You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 10:59
Only Rasoolallah SAW was the person who took care of every angle of Islamic life. In todays's world we have no option but to indulge in division of labour and take care of only a single and small agle of broad life. One important angle is of Dawah - introducing and offering Islam to non-Muslims. This task is most difficult in one geographical region today than any other - India. Dr Zakir Naik delivered the Fard-e-Kafaya in this case and absolved us all of this responsibility. In fact it was little bit more than that. After Prophetic times Dawah was never so difficult as it has been in India of today. From that point of view Dr Zakir Naik's achievement has been monumental. In the process he has took significant risk and has sustained biggest damage to himself and his family for he has become effectively a persona non grata in his own country. I record my appreciation for his courage from the deepest corners of my heart. In his sector of operation for me he is a Mujaddid in his own right.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 3Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 11:20
Maripat wrote:
View original post

He has become Persona Non Grata in many countries, and done tremendous work ALLAH reward him for it.

I think his deviating from the Methodology of his teacher and mentor Shaykh Ahmed Deedat رحمة الله عليه has been a mistake. Shaykh Ahmed Deedat رحمة الله عليه never delved into sectarian issues simply stuck to comparative religion and Dawah.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 11:44
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post
I too agree with your assessment ya akhi. But he has learned his lessons and he does not focus on Fiqh issues any more.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 11:48
Maripat wrote:
View original post

I take it you don't watch Peace TV or have not seen it :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 12:02

Maripat wrote:
View original post

Saudi Government is cancer upon this Earth and have a known history of providing refuge to those who divide this Ummah. Dr Zakir Naik has repeatedly and consistently gone out of his way to divide the Muslims and create controversy.

When your intention is to damage the Deen of Allah Ta’ala, you will be dealt with.

You can go hide amongst the kings and live a comfortable life and be showered with the luxuries of this wold, but one day you will be called to answer for your deeds.

I am not a fanatical Ghair-Muqallid hater and I am not a Taqleed-Shaksi promoter but people like Dr Zakir Naik whose entire existence is synonymous with sowing seeds of division and hatred should be extradited to India where he should face charges.

Unfortunately, the Ulama and Muslims leaders of India are inept and Saudi-boot-lickers themselves to wake up and take corrective action.

All Saudi Arabia has to do is to call some of these Ulama to the Kingdom give them an award and throw some pennies their way and they will be singing praises of the Kingdom like a canary.

The damage which Saudi Arabia has caused to the Muslims since 1926 is astronomical. Just yesterday, our Ulama were distributing old photographs of (Maulana) Husain Ahmed Madani (RA) praising Saudi King and visiting him. Back then, we didn’t know about the true intent of Saudi Arabia and we didn’t know that it was a dagger in the chest of Islam but to promote these pictures in 2017 shows the real foresight and political maturity of these Deobandi boot-lickers! They praise Saudi Arabia and Scholars of same Saudi Arabia keep on passing Fatwa upon Fatwa upon them.

The Ghair-Muqallid vs Hanafi divide in India is financed in Saudi Arabia, ratcheted up by graduates of Saudi universities and sold to the masses by Peace TV.

+1 -0Disagree x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 12:16
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Your guess is not far from truth. I mostly depend on You Tube and very extensive searches. Please give links, without embedding, of new videos where he acts in the same way as he did earlier. My current impression remains that he has realized that Fiqh is not a popular cup of tean.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 12:17
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

We got to separate Saudia from Zakir Naik and we also got to separate the positive actions by Dr Zakir Naik from his failings.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 12:27
Maripat wrote:
View original post

True I think to say that Dr Zakir Naik is deliberately following some nefarious agenda to divide the muslims is a tad harsh.

He has clearly been impressed like many others by Saudi Educated Scholars and the Dawaat Ul Salaafiyah... Who base their Dawah round the following “kullu bid'atin dalala wa kullu dalalatin fin-naar “
"Every innovation is a misguidance and every misguidance leads to the hellfire".

Many sincere people involved in Dawah, seemed to get influenced by this and think they have an equal duty
to protect people from innovations and hell fire... Whilst at the same time doing the work of Dawah.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 12:28

Maripat wrote:
View original post

Do you also separate the positive actions of Yogi Adityanath because I am sure that he has also done a lot of positive in addition to spewing hate and poison?

Lets praise him for his positive work as well, why not?

Dr Zakir Naik has done nothing but promote hate and division amongst Indian Muslims. His “Dawah” was a side-show to his utter poison on Taqleed and Peace TV still does it.

If Dr Zakir Naik stepped back from his poisonous rhetoric it wasn’t because of any sense of positivity and good will for Indian Muslims but it was because of continuous refutations and drop in ratings.

Make in mistake, Dr Zakir Naik was a scorpion for Indian Muslims.

I have no problems with Ghair-Muqallids but I have serious problems with opportunistic scorpions! Indian Muslims have been attacked, battered and bruised and Dr Zakir Naik (instead of fostering unity and cohesion) peddled hate and poured gasoline on the existing communal fires.  

+0 -0Disagree x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 13:52
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

"When your intention is to damage the Deen of Allah Ta’ala, you will be dealt with."

Maybe his intention was to defend what he believes to be Haqq.

"But people like Dr Zakir Naik whose entire existence is synonymous with sowing seeds of division and hatred should be extradited to India where he should face charges."

Why would you be calling for him to face trumped up and unjust charges? What happens when one of our Scholars is then similarly faced with Trumped Up Charges.? After all there seems to be a move to silence and criminalise all those who are involved in Dawah.

+0 -0Agree x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 14:13

View original post

Not “Dawah” but hatred, poison and division. Anyone calling for that should be singled out, shunned and boycotted.

There is a difference between calling for Haqq and using every opportunity and resource at your disposal to sow seeds of communalism and sectarianism.

Dr Zakir Naik and his Peace TV DID NOT call for cohesion, mutual respect on any occasion at all.

Indian Muslims are struggling, under assault, disorganised and chaotic. Under the circumstances, their (weak and unprofessional) institutes and Fiqh positions should not be further assaulted by Muslims.

Dr Zakir Naik (crew) are pathetic to the extent that I have personally interacted with them and debated with them. During our discussions, a Muslim girl was gang raped in Mumbai and I personally (1to1) asked the brother to suspend this hatred and defend the honour of this girl.

I have first-hand on the ground knowledge about Dr Zakir Naik and IRF and these guys are poison filled scorpions who have stung Indian Muslims at every opportunity.

There should be no compassion for them until and unless they make Tubah and genuinely do a course correction.

All those who know me for decades know that I am not sectarian and I couldn’t care less if someone does Rafa Yadain or prays 8 Rakaat Taraweeh but one thing I have never stood for is bullying and (further damaging) the cause of those who cannot defend themselves.

Dr Zakir Naik deserves no sympathy just because he seems to have become a victim of his own propaganda.

He should be brought back to India and tried under Indian laws.

All those Muslims who call themselves Indians should stand by their constitution and let legal matters take their course.

Coward spewed hatred for years and then fled with his family to live in comfort while ordinary Indians affected by his propaganda who cannot defend themselves are being hounded by Police.

Contrast the work of Dr Zakir Naik with Dr Israr Ahmed (RA), both Ghair-Muqallids.

+0 -0Disagree x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 16:53
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

"All those who know me for decades know that I am not sectarian"

With all due respect your above posts sound overly emotional and come across as sectarian.

Dr Zakir Naik as Bro Maripat pointed out has done good work in the field of Dawah especially amongst the English speaking professionals in the Muslim World is a good expert on comparative religion, and eloquently refuted western and missionary Propaganda...Many people have by the grace of ALLAH embraced Islam through his work, and many lapsed Muslims have been inspired to start practising the Deen through his work.

So give him credit for what he has done that is of benefit.... and Criticise and refute him were necessary in the mistakes and methodology he has adopted.

So to wish ill on him, or to see him prosecuted on trumped up charges I fail to see the logic of that. Indeed there is a campaign by Christian Missionaries from Malaysia to Lebanon to see him locked up. Because he is effective against their Missionary work.

May ALLAH protect him from the enemies of Islam, and give him hidayah and guide him and his institute away from methods that sow discord amongst the Muslims and help him towards the path of unity. Ameen.

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 18:04
Bismillah
I disagree about handing over Dr.Zakir Naik to the enemies of Muslims who are very thirsty of Muslims blood. He might be wrong but saying to hand him over to the enemies does not sound good at all from a Muslim's mouth. This much of hatred towards him is not good. If he is wrong in his propaganda, he should be confronted by Muslim ulema or knowledgeable people and make him understand. I really felt bad when the enemies turned against him. It is my humble opinion to stand by him even though we do not agree with his views. Allahu alam
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2017 09:50

View original post

With all due respect, you don't know me from Adam and your subjective analysis is way off the mark.

Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

Handing him to the enemy???

Dr Zakir Naik has repeatedly stated that he is a proud Indian and India is the best country in the world. What I am saying that he should face the legal charges in India and defend himself as per the legal framework.

There are many who supported him (at IRF) who have no choice but to stay in India and face the proceedings while Dr Zakir Naik has cowardly fled the scene and is living a life of luxury and splendour.

This is cowardice.

If you have set up an institute then you should stay to defend the people who stood by you.

Dictators flee and leave their people behind.

Sayyidina Rasul-ullah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) DID NOT feel, DID NOT flinch, when the Sahaba (RA) tied a single stone Sayyidina Rasul-ullah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) tied TWO STONES!

Singing praises of India when it suits you and then fleeing the country is cowardice.

During the independence movement, do you know how many of our Ulama were given opportunities to feel British India and reside in the Ottoman Empire? Did they flee and leave the Indian Muslims to face the Music back home?

Indian Muslims are even more stupid then I thought if they think feeling India is some kind of bravery.

If your beloved Indian constitution sends you to prison then so be it.

By the way, I do know on the ground facts about Dr Zakir Naik and IRF which makes me say things which I am saying.

Dr Zakir Naik is no Messiah for anyone, he is someone who fuelled communal and sectarian fires in India and no different to any BJP or RSS goon who does the same…Different religion, same tactics.

Indian Muslims are fighting a war to protect their honour, dignity and their religion and here is a guy who stoked differences, divisions and used all resources at his disposal and THEN FLED India instead of standing his ground and facing the consequences. 

+0 -0Disagree x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2017 10:01
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Yogi Adiyanath is not a fair comparison for Zakir Naik.

And whatever be the reasons for Dr Naik backing out of Fiqh matters we can accept it in good faith.

Dr Naik might have been a scorpion but is he still a scorpion? My guess would be in the negative.

We do have problems with GMs and Salafis but these must be managed - unless we can uproot this comparatively new division of Islam. Clearly that decision has to be taken by the Ulama and not by us. If the Ulama take a stand that Salafis, GMs, Ahlul Hadith will be taken head on then I am with them. Till then my proposal is that we take the GMs, Ahlul Hadith and Salafis and Wahhabis together in solving the problems of the Ummah.

I find that our Ulama have been more at fault than the GM crowd. We did not deal with the Shia people when it could have been crushed once and for all. Then we allowed Barelwiyat to florish and could not stem it. And now the GM crowd is well entrenched.

In view of this it is not fruitful to vent our anger at Dr Zakir Naik because he has done an extremely important duty of Kifaya nature.

In my view his positive contribution is more than his damage. He has been busy in Dawah and that is a full time and mightily difficult job and it is difficult for a normal person to do damaging work on the side. Hence my positive inclination towards him.

But I do not stick blindly to my personal opinion. Long back I have come to realize the futility of holding on fast to own opinions. If brothers and sisters at MS do feel that I must revise my opinion then I shall do it at the earliest stage.

But I am very uneasy with the knee-jerk reaction from our clergy towards Dr Naik and towards Dr Israr Ahmed. Every Alim, every Mufti I converse with simply blurts out that our Ulama have written books in refutation of Dr Israr Ahmed and dr Zakir Naik. You know about this angle because you have written extensively about it.

This must change. Both Dr Naik nad Dr Ahmed covered those angles of Deen that our own Ulama have lately ignored completely and miserably. We as deobandis are running the risk of losing our locus standi on every single wordly issue that Ummah faces. Our Ulama either take these issues themselves or allow us laymen to take up these issues. Former option is better. That is complete Islam.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 5

Jump to page: