Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Mufti Taqi Usmani's fatwa on photography

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2017 09:40
Quote:
You are either with us or you are with The Majlis

Assalaamu ‘alaykum warahmatullaah
Brother Abu Mohammad, I thought I’d let you know it was me who "disliked" your post. As I see it a brother asked for info and our respected Brother Samah responded, a couple more exchanges and the topic would’ve ended there. Your comment (especially as an Authorizer) was very disturbing and I feel strongly enough to put my view across (even though I'm not a major contributor any more, for me MS is still one of the top sites to search for authentic info) and this is just that, my own view. No one has to agree with it.

Disclaimer: I feel constrained enough to add a disclaimer that I am not a “Fangirl” and I have no special connection with The Majlis except that of an ordinary Muslim respecting Scholars of high calibre and their work of Deen (Of which I take what I feel is beneficial for me).

The whole world is against us (The Muslim ummah),
Battered and humiliated, we stand alone.
Nowhere to go, no-one to turn to.
Yet instead of standing united, it is “Them” & “Us” within ourselves!

Who are “The Majlis”?
They are “Us” brother. They are not out of the fold of Islam and they are not a deviant group even though many have fallen under the sharp sword of their criticism. Nevertheless they are still part of the whole body where if one part is hurting the whole body should feel pain!

You are asking members to make a choice between MS and Majlis because MS came under the sharp sword of The Majlis criticism so does that make The Majlis “Them”? Do they deserve such hatred when even the most sinful do not deserve that?

If so then something has gone very wrong here!
Innaa lillaahi wainnaa ilayhi raaji’oon!
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2017 10:08
Waalaykum Salaam sister. No need to own up to it. For me you are one of my mentors. I am able to post on the forum only because of your help in the beginning and your guidance as an authorizer when you were once. I've always said it and will say it again, any reward I get from Allah for my work on the forum, you will always have a share in it.

Please note, when discussions take place and discomfort is felt, the forums go wild and feelings are hurt. When feelings are hurt, members either start to dislike each other, stop posting or leave their responsibility and duties. So before we even get there, we try to stop it.

The Majlis "is" one of "us", but unfortunately The Majlis labels "us" as "them"!

As posted today, a lovely reminder from brother Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Quote:

(6) And a man came to Salman (may Allah be Pleased with him), saying: “O Aba Abdillah! Advise me!”
So, he said: “Do not speak.”
The man replied: “It’s impossible for one who lives amongst the people not to speak.”
He said: “Then if you speak, say what is correct, or be quiet.”
The man said: “Tell me more.”
Salman said: “Do not become angry.”
The man said: “You tell me not to become angry, and I am sometimes overcome and unable to control myself.”
He said: “Then if you become angry, at least control your tongue and hands.”
The man said: “Tell me more.”
Salman said: “Do not mix with the people.”
The man said: “One who lives with the people must mix with them!”
He said: “Then if you mix with them, speak the truth and fulfill your promises.” [‘Kitab as-Samt wa Adab al-Lisan’ (p. 558)]

All I have done is attemted to stop a thread from spiralling out of control before it starts to go downhill, attempted to stop the OP from going further to avoid a debate and an argument, I have atempted to avoid members from getting angry and controling their tongues (via keyboard).

The OP has now realised the possibilities and has also acknowledged my point.

We are here to keep us as "us" and not to cause divisions, that is being done by those who want to make us, "them".

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2017 10:17
Jazaakallaahu khayraa for the kind words, Allah ta'ala accept from all of us, aameen

Jazaakallaah also for the explanation (and the excellent reminder)...to that I wish only to add even if others label us as "Them" we don't have to join them, we can still have big enough hearts to regard "them" as "us".

Allah ta'ala accept from us all (all my brothers and sisters on MS and elsewhere) our efforts in Ramadhaan and grant us His forgiveness and acceptance through His sheer grace and mercy, aameen
+1 -0Like x 1Ameen x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2017 10:23
"ummi taalib wrote:
I wish only to add even if others label us as "Them" we don't have to join them, we can still have big enough hearts to regard "them" as "us".

That is precisely what I said.

"abu mohammed wrote:
The Majlis "is" one of "us", but unfortunately The Majlis labels "us" as "them"!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2017 13:58
"It is clear that the image of the television and video does not permanently exist on any medium during any of its stages except in the case of film."

whats mr taqis proof for such a stupid claim?
+0 -2Dislike x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2017 14:50
Do authorisers not have the option to delete posts?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2017 18:05
There's a thread called, "how can I do that". Check it out, I think there was something there about deleting posts.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2017 13:25
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

I'll wait for Maulana Yasin.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2017 13:34
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2017 13:40
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

PM sent to Maulana Yasin.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2017 13:52

ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

Honourable and respected Khala,

But you are a FANGIRL in the sense that you are unable or unwilling to consider all reasonable discussions and meticulous points. If a “Mufti” gives a Fatwa for prostration to a human being tomorrow, the expected behaviour from you is ether of the two:

1. You will either chase down those who try to refute this opinion
  2. OR you will keep quiet (which is the maximum extent) of your displeasure

I am not claiming that Majlis has given a Fatwa of this kind (so people just refrain) from putting words in my mouth…I have gave an example.

There is a very well-known and established Indian Mufti who has been involved in sodomy for decades, been caught and expelled from Darul-uloom and now been charged with Murder.

I am sure that your reaction in the case of Hazrat Mufti Saheb (whose articles you have been posting for years) would be to put down and abuse those who highlight the matter. Never mind the fact that the entire village has come forward to testify to his sodomy (with minor Maktab children).

Senior British Ulam are well aware of this issue and have confirmed that this “Mufti Saheb” was a sodomiser for years. Just because they don’t wish to publicly discuss the matter will give people like you the space to DENY IT or TWIST it, simply because you have been posting his Fatwa for years.

Majlis has a track record of ruining lives, damaging Eemaan and destroying relationships, you also have a track record going back years.

There is nothing anyone can do to convince you expect Allah Ta’ala on the day of judgement when you will be called to account for your behaviour but while you are alive in this Dunya you are advised to protect your Aakhira and at least remain Silent on matters about which you perhaps lack in-depth and detailed knowledge.

You are also clever, intelligent and smart enough to know that IF photographs are HARAM then taking photos (for VISA) and visiting family in London or Surat would be unacceptable. If taking photos (for VISA) for family visits in London is (Islamically) acceptable THEN using youtube to defend Islam is also a valid need. You are way clever not to read and understand this simple point, nevertheless you will not come to terms with the idea and you will argue OR leave OR feign lack of knowledge.

Ramadhan Mubarak and Eid Mubarak to you and your family and request for your Duas.

Everyone (including you) can his dislike because it’s easier then absorbing straightforward information, responding and thinking. You can simply sanction and label people as “heretics and misguided” and be done with it.

+2 -2Dislike x 2Disagree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2017 14:12
When HAQQ is propagated on a tool used for BATIL, then in the short term you may see benefit but in the long term you will see the BATIL overpower the HAQQ
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2017 14:24

tasbeeh wrote:
View original post

When a person is blind sighted they perceive themselves to be Haqq and everybody else to be on Baatil on even minor issue. Classical studies and research of all cults show that cult members exhibit this behaviour.

The Deen of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) is beyond this “small mentality” and accounts for difference of opinion and differences between Ulama.

Just because a Scholar believes that chicken which remains alive (after stunning) and then Islamicaly slaughtered neither makes the Scholar “a Halalizer Shaytaan” nor makes those who eat it consumers or carrion BECAUSE the animal is not dead!

When an Alim declares a chocolate Biscuit permissible because an E number (although synthetic) ingredient is permissible, neither the Scholar nor the consumer of that biscuit becomes a heretic or brother of Shaytaan! It isn’t even a difference of opinion in this case.

There have been plenty of examples in Islam (and outside of Islam) of such absurdity.

This is not even the way of our Akabir. Even on valid (and strong) differences of opinions didn’t behave like bigots LET ALONE on issue which are not even difference of opinions…

+1 -1Dislike x 1Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2017 14:25
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Honourable and respected Khala...hmm more the "dumb aunt" if I start posting on MS in reply!

: )

Ramadhaan Mubarak and 'Eid Mubarak to you and your family too and I request your du'a
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2017 14:33

ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

Absolutely not Khala! Never considered you dumb or stupid or anything of that sort. I think you are very clever and able to manipulate issue very well as you have just demonstrated.

As I said, I know that you are Masha’Allah very clever to know that IF photographs can be used for VISA for visiting Nani Ma in Surat then youtube can be used for defending Islam.  You know that but you won’t admit it, and you won’t discuss it and you will smartly go on and talk about something else or throw a tantrum or all of the above.

+1 -1Dislike x 1Disagree x 1