Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Comprehensive Pakistan Thread

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k, bint e aisha, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, sipraomer, tanveerzakee, sharjan8643
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#871 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2019 00:29
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Assalam u Alaikum,

Hazrat, you once posted that you become happy and hopeful when you see the face of Mufti Adnan Kakakhail Sahab. Can you please tell me which thing you admire in him the most?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#872 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2019 05:17
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

I really do not know.

May be he is one 'Aalim who is better aware of the worldly affairs than most of the other Ulama. I can name a few. Maulana Salman Hussaini Nadwi talks a lot about worldly affairs but I think he is not that aware of the things as is needed in todays world. Same is true for Maulana Tariq Jameel Sahab. Even Mufti Tariq Masood Sahab does not have that grip. Maualna Mehmood Madani has a good grip but not effective at all when it comes to the ground work. I can see that Pir Zulfiqar Sahab as well as Maulana Sajjad Nomani Sahab too do not have a very good grip of political affairs.

Mufti Adnan Kakakhail is not a politician but a Maulawi only but in his case I never got the feeling that someone cut-off from real life is talking.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#873 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2019 08:28
Maripat wrote:
View original post

He belongs to a family deeply entrenched in religious scholarship, tasawwuf and politics

His grandfather (or the brother of his grandfather) was amongst “Aseeran e Malta” along with Shaikh ul hind ra. Understanding of political and social issues runs in his genes. He himself is khalifa of Mufti Mukhtiaruudin shah DB.

Yes, he is good. MashaAllah
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#874 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2019 12:49
Maripat wrote:
View original post

He also has an MA in political science.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#875 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2019 12:51
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Maulana Uzair Gul RA.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#876 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2019 13:27
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Yes, that is the name !

He was the brother of Adnan’s grandfather.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#877 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2019 14:18
(1) Thanks you guys for the additional information about Mufti Adnan Kakakhail Sahab.

(2) I focus on worldly affairs of Ummah and whether I like it or not the fact remains that Duniya has certain amount of darkness associated with it.

(3) It becomes bearable only when someone like Mufti Sahab talks about it.

(4) Yet we got to do that because Madani life of Rasoolallah SAW is about worldly affairs only.

(5) Ulama like Tariq Jameel Sahab, Pir Zulfiqar Sahab and others are helpful in this, I mean my focus on worldly affairs, because they compensate for the lack of Noor in worldly affairs.

(6) People like Maulana Salman Hussaini Nadwi and Sajjad Nomani Sahab are even more useful because they touch upon the task of Dawah to non-Muslims.

(7) People like Mehmood Madani Sahab too are helpful because he too focuses on worldly affairs. Unfortunately the ground situation in India is so tense today that people like him are not effective anymore.

(8) People like Dr Zakir Naik and late Dr Israr Ahmed are still one step ahead because of their sheer thrust on furthering the interests of Islam and their efforts in protecting the Deen.

(9) We do not see that amount of Noor in them because of their ideology. That is the department in which Mufti Adnan Kakakhail wins.

(10) Mufti Adnan Kakakhail took on Pervez Musharraf when latter was the President (CEO or whatever)of Pakistan. Till today I feel good about it.

(11) Maulana Mehmood Madani too took on Pervez Musharraf around the same time when latter one visited India in the context of Agra submit. Till today I feel bad about it. (Think about it - Maulana was trying to please the polytheists at the expense of a Muslim.)

(12) Late Maulana Asrar-ul-Haq Qasmi did grass root politics and was in Indian Parliament. same for Maulana Badruddin Ajmal. My respect to both of them.

(13) Yet Asaduddin Owaisi single handedly gives more confidence to Indian Muslims. Politics is a different ball game.

(14) My respect to Mufti Taqi Usmani Sahab for his great theological work and my respect to him for his proposal about education for future generations of Muslims. Also my respect to him for being part of that letter that 148 Muslim Scholars wrote to the Pope nearly a decade ago.

(15) I do wish Mufti Rafi Usmani Sahab had gone one step further in 2007 to save Maulana Abdur Rashid Ghazi Sahab and the boys of Lal Masjid Madarsa and the girls of Jamia Hafsa.

(16) I hope these points just about summarize my attitude on this issue of our Ulama and our worldly affairs.

(17) Now I shall list the posts for MS that I had in my mind today.

(18) I wanted to record my reaction to the recent Supreme Court of India ruling on Babri Masjid title suit.

(19) I wanted to record my reaction to the formation of government in the India state of Maharashtra.

(20) I wanted to do a post on the situation of the Sikh community and Punjab.

(21) I wanted to do a post on the current summary of what I have been able to extract from Edward Said's book Orientalism.

(22) I wanted to do a post on AG Noorani's article in the Frontline on Bosnia genocide verdict by a Dutch court.

(23) I wanted to do a post on reassessment of the people involved in the Indian independence movement based on HM Seervai's book on partition.

(24) I wanted to do a post on Professor Ariful Islam, late Engineer Ahmed Salim Peerzada and Professor Syed Ali Amir and their efforts about political empowerment of Indian Muslims.

Sadly all this is hardly possible in a single evening.
+3 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#878 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2019 17:57
Quote:
Yet we got to do that because Madani life of Rasoolallah SAW is about worldly affairs only.

I think I do understand what you are saying here, and I agree with that, with the only difference that a prophet does not focus ‘only’ on worldly affairs...

In our Din there is nothing which is entirely a worldly affair, may that be the creation of a state, decisions regarding war and peace, giving new laws, making political and business deals etc etc

With slight change of intention Din becomes dunya and dunya becomes Din. We take pride in the fact that Islam does not teach duality between Din and Dunya, that the best amongst us were ‘Rahib’ at night and ‘conquerors’ during the day, that the “Amir of the faithfuls“ was also supposed to be the one who leads them in prayers, that even absolutely material decisions were made while keeping the fear of Allah in mind and the responsibility of akhira in front of their eyes...

How then can any affair be ‘only worldly’ in such situations ?

God forbid, I am not picking on your words. I know what you mean, and you are right about that, BUT the concept is so important that it should not hurt to keep reminding each other about it.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#879 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2019 05:34
Babri Masjid Title Suit Verdict

The Hindus, it is difficult to isolate the Saffronite in this case, destroyed the Babri Masjid on December 6, 1992. Twenty seven years onward the Honourable Supreme Court of India decided the title suit in favour of the temple for the Hindu deity Ram.

To be honest the Court did term the destruction of the Mosque a bad thing and there is acceptance to non-historical nature of the deity.

The way the removal/dilution of Article 370 was followed by a still continuing of seize and shut down of Kashmir in this case too extra-ordinary measures were in place so that Muslims do not react to the verdict. These measures were successful beyond limit because there was hardly any reaction in contradiction to the verdict even from Marxists, secular, liberals and democrats, let alone Muslims.

Indeed AMU removed one of its poster boys from the director's position of center, CEPECAMI, for making a marginal statement on the issue.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#880 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2019 06:21
AG Noorani on Genocide of Bosnian Muslims by Serbs

Rule of Law and Army

One of the most cutting edge and powerful commentators on Muslim issues today is the lawyer AG Noorani.

In above linked article he probes the role of the army in civil strife. The army in question is the Dutch army and the location is the 1995 genocide of Bosnian Muslims by the Serbs.

His assertion is that army has to take an active stance in a situation even if has the possibility of detaching itself from action on the pretext of lack of mandate.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#881 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2019 12:52
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#882 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2019 13:57
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

This guy reminds me of Brother Muhammad Bilal Khan Shaheed رحمة الله عليه of Islamabad.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#883 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2019 17:36
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#884 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2019 17:40
  1. Indigenous Drone system
  2. AESA Radar

For a competent and highly technical nation, Pakistanees do complain a lot! :P

Tusee Great ho Ji :lol

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#885 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2019 09:54

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Someone told me that his father is a Tabeleeghi which means that it is Waajib upon him to defend the "Deobandees", next few videos will be about Vicky from Wikileaks and he will find a connection and delight all the "Deobandees" with ground breaking research and "phacts"

Please don't hold yourself back and hit "dislike", its easier then engaging in a discussion and answering issues.

No post ratings

Jump to page: