Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Comprehensive Pakistan Thread

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, abuzayd2k, bint e aisha, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, sipraomer, mSiddiqui
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#466 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2019 00:18
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Dear Mr.Khan!

Imran Khan is a honest and good man.

I believe in optimism and promote it frequently. However, over optimism can bring more harm than good.

When the lotas and "electibles" were joining PTI, it was Orya's analysis that this will harm Imran Khan and his party's ideological goal. My views were the same. If I remember correctly, this was back in 2014. I was active on fb protesting against PTI's vulgar dharnas back then. It was better for IK to lose elections while having clear and pure PTI members with clear ideology and no popularity than to have had popular scumbags and the humiliation he is currently facing.

Secondly, people in bureaucracy are loyal to PLMN and PPP and the real government is their's. They will never co operate with Khan. It is better for Khan to be a Cricket analyst than to be a politician.

Thirdly, I would like a Martial Law rather than democracy. Every government is against Islam and has stupid foreign policy. So it is better that at least economy remains fluid and functional.

Fourthly, if IK was a playboy then so what. The previous PMs were also not angels. Currently, his character is not being talked about but his performance as a PM. His speeches can't fill bellies of the poor. And I am not delusional that if any person other than IK will come then things will get better. Democracy is impossible in this country. This country needs dictatorship. Genuine dictatorship. Even if it is secular. The politicians are also not loyal to Islam anyway. So what difference will it make if dictators in uniform come?
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#467 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2019 05:45
So far, nobody on this forum have discussed the ‘character’ of Imran khan. If he has changed, he has changed. Period !

As a prime minister, neither his performance nor his direction for future is up-to the mark. He is simply not capable of being a good chief executive. That is a totally different issue. His honesty,dedication, perseverance etc are all praiseworthy qualities, and we must appreciate him for that, but what good is it for the country when he can not perform on the ground ?

The ground realities are that :

- His team failed to manage the economy

- Inflation has gone into double digits

-The prices of the essential commodities have gone sky high, the electricity bills have been raised many times in the last one year, the petrol prices have increased, and overall the people are much more miserable than before.

- On the plus side, there is absolutely ‘nothing’ to show.He failed even to give a direction to the economy. He borrowed from IMF,china, UAE, Qatar and Saudi, still no change visible in the economy. Granted that he is paying ‘interest’ on the money already borrowed by previous governments, but who will pay interest on the money he borrowed (plus the one’s previously borrowed by others) when the next instalment comes ? For that, the growth rate has to improve, which is declining as a reality. In a nutshell he has put a lot more burden on the economy than all the previous governments...

On the political front, the parliament has come to a standstill. He is unable to pass even a single bill, infact there can not even be a meaningful discussion in the parliament. For all practical purposes, the parliament has become dysfunctional....

Doctors, traders are on the roads.He is good at destroying the ‘old’ structures but he does not know how to build new structures and systems.

Even the ‘accountability’ is selective. Even a kid on the roads of Peshawar knows about the corruption in the so called BRT started by the PTI government but the NAB refuses to take notice.

About his personal attentiveness towards ‘governance’ , when there is sharp and massive rise in dollar against rupee, he simply says : ‘I learned about it on TV’, when he is asked about restrictions on media by PEMRA , he innocently declares : ‘ I did not give any such instructions’.....

Where does he live ?
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#468 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2019 08:02
Mufti Tariq Masood Sahab

Mufti Tariq Masood Sahab is going gaga over Kaleem Siddiqui Sahab. Someone should convey the word to him that he, Mufti Tariq Sahab, should go easy. Kaleem Siddiqui Sahab is a Dayee and that is all. The rest of the glitter is mostly that - glitter. In today's world what you see is not what the reality is.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#469 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2019 10:13

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

ALIF wrote:
View original post

Imran Khan is disciplined and focused, that's all.

I have always said in an ideal world a perfect leader would exist but due to our actions we are where we are.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#470 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2019 09:32
Tezgam Express Fire

The death toll from a fire in three bogies of a Tezgam train near Liaquatpur city jumped to 73 around 1pm, while many remain under critical condition, Rahim Yar Khan district government said on Thursday.

About 40 people, including women and children, were injured, Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmin Rashid told AFP earlier.

The dead and injured are being shifted to DHQ Hospital in Liaquatpur. Some of the injured have also been shifted to Bahawal Victoria Hospital in Bahawalpur due to their critical condition.

The train was bound from Karachi to Rawalpindi. The fire was caused by a cylinder blast that occurred in the morning when some passengers were preparing their breakfast, Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid said, adding that they belonged to a tableeghi jamaat and were headed towards Raiwand.

Many people saved their lives by jumping off the train, the minister said.

More at Dawn news

Now the question is what has Tableeghi jama'at learned in tableegh? Why did they carry gas cylinders with them when they knew it was against the law? Ajeeb! Because of their negligence 73 people have lost their lives! انا لله وانا اليه راجعون
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#471 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2019 09:41
Some are saying it was short circuit caused it
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#472 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2019 11:09

Rajab wrote:
View original post

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

1. Train incident occurs, Prime Minister does not have all the facts so orders investigation and inquiry
  2. While Emergency Services are responding Sheikh Rasheed already knows that it is caused by Gas Cylinders which were carried by Tableeghi Jamaat, nobody else but Tableeghi Jamaat
  3. Railway authorities already know that Tableeghi Jamaat smuggled cylinders under their shirts! Yes, Tableeghi Jamaat smuggled this under their shirt!
  4. Media is saying that Tableeghi Jamaat was "boiling eggs" when it happened!

Tableeghi Jamaat bashing starts. Why can't Raiwind teach these people? Why were they breaking the law? Don't they know its dangerous to carry cylinders on train

See eye witness testimony from the accident

twitter.com/Muadh_Khan/status/1189860464823590912

Tableeghi Jamaat eye witness Statement

❶  Cylinders were empty & checked.

❷ Fire erupted in Sleeper compartment which had no cylinders

❸ Fire caused by short circuit in a Fan, emergency systems were not working to contain the fire or stop the Train

Tableeghi Jamaat blamed for incompetence of #Railway in #TrainAccident

#Tezgam #RahimYarKhan

twitter.com/Muadh_Khan/status/1189860464823590912

P.S: A Nation of 200+ million people with their brains missing! Wait for the full and thorough investigation to find out who did what...Fire caused by Tableeghi Jamaat boiling eggs :lol

+1 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#473 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2019 11:27
As usual some sick souls from my country are celebrating.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#474 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2019 11:44
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Maybe I was too quick to criticize tableeghis but still we know that they do carry gas cylinders in trains when it is not allowed even in ijtemas to bring their own cylinders. Allah knows best as to what actually happened. In either case I am waiting for Shaikh Rasheed's resignation as that is what Imran Khan used to demand when he was in opposition.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#475 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2019 12:08

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

We don't have Gas in our city in America so we use cylinders for cooking for Dawats etc. There is no law against transporting empty cylinders on any public transport whatsoever and it is not dangerous, it is just a hunk of metal. I am also licensed to operate a Boat which may have cylinders on board and there are safety regulations around it.

Most American cities have no Gas and use cylinders and many Americas use boats, RVs which have cylinders.

Tableeghi Jamaat carry (empty) cylinders all the time on public transport and even used to do that in America (Pedal Jamaats) and I have been in Pedal Jamaat with cylinders.

1. It is possible that these cylinders were empty and checked (as told) and in that case no law was broken and they could not have caused fire.
  2. It is possible that gas cylinders were not empty and indeed caused fire.

In a sane and civilized society, this is what should happen:

• Remorse at the incident, rescue and first response
  • Start of an independent and through inquiry
  • Resignations and/or changes in the law based on the inquiry

This is exactly and precisely what Y-O-U-R professional Prime Minister did but since he is Yahoodi-Qadiyani-Kaafir-whatever it went over the heads of 200+ million Pakistanees

twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1189797774021320705

Post Investigation:

1. Report should be made public and its findings discussed in a mature manner by professionals
  2. If Gas Cylinder caused the fire then regulations should be changed and Tableeghi Jamaat should be contacted to teach their members basic safety and security. It is not Rocket science. This should be used as an opportunity to change design OR educate masses. There are thousands of people in Pakistan who drive CNG cars, same thing can happen!
  3. Whatever caused the fire, it is clear that emergency systems and stops on the Train were not working so they should be addressed. If it was incompetence then responsible people should be fired from their jobs
  4. Railway Minister should step down on moral grounds! If the ministry was found to be criminally liable then Minister should be forced to resign/sacked!

Lets blame XYZ and get it over with instead of calmly looking at the issue and investigating.

Loading tweet

+0 -0Agree x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#476 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2019 15:35
Of course, the negligence of Pakistan Railways will be conveniently explained away because some Tablighis were present on the train.

The hidayat from the elders have always been to carry empty cylinders when traveling. Even if some saathis were negligent in this matter, it is their personal negligence, the entire TJ and its elders cannot be blamed. One of the most important lessons I have learned in jamaat is that there is always great benefit in listening to the TJ elders attentively especially when they are giving the hidayat before departure.

Also, it doesn't make sense that passengers were COOKING in business class compartments. There has been some improvement in the on-board meal service lately on the trains and anyone traveling in business could surely have afforded to buy from the on-board cafe. Why would they need to cook anything?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#477 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2019 16:45
This video is also being circulated on Twitter mainly by PTI supporters I guess.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#478 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2019 19:00
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

It is time for dua, sir !

Despite all our weaknesses, even if by name, Pakistan is a Muslim country...and we expect our brothers elsewhere to keep us in prayers.

The things have gone beyond the phrases like ‘our prime minister’ and ‘your prime minister’. Many analysts believe that Maulana’s designs are ‘sinister’..

Either the things will be settled behind the scenes, or else Maulana is NOW in a position (and have the intention of) pushing the country into the worst kind of anarchy. His apparent target is IK, but his real target seems to be the high ups of Pakistan army, and if he does not get some underhand deal, within a weak he will show his real objectives. You can well imagine the results and the repercussions....

That, while the enemy is ready to strike both from the east and from the west !

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#479 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2019 20:06

I will (Insha’Allah) be in Spain in about 3 weeks’ time. I don’t know how but the whole world (including) my mother found out and think that it was this week.

3-4 people have sent me messages asking me “How is Spain?”and I am right here :lol

Anyways…

The reason for telling you (all) is that a nice older (very Senior) Maulana also thought that I was in Spain so he called me on WhatsApp yesterday.

Maulana told me that it was his heart’s desire to visit Andalus and he finally did go. He said that it hurt him a lot thinking that how Muslims suffered  a decline in Andalus but what he said next was stunning so he said,

“If you read history it was not the Non-Muslims or some conspiracy theory which led to the decline of Muslims. There were two brothers and both fought to be rulers for decades. We can look through history with nice (prism) but the fact is that when the enemies of Islam were attacking Andalus from two sides (we Muslims) were fighting to bring each other down and that is the bit which hurts.”

This is Pakistan, today. Both the Eastern and Western flank is HOT and pakistanees are unable to unite for their own sake. History will not be kind if something happens!

P.S: I have visited Spain off and on for the last 20 years. In the past they used to acknowledge the rule of Islam, now they say that Cordoba Mosque (was a Church) and it was force converted by Muslims to a Mosque. I have old tattered pamphlets somewhere from twenty years ago which clearly had the mention of it being a Mosque and Spanish Government was thankful to UN for restoration grants, now they say it was a Chruch (Muslims stole it) and now it is being put back as a Church.

+1 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#480 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2019 20:08
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Khan Sahab Come on Sir!

A man of your caliber and experience should know these two things.

For good governance there are two essential things which are needed.

1. Stick
2. Good Administrative Skills

Politicians have neither of both. Their education (whether from Oxford / Harvard) or from some Pind of Punjab, has not designed them to be good administrators. Lawyers and Political Science Graduates can be good debaters, speakers, professors. However, they lack the capability to run a third world country with destroyed institutions and very complex politics.

USA can afford presidents like Trump because her economy is very strong and her institutions very intact. The third world can't afford fools however.

And yes, our leaders are the earnings of our amaal and I am disappointed from our religious leaders who have largely compromised to democracy and couldn't unite the nation against this system and couldn't propose a better alternative to this failed democratic-capitalistic system. They were seeing Soviet Union and they were seeing China, but still they couldn't take inspiration and instead accepted the things as were left by the British. The British had left the subcontinent, but our religious leaders still remained aloof from the world and were engaged in sectarian bias instead. Wasting their energy in petty matters.

And our university elders also did nothing to solve this very serious problem. Jamat e Islami submitted to democracy and lost it's credibility. Dr.Israr Ahmed RH and his tanzeem remained theoretical and academic in nature.

Now it is up to this generation that what it does. Currently the situation is ripe. People need direction and hope. This system and these institutions have failed miserably to deliver. The road is long and hard. However, if we really have 80 years then I am hopeful that we can accomplish much if we become serious from today on wards and first of all target the area of Character and Behaviour building which needs a huge amount of time and energy because it is very much neglected.
No post ratings

Jump to page: