Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Trade, Commerce, Industry, Business, Economy

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 4th September 2015 08:21
Economics is not my expertize.
Nor are most of the topics I discuss here.
I am merely a Tom, Rick or Harry, a Muslim, worried about Islam and Muslims today.
Hence this thread that I had at SF too with a different title : My Economy Thread.
I would like my brothers discuss these issues for the benefit of Ummah.
This topic should have been our strong point for our beloved Prophet (SAW) was a trader par excellence.
And so was Imam abu Hanifa (RA)
And so was Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani (RA).
Where did we go wrong that today everything is under the control of those people who trade with Riba?
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 4th September 2015 08:22

The Economist explains

Why Islamic State's gold coins won't replace the global banking system

Sep 3rd 2015, 21:14 by W.Z.

ADVOCATES of the gold standard have long been dismissed by mainstream economists as a club of bow-tie-wearing crackpots. That is no longer quite fair. Joining the gold bug ranks is a group of individuals who almost certainly never wear dickie bows: so-called Islamic State. On August 29, al-Hayat, the organisation's foreign-media arm, published a 55-minute video denouncing the fractional reserve banking system, and advocating “the return of the ultimate measure of wealth for the world: gold.

“The Rise of the Khilafah: Return of the Gold Dinar”, makes a bizarre sell for the Islamic State’s new gold currency. Covering a dizzying range of topics, from the importance of gold as a medium of exchange to “the dark rise of bank notes, born out of the satanic conception of banks”, it argues America has been able to avoid hyperinflation and maintain its military hegemony largely thanks to the petrodollar system. Islamic State hopes that with the introduction of what it is calling the dinar, all oil will be traded for with gold instead of being priced in dollars, which would “mark the death of this oppressive banknote" and bring America “to her knees”. Charts showing the gradual increase of the American money supply and the devaluation of the dollar are provided as evidence of the dangers of printing money. A rotation of gold-loving financial analysts is featured. Even Ron Paul, a former libertarian presidential candidate, makes an appearance denouncing inflation as theft.

There are three rather obvious problems with Islamic State’s plan. First, its yellow currency is no different to any other version of the gold standard. The dinar’s worth will be determined by the supply and demand for gold, exposing the currency to fluctuations in the price of the yellow stuff. A fall in the gold supply would be like a tightening of monetary policy; it could cause a recession. Second, a coin backed by a terrorist organisation has obvious credibility problems: aside from the fact that its coins cannot be traded legally, few would presumably use this currency to trade oil if it was only available in coin form, or other forms relied on trusting Islamic State.

Finally, ending the petrodollar system would first require Islamic State to seize a far larger share of oil production in the Middle East and persuade countries to agree to trade with it. Even if Islamic State were successful in becoming a major oil exporter, the strength of the dollar depends on far more than its use in the oil trade. American capitalism seems safe for a while yet.

Source : The Economist
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2015 03:53
A Misconception

At the moment we have a misconception in our minds.
We think that Muslim security is the only issue that we face the world over.
We face the racial venom in UK, US, Australia and Europe in general.
We face discrimination in Palestine, India and Burma including increasing physical threat.
We face western weapons in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria, Iraq.
We face mortal threats from our own regimes in many countries like Egypt.

But the security might be the prime concern but it is not the only concern.

At the moment the security balance happens to be in favour of the west but it is not decisively so.
It might even be overwhelming but decisive it is not.
Just see how the US had been dithering outside Iraq and Syria before Russia nudged her out.
And if you look at the Russian tanks then they look like as if they belong to WWI.
So let us not get fooled by the western media reports of Russia having beaten the hell out of everyone - rebels, ISIS, US.

So we Muslims who ponder about Ummah should pay enough attention to other pressing issues too.
To help all those who would like to address the problems of the Ummah.
Remember even the most advance nations first solve their problems on the board.

Let us have a group from amongst us who use their time, energy and efforts to think about the problems of Ummah in the field of commerce, industry, trade, business, finance and economy.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2015 12:18
I was born and brought up in a Middle Eastern country and now since a year live in my motherland, Bangladesh.

Living here you are exposed to a lot more 'reality', for lack of a better word than living in a country where everything everywhere was fine and dandy and security wasn't much of an issue. However lets talk about trade and commerce.

Almost everyone is taking HUGE loans. I am talking of the big sharks. The ones who own companies whose ads you see on TV, newspapers and banners on the roads. An uncle [sort of uncle...here anyone older than me is an uncle...and anyone younger than me calls me an uncle...] who owns multiple companies asks my father to donate for a masjid he is building. Apparently he was shown that in a dream when he went to Madinah. Allah knows best. The masjid will be 4-5 storeys. Do we require it? I don't know. Most masjids are full only during Fridays and Taraweehs.

Then there is cheating. Everyone is either cheating or bribing. What does one do in this place? I am being highly discouraged to start a business or trade just because there are big sharks waiting to gobble you up. Need to keep reciting dua younus perhaps. It doesnt help that I am not that street smart. Honesty can just take you so much I guess.

Again, I digress. But what I hope does happen in the future is that madrassahs start training the children in some sort of handiwork. The ulema, graduates from madrassahs are facing a big big task in just being able to survive. Where are they going to go, I have no idea. A lot of rich people donate money to the madrassahs... Cant there be some sort of job offers for the students graduating from madrassahs? Or are they just supposed to be confined [sorry again for lack of a better word] in madrassahs their whole life.

With alims and ulemas being in madrassahs, and only time people going to them is either for nikah or janazah, it is no wonder that our society is where it is. I don't do much myself but I still hold the alims and ulema in a high benchmark and crticize them for not doing enough. The scholars are inheritors of the Prophet [sallal lahu alayhi wasallam]. That in itself makes them very accountable.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2015 04:54
my176 wrote:
View original post

Quote:
I was born and brought up in a Middle Eastern country and now since a year live in my motherland, Bangladesh.

Living here you are exposed to a lot more 'reality', for lack of a better word than living in a country where everything everywhere was fine and dandy and security wasn't much of an issue. However lets talk about trade and commerce.[/quote]

Yours was a brave decision my dear, I mean the decision to return to Bangladesh.
I am not aware of the ground reality in Bangladesh but it sure will be much worse than India.
What I have personally seen for many decades and I know it from folklore and environment
that India has been exporting cream class workforce, the engineers and other professionals to Europe and US foolishly. It was of course called the brain drain but no one had a clue how that could be solved.
Today because of job saturation in the so called developed world no one talks of the brain drain.
But by some miracle India too is no more a developing world.

It must have happened by the trickling of Indian talent into India as well as by the fact that the west was diversifying into the rest of the world. When they open a Pizza Hut, Pepsi plant and Macdonald's India you do get pizzas, Pepsi and burgers in India. This might look one sided that the real beneficiary is still the west while the east is merely a consumer. Well that is true but somehow these are Indians who are munching pizzas, guzzling Pepsi and devouring burgers.

Similar things must be true for BD too, to some extent.
One actually does feel like Alice in Wonderland - dumbfound about the happenings around.
Quote:

Almost everyone is taking HUGE loans. I am talking of the big sharks. The ones who own companies whose ads you see on TV, newspapers and banners on the roads. An uncle [sort of uncle...here anyone older than me is an uncle...and anyone younger than me calls me an uncle...] who owns multiple companies asks my father to donate for a masjid he is building. Apparently he was shown that in a dream when he went to Madinah. Allah knows best. The masjid will be 4-5 storeys. Do we require it? I don't know. Most masjids are full only during Fridays and Taraweehs.[/quote]

There are two things here ya akhi.
One is economic activity and another is religious activity.
In former we are not trying to stand on our feet.
In the religious realm there is a different problem.
The religious establishment does not give due importance to the worldly affairs.

Quote:
Then there is cheating. Everyone is either cheating or bribing. What does one do in this place? I am being highly discouraged to start a business or trade just because there are big sharks waiting to gobble you up. Need to keep reciting dua younus perhaps. It doesnt help that I am not that street smart. Honesty can just take you so much I guess.

I understand you predicament - ground reality is usually unpleasant.

[quote]Again, I digress. But what I hope does happen in the future is that madrassahs start training the children in some sort of handiwork. The ulema, graduates from madrassahs are facing a big big task in just being able to survive. Where are they going to go, I have no idea. A lot of rich people donate money to the madrassahs... Cant there be some sort of job offers for the students graduating from madrassahs? Or are they just supposed to be confined [sorry again for lack of a better word] in madrassahs their whole life.

Again there are two aspects here.
Only those kids end up in Madaris who are most poor.
The other aspect is that our Madarsa establishment does not pay much attention to worldly affairs.
The is a deeply ingrained policy matter.
If we push any hard they, the powers that be in that system, will simply tell us that you mind the world business and we ( the Madarsa people) will take care of religious matters.
It is that simple.
Good or bad that is the situation.
People like me and you are a bit greedy.
We do not want to give worldly weakness yet we want to gather religious blessings too.

The problem is of integration of the two streams - the Muslims busy in worldly activities and the Muslims busy in religious matters. The integration of the School stream society and the Madrsa stream society.

This is only possible if we first start talking about it.

After that we shall need leaders to lead us. Like India had Nehru.
We shall also need experts in every walk of life.
We shall need them in every country of Muslims on earth.
We need leaders in every country and we need technical work force and we need resources in every country.
[quote]
With alims and ulemas being in madrassahs, and only time people going to them is either for nikah or janazah, it is no wonder that our society is where it is. I don't do much myself but I still hold the alims and ulema in a high benchmark and crticize them for not doing enough. The scholars are inheritors of the Prophet [sallal lahu alayhi wasallam]. That in itself makes them very accountable.

Actually they have done a very good job of what they took upon themselves - preservation of the teachings of Islam. This is mind boggling because the resources at their disposal were miserable. They used the most less endowed section of the society and accomplished the most important task of saving Islam.

After that providing leadership in worldly affairs is not their job if we think fairly.
Our failure unfortunately comes to our door - the door of people with modern education.

Of course the solution lies in doing those things that we have ignored heitherto.

Finally I have sympathy with your personal situation.
I am sure you shall take the best possible decision about your future actions.
My best wishes are with you.
I also thank you for speaking up. Somehow we are simply not talking about our problems.
I have issues with both aspects - religious as well as worldly.
Too much attention to hair splitting on theological side.
While the modern educated people simply talk about Islam to feel good and pass time.
Of course we do get suitable exercised by the current happenings involving Muslims.
But apart from the violence related problems also there is life and that we could take care of - if we so wished by the permission of Allah.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 4th August 2018 06:00
The statistical legacy of P.C. Mahalanobis

He was instrumental in orchestrating different aspects of planning in the newly-independent India

Atanu Biswas

In 2015, Barack Obama appointed D.J. Patil as the US’ first chief data scientist and deputy chief technology officer for data policy. Is it so important to get insights from loads of data for framing national policy in today’s world?

On 29 June, the nation celebrated the 125th birth anniversary of Prof. Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis, the founder of the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) and the creator of an enriched statistical legacy in India. At this juncture, my quest is to analyse how a Mahalanobis style of academic leadership and data handling is still the best way for the country’s benefit.

Mahalanobis established the ISI in 1931 when the subject of statistics was in its infancy. Elsewhere in the world, around that time, Jerzy Neyman founded the Statistical Laboratory at the University of California, Berkeley, in 1938, and their statistics department in 1955; Beijing University started its statistics department in 1956. In addition to ISI, Mahalanobis was also instrumental in establishing the statistics department at Calcutta University in 1941, the first full-fledged department in Asia offering a post-graduate degree in statistics. Mahalanobis, undoubtedly, was far ahead of his time.

Mahalanobis organized the first statistics conference in India in 1938 in Kolkata, with R.A. Fisher, perhaps the best statistician of the world at that time, as its president. As early as in 1933, he established Sankhyā: The Indian Journal Of Statistics, a milestone in the history of science in India. Three decades on, Mahalanobis would consider this “an adventure, even foolhardy”. However, sometimes such adventures do change the course of history.

Mahalanobis was a professor of physics, who became a statistician by chance. However, according to Prof. C.R. Rao, perhaps the most well-known statistician in the world today, Mahalanobis was a statistician by instinct and an economist by conviction. His statistical learning and the process of “increasing the efficiency of human effort” were mostly developed on the wings of data, built on economics and anthropology, primarily.

It all started in 1917, when Sir Brajendra Nath Seal requested the 24-year-old Mahalanobis to analyse the exam records of Calcutta University. Three years later, N. Annandale, the then director of Zoological and Anthropological Survey of India, gave a dataset of about 300 Anglo-Indians of Calcutta to Mahalanobis, which was instrumental in initiating his more than a decade-long research on anthropometric data, resulting in the theorizing of the “Mahalanobis distance”, his most notable research contribution.

Certainly, the volume of data Mahalanobis had to handle in those days was really small in today’s context. Some datasets, however, were really big. In the 1920s, he analysed rainfall and flood data of Odisha and Bengal of 50-60 years, and obtained very interesting, counterintuitive and useful insights, which led to the construction of the Hirakud Dam and the Durgapur Barrage, subsequently. At the early stage of the statistical culture, Mahalanobis carried out a number of large-scale sample surveys; he implemented pilot surveys, optimal surveys and interpenetrating subsamples in his applications. In the 1930s, he conducted an important survey on Bengal’s jute; it was observed that the results of his survey to find the total acreage under jute crop were even more accurate than complete enumeration. Latter-day ISI students even called him the “Professor of Counting and Measurement”, using the initials of his name.

Mahalanobis was instrumental in orchestrating different aspects of planning in the newly-independent India, including the second five-year plan. His extensive experience in carrying out surveys helped in establishing the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO).

The NSSO carried out some very useful surveys to gauge the poverty and inequality of the newly-independent nation, immensely helping policymakers. Angus Dayton, the 2015 economics Nobel laureate, used NSSO data in some of his influential research. Mahalanobis handled different kinds of data when statistics, the subject, was creeping, and computational help was also very limited. To facilitate bigger computations, the ISI procured India’s first computer in 1956 and the second in 1959.

Besides, Mahalanobis had the knack of spotting talent, mostly due to his extraordinary academic leadership.

We are now obsessed with Big Data, and aspire to use it in every aspect of our life—from business to sports. However, when it comes to the delicate question of national policy making, it becomes really serious, as a wrong decision based on potentially inaccurate or insufficient data analytics might have a tremendous impact on the nation.

One needs to be a top-level statistician with immense experience of handling data at the same time to be able to take the right policy decision. Mahalanobis’ adventure of paving the way of statistical heritage in India was supplemented by the fact that he himself was a world-class statistician. Unfortunately, even four and half decades after his demise, I cannot think of a person in this country having more expertise than him for framing data-based policy decisions for human welfare and national development—he certainly had a better understanding of data than most people in the business do.

Atanu Biswas is professor of statistics at the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.

Source : LiveMint
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 4th August 2018 06:36
Q: Why an article on Indian statistician PC Mahalanobis on MuftiSays?
A: Statistics can be useful. Very useful.

From this article one can see several examples of big uses of statistical knowledge.

I have a friend who has retired as a professor from the department of statistics of our university.

He also thinks of himself as a big thinker of Muslim Ummah. Yet he never put his knowledge of statistics to good use in the service of Ummah.

In fact I could never convince him of the utility of his subject for the noble cause of Ummah.

So the question for many of us is whether we are putting our weight in the pan belonging to Muslim Ummah. Are we utilizing our God given abilities and capabilities in the service of Ummah.

My impression is that most of us are not even aware of this possibility.

Those who are aware are not taking practical steps to be useful for Ummah.

Those who are indeed participating at practical levels are not aware that they can persuade others to do the same.

If we start doing whatever is within our capabilities then the things will start changing for good of the Ummah.

I hope we receive the admonition and guidance from Allah SWT in this regard.

+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 07:13
US Went Interest Free

Somewhere the US went interest free and I am confounded.

Who will help me in understanding it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 09:24
my176 wrote:
View original post

I shall quote the advice of a powerful business man who gave this lowly self before starting up a business. He mentioned that there are many factories or businesses out there, but that shop which works with Imandaari [honesty] will have large crowd of customers. He went on about three points:

1 - Imandaari [honesty]
2 - Hard work
3 - Sabr [patience]

A person who is not honest in business or trade will always seek to find shortcuts, dodging people and cheating others. This cancels out the point 2 and 3.

Even if we do not speak Islamic-ally, we should be aware about the five stages of business growth. Do see below to understand better:

[Taken from: generic.wordpress.soton.ac.uk/meetingofminds/2018/05/03/f...]

Competition will always exist, the first 2 stages are the most difficult part which determines the future course of your business. Generally these two phases lasts for 3-5 years. Often we end up giving up or we leave the aspect of Imandaari [honesty], and that is understandable why since we live in a 'fast world' - youths nowadays want to quickly jump into a business which is thriving without putting any efforts.

There is no point looking here and there, stay focused and start somewhere. Al hamdulillah we have a beautiful deen which emphasizes on Barakah [blessing], Tawakul [reliance], Sabr [patience], and so on.

During the first two stages, one should go in the morning and come home by night. Even if there is no flow of customers, just sit there in the shop. The rizq [sustenance] which is decreed for you will reach you, if there is no human customers then Allah can sent angels in the form of humans to buy stocks from you; What is difficult for Allah? - nothing to be discouraged about.

-
Moving on-wards,

I personally feel the main cause of downfall of muslim countries is due to their weak economic growth. To have a strong GDP [gross domestic product] is vital for the economy of the country to sustain, and this will happen when there is a flow of money.

We, muslims, have a legacy of being successful businessmen or tajir [traders] from past, and we are slowly leaving this behind. People are not aware but we should read about the the trade routes which muslims used, their trades extended throughout much of Europe, Northern Africa and Asia (including China and India).

[taken from: wps.pearsoncustom.com/wps/media/objects/2427/2486120/chap...]

The purpose of this being written here is in order to emphasize on what we have left behind and why we are slowly moving towards more dependency on western businesses. There was a time when Islamic culture impacted others due to trade, but now it is the opposite where Western culture/values is/are creeping in. The tide has turned.

There are plenty of fadhail (virtues) of adopting trade, or being a honest business man. That does not needs to be mentioned, it can be looked up.

Majority of younger muslim generation have a mindset of making a career, doing a job after graduating from university. No questions asked, a straight jump. The sense of the importance of business is on a downward trend. If we want to sustain as a muslim country, then we will have to come back to Tijara [trade].

A good example is of Pakistan, why is trade or business not flourishing as it was in the past? one reason is due to the closure of borders with India, the business have closed down. Hamdard [Ayurvedic pharmaceutical company] is not flourishing as much as it was in the past, and yes it is impacting the economy of the country indirectly; they are in splits where one is in India and the other in Pakistan.

And when economy is weak, we become dependent. Corruption, crimes, poverty and so on increases. This is being discussed in a realistic manner, ultimately it is Allah Ta'ala who does everything.
five stages of business growth.png
Downloads: 68
    [154.91 kB]
trade routes.jpg
Downloads: 61
    [112.99 kB]
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 10:39
Maripat wrote:
View original post
As far as I know, the only thing that went interest free is paying your Income Tax late.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 11:23

Government Interest Rates Explained

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Before I begin, I must state clearly and emphatically that Interest is H-A-R-A-M to give or take. Indulging in interest based transactions will have a devastating impact on your spirtual life and you will b e deprived on the blessings of Allah Ta'la in your lives so S-T-O-P as soon as possible. In fact, make this a priority.

This is just an explanation on how things work in today's economic systems. 

US Federal Reserve, Bank of England, European Central Bank

The world economy needs you to SPEND & INVEST and not hoard your money because money generates money. If someone begins to hoard money (and takes it out of circulation) then the world economy suffers.

Islam achieves this by 4 means:

1. Exhorts you continuously to not hoard money and not live a lavish lifestyle
  2. Exhorts you to give Sadaqaat (charity) from your neighbour to your fellow humans (Muslims or Non-Muslims)
  3. Mandates Ushr upon you if you are an Industrialist/Agriculturalist
  4. Mandates Zakat upon you if you are over the Nisaab (a certain limit)

THEN and this is critical, that money is circulated back into the hands of people who are less blessed. In other words, the flow of the money is from Rich to the Poor.

The Non-Muslim economy also needs to rely on circulation of money so it gives you loans to spend on:

1. Things you don't need
  2. Money which you don't have

In both of these scenarios, the money is flowing from Poor to the Rich. In an Interest based system, your car, your house, your holiday are all financed (i.e. you spend what you don't have) and you pay Interests so banks get richer when you spend. The banks build a surplus which is called a "Reserve". The Government encourages the banks to build a "Reserve" and if their "Reserve" gets bigger they can lend more and get even richer.

When the economy takes a downturn, people naturally tighten their belts and do not spend. The only arrow in the quiver is to lower the Interest rates to NEAR ZERO.

Some Government back reduces the rate or cuts it to near ZERO, this means that the "Reserve" the banks build they can now lend to "less rich" banks at a lower rate. It is NEVER zero but it is cheaper to borrow.

The "less rich" banks are feeling the squeeze so they borrow money. In turn they entice Y-O-U to get the loan for the car you wanted or the house because you could not afford the Payments 6 months ago but now you can!

1. Rich banks lend to Poor bank at "Government Interest Rate + something"
  2. Poor bank lend you money at "Government Interest Rate + something + PROFIT"
  3. Islamic bank lend you money at "Government Interest Rate + something + PROFIT = Service Charge". They call this Service charge instead of Interest and LOCK IT (i.e. cannot be altered)

Here you need to understand that the money which you deposit in the bank is also used by them for profit so:

1. You deposit money
  2. They pay you Profit (Government Interest Rate + Something)
  3. They lend your money to someone "Government Interest Rate + something + PROFIT"

As you can clearly see that the system WILL COLLAPSE if you ask for your money BECAUSE the bank doesn't have your money, they have lent it to someone else.

That's why the Government will PASS A LAW to prevent a "run on the banks", in simple words this is just Y-O-U asking for your own money back!

India: The Looming Financial Disaster

Do you know why you get an Indian person on the phone when you call for support about anything? It is because India sold a dummy to the world about its financial structure. The greedy money hungry capitalists flocked to India because they thought India has a sound economic engine and watertight transparent measures.

It does not. India deceived the world, just like Greece deceived the EU before 2000. However, all the manipulation and lying cannot hide reality.

1. IF I lie to get a loan
  2. THEN I cannot pay the loan off because I don't have the money

It is simple.

In banking terms, Non Performing Assets (NPA) is a loan upon which the (original) loan or interest payment is overdue for over 90 days. IF the economy is not sound OR the economy gets weaker then people don't have the income to pay existing loans, this is very simple to understand.

Good banks have LESS Non Performing Assets (NPA)

Bad banks have MORE Non Performing Assets (NPA)

Greece wanted to join the EU so they hid actual Non Performing Assets (NPA).

India wanted the world to invest so they lied about Non Performing Assets (NPA)

However, as Non Performing Assets (NPA) mount eventually the BANK will collapse because loans in the hundreds of millions are no longer sustainable and money is lost. India has the second biggest NPA in developed countries.

India's economy was collapsing, its banks shutting down and in came CoronaVirus (COVID-19) so convenient excuse for failing banks to ask for relief.

www.livemint.com/industry/banking/bruised-indian-banks-to...

+4 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 14:58
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Great explanation. It looks to me that the normal economic vagaries that could bring the Indian economy would get dissolved in the BJP government follies and we'll be left with much worse mess.

+0 -0Agree x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 27th October 2021 14:15
Turkey Threatened Expulsion of US and Many Western Ambassadors

I neither have the time nor energy to go into further details but the western countries demanded the release of Turkish philanthropist Osman Kavala from prison and Turkey threatened to declare US ambassador and many others persona non grata.

This NBC report said that Turkish currency hit a record low as a consequence.

Turkey is among those rare Muslim countries that escaped the ignominy of colonialism when the west came out en masse and over ran the Muslim world.

But we live in the era of economic colonialism. The west is militarily still very powerful and is likely to remain so for considerable future. Then there is their economic might and they use the combination of the two, military and economic might, to maintain economic colonialism in place in the Muslim world.

These are the kind of issues that I wanted analyse in this thread a few related threads.

As I have said in several other threads that having realised my physical limitations I am cooling down those threads for which I can not spare time and energy.

These threads are still very important but I have to but these on the back burner because of lack of resources on my part.

Please understand that due to oil resources many Muslim countries have a lot of monetary strength but all that does not fall in favour of Islam and Muslims but rather in favour of the detractors of Islam and Muslims. For example the first thing that US has done is to freeze Afghan assets in the US. It is our money but it has empowered the US against us.

As I said above, these are very important issues but I can do not have the strength to deal with these. Other brothers and sisters are free to do the needful.
+1 -0