am saying it, is that I am seeing folks who learn classical Arabic but not other classical sciences needed to interpret quran are just wasting time in either digging deep down it's lingual beauty without focusing on it's message or just rejecting sunnah and becoming munkar e hadith. So the safest route is to trust classical ulema who have explained the Quran in the language we understand well.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2019 21:06
The biggest miracle of the Quran is not scientific. Instead, it's the divine and global nature of it's message. The Quran gives an ideology which challenges all other ideologies. It teaches us a revolutionary way of life. Submission to the one and only who have created all. Protection from and rejection of all idols including our own nafs. Rejection of all isms. Rejection of all ologies. Only submission to the will of Allah and way of the Prophet SAWS. Focus on akhirah while promise of worldly leadership too, provided that the one's who study it apply it as well.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2019 04:08
From Mufti Taqi Uthmani's latest Quran translation:

IMG-20190510-WA0002.jpg
Downloads: 82
    [122.76 kB]
IMG-20190510-WA0001.jpg
Downloads: 116
    [138.11 kB]
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 30th May 2019 10:25
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 30th May 2019 18:15
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Obviously when no time in learning arabic is spent, then these excuses and mantiqs will be used......

دل کو بھلانے کے لیے تو ہین بھانے ہزار

No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2019 01:52
As-Saif wrote:
View original post

I am not saying that we should not learn Arabic. What I have said means that if we want to learn Arabic then learn all the essential uloom in order to properly understand the context and meanings of the verses of Quran. Otherwise, learning only the Arabic and not the rest of the uloom can be dangerous.

There is a saying in urdu "Aadha Sach poorey jhoot sey ziada khatarnaak hota hai"
"Half truth is more dangerous than a complete lie."

You have the right to differ. However, I am witnessing the results of learning only Arabic or trying to understand Quran through translation alone without tafsir and authentic ulema and as a result fitnas like Mohammad Shaikh (Munkar e Hadith of Karachi), Engineer Muhammad Ali Mirza (psychopath who disrespects ulema, akabireen and even Sahaba RA and believes himself to be more knowledgeable than even traditional ulema ) and organizations like ISIS (and other Khuwarij groups and individuals).

There is an incident in "Hayat Us Sahaba" where a Sahabi was recalling a hadith to Hazrat Umar RA in which it was said that in the end of times people will dispute among each other regarding the meanings of quran and they will interpret it the way they like without sanad (roughly paraphrasing of what he said).

This Deen is not orphan. It is well written, well understood by traditional deep ulema with usools well documented. No one has the right to tinker with it and modify it to suite his own nafs.

So learn Arabic but also enroll in Dars e Nizami, complete it and then sit with Mufassireen for years in order to understand the proper context and relationship of ayaat with current times in order to derive correct analogy for what to do and what not to do and how to understand what is being said and where to apply and how to apply the teachings and lessons learned from Al Quran al Kareem. If you can't do it all then trust the authentic well established ulema and follow their translation and tafsir and you are good to go.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2019 02:33
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

I understand your frustration but i feel you have mixed up two things. One is a tarbiyati issue and the other is level of skill attained in arabic.

Any level of skill attained in arabic helps one to understand at least at the level of skill attained.

The issue you point out is to do with tarbiya. Some people’s zarf is not that vast and after attaining minimal skill in something, they want to immediately start to contribute as an expert, in-fact in many instances it is not a contribution rather stroking their ego.

But anyways my point being, if the tarbiya is there, then learning minimal arabic skill starts to help in understanding quran and this is a stepping stone to go further.

So many i have seen that started from the word for word translation of the quran which helped them to appreciate and start learning nahw and sarf. Which then further helped them to start understanding balagha, which made the quran more clearer to them. Which made it obvious for them to study the uloom ul quran books, which made it more obvious for them that there are principles of tafseer and the other sciences that come along.

These guys were not darse nizami guys, just sincere students who wanted to go all nine yards.

So any level of skill in arabic language is excellent to attain ,so the doors of further progress can open. If this is not someone’s forte then that is all fair.

What engineer does or falana does, that is their own amal. Striving to learn arabic to understand quran at any level is appreciable.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2019 08:22
As-Saif wrote:
View original post

Which is more important?
Learning the classical Arabic without other Quranic uloom
or
Consulting the tafasir of ulema written for awaam in the language you understand.

As I said before, Don't wait till you learn Arabic and other uloom. Start consulting the ulema and their tafasir. After that if you want to learn then learn all the uloom along with Arabic and not just Arabic.

When I see too much tafsir bir rae from Tanzeem e Islami guys(even if they are sincere) and too much symbolism in interpretation of Quran and ahadith from Imran Hosein (student of late Dr.Israr Ahmed Rh) and weird concepts like Gog and Magog already out there. And careless attitude of Jamat e Islami guys in terms of self invented tafsir from imagination then I am tempted to say that either trust the ulema or just learn the complete package. Yes if you want to remain a student and not impose your aqal while having the knowledge of Arabic then I agree with you. Arabic will help understand the Quran more deeply but then again you will need the scholars and their tafasir to explain the context. Otherwise learning Arabic alone in isolation and leaving the context can be dangerous.

The thing is that do we have any other model other than Dars e Nizami in order to learn the classical interpretation of Quran? Don't we need Hadith, Fiqh, Seerah in order to understand certain aspects of the Quran? Can we learn Hadith, fiqh and seerah without dars e nizami? What is the curriculum to learn the uloom of quran and from where can we learn them? Do you prefer DIY approach in learning the classical uloom needed for Quran?

Please enlighten me about such a model which is an alternative to dars e nizami for learning the uloom of Quran.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2019 09:35
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

People who study classical arabic are able to read:
- classical and contemporary arabic tafsirs of ulema
- native language tafsirs of ulema
- have the opportunity and skill now to study works of fiqh, usool
- can understand hadeeth literature and choose to study usool alhadeeth with teachers

**They do all of the above obviously with some teachers till a good degree of independence is reached

People who don't study arabic for whatever reasons, read:
- native language translations and tafsirs of quran
- and that’s about it.....

You can now decide yourself. I encourage you to change your notion and take time out every week and start learning classical arabic with a teacher. In 3-4 years , or even sooner you will realize what a good decision you took.

On a side note if you want to get some idea and understanding about uloom ul quran then buy a book called Uloom ul quran by Mufti Taqi Usmani. Its available in English and urdu both. This will get you going. Find an arabic teacher and start by 1-2 classes a week , each class 1.5-2 hours.

Good luck with your quran studies and start learning classical arabic!
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2019 10:42
As-Saif wrote:
View original post

Yeah! It is my intention to learn classical arabic. However, I need to study a good translation and summary of Quran first. Unfortunately, I haven't studied translation of the whole quran yet. I am ashamed of myself. This is why I have opened this thread that we read all the useless stuff throughout our life. However, we forget the kalaam of our Creator upon which depends our whole well being in both of the worlds. We take Quran for granted :(.

Although! I avoid taking tafseer of NAK but I like his Arabic with Husna course which is affordable and easily accessible. Insha Allah! I will join the course soon.
No post ratings

Jump to page: