Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:53

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I have read and re-read the Sisters post and I am lost.

Is she objecting to this? Does this she think this is a belief?

...while thinking your wife to love you...

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:57
bint e aisha wrote:
No need to ask a scholar. If someone believes that chillies/lemons/na'lain or other such stuff will protect them, then it is clearly Shirk.

Yes, but if they believe that the cure is from Allah and these are the means, just like painkillers, then no it is not shirk.

The fundamental thing is to believe that cure is only from Allah. the hindu's BELIEVE that the protection os coming from other than Allah, big difference.

So, if you ask a scholar nad he says, "Yes" then let's look into it and if he says "no" then lets leave it.

Let's look at Honey for example: Sometimes it won't work because it is our faith that can produce the outcome
qurananswers.me/2014/01/04/the-hadith-abdomen-has-told-a-... Here, honey works, but the body rejected it until there was faith. Faith in What? Faith in Allah!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 14:03
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

OK here are two definitions from oxford:

1)Relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.

2) Relating to religion or religious belief.

You said:
Quote:
The next post (below) talks about a cure just by reading a book - that is spiritual but can anyone explain it logically?

The cure being spiritual can come under both definitions given above. It comes under definition 2 as well, so there is need to explain it logically, rather we just need a basis or reason for doing it.

Peppers do not come under definition 2, so if using pepper s is a spiritual cure, then it has to come under definition 1. Therefore we cannot equate it with cures that comw under defintion 2. We also have to bear mind that the effects of the evil eye are also physical or mental.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 14:04
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

This also has to be looked at in the context of the hadith prohibiting certain amulets.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 14:07
السلام عليكم

Let us take an example of salt bath..

Quite an effective treatment (not the Gold standard though) for plantar faciitis or even arthritis..

The same Salt bath is also used by Reiki practitioners to clean aura of a person..

Now an Amil (happens to be a close relative) had prescribed me something similar to recite some Ayats and blow over the sea salt.. then dissolve same in a bucket of water and bath.

I had not clearly known about the position of Reiki until i saw this today..

Askimam link

Question

I have question on Reiki. What is your opinion on learning and practicing Reiki.

Answer

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh

The question has been addressed previously. Please find the answer attached.

And Allah knows best

Wassalam

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa

QUESTION # 14441:

IS REIKI ALLOWED IN ISLAM? THERE IS NOTHING CULT IN REIKI. IT DEALS WITH ENERGOC FIELDS WHICH ARE AROUND HUMAN BODY.

Q: It was over 1,250 years ago that Muslim scholar, jurisprudent, scientist and teacher, Ja'far al-Sadiq said,
"There are some lights which, if thrown from a sick person to a healthy person, can possibly make that healthy person sick" (The Minister p.5).

However, it has only been recently that modern science has had the ability to understand how this can happen. Considered a "new" field in modern medicine, vibrational healing aims to heal illnesses by working with these subtle human energy fields that affect us beyond the physical level (Sharanananda, p.2).

In fact, the vibrational energies of the body are so strong that scientists have theorized that disease within the physical body actually occurs at the cellular and bimolecular levels. In this scenario, healing extends from the bimolecular level to the cellular and finally, to the anatomical. This is because the bimolecular properties of the physical body are based on vibration. The vibration of the life-force, which we receive through our five senses, possess electromagnetic properties. Mitogenic energy (mitosis) is generated in the form of electromagnetic energy, which creates the energy of light (ethereal fluid) that surrounds each cell (Gurudas, p.56).

ANSWER: Reiki has nothing to do with religion. It is a training exercise for one’c conduct.

However, since it deals with certain spiritual aspects, one should not regard it as sufficient for purification of one’s innerself (Islaah and Tazkiya) which is one of the fundamental aspects of Islam.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

END

Similar training exercises were adopted in the past from yogis by certain silsilas like the Shattariya etc..

So back to the sea salt.. when it does not contradict Shariah.. it can be used to relieve Pain and cure Evil eye..

And to know if it contradicts Shariah or not.. questions should be sent to people who Know the subject.. Not to the likes of Mufti Tariq Masood sahab whose knowledge is Zero on the subject..

duas..

wa Assalam..
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 14:14

Concerned wrote:
View original post

We also have to bear mind that the effects of the evil eye are also physical or mental.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 14:14
In have no objection to the above by Dr. 76. Similarly I have no objection to this:

"Jinns are affected by smoke. Could that possibly be why it needs burning?
It will give an odour too, maybe that will help ward off evil spirits! "

But don't assume , either say it is so or say you don't know, simple.

I acknowledged Muaadh also said something about the scent affecting the jinn or those affected by the evil eye.

I already stated that I can see how this applies to mufti ARM explanation, with the condition that there is no need for the dua to be recited in the pepper, as the pepper in this case has an effect on its own. If it become necessary to read a dua for the pepper to work, then this is problematic because it involves "Islam". We do not necessitate people read duas on aspirin.

I already explained how I did not see how these explanations can apply to the scenario in the opening post. Deoband would have to clarify certain things regarding that wazifa.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 14:14
@Muadh Khan

Bhai can we continue the discussion tomorrow, please? I don't want to fail my exam.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 14:14

Concerned wrote:
View original post

Yes.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 14:33
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

May Allah give you success in your exams.

If someone believes there is protection in lemons and coconuts , that is shirk. People here are saying that the scent from the lemon or properties of the coconut affects the jinn, so it would not be shirk.

I can show you deobandi fatwas that allow babies to wear black bracelets for protection. I have no idea why this would be allowed. The only thing that comes to mind is the color black affecting the jinn, proved by experience?

For now, I would rather follow the deobandi fatwas that say it is not allowed and shirk to make children wear black bracelets for protection.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 14:39

Concerned wrote:
View original post

I can show you fatwas that allow babies to wear would black bracelets for protection. I have no idea why this would be allowed. The only thing that comes to mind is the color black affecting the jinn, proved by experience?

Because:

1. Tying threads is a Hindu practise as you can see in Mandirs
  2. The associated belief with it "Black Thread protects" is contrary to the teachings of Islam and Shirk
  3. The associated practise with it is to go to Mazars and do Mannat etc.
  4. There is NO reason for this. Its a stupid, silly, useless practise!

^^^^^^ Aqeedah

Contrast it to this:

www.darulifta-deoband.com/home/en/Dua-Supplications/4906

[QUOTE] After the Isha Salah, take 11 grains of black pepper and recite یا لطیف یا ودود 1100 times with durood 11 times before and after while thinking your wife to love you. Having it done, blow on the black peppers and put them in burning fire and pray to Allah. Do this at least for forty days.[/QUOTE]

1. There is no associated belief
  2. There is reason and it is a treatment to an ailment
  3. There are no strings attached
  4. There is no contradiction to Sunnah

^^^^^^ Action

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 14:46
Quote:
Tying threads is a Hindu practise as you can see in Mandirs
The associated belief with it "Black Thread protects" is contrary to the teachings of Islam and Shirk
There is NO reason for this.

Brother I would love to agree with you, but this contradicts everything you posted on this thread, PLUS go on Islamqa.org and find the deobandi fatwas that ALLOW this!

The other issue I forgot to mention regarding hanging coconuts and lemons is that while those who came up with such a protection and prescribe such a protection may do so due to the properties of the lemons having a real effect on jinns and the evil eye, many of the people hanging coconuts and lemons for protection do not understand what they are doing, And hence may believe that the protection is from the coconut, and hence it would become a haram amulet and shirk.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 14:50
Let's use your reasoning:

Quote:
Tying threads is a Hindu practise as you can see in Mandirs [/quote]

You already made it clear that who practices it doesnt matter

Quote:
The associated belief with it "Black Thread protects" is contrary to the teachings of Islam and Shirk

Why do you assume it is a belief. I can claim the color black wards off jinn from my experience.
[quote]
There is NO reason for this
Yes there is I just gave the reason. Maybe experience shows jinns don't like black beads, maybe they don't like black string, maybe the beads interact with the jinns and the body.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 15:05

Concerned wrote:
View original post

I listed things in order and consecutively, you broke it apart stated it out of sequence and out of context to satisfy your Nafs and desires.

Black thread makes no difference to Jinns or any other beings of that nature. IF it did then YES provided that the accompanied beliefs were not associated (i.e. Shirk etc) it will be an acceptable as a form of treatment.

Jinns are not generally affected by colours or objects. I am discussing the matter in general and they are affected by smells and not colours.

Specifically and particularly they are most affected by verses of the Qur’aan and you can test it in the Mandir or Gurdwara on non-Muslim patients and see the impact of Qur’aan fairly easily.  

Both of these can be easily tested.

I am speaking to you from my scientific background as something which can be repeated and demonstrated.  

As far as the treatment given by Darul-uloom Deoband, I cannot say if it is effective or repeatable or demonstrable but I am arguing that none of these are prerequisites for something being permissible. On the contrary, strong smelly salts and playing Qur’aan on headphones gets a reaction and can be tested by any layman but I am not claiming them to be effective or super methods...

So I am saying that I have no idea if the treatment from Darul-uloom Deoband is effective or repeatable or scientific or logical but I am arguing that none of these are factors to be taken into consideration for their permissibility

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 15:20
Concerned wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

Just to add a small note.. coconuts and lemons are used by Muslim (real & dodgy) Amils & Hindu Amils (who may use them for good or bad depending on their practice)..

Certain things have natural affinity to absorb or repel.. like magnets..

Similarly these Lemons or Coconuts are used by Amils or even sahirs for their work..

Some Amils use it to absorb the negative energies and dispose it after certain time.. while Sahirs use it to cast spells etc..

Like it is mentioned in fadhail Amaal.. keeping Turanj ( a kind of fruit) at home repels jinnat..
now if someone keeps the Aqeedah that Turanj will protect him from jinnat then u know the answer..

This Amliyat itself is a deep (& dark) science and requires a Mufti who has indepth knowledge on the subject..

I have met a khalifa of Hazrat Mufti Ahmed Khanpuri sahab (db) who has written a book on the subject .. he was a well known Amil and a scholar.. and has clarified many things Alhamdulillah..

duas..

wa Assalam..
+1 -0

Jump to page: