Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha, abu mohammed, sipraomer, Taalibah
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#91 [Permalink] Posted on 1st July 2019 07:18
The Muraqaba of Quran

It's a sad reality that people of madaris, khanqahs, tabligh etc have ritualized the amaal of this beautiful deen. For instance, the tablighis have limited the Halaqa of Taleem to Fadhail Amaal alone where as recitation and translation of Quran can also be done taleem of. The Sufis have limited muraqba to just sitting still, closing one's eyes and thinking and focusing on the name Allah. However, I believe that pondering on anything can be called muraqba.

It is not enough to just recite the Quran with or without understanding. In fact, we have to download it's message in our subconscious. Apart from Spiritual Salah, there is another method of doing that which I have recently discovered. After almost a week of stress over something it dawned upon me the previous night that why don't I do the muraqba of Quran i.e. Reflecting upon certain verses and passages of Quran directly related to me and my life. Closing one's eyes if we reflect on verses related to us we can deprogram ourselves from the wrong aqaid indoctrinated to us by the secular institutions and then reprogram the right aqaid.

For instance, if someone is having difficulty with his stubborn parents then he can do the muraqbah of this ayah

"say not to them [so much as], "uff,"

If someone is feeling unfortunate and feeling jealousy for those who have more wealth then he can do the muraqbah of

"Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny?"

If someone is feeling helpless then

"Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us)"

Also it can be done for chapters too. You can summarize chapters and events discussed in the Quran in single statements. For example the story of Sayyidina Adam AS and Shaitan can be summarized like this.

"It was Shaitan's ego which destroyed him. So better keep a check on your's".

Also, you can expand the scope of muraqba beyond Quran and ponder upon any thought of hikmah. For example

"I have recognized Allah by the failures of my plans"

"Just keep on doing your work and be content with qadr of Allah"

"This dunia is not paradise so don't expect from it"

"And this, too, shall pass away"

"A man who has practiced one move for 1000 times is more dangerous than a man who knows 1000 moves practiced only for once."

In fact, Quran and Sunnah have all the solutions to our problems at individual as well as collective level. In order to develop the right attitude towards different life situations we must reflect on the teachings of Quran and Sunnah instead of just reading and roting it.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#92 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2019 05:17
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#93 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2019 08:28
Screenshot_20191117-120822.png
Downloads: 63
    [356.84 kB]
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#94 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2019 22:16
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

No doubt! We have under- estimated Quran and forgotten its importance :(
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#95 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2019 22:56
We are not following the sunnah of the prophet pbh, and beside that: we follow our temptations

We also neglect the words of Allah. Not one but two problems!
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#96 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2019 04:47
Focus wrote:
View original post

Actions can only be reformed when thoughts are reformed first. There is even a bigger problem compared to the problem of not following sunnah and that is, bringing ritualism to sunnah amaal. The reason behind it is lack of correct reasoning for those amaal. Without correct ideology actions become rituals and humans become robots.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#97 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2019 19:35
I have categorized the stages of learning of Quran according to my current understanding in the following manner.

1. Tajweed
2. Translation
3. Word to Word Translation
4. Tafsir
5. Arabic Language
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#98 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd November 2019 07:16
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#99 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2019 06:28
If we follow sunnah without understanding the Quran first then our amaal will be merely rituals because Sunnah is the body and its soul is the Quran. Actions are performed to achieve a goal, a purpose. If actions are done without a purpose, they become robotic and meaningless. Their effect and impact is reduced. They are repetitive. Quran tells us the purpose, Sunnah tells us the practical action to meet that purpose.

If we understand Quran but leave the Sunnah then we just have ideas and words without action. We have the soul but no body. In order to get benefit from the teachings of Quran, we have to follow the Sunnah as well. So Quran and Sunnah both go hand in hand. Both are two sides of the same coin i.e. Islam. Both are necessary. Quran is the ideology and Sunnah its practical demonstration. Sunnah is the action while its essence is the Quran.

Today there are two extremes. Some people call to Sunnah without giving due importance to Quran and thus become the victims of ritualism. On the other hand, some call towards Quran while they neglect Sunnah, giving strange meanings to certain verses and passages of Quran, satisfying their evil nafs and introducing innovations in deen.

We have to choose the middle path. We have to choose Sirat e Mustaqeem.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#100 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2019 18:30
Modi is trying to make us submit in fear through his power the same way Pharaoh had enslaved Bani Israel but we will fight back and be victorious Insha Allah through Quran and Jihad the same way Sayyidina Musa AS defeated Pharaoh and his armies.

Through Quranic reasoning we will defeat all the batil ideologies and through Quranic inspiration and faith we will fight and defeat the batil armies. Insha Allah!
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#101 [Permalink] Posted on 26th November 2019 18:16
No post ratings

Jump to page: