Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 
Top Members

BBC News Article on Moulana Masood Azhar and UK Deobandis

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,171
Brother
591
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2016 23:35
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
2,489
Brother
3,852
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf's avatar
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 19:44
BBC Radio 4 - The Deobandis

The Final Analysis

You're Having A Laugh

By Mukhtar Master


It was with baited breathe and eager anticipation that I awaited the main course of a two-part BBC Radio 4 program entitled the 'The Deobandis'.

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b076cg3d
Our head chef, Owen Bennett-Jones had already served the starter last week. It certainly wasn't very appetising to the 600,000 so-called 'Deobandis ' in the UK. In fact, based on reviews since the program has aired, far from just leaving a bitter taste in the mouth, it has metaphorically left a vast percentage of the British Muslim population feeling sick. Bennett-Jones had set the scene by 'cooking up' a first episode which was about as representative of 'Deobandis' as Delia Smith is of traditional Indian cuisine. This was hardly surprising when some of the ingredients consisted of so called 'Deobandi' experts, who themselves have well-documented form in their animosities against them, an atheist who is a living testimony to the book, 'The God Delusion', and a gay barelwi supposed Tablighi Jammati, who's likelihood of having ever participated in a gusht or tashkeel is as probable as Jeremy Corbyn becoming the next Tory party leader. Fact is stranger than fiction - who would have believed that such a cacophony of misfits could be brought together as voices to represent 'Deobandi' Muslims.
As a friend of mine mused - "You're having a laugh."

That said - part two started with the proverbial 'Deobandi' neck on the block and Bennett-Jones positioning for a swift and easy finish.

The program covered four main themes as part of the final episode: an interview of Aiman Dean, a former Al Qaeda member turned MI5 agent, the visit of Masood Azhar in 1993, the role of Khatme Nubuwat and finally the battle between conservative Islam and the so-called new 'reformers'. All four themes served only one purpose - to demonise 'Deobandi' Islam.

Aiman Dean proclaimed that during his time as a double agent, he was being courted by numerous people to appear and talk about his experience as a jihadi. He even made claims of carrying out a touring circuit of up to 25 mosques, many university Islamic Societies, workplace prayer rooms and private homes. This is quite an incredulous claim to make, which is barely hinted at in a BBC article dated the 3rd March 2015.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31700894
For an investigative journalist, the likes of Bennett-Jones, to pass up the opportunity to ask the names of mosques and universities where Dean spoke, is either a sign of incompetence or more likely an indication of the voracity of the claims being made by this individual.

The issue of Masood Azhar's visit to the UK in 1993 was such old news, that it required carbon dating of publications found in Pakistan. Azhar may well currently be classified by the USA, UK and India as a terrorist, however he certainly was not then. Back then, even good old Auntie Beeb was riddled with the likes of Saville, Harris, Hall and others. However no one cast aspersions at all other BBC employees being paedophiles, but rather developed system and procedures to prevent a reoccurrence. However, this is not a luxury afforded to 'Deobandi' institutions by the Beeb's very own Bennett-Jones.

As British as they come, Toaha Qureshi (MBE) a Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire was next in Bennett-Jones's firing line. His grilling on national radio centred primarily around his mosque's links with Khatme Nubuwat. Bennett -Jones attempted to portray that Khatme Nubuwat in Pakistan indirectly (however more accurately - viewed upside down with a squint and wearing 3D glasses) supports violence, particularly towards the Ahmadiyya community. All very serious, however one part of the conversation did make me chuckle, regarding a contentious leaflet found at his mosque:
OB-J "Our researchers found them."

TQ (MBE) "Researchers must be from the Ahmadiyya group?"
OB-J very assertively "I'm sorry no. A BBC researcher who has no religious stake in this. You can't throw that kind of slur at people."

Bennett-Jones, the man who makes his living out of slurring people, lecturing others. Mind you, not just any other person - a 'Deobandi' with an MBE I'll have you know. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!

Finally we had Aamer Anwar, human rights lawyer, making a guest appearance. Anwar's appearance was linked to the power struggle at the Glasgow Central Mosque, for which he has played a pivotal role.
stv.tv/…/1341461-police-probe-threats-against-forme…/

Anwar's position is one of reform. To take the "soul of Islam" into the 21st century. He went on to say that the reformers had taken roles on the mosque committee to bring about "equality", "reflect diversity" and to bring females into mosque committees. This is quite a revolutionary position from an individual who had previously been a revolutionary socialist, and until well into his adult life, an atheist.

m.heraldscotland.com/… /14111414.In_his_own_words__Q…/
So what does this all mean?

Bennet-Jones concluded by stating that he made the program to instigate a "rational debate". He went on to state that most 'Deobandis' reject violence, however he believed it was time for "engagement and integration."

Well, the above is the official position. However, the reality is that this radio series was pure, unabashed political propaganda. On 19th January 2016, Bennett-Jones delivered a lecture at St Peters College, Oxford on the topic of 'Causes of Radicalisation of British Muslim Youth'.

www.spc.ox.ac.uk/blog/islamic-radicalism-discussion
With the lecture being less than three months ago, I would have thought that the whole lecture would have been littered with references to 'Deobandis' by our chief investigator. Despite the fact that the lecture was very thorough, detailed and well documented - there was not even a single reference to 'Deobandis'.

Moreover, Bennett-Jones has past form in playing the political card in his journalism. As the former BBC reporter for Pakistan, he caused a political storm by stating that the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), a Pakistani political party, had received funds from India:

tribune.com.pk/…/mqm-funding-owen-bennett-jones-sta…/
Bennett-Jones went on record to state that the sources were authentic and that he stood by every word. Unfortunately, for him, his mercenary journalism was exposed by statements made by the Metropolitan Police:
m.ibnlive.com/…/documents-on-raw-mqm-link-fake-nothi…
m.timesofindia.com/…/Docus-…/articleshow/47919065.cms

This radio series, 'The Deobandis', is part of a calculated political ploy to demonise this form of conservative islam, which is termed 'Deobandi' Islam. It is a p
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,011
Brother
841
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 09:20
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
WifaqulUlama's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
637
Brother
1,070
WifaqulUlama's avatar
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 09:49
It is the job of Department of Education & Charity commission etc to investigate complaints made to them. A Deobandi Islamic Institution was visited by Department of Education last week, their working practices and standards were found to be compliant with no issues.

Alhumdolillah for everyone and their duas.

report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,171
Brother
591
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 10:30
did sh. motala really say he has nothing to do with ml masood and has never even mention his name? and called him an terrorist. just answer yes or no i aint going to get into silly argument with certain people on here.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,516
Brother
10,077
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 11:34

mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

My sources tell me that Mufti Amin Pandor spoke to the BBC for 2 hours, his total airtime in both episodes is less than 5 minutes. Based on these facts we have no idea what Maulana Yusuf Motala (HA) wrote to the BBC and what they actually decided to share on air.

In fact I am not even sure if he indeed responded or was it an Administrator. Not defending him in anyway, just sharing facts.

As far as Maulana Masood Azhar is concerned he is an ISI stooge and I have been saying it for 5 years so I (personally) don't support or back him at all...not sure about Deobandees.

report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,011
Brother
841
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 11:52
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

On another note we need to help brothers like Dr. Nafeez Ahmed who are doing some good work. Instead of spending millions on structures and sending chanda (charity) abroad we need to have work with such brothers and give them funding etc to take on crocks like the BBC.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
3,158
Brother
2,253
xs11ax's avatar
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 11:57
salaam

i am very confused.

what is the uk deobandi stance on the taliban and pakistani tanzeems nowadays? i know what it was in the past, but it now seems to have changed. even amin pandor has changed. i used to know him back in the days.

or is it the time for taqiyyah now?
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,171
Brother
591
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 12:14
london786 wrote:
View original post



very true bro i been encourging my friends and fam for the past few yrs to reconsider where they sent their zakat and lillah. of course still send for good causes abroad but we have many organiastions and needs here too. zakat should be given to places like hhugs and nawaal. beleive it or not but their are many muslim families here in the UK in poverty and struggling.

also groups and individuals who tackle islamaphobia and defendin muslm rights deserve our financial help too. i believe Mufti Abdur Rahman is one of the very few scholars who has mentioned this in public how we should support local and national charities.

as for ml masood i cant comment but we still shouldnt be the mouthpiece for the kuffar and do their dirty work. we should show some unity in front of non muslims instead of bickering and trying to score one over fellow muslims in order to get a pat on the back from non muslims. before long we will end up calling everyone and anyone mi5 and informants such as afghan taliban or even mullah omar ( shaheed).

this is a very dangerous game. the bbc aint idiots who made that doc over night. they knew what they were doing and know a lot more than they let on. im sure they got access to books by ml thanvi رضي الله عنه and shaykhul hadeeth رضي الله عنه both who say things which wont go down too well in todays societies. if we not careful we will get deos and scholars bad mouth akaabir and saying we dnt follow them or disagree with them on certain issues.

if the non muslims want they can easily twist facts and say deoband was founded by two terroist maulan qasim رضي الله عنه and mufti ganghoi رضي الله عنه who fough and used voilence against the brits and their mentor haji imadullah رضي الله عنه went into hiding in makkah to avoid capture. so lets just be firm and defend our beliefs instead of playing house muslims and yes men
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,516
Brother
10,077
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 12:18

xs11ax wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

The first problem is reliance on Ulama on matters which are political and politically influenced. Ulama are Academics who neither have the knowledge nor the experience to deal with or decipher changing political circumstances and connections.

Pakistan Army, ISI and IB (Intelligence Bureau) has to deal with India which is far bigger, more resourced and better able to deal with Kashmir on military as well as diplomatic arena. The best hope they has is to tie down India in Kashmir and waste Indian resources in a war of attrition.

Pakistan doesn’t have the kind of resources to continue this war of attrition based on financial numbers or political will.

Pakistan Army, ISI and IB (Intelligence Bureau) have NO CHOICE but to tap into religious sentiment to get the necessary resources in Kashmir to tie India down, the best people with ample religious fervour are Deobandees & Ahl-e-Hadeeth because they both obey their elders to the tee.

Maulana Masood Azhar was a legitimate Deoandi figure and he had Khilafah from Mufti Yusuf Luhdyanwi (RA) in Tassawuff so when he came to the UK (backed by MI6), Maulana Yusuf Motala (DB) and his likes simply welcomes him based on his Deoandi & Tassawuff connections.

British Deobandee Ulama were under immense pressure in 1993 to do something about Babri Masjid and Bosnia. MI6 wanted its native British citizens to say and do something about Bosnia.

By inviting and welcoming Maulana Masood Azhar (Deobandi Ulama) GOT A CHANCE to throw a bone at thousands of young Deobandees (that’s me and you) that they back Jihad i.e. Hazrats back Jihad.

MI6 & CIA got their wish for enthusiasm in Britain over what was happening in then (Yugoslavia).

Don’t forget that Maulana Yusuf Motala (DB) and many Deobandees also (some openly and some tacitly) backed the 1994 (HT) Khilafah conference…pretty sure some Journalist will pick this up in the future.

Now (2016) our Brothers think that Hazrats are  changing their position on Jihad, they were NEVER in it anyways…They simply welcomes people based on political scenarios and circumstances

Do you see the picture, bro? Yes you have been taken for a ride for the last 20+ years! And your and my children will continue to be taken for a ride by Hazrats because they will back A or B or C without any thought or vision behind why they back them and YES THEY WILL retract support from A or B or C when political situation becomes difficult

report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,516
Brother
10,077
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 12:22
The position that we should look to Ulama for guidance in these matters is silly EXACTLY for these reasons.

  • 1993 Ulama backed Maulana Masood Azhar and welcomed him on Heathrow
  • 2016 Ulama falling over each other to distance themselves from Maulana Masood Azhar


Layman confused as to what's going on!

report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
3,158
Brother
2,253
xs11ax's avatar
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 12:29
anyone got a good bbq recipe?
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,171
Brother
591
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 12:46
can u please clarify what you mean when you say certain individual were backed by mi5. are u implying they are sellouts and working with them or just collaborated with them? as there is a big difference between the two. for example during the afghan soviet war its true cia had some dealings with the mujaahideen and with bin laden رضي الله عنه but i wouldnt call that working for them. both had same goals and used each other to get job done. then u got that arab guy who was on the bbc documents who is a self confessed mi5 informant now obviusply people like that are scum and munafiqs.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,011
Brother
841
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 12:55
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Firstly the Bosnian war was a legitmate cause. Serbs were massacaring Bosnians and the world let them down. Yes, M16 might have had some hand in it but let us not forget those brave men who gave their lives for this cause.

Also I don't get this. You want deobandi ulema to openly state that they were involved in the freedom struggle and for them to then openly broadcast it in this climate where the media is making a big deal about any muslim involvement in armed struggle regardless of the context and if it was right or wrong (which clearly in the case of Bosnia was totally correct and backed by the west)

I can understand that ulema are cautious in this matter. Let us give them the benefit of the doubt. Also maulana yusuf ludhianvi rh only gave khilfat to maulana masood azhar towards the end of his life and not in 1993. But he also gave khilafat to maulana tariq jamil saab.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
2,489
Brother
3,852
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf's avatar
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 13:24
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post


Precisely , if we play this game of the media then we will end up dissociating, denouncing everyone and anyone, for exmple all the senior Ulemah in their entirety support Khatme Nabuwwat.

As for the issue of Maulana Masood Azhars speaking tour to raise awareness concerning the genocide ... Fact is when the Christians, of East Timor were involved in their armed struggle for independence, their struggle for independence they were projected as victims of attrocity and persecution by the BBC and received maximum coverage.

When the Christians in South Sudan were involved in their armed struggle for independence from Sudan, they were projected as victims of attrocities persecution by the BBC.

But when it is muslims of Kashmir who were bought and sold by the British like cattle in the Treaty of Amritsar in 1846, and in whose oppression subjugation Lord Louis Mountbatten fully colluded in 1947 and have suffered genocide, tyranny and oppression for far longer and far greater then the Christians of Southern Sudan, and East Timor
are giving virtually no coverage with a self-imposed news black out, being imposed by the BBC purely because they are Muslims, likewise the muslims of Xinjiang in China.

When on the odd occasions there has been coverage the likes of the BBC's Mike Wooldridge, Daniel Lak, Gill Mcgivering, Matt Frei, have all gone to Kashmir accompanied by Indian troops, have chosen to regurgitate Indian propaganda and tried to project the legitimate struggle of the Kashmiri People as a terrorist struggle.
This as I wrote to the BBC years ago was collusion complicity in genocide of a people because they are muslims and frankly disgusting....! The BBC seemed to have little answer to that, they even wrote to their senior correspondent in India at the time Mike Wooldridge asking him to respond even he had no answers other then usual we "BBC impartial."

Further more, I asked the BBC how is it that they are able to scour the world looking for stories, to use in demonising Islam and muslims...But when it comes to higlighting the Mass rape and genocide of Muslims in Kashmir, and Xianjiang and elsewhere they have the nerve to plead ignorance.

I think as Malcolm X put it knowledge is power otherwise you will be loving your enemies and hating your friends.

Note: both East Timor, and Southern Sudan with the help of the West in their Media have achieved Independence.

The institutes who hosted Maulana Masood Azhar back in 1993 did nothing wrong, Maulana Masood Azhar
in his speeches in 1993 said nothing wrong, except highlight the attrocities happening in Kashmir, and the need muslims to support those who are being oppressed.

The late Lord Avebury head of the Parliamentary Human Rights Group back in the early 1990's stated,
" When women and young girls in their thousands are being kidnapped from their homes, subjected to
the to the most horrific and sadistic forms of Sexual torture and rape then would not any self-respecting Kashmiri be Militant."

The BBC itself has a lot to answer for particularly in their Institutionalised Islamaphobia, and hypocritical manner of coverage which is tantamount to complicity and collusion in genocide. For muslims rather then taking defensive posture on each and every allegation being churned out in full force and painted by the BBC propaganda machine, needs to look at the faces of the painter throw these allegations right back in their face.

Of course this needs to be done in a professional manner, and what you will find is that the BBC and its management will themselves take a defensive posture, and be on the backfoot.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top

Jump to page: