Topic Appreciation
Yasin, abu mohammed
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2017 06:59

AssalaamWW

Grateful for any help anyone can give.

I'm trying to find out the details of Muslim graveyards around UK and specifically what their burial policy is on who can be buried there i.e if they only allow Muslims to be buried of one ethnic background such say Pakistani only (or sub-Pakistani only such as Multan only) or Indian/Gujarati only (or sub-Indian only such as Baruchi only, Tamil only, Surti only etc) or Bangali only (or sub-Bangali only such as Sylheti only, Chittagong only) etc or have an open policy of accepting the burial of any Muslim regardless of ethnicity such as 'Gardens of Peace' Muslim graveyard in Hainult.

Please list any you know of like this:-

NAME: London Muslim Graveyard

ADDRESS/LOCATION: Fleet Street EC4

POLICY: Open for all Muslim burials regardless of ethnicity.

Also any stories of difficulties anyone has had in burial of their loved ones (especially reverts/converts) when the only or closet Muslim graveyard to them had fixed/one ethnicity only policy which was outside their ethnicity. I.e did they ask the graveyard to try accommodate their loved one, what response they received, any support they had when dealing with the funeral arrangements, where they eventualy managed to have the burial etc

IF you're unable to post a comment/reply on this thread/website for any reason (dont want create an account or post as an anonymous guest) you can email me (my email is at the bottom of this website www.hackneyjamah.com )

p.s I guess its somewhat understandable to have a criteria that ensures conformity on the type of grave etc that can be dug/made such as the rules applied by Gardens of Peace or a possibly also a criteria that limits to a certain locality's boundary only – that is not being asked here.

Jzk

Musa 

Hackney

POLICY: This graveyard has 4 sections. (1) for general/ regardless of faith or non-faith, (2) Gurarati Muslims from Buruch only, (3) Bangladeshi Muslims only - used significantly be the Bangladeshi community of Newham and i think Tower Hamlets (4) Mixed/all Muslims. Sections 4 is residents only and membership far as i know is now closed. Not quite sure of criterias for 2 and 3 - If/when anyone finds out please can you update here .

POLICY: Mixed/all Muslims - for Walthamstow / Waltham Forest residents only.

POLICY: This graveyard has 2 sections. (1) for general/ regardless of faith or non-faith though a significant number of the Turkish / Turkish-Cypriot Muslim community uses it (2) Mixed/all Muslims - residents only and membership for No.2 far as i know is now closed.

POLICY: A section is mixed/all Muslims. Membership criteria (i.e. residents only) TBC

POLICY: A section is mixed/all Muslims. Membership criteria (i.e. residents only) TBC

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2017 16:18
Rank Image
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2017 16:28
Please do not post private email address' (or mobile numbers)
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2017 17:07
Moderator wrote:
View original post

i didnt post my number or email.
Rank Image
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2017 18:13
Daywalk3r wrote:
IF you're unable to post a comment/reply on this thread/website for any reason (dont want create an account or post as an anonymous guest) you can email me........(removed)
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2017 18:42
AAWW,

Jzk . Ill update the OG post with the few responses ive had so far...
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2017 18:44

Moderator wrote:
View original post

ah ok. Amended the text :-)

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2017 20:01
Daywalk3r wrote:
View original post

First I have heard of cemeteries based on ethnicity...What we do have in Birmingham (Amongst Pakistanis) is Death committees based on village background back home, so essentially everyone from your village or district contributes a fix amount every year and it goes into a kitty and if anyone dies in your household then the committee will cover the funeral costs...!

Anyways the main cemetery used in Birmingham by Muslims is in Handsworth which is council run with a section for all muslims....Although it is expected to run out of space in the next few years .

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1...

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2017 20:20
Went to a funeral in Telford sometime back it is again council run cemetery with a Muslim section. The Muslim Community there is fairly small but there were about three or four graves of Muslims buried back in the 1960's and strangely those early graves were facing the wrong direction...ALLAH knows best how they ended up there. The Bulk of the community started settling there from 1970's onwards most of them relocating from Birmingham.

www.telford.gov.uk/directory_record/3741/wellington

I forgot to ask are you specifically researching for private Cemeteries ?.. I presume most of the cemeteries in UK will be local council run with a muslim section and open to everyone

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2017 22:16
also graveyard near me is one of the only few i know that have no issue burying without coffing. 99% of funerals i been there no coffins were used. also price wise compared to others its very cheap.
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 4th November 2017 12:47
Look into Romford Road cemetery. I was told of many issues in the past but never really confirmed with anyone first hand experience in the issues.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 4th November 2017 14:38

Updated OG post

Rank Image
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 4th November 2017 14:42

Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Jzk bhai. I assume that B'ham one is residents only? Is formal Membership required or can any local Muslim B'ham resident be buried there?

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 4th November 2017 14:58
Daywalk3r wrote:
View original post

No formal membership required as far as I know anyone from Birmingham can be buried there...! you can reserve plots but not sure if that is for Birmingham residents only or open to outsiders.

Reading the above posts the situation in London might be unique and different too other parts of the country since London is divided into different Boroughs.