Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Yasin, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:22
Salam

Another man of Allah who dedicated his life to serving this beautiful Deen has left us at the age of 92. No doubt he was a legend, I would like to dedicate this thread to this great man as since the news of his departure has spread like wildfire, many thoughts have been shared, tributes paid etc. I thought it would be a good idea to gather them here Insha'Ala

May Allah give him the highest of ranks in Al Firdaus.

Quote:

إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ

Hadrat Hafiz Saheb Patel Markaz Dewsbury U K has sadly passed away
اللهم اغفر له وارحمه و سكنه في الجنة
اللهم اغفر له وارحمه و ادخله في الجنة
اللهم اجعل قبره روضة من رياض الجنة
May الله سُبْحَـــانَهُ وَتَعَالَـــى grant Hazrat the highest abode in Jannat Ul Firdos
آمــــــــــين

اللہ سبحانہ وتعالی جنت الفردوس میں اعلی مقام عطاء فرمائے. اور لواحقین کو صبر جمیل عطاءفرماۓ. آمین ثم آمین یا رب العلمین

REQUEST DUA's
For Esalle Sawaab please Recite 3 times
قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ ١
اّللَّهُ الصَّمَدُ ٢
لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ ٣
وَلَمْ يَكُن لَّهُ كُفُوًا أَحَدُ[/quote]

[quote]May Allah give us all the tawfiq to follow in his (hafiz saabs ) footsteps, open our eyes and hearts to the purpose we have been created for, give us the worry and concern he had for the ummat, accept us all for the effort of deen, make us strive in the path of Allah swt and make us lead a pious and righteous life.
He travelled the world for the sake of deen, may Allah accept his efforts
Ameen

Hafiz saab would say...
Ye hamara kaam heh, ye hamara maqsad heh.
(this is our work, this is our purpose)

Ekh nowjuwaan ki hidayat peeche hazaar pound kharaj kere toe...sasta sawda.
(to spend a thousand pounds behind the guidance of a youth is a bargain)
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:24

Quote:
We as muslims of Britain owe our lives to the likes of Hazrat Hafiz sahib.. who sacrficed his entire life for the elevation of deen in the western hemisphere.

The Deeni environment we see today didnt spring up out of thin air.. it required the sacrifices of a few bold men. Courageous men. Selfless men. Men with a burning desire to bring about change in the Ummah. Men who gave everything for the cause of deen. Men who were determined not to just sit and do their own Ibadah. Men who did not just take up a corner of the masjid and turn a blind eye to the vast majority of muslims who neglected major Islamic practices. Men who were not content with their own level of Iman. Men who gave everything.. EVERYTHING.. to guide mankind back to the straight path.. with love and affection and selflessness..

Hazrat Hafiz sahib (db) was the first person on that list of Men.. bold men.. chosen men.. when the world was steeped in darkness and Islam in the west was a dream that had not yet come to fruition. When the funeral of the Sunnah was leaving every home. When THE FRIDAY PRAYERS (JUMMAH SALAAH) WAS PRAYED ON A SUNDAY!! because muslims did not want to jeopardise their earnings and take a break from their jobs on Fridays.. When Fundamental islamic practices like Salaah and Zakat was openly neglected. When masajids were few and far between.. During those hard hard times,  During those early days of 1950s & 60s.. Allah selected Hazrat Hafiz Sahib for the establishment of deen in the UK and the Western world!!

The remarks of Hazrat Maulana Yusuf sahib Khadalawi (2nd Hazrat ji) was still ringing in his ears.. when it was mentioned to him that "The Evil conspirers of the world have set their Evil plans to turn Makah & Madina into London & Paris.. Oh my dear Hafiz sahib.. you make an all out effort to turn London & Paris into (the likes of) Makah & Madina"

Till today he has not rested content on his efforts of over 70 years!! Till today he wakes up in the middle of the night and makes dua, crying for the Ummah.. which has been his practice for decades.. Till today he travels the entire world for the sake of deen.. Till today he is still a light that burns the brightest in the western hemesphere.. And today sadly he breath is last Allah grant him jannah. Aameen
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:26

Quote:
Hazrat Hafez Patel Saheb was one of the first to arrive in the U.K., in 60s.
He liked cricket, He was a cricket player and a team leader.
He joined the work of tableegh.
In the beginning, he had to walk to people's homes in the snow, wearing wellies
He would knock on people's doors and call them to the masjid for Salah. He was appointed the leader of the work and even after shoora was made, he remained the spiritual leader of the Da'wah work.

In the beginning, He was an imam at saville grove masjid
Mawlana Yaqub kaawi Saheb was his partner

Hafez Saheb would teach madressa as well, But his main interest was tableegh. He called over my father Qari Dawood and was content with the wage cut, as there were now three imams. He focused more on tableegh.

His house was right in front of the masjid. Khala would also do a lot of khidmat of tableeghi jamaats in the form of cooking food for them and washing clothes etc

In 1978 the new Markaz was constructed. Hafez Saheb moved close to it. Then in 1985, with the efforts of Hafez Saheb, a Darul Uloom was also founded along with the Markaz.

There was a world ijtimaa in which hazratjee and other akaabir came.
I remember someone saw in a dream that the hall was full of people, Bayan was taking place, and Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam was observing everything from the back.

Hafez Saheb dedicated his life for tableegh like no other person.
If one was to sit with him for 10 mins, all he would hear would be khurooj, fikr of ummat, how sahaba left their homes for Deen, sacrifice etc.

Hafez Saheb was out of the country more than inside it

He never tired of traveling
Wherever he went, people would flock around him and listen to his simple but penetrating words of advice.

Ansari Saheb who would be his Khadim in many of his travels, especially Haj & umrah, says that he would get up very early for tahajjud and then he would cry a lot while making duas for the ummah
And the amazing thing was that whoever had done some Ihsaan on him, he would remember them with their names
He would go through a long list of names during the duas

He was 92 at the time of his death
He had been quite poorly but he recovered and he had just recently been abroad,

He died between Maghrib and isha on Thursday 9th of jumada al oola 1437. It is Friday night. He will be buried on Friday after Asr Salah.
What a beautiful time for death, and for burial.

May Allah accept Hafez sahebs efforts, have mercy on him, forgive him and elevate his ranks in Jannah.
May Allah give sabre Jameel to all connected.
Ameen
shared by shaykh AR Limbada
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:28
Quote:
Hadrat Hafiz Muhammad Patel Sahib's Demise

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"Hafiz Sahib spent his entire life serving Deen & championing Shabe Jumuah, Allah granted him death on Shabe Jumuah." (Mufti Shabbir Sahib)

قال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: ما من مسلم يموت يوم الجمعة او ليلة الجمعة الا وقاه الله فتنة القبر ، رواه الترمذي وابن ماجه ، وإسناده حسن

"The Muslim who passes away on the night or during the day of Friday, Allah saves him from the punishment of the grave" (Tirmidhi, Ibn Maja)

There is a saying:

موت العالم موت العالم
"The death of a scholar is the death of the world"

Tonight, we can all feel this as a great personality and servant of Islam has left this world. Hadrat Hafiz Sahib was not only the Amir of Tablighi Jamat in the West but also the founder of many institutes. He spent his life serving Islam and the Ummah. We are all indebted for his lifelong efforts which continued until his final moments.

May Allah Almighty shower his mercy on his soul and elevate his status in Jannah. May Almighty Allah protect the work of Tabligh and all other work of Deen from all evil and grant us a good death. Ameen.

Mufti Yusuf Shabbir, Blackburn, UK
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:30
Quote:
May Allah grant my mentor and shaykh, Hafiz Patel Sahib Jannat al-Firdaws. I was truly honored to have been so close to him. He was the cause of me coming on to this path. A major loss for this Ummah. @shaykh Omar subedar[/quote]

[quote]"Hafiz Sahib spent his entire life serving Deen & championing Shabe Jumuah, Allah granted him death on Shabe Jumuah."

(Mufti Shabbir Sahib)
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:32
Quote:
Heartbreaking news about Hazrat Hafiz Patel sb (rahimahullah)
It is mentioned in a Hadith that Allah SWT deals with the deceased according to how the people react after their death.
Allah is witness to how the entire world has reacted.

It was also the sunnah of the Sahaba to pray 2 rak'at nafl salah upon the hearing of sad news. Let's revive this sunnah inshaAllah.

It was the habit of the Prophet SAAWS and the Awliya to wake up in Tahajjud and make dua for the Ummah. Let us also revive this Sunday. Hafiz sb would make dua every night and cry in tahjjajjud for us.

Duas for the Ummah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:33
Quote:
Re Hafiz Patel rahimahullah, Imam Tahir Anwar says, "His Janazah will be one of the largest the west will experience."

اللهم اني اسألك حسن الخاتمة آمين

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:34
Quote:
Tragic and heartbreaking news

I was on my way to Dewsbury Markaz when my father called me in order to inform me that Hafiz Patel Saheb, the amir of Tablīgh jammat in Europe, had returned to Allah. Hafiz Patel Saheb rahmatullahi alayhi was like a father figure to us, it was through his efforts that my uncle, myself and my brothers studied this blessed deen. It is without exaggeration that thousands of people have become alims, huffaz and qurra through his efforts and his encouragement.

Just to mention a few of his remarkable efforts, Hafiz Patel Saheb rahmatullahi alayhi would walk daily from Dewsbury to Bradford (approximately 10 miles) for the sole intention of calling people towards Allah. Sixty or seventy years ago we had nothing in terms of establishment of Islam here, it is through his struggle and his sacrifices that alhamdulilah we have the masajid, makatib and madaris that exist today. Not only was he the Amir of jammat, but without doubt he was one of the Amirs of the Muslims here in the UK and we are all indebted to him. His khadim mentions that he would stand for long hours in the night performing tahajjud and then making dua for people by naming them individually as Allah had blessed him with a very sharp memory and that was coupled with his sincerity as well as his concern for his fellow Muslims.

All my memories with Hafiz Patel Saheb rahmatullahi alayhi are playing back in my mind. I had a close connection with him, he would love me dearly and whenever he saw me he would advise me and sometimes give me gifts, sometimes he would hold my hand for a long time to show his affection for me. When my brother Maulana Atif rahmatullahi alayhi passed away he supported my family greatly, he personally came to my local masjid to speak about my brother and whenever I met him he would mention and remind me of him. I remember now when I returned from jammat in Morocco, he gifted me with ittr and a miswak then he invited me to join him suhur and iftari and this was his usual practice.

Hafiz Saheb would travel often and he was always very active for the effort of this deen, people knew this and it was for this reason that large groups of people would flock towards him wherever he went where upon seeing him, he would impart to them sweet and simple words that would permeate through their hearts softening them. He had been unwell for sometime and although he had recovered, he returned to Allah between maghrib and isha salah at the age of 92. The Islamic calendar date of his passing is Thursday 9th of Jumad 'l-Ula'. How amazing it is that he passed away on Shabe Jum'ah, the night he would call people towards then masjids to remember Allah and His religion, through that Allah took him on a blessed night. His legacy that he leaves behind is colossal and I am still shocked and lost for words and although what I have written may seem a lot, in reality they are nothing compared to the voluminous books that can be written about him. Please, everybody is requested to perform some Isaale Thawaab for him and we ask Allah to elevate his rank in jannah, Ameen @shaykh Yasir Al hanafi
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:38
Quote:
After maghrib today one of the brightest lights that Dewsbury has ever seen breathed his last and left this temporary abode for ever. Known simply as Hafiz Sahib or Hafiz Patel Sahib, most will not even know that his actual name was Ahmed. For decades now, he lead the work of Dawah and Tableegh in the UK and also across Europe. Those that had the fortune to meet him will have their own personal memories. He remembered people by their names and, often to the surprise of many, when they had not done their yearly forty days! But those that were blessed to study at Dewsbury Markaz will have much more memories. The Yaaseen readings after maghrib followed by a good hour of advice when it was supposed to be 'free' time. I, like many, could repeat what Hafiz Sahib was going to say. At this point, I am particularly reminded of the special affection he showed me due to which I would also be the recipient of a ticking off. I was not alone in that too: many had the same experience. Even many years after graduation, I could expect a public dressing down in an audience that otherwise (mistakenly) might hold me in some regard. This was the experience of others too. But we didn't mind. We knew that we had a space in his heart and he did it for our own good. We knew that he would pray for us in solitude mentioning each by name. In any case, we owed him so much that the public dressing down was rendered insignificant. Now, there is no one to pray for us. May Allah accept his efforts, forgive his shortcomings, and grant him a final abode in Jannah al-Firdaws. Aameen.@ Maulana mohammad Zubair butt
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:39
Quote:
إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ

Tonight is an extremely sad evening for the Muslims of the UK as we have lost one of the giants and pioneers of Da'wah and Tableegh, Ameer of Tableeghi Jamaat UK and Europe, Hadhrat Hafez Patel Saheb RA from Dewsbury. He spent over 50 years calling people towards good and forbidding evil, sacrificed his life in worrying about the Imaan of others. Through his efforts alone hundreds and thousands of individuals' lives were changed for the better in the UK, Europe and throughout the world. He is a great loss to the whole Ummah.

May Allah Almighty accept all his good deeds, grant him the highest status in Jannah, and grant us someone better or equivalent.@shaykh yunus dhudhwala
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:43
Quote:
A great loss to the Muslims of the U.K.
Haafiz Patel Saab has returned to Allah, still can't believe it!

Our beloved prophet sallallaho alayhi wasallam explained that towards the end of time knowledge will be lifted, lifted in the sense that the learned and scholarly people will pass away.

My beloved ustadh Moulana Bilal Patel once said something that I always remember ....'mawtul aalimi mawtul aalami' - the death of a scholar is like the death of mankind

Haafiz Saab did so much khidmat for the deen of Allah, we are all in debt to him, his daily amal was to read 10 juz of the holy Quran everyday without his glasses.

May Allah have mercy on him and enable the Muslims of U.K. to carry on the same effort that he made, calling people to turn back to Allah and lead a life according to the Quran and sunnah

Ameen[/quote]
Posted by a brother

Another brother posted
[quote] May Allah tala raise Hafiz sahabs ranks. 🌹
Muslims of europe are more indebted than they know. He definitely drew some special mercy of the Almighty.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:44
Quote:
It's 5.40am in india I sit and ponder on hearing the passing away of Hafiz Patel (R.A) i remember those precious moments spent in England & Pakistan in the years 1991/1992

One memory always with me is my beard as i kept in my early youth. I remember clearly I was on my way to shave my beard as it was growing and irritating, i walked in the wudhu khana area with a razor as I walked there passing was Hafiz Patel who stopped to talk and passing his hands on my cheeks and chin and saying MashaaAllah, that clearly made me feel such at guilt and I walked back, (And funny enough today in the Alipore Naat Program I mentioned to all the youth to keep the sunnah beard) I will never forget those moments spent Translating his lectures in English to the youth and the journey to Pakistan my first ever journey away from home abroad. Hafiz Patel played a big role in my life and I'm sure will have to so many others all around the world. Today we have lost a very important person in our lives, a time to ponder a time to reflect.... Dunya Ke Ey Musafir Manzil Teri Kabr He. (We are only travellers of this world and our destination is the grave)

Our heart felt Duas from everyone here in India.

Mr Al Mubarak
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:46
Quote:
Hadrat Shaykh Hāfiz Muhammad Ahmad Patel sāhib of Dewsbury - UK, has passed away on the blessed night of Friday Great loss to the Ummah. May Allah grant him Jannat Ul Firdos.

O' Allāh! Have mercy on the Ummah!
Hadrat Shaykh Hāfiz Muhammad Ahmad Patel رحمهم الله تعالى was the Ameer of Tablighi Jamāt in Europe and a great da'ee.

It was well known regarding him that he would wake in the early hours of the morning and cry in Tahajjud for the Ummah.

May Allah Ta'ala elevate his ranks and give sabre Jameel to all connected

رحمهم الله تعالى

اللہ سبحانہ وتعالی جنت الفردوس میں اعلی مقام عطاء فرمائے. اور لواحقین کو صبر جمیل عطاءفرماۓ. آمین ثم آمین یا رب العلمین

HIS JANAZAH:
FRIDAY 19TH FEB
4 PM
SAVILE ROAD SPORTS FIELD DEWSBURY

Maulana Tehsin Abo Barira
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 01:55
Quote:

May Allah have mercy upon Hafiz Patel, Ameer not just of TJ but *everyone's* da'wah in the UK. A giant of a man and loved equally. Sad news.

No exaggeration, whenever I was in his presence I would be in awe. If there was ever a godfather character in the UK in a positive sense, Hafiz Patel would be that man. Super focused, super committed, super motivated, right until the very end. Relentless. And a man of Allah. That is how I will remember him, rahimahullah.

Tablighi Jamaat has lost its UK Ameer, but the Muslims of the UK have lost one of its leaders. Allahul Musta'an.

@ shaykh abu easa nimatullah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2016 02:07
Loading tweet