You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 10:51
The spirituality present in his personality and speeches is not of the same order as that of our Elders but he has no parallel when it boils down to identification of the current worldly problems faced by Islam and Muslims. He looked modern world and modernity in the eyes, straight. He had the courage and intellect and ability to talk of real problems and worry about solving these. He did not hide his head in sand, Khanqah, Madarsa or a university. He lead a full life and spent every moment of it breaking his head on most crucial problems and he put his finger accurately on the the real malaise inflicting Muslim Ummah today. He was a rare person on this account because even Deonad of today has for more than sixty years abandoned this crucial angle and the Jama-at-e-Islami and movements like that took obvious lead over our own Ulama and leaders. In my view he was the Mujaddid after Syed Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi RA. Rahmatullah Alaihi.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+6 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2017 17:44
Bismillah
Won't the lag we find in Deoband ulema will be heavy on Muslims as many look forward to them for guidance in these critical times? I feel their guidance in accordance to situation is very crucial for the ummah, at least for the India Muslims. Allahu alam
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2017 10:52
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

That is what keeps me worrying and it worries lots of us. I do not know how to arouse our Ulama in this matter.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 16th November 2018 06:43
Lessons and Teachings of Late Dr Israr Ahmed

By now I have been exploring the issues having a bearing upon political status of Muslims the world over for about a decade. It all began with the cozy environment of the Sunni Forum and basking in the glory of having like minded people, the Deoband crowd, talking and trying to imbibe Islam and trying to figure out how to cope with the modern world.

I have been talking and talking about the same and by now even the most sturdy of the fellow travelers might ask as to what is my conclusion, if there are enough people from those good old days still finding time and energy to do the same.

Well I am sorry for taking that long but you will understand that it was all happening in front of your eyes and it was not easy for me. And I also have recorded my conclusions already several time. Let me repeat those conclusions.

The sum total for me is that I would like to take the academic route, actually I am already on the path and have been on the same for most or all the time, towards the present day problems of the Ummah.

There will be people who would think that this approach is not of much use or it is of no consequence. I most respectfully do not agree.

Then there will be people who would feel that I have not done much. Again I would humbly bag to differ.

Then there will be people who would say that I have made no difference to the situation at the ground. This to a large extent is true but again not completely so. May I cite the example of when an atheist site picked up one of my deconstructions on Sunni Forum and frankly had no response to it apart from pasting a knee jerk-level-photograph with their reproduction. By the Grace of Allah SWT at least for ones I had them stupefied all.

But the fact remains that I write within Muslim community. Of course on the Facebook I have chosen a mixture of friends and hence the environment there is more general than Muftisays. yet there also I have not included the obnoxious Saffron people in my list of friends. Plus I write in English - that is an exclusive kind of language as far as Muslim Ummah is concerned. But then in my defense I can say a few things. Language wise I have targeted the audience that makes the difference - the English speaking one. Then I have employed by best abilities in support of the Religion of Rasoollah SAW and done so in the language that matters.

Of course politics is neither my strong point nor my way of life. hence the things were difficult for me. Indeed social action is again not my forte. Science, my field, is a very different ball game and as a professional I operate in a discipline that is definite and accurate and precise but logical, most well defines and full of definite conclusions with no uncertainly related to human behaviour involved in a significant way. Honestly speaking you could find hardly worse examples for pondering over political issues than the science student like me. Yet here I am toiling day in and day out in love of our Prophet SAW. Again I say this out of my duty to report Allah SWT's blessings and not out of boasting, arrogance or pride.

Having said that - what is the relation of this to late Dr Israr Ahmed? Well my feeling is that works of late Dr israr Ahmed are more directly in line with the modern day problems of Muslim Ummah that the recent works of our own Ulama. I say this with regrets only and not for baiting the Deoband haters. I have got, or assigned myself, a task and I am doing it.

So the idea was and is to use or to take into account and benefit from the works of late Dr Israr Ahmed to address the modern worldly problems of the Muslim Ummah.

If I had the things clear in my mind as I began then I certainly would have began by summarizing his teachings in a brief manner and build upon that. In life you learn as you go on and hence I never got time to review and over view his work in a systematic manner and then proceed further.

But I do suggest this route to anyone who is pursuing the same goal of doing something for the Ummah and doing it in an academic manner.

And thanks for being around and for writing those replies to my posts once in a while. You will not know how useful every word, syllable or a like has been important and extremely necessary for me - to tell you the truth that was the only motivating factor in this very lonely pursuit.

And then I can not thank the forum, Muftisays, and the people behind it enough. Whether the world acknowledges it or not this forum will get the people behind it as well as us users huge amount of credit in the hereafter.

Of course my prayers are that we get to see its effect for the good in this world also. I would like to see some small report somewhere where someone from the west says that thank you MS for telling us how Muslims feel about us.

But then there is still all that work to be done.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 13:30
Maripat wrote:
View original post

One of the greatest Ulama I have had the pleasure of listening to in my lifetime, bar none. Truly a blessing of Allah Ta'ala to have witnessed him and his speeches are preserved on YouTube for people to listen to, this day.

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 13:45
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 09:18
Dr Israr Ahmed on Shaikh Ibn-ul-Arabi

Dr Israr Ahmed has done so much of home work for us that we must really be thankful to him.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 09:53
Maripat wrote:
View original post

SubhanAllah! His views and analysis are always accurate and balanced.
+1 -0Like x 1