Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

General twitter and SN advice

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 10th July 2014 21:46
Some general twitter advice:

- Don't use it like facebook. I check twitter maybe once or twice a WEEK. I tweet interesting threads and posts from forum and blogs so more can benefit as many many twitter followers are not members here.

- Don't tweet photos of people/women etc. Post the message instead. "20+ brutally murdered by American troops" followed by a link. It says enough without having to add bloody or suffering images. There's already plenty of media out there and those who do care will receive the message and for those whose hearts are closed won't budge even with a million photos or videos

- Follow only those who contribute for the good. Don't follow celebrities.

- Follow @muftisays :)

- Follow other members here if they abide by these general guidelines

- DO NOT POST PERSONAL UPDATES. No one needs to know what you ate for Suhoor

- Don't boast

- Don't hate as that just gets you hooked to discussions on Twitter (yes each tweet can have its own discussion)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 3Agree x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd January 2015 23:04
Yasin wrote:
View original post

As-Salaamu `Alaykum,

Maulana Yasin wrote:
- Don't tweet photos of people/women etc. Post the message instead. "20+ brutally murdered by American troops" followed by a link. It says enough without having to add bloody or suffering images. There's already plenty of media out there and those who do care will receive the message and for those whose hearts are closed won't budge even with a million photos or videos

Honest question: does the discouragement of tweeting photos of people include retweeting people with such profile pictures / icons? There are a few people I've seen on Twitter who don't post photos of faces or people themselves, but it's much less common to find users who don't even retweet other users with faces or people in their profile picture, even though the effect is essentially the same if you're following that user, and even though the albeit smaller picture might still have discernible features.
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2015 16:17
My two cents on using Twitter:

• Realize that the vast majority of content on the site is useless and/or inappropriate, even from some accounts owned by Muslims.
  • Therefore, be very selective about what you post and whom you follow (avoid pictures of animate beings, especially of ladies)
  • Don't get addicted
  • Don't worry about favorites and retweets
  • Don't have the slightest desire to become "Twitter Famous"
  • Fear Allaah.. don't even click on profiles you know shouldn't be looking at
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2015 18:33
samah wrote:
View original post

Salam I just read this now.

To me, following or retweeting a user with a 'dodgy' profile pic is definitely discouraged. I want to re-tweet sometimes but the profile pic puts me off. Unfortunately it's not the guys who have profile pic issues, it's almost always the females.

The best profile pics I've noticed is a zhikr of some sort. I never fail to read what it says on it as it's usualy two words in Arabic like Subhan-Allah or Alhamu-Lillah and I'm sure the user will get all the rewards.

If these posts (discussions and advice/pointers) were in a different thread I'd tweet the thread. Should it be split?
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2015 21:33
Yasin wrote:
View original post

جزاك الله خيرا for your input Maulana Sahib.

[Quote=Yasin]
If these posts (discussions and advice/pointers) were in a different thread I'd tweet the thread. Should it be split?
[/quote]

Yes, I think that's a good idea. I thought there was a thread like that but I might have only remembered your post on the first page.
+0 -0Agree x 1