Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Comprehensive Pakistan Thread

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k, bint e aisha, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, sipraomer, tanveerzakee, sharjan8643
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1081 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2020 08:43
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I'm surprised to read that. He is not that bad alhamdulillah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1082 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2020 09:33
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

I am surprised at the depth of knowledge in Shariah if it is indeed him and even if it is someone else tweeting on his behalf.

+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#1083 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2020 11:37
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Hazrat Thanavi RH reprimanded Khwaja Azizul Hasan RH because he did not mention Maulana Ahmad Raza Marhoom with due respect in a majlis. Janab Fawad Choudhury deserves the respect that is due to a common Muslim by not being referred to by a nickname he would be offended by.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1084 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2020 16:52
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1085 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2020 17:20
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

I do not believe that we should criticise anything in Shariah at all.

You are taking the discussion in a different direction, I didn't say that he has become a Tableeghi, I just expressed surprise at a few tweets. I am sure that you can find a thousand others things which are blameworthy
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1086 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2020 17:55
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

No. I just asked you the question to confirm your position and it's perfect alhamdulillah.

Actually I was really pleased to read Fawad Chaudhry's tweets but that didn't last longer as I skimmed through some of his other tweets and realised that he's using Islam to further his own agenda as he has been opposing public execution and some other Islamic punishments.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1087 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2020 18:24
He is still making a valid point, IMO. Those punishments that people are suggesting are out of the need for revenge and as an expression of hatred. That's hardly the point of punishment in Islam. Not only is there the aspect of justice for the victims, Islam also wants the criminal to be redeemed for the hereafter, as long as he/she is repentant about their crime.

Although the punishments being suggested are quite suited to a society like Pakistan's where it's the law of the jungle and people only yield to someone who treats them like animals of the jungle.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1088 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2020 18:36
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Quote:
He is still making a valid point, IMO. Those punishments that people are suggesting are out of the need for revenge and as an expression of hatred. That's hardly the point of punishment in Islam. Not only is there the aspect of justice for the victims, Islam also wants the criminal to be redeemed for the hereafter, as long as he/she is repentant about their crime.

Does that mean that you start opposing Islamic punishments? Fawad Chaudhry is openly calling such punishments barbaric and uncivilized. He is using Qur'an to justify his point about DNA and witnesses etc and he is right about it but he is clearly going against the Qur'an here: youtu.be/g3uf-qYhjeQ
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1089 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 09:52
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

He's calling the setting of a person on fire, public hanging and castration as barbaric. Are these really punishments from the Shariah?

I know he's going to say the same about the actual punishment from Shariah, but I don't want to comment on something that is a possibility.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1090 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 10:27
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

No he is saying that about public execution. And you're saying that public punishments are not in Shariah? What else is Allah ta'ala commanding in this verse then?

اَلزَّانِيَةُ وَالزَّانِىۡ فَاجۡلِدُوۡا كُلَّ وَاحِدٍ مِّنۡهُمَا مِائَةَ جَلۡدَةٍ​وَّلَا تَاۡخُذۡكُمۡ بِهِمَا رَاۡفَةٌ فِىۡ دِيۡنِ اللّٰهِ اِنۡ كُنۡتُمۡ تُؤۡمِنُوۡنَ بِاللّٰهِ وَالۡيَوۡمِ الۡاٰخِرِ​ۚ وَلۡيَشۡهَدۡ عَذَابَهُمَا طَآئِفَةٌ مِّنَ الۡمُؤۡمِنِيۡنَ‏ 

(24:2) Those who fornicate - whether female or male - flog each one of them with a hundred lashes. And let not tenderness for them deter you from what pertains to Allah's religion, if you do truly believe in Allah and the Last Day; and let a party of believers witness their punishment.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1091 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 10:54
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Public flogging and stoning to death are from Shariah, but setting a person on fire, castration are not exactly Shariah punishments. Which is what he is calling barbaric.

Like I said, it's highly likely he'd consider flogging and stoning as barbaric too but let's comment on that once he says it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1092 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 11:16
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1093 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2020 13:56
Shia Scholar condemns Shia Zakirs disrespecting Sunni beliefs

Shias are responsible for inciting Sunni emotions and they are representatives of Shaytaan instead of representatives of Nabi (Sallalaho Alaihe Wassallam), they are destroying the cohesion of Pakistani Nation

twitter.com/chor_accountant/status/1306945769866489856
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1094 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2020 17:36
Question for Pakistanees?

Why is every News Anchor in Pakistan a "Doctor"? You don't find any Doctors on CNN or BBC at all except experts in their field.
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#1095 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2020 02:33
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Have you seen the Shia replies to the clip of the Shia alim? He's being labelled a traitor. The divide runs deep. Looks like not too many Shia are in favor of peace with Ahlus Sunnah.
No post ratings

Jump to page: