Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Should masajid etc open their doors to people in need during difficult times?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Concerned, abu mohammed, Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2018 23:54
salaam

i am asking mainly in the context of the current uk weather situation and it's affect on the homeless, elderly, vulnerable, poor etc?

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2018 00:21
Walikum Salam

It would be interesting what is in the sunnah and what the fuqaha have said about such issues.

I have seen tweets showing masjids in the us and UK which do this when the need arises.

If these masjids have a separate area that is not part of the masjid and are using it for such purposes and have a team of people and funds set aside for such etc. then I don't see what objections can be raised. Rather this would seem to be a praiseworthy initiative.

What is mentioned in the sunnah and fiqh would determine if other masjids should also get involved.

Also what if there was a "natural disaster" like a hurricane or flooding etc and a large number of people have no shelter then what should the masjid do?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2018 00:32
Dealing with the homeless wouldn't always be easy, due to mental conditions, drugs, diseases, violence etc. May Allah save us.
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2018 11:01

xs11ax wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

Our Masajid don't open for needs of Muslims, what makes you think that they have the comprehension and understanding to react to other matters? :)

They are extremists in their behaviors. Deobandees are gone from not allowing women for Salah to open Days where barbie doll (Made up Sisters) are sitting at the front door and interacting with visitors and giving them tours and have charity events at Masajid and serving refreshments etc. You must have witnessed what happens on Open Days, Sunnah goes out the window in many Deobandi Masajid.

I know of hardcore Deobandi Masajid which don't allow women for Salah but have Syria collection events right in the parking lots or just outside with Sister freemixing with men etc, seen it with my own eyes.

You can see picture of Niqabi Alimahs in Madarsa but pictures with their MPs on the Internet.

So from one extreme to another in no time.

So I tell you what...If what you are saying becomes a trend then yes Deobandees will react and this will be the next thing.

+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2018 11:41
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

it's a shame really. we have the infrastructure in place. masajids with separate areas and out buildings. cooking and toilet facilities. money in the bank. volunteers. fund raisers. people with organisational skills.

in the past churches used to provide help. now, most churches are just for show. muslims need to take on the responsibilities. just imagine if every masjid did this. we wouldnt need to defend ourselves from the muslim haters. the non muslims would do it for us. all we need to do is follow the sunnah as a community and help those in need.
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2018 11:42
Concerned wrote:
View original post

its true. but its our responsibilty.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2018 12:14
The problem we have are many, we have:
People who do things for show.
People who don't give charity.
People who only want to give Zakat.
People don't want to give much in Lillah because it's not Fard.
People who only do things if it benefits them in the world, her and now.
People who are traditionalists who have not even understood the true tradition.
People who don't want change.
People who only help their own cast.
People who are racist within our Masaajids.
People who turn a blind eye.
People who are of the attitude of me, myself and I.

Majority of the Masajids today are filled with these people and unfortunately, these are also the ones running the mosques.

We can't get our Masaajids to follow Islam according to their respected schools of thought, we can't unite on correct timings, we can't unite on one Eid - so asking them to help others for a better world won't happen unless all of the above are made happy.

Quote:
Believers! Do not nullify your acts of charity by stressing your benevolence and causing hurt as does he who spends his wealth only to be seen by men and does not believe in Allah and the Last Day. The example of his spending is that of a rock with a thin coating of earth upon it: when a heavy rain smites it, the earth is washed away, leaving the rock bare; such people derive no gain from their acts of charity. Allah does not set the deniers of the Truth on the right way. (2:262 - 264)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd March 2018 18:51
Quote:
so asking them to help others for a better world won't happen unless all of the above are made happy.

in bayan after bayan we hear the virtues of helping others and that the muslim umnah is one body etc, but then when it comes to practice we even look for excuses not to give certain people zakat due to biases or prejudices.
+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2018 02:32
Real Men

A youtube commenter on this video:

this video has truly changed my mind of what i used to think about muslim people , you really have a big heart , and wish more people could do the same . god bless you all but in your case may Allah bless you all . thank you for helping them :) 
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2018 09:31
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

MashaAllah, excellent.

I remember recently visiting a small town in England called Nuneaton. They also do something similar where they open up the doors of one of their community halls and feed the poor and homeless.

Alhumdulillah, there are many areas around the country that do provide free food and drinks. It's a start and who knows this could lead to more doors opening up for shelter too.

Everything is feesabillilah and seeing what they are doing as part of their community is overwhelming Alhumdulillah.

Next step InshaAllah is to open the doors of the mosques. But if the committee is reluctant to open the Masjid's, then open the community centers.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 17:30
I know a Muslim lad with mental health problems. His mental state was deteriorating and he started self medicating with alcohol. One evening he got into a bad state he didn’t know where he was he didn’t know where to go he was crying. He stumbled into the church they looked after him, made him feel at home, gave him food. They never judged him and accepted him and helped him through talking and offering him help. He stopped drinking but he continued to attend the church because of the way the people accepted and helped him.

He prays to Allah but he prays in a church. Drugs, alcohol, mental health they all also exist in Muslim communities too. Why does it have to be a case of it’s not Muslim or it’s the drugs, gender, mental health or religious issue. Humans are humans. We are all the creation of Allah.

Yes mosques should open the doors and help everyone in the community. It’s not our personal property the mosques are the house of Allah. Would Allah turn anyone away?
+4 -0Agree x 2Winner x 4
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2018 10:04

Taalibah wrote:
View original post

I got called into the Masjid late on a cold night a few years ago. A woman had just walked in and she was stressed out because she had broken up with her boyfriend.

She just wanted a place of God.

Masjid didn’t know what to do so they had given her a volume set of Maariful-Qur’aan (Yes! to a Non-Muslim).

I spoke to her, called home, fed her some food and then took her Tafseer away. Talked some more about her and her boyfriend etc, gave her Dawah and she left happily.

Gave her a single English Translation of Qur'aan etc...I have heard that she might have been back since but I have not spoken to her.

Since then, I have made sure that our Masjid has Dawah material 24/7 at hand.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2018 11:53
Mentality of many in certain places : if a black person comes to the masjid for the first time, he is looking for an Indian wife or money.
( May be true in some cases, but can't assume that about everyone)
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2018 13:40

Concerned wrote:
View original post

I don't know what hole on Earth you live in but I don't know anyone who believes that at all.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2018 13:51
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

It is the mindset of many people in our Masjids - Exactly as i pointed out on the first page. Not the thoughts of brother concerned
+0 -0Agree x 1