Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k
Rank Image
London
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 12:32
Concerned wrote:
Abu Muhammad can you please define spiritual when used in the context of spiritual cure for the evil eye.

When I questioned the burning of the red chillis and how this could possibly be permitted - Muadh's explanation was crystal clear. If you didn't understand what he is saying, then I'm affraid I can't really help you.

However, if you take 7 green peppers add then sprinkle a handfull of sweet corn and a dozen olives over your pizza, it might taste better :)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 12:44
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Quote:
The T-R-E-A-T-M-E-N-T described in this thread is not an act of worship i.e:

Nobody has claimed that it is from Sunnah
Nobody has claimed that it carries certain rewards[/quote]
Ok but the treatments which I have mentioned are also not acts of worship. And nobody has claimed that it is from Sunnah or it carried certain rewards. You are yet to answer my questions.

[quote]The confusion you have is you that you are claiming that it may have Hindu origins, so what? Ayurveda has Hindu origins so which Scholar in Islam has declared the entire practise of Ayurveda to be Haram?

We will look at each and every individual treatment in Ayurveda and determine if it is Haram or Halal and Ulama will issue a judgment?
Chinese Acupuncture is originated in Buddhist China, which Scholar has declared it to be Haram? We will look at each and every Chinese Acupuncture treatment and check to see if it is Halal or Haram.

Two further points:

I don’t know if this practise comes from Hinduism or not, I have no idea. I am making a point that even Ayurveda and Chinese Acupuncture treatments “may be Halal”
Then the brother keeps talking about the effectiveness of treatment. That has NOTHING to do with something being permissible! A “Halal” Ayurveda treatment may not help a patient but so what? Does it make it Haram? No!

Ayurvedic treatments, acupuncture etc are all physical treatments and have nothing to do with superstitious beliefs. Comparing them with burning chillies to ward off evil eye is not fair. Please read through this link:
www.hindujagruti.org/hinduism/remove-evil-eye
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 12:50

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

www.darulifta-deoband.com/home/en/Dua-Supplications/4906

Quote:
After the Isha Salah, take 11 grains of black pepper and recite یا لطیف یا ودود 1100 times with durood 11 times before and after while thinking your wife to love you. Having it done, blow on the black peppers and put them in burning fire and pray to Allah. Do this at least for forty days.

1. Where is the superstitious belief? There is no mention of any belief!
  2. Not far from what and based on what? What is your evidence from Qur'aan and Sunnah?

You need evidence to declare something Haram or Halal.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:04
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

What's the point of using black pepper and burning it? Reciting يا لطيف يا ودود and praying to Allah is sufficient, No?

You haven't answered my questions. If this method is permissible then the other ones used by Hindus should also be allowed.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:10
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Jinns are affected by smoke. Could that possibly be why it needs burning?
It will give an odour too, maybe that will help ward off evil spirits!

We can't see the unseen, but its there. How to deal with it doesn't mean it has to be mentioned in religious books.

As long as we aren't taking another name or associating it with Allah (The Quran and Sunnah), then most likely, the effects can prove positive.

It's a matter of trial and error.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:15
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Ok that makes sense but does evil eye involve jinns?

Other such treatments which involve chillies, lemons, coconuts etc are permissible?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:17
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

What is the Evil Eye?

How does it affect someone?

If you can answer these questions, then you may be able to answer the rest of your questions.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:18

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

From my first post.

www.muftisays.com/forums/14-peoples-say/11875-wazifa-from...

This is from the non-physical realm so how can you provide an example from the physical realm to explain it any and all examples will fall short. The Jinn and Shaytaanic world is not exclusive to Islam and Muslims. It affects others and some of the methods to deal with these matters are common. For example, make a patient who is affected by Jinn smell pungent strong odour and they will react, you can test this on Muslim, Hindu, Christian and 100% of the time verify this reaction. Hindus/Sikhs regularly recommend incense, Christians recommend burning oil, Muslims recommend “Oud or Bakhoor” and Hollywood recommends “Garlic”. The point I am making is that there must be a link in the demonic world between demons and string smells so just because you google and find links on various (Non-Muslim) sites doesn’t mean jack-diddly-squat!

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:26
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I don't know how it works. But does it involve jinns?

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Hmm I'm SOMEWHAT convinced that this method is not totally unislamic or impermissible. But what about other methods? Are you going to address post#54?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:29
Here's another example of Trial and Error.

Metallothionein (MT) : A material which is produced by humans and animals brains in small quantities. This material is a protein that contains Sulfur which can easily bind with zinc, iron and phosphorus. This substance is considered very vital to the human body in the sense of reducing cholesterol, performing metabolism, strengthening the heart, and controlling breath.

MT production increases gradually between the ages of 15 to 35 years. Then, the production level decrease till it stops at the age of sixty. That is why it was not easy to obtain MT from humans. Also, small amount of MT was found in animals.

Therefore, scientists kept searching for MT in plants. A team of Japanese scientists searched for this magical substance that works as a removal of the symptoms of aging. The team found subject substance only in two types of plants; fig and olive.

After MT was deduced from figs and olives, scientists found that the use of MT from fig or olive alone did not give the expected benefit for the human health. The benefits were only seen when MT that is extracted from fig was mixed with MT that is extracted from olive. After noticing that, the Japanese team tried to find the best mix ratio between fig and olive that provides the best influence.

The best mix ratio was found to be 1 fig to 7 olives!

see the rest of the findings of The Fig and Olives

What can we see here? TRIAL AND ERROR and as ALLAH said, there is a cure but you have to find it :)

Where we find it and how we found it is the question. Fortunately, they have searched well and found something to work well for them.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:32
bint e aisha wrote:
Is it permissible to hang chillies/lemons outside your house?

1. It is not an ACT of WORSHIP
2. It is only a TREATMENT
3. It does not contradict Quran and sunnah

Ask a scholar, if they say yes, then let's look into it and if they say no, then that's the end of that :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:33

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

I am not an Amil and I am not an Alim and I am not trying to convince you of anything.

Hours which I have spent explaining to people is simply this:

1. Human body is physical so treatments from Muslim/Hindu/Christian methods will have an impact on human body.
  2. Jinn/Black Magic world is demonic so treatments from Muslim/Hindu/Christian methods may have similar results. I have given a simple test to anyone, make a patient smell pungent odour and watch the reaction.

Because these aspects are common in (our world), don’t be surprised if you see overlap of treatments.
Having said that, scholars needs to be consulted on these treatments.  DO NOT consult Non-Muslims on these issues as elements of their treatment may contain elements of shirk.

I am trying to explain commonality, I am not saying that this treatment is effective or every Hindu treatment is permissible.

It’s a TREATMENT, that’s all.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:42
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

No need to ask a scholar. If someone believes that chillies/lemons/na'lain or other such stuff will protect them, then it is clearly Shirk.

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

In your earlier posts, you said this is not the answer to your questions.. So I was waiting for you to address my questions. Anyways end the discussion here.

Tomorrow is an exam. Need your duas.

Wassalam
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:47

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Let's try this again.

1. IF a Muslims believes that Aspirin will protect them, it is Shirk
  2. The issue of chillies/lemons/na'lain protecting someone should be dead clear.

www.darulifta-deoband.com/home/en/Dua-Supplications/4906

Quote:
After the Isha Salah, take 11 grains of black pepper and recite یا لطیف یا ودود 1100 times with durood 11 times before and after while thinking your wife to love you. Having it done, blow on the black peppers and put them in burning fire and pray to Allah. Do this at least for forty days.

1. Where is the superstitious belief? There is no mention of any belief!
  2. Where is the Shirk belief?

I will answer whatever you want but I am struggling to see where are you getting your ideas from?

Where are beliefs in this example which we are discussing? Make us see your point, please?

I am lost and I have no idea what your question are but in summary, treatment from Hindus/Budhdhists/Christians are not Haram...It depends

I am honestly lost! After so much details what are your questions?

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 13:47
Quote:
I don't know how it works. But does it involve jinns?

In basic terms: When someone envy's another person, in their presence or absence and does not say for example, "MashaAllah" then Shaitan takes this opportunity and attacks the other person (shaitan as we all know is from the Jinn, and they can also be from mankind)

It is this effect of the Shaitan that causes these sicknesses etc etc. To remove tihs, many ways are adopted, some mentioned in Islamic text's others picked up from trial and error.

As long as the means used do not contradict the teachings of Islam or attributed to Islam, then most likely, they may work.

As I said and as Muadh said, there is more than just meets the eye (excuse the pun)
No post ratings

Jump to page: