Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

What does Islam say about Near Death Experiences?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2018 16:54
Truth_Seekr wrote:
View original post

we are muslims here. we follow the quran and the teachings of the prophet muhammad (s.a.w.).

the quran is the last and final testament revealed to the prophet muhammad (s.a.w.) by the one true god, Allah.

the prophet muhammad (s.a.w.) is the last and final true prophet of allah.

if you want to seek the truth then read the translation of the quran with guidance from a scholar of the quran. read about the life of the person to whom the quran was revealed, muhammad (s.a.w.) with guidance of a scholar. if you cannot even do that much then you are not a seeker of the truth.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd September 2018 20:09

Truth_Seekr wrote:
View original post

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I have spoken about this topic with a lot of Muslims and Non-Muslims. Let’s talk about your assumption.

You are coming from a humanistic perspective and thinking that the reality can be perceived through our senses and technology. Because all humans are the same (biologically), you believe that they all cross the barrier of death the same way. You also believe that just because someone gets close to the barrier (near death experience) they can somehow peek beyond the barrier. If we collect enough data on these peeks (beyond the barrier) we may be able to piece together what happens after death.

As a Muslim, we believe that we have a near death experience daily (when we sleep). As Muslims, we have exact and precise information as to what will happen when we die but NOBODY can actually experience it while living.

The barrier is unreachable. The two modes (life and death) and binary and at any given you can be in only state and you cannot go back and forth.

A “near death experience” means nothing and you are still living. You are having a sensory experience and everyone’s sensory experience is different. My dreams are entirely different from your dreams and you can collect the “near death experiences” of the whole world and will not end up with much. There are some universal underpinnings of the dream world but that’s about it.

Instead of piecing together complex, unlinked, sensory experiences of a myriad of people I suggest that you read what Islam says actually happens after death which is our belief (although we cannot experience it).

+6 -0Like x 4Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd September 2018 23:34
From what I’ve read of people claiming to have near to death experiences either through an accident, trauma or whatever the cause. It has brought a change in perspective to the persons outlook on life. So far it’s always been a positive change. Regardless of their beliefs or none beliefs in the hereafter they step into a level where they start questioning the life hereafter.

It is a fascinating topic.

No matter what religion they turn to or start searching for I believe it’s a stepping stone in the right direction and InshaAllah them eventually finding Islam.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2018 09:06
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2018 12:32
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

It is possible that some lucky fellow will pass through all these fantasies and reach the truth,but it is more likely that most will reach the same conclusion,like our friend truth seeker,that GOD does not care about any particular ‘faith’ and only wants us to love each other...

Actually giving a meaning to life puts some ‘restrictions’ on the believers and people don’t like restrictions imposed by GOD (they happily accept all the restrictions ‘the law’ impose on them though)...

When the concept of REWARD and PUNISHMENT after death is presented to them,they recoil in horror fearing their real or perceived sins.So more chances of such people going astray rather than accepting the truth.

I am afraid,the whole idea behind spreading such material with so much enthusiasm is,to print on minds that :”God does not care about any religion in particular,in fact does not care about religion at all,religion or no religion does not make any difference to him,he is happy as long as we ‘love’ each other...there is nothing to fear,live great life here and live even greater life after death”

This concept and attitude is the exact opposite of what Quran tells us,how then, can it lead to truth ?

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2018 12:47
Well we prefer to have a firm belief that Islam is the only religion to Guarantee Hell Fire - (See Link for Answer) So have that in mind & try experiencing a near death scenario :)

If a mind percieves all bliss and glory, then they will assume the same before moving along. Try a different view of the hereafter and maybe they will feel fear before going over

www.muftisays.com/forums/14-peoples-say/5189-only-islam-g...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2018 13:36
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

You mean “Islam is the only religion to guarantee AGAINST hellfire for believers or guarantee hellfir to those who don’t believe” ? OR the presence of hellfire and paradise as realities?

A little elaboration here will be helpful,just a word or two...
+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2018 15:01
ALIF wrote:
View original post

I've updated my post (with brackets). However, I meant what I said. Islam is the only Religion to say that - so it teaches us how to stay away from it :)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 7th September 2018 04:27
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2018 05:53
Hi,

I thank you all for your replies.
I was surprised that this thread got so many views.

Please do keep spreading the message about this subject, so that more can know about it and contrast it with the teachings of Islam.

I haven't been here for a while, as I've been busy.
I am not sure when I'll be back.

Have a nice day.
God Bless.

Sincerely,
- Truth_Seekr

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 14th February 2019 12:39
habeeba wrote:
View original post

Hi, Thank you for the link. I will make sure to check it up.

Have a nice day.
:)
- Truth_Seekr
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 4th September 2022 20:56
Loading tweet
No post ratings