Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2015 14:08
Anjem Choudary: Radical cleric charged with 'inviting support for Isis'

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/anjem-choudary-live-radical...

Choudary and one other have been charged with supporting Isis through lectures published online

The radical cleric Anjem Choudary has been charged with inviting support for the terrorist group Isis.

Choudary, 48, of, Ilford, east London, has been charged with committing the alleged offence between 29 June last year and 6 March.

Mohammed Rahman, 32, of Whitechapel, east London, has been charged with committing the same alleged offence in the same time frame.

They are accused with inviting support for the banned terrorist organisation through lectures which were published online.

The Met Police have said both men have been detained in custody and are due to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court at 2pm today.
A police spokesman said the men were arrested by the Met's Counter-Terrorism Command (SO15) on suspicion of being members of the proscribed organisation on 25 September last year.

They have remained on police bail throughout the investigation.
Both Choudary and Rahman have been charged under the Terrorism Act 2000.

Sue Hemming, Head of Special Crime and Counter Terrorism at the Crown Prosecution Service, said: “Following an investigation by the Metropolitan Police’s Counter Terrorism Command, we have today authorised charges against Anjem Choudary and Mohammed Mizanur Rahman.

“We have concluded that there is sufficient evidence and it is in the public interest to prosecute Anjem Choudary and Mohammed Rahman for inviting support for ISIL, a proscribed terrorist organisation, between 29 June 2014 and 6 March this year.

"Each man is charged with one offence contrary to section 12 of the Terrorism Act 2000.

“It is alleged that Anjem Choudary and Mohammed Rahman invited support for ISIS in individual lectures which were subsequently published online.

“The decision to prosecute was taken in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors.
"Criminal proceedings have now commenced and both men have the right to a fair trial."
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2015 15:18
الحمد لله
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2015 15:27
Question is which now a lot of people will ask is, why did it take so long?

A lot even assumed that he was working with the government or one of its agencies, hence the open free hand for so long.

Allah knows best
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2015 15:57
I think the case will be dropped. Inviting support is a very vague statement. Choudhury is a very shrewed guy
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2015 02:34
Jinn wrote:
View original post

I think their is very little doubt concerning Anjem Choudhry.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2015 11:25
This is not something to celebrate or be happy about. Some of the comments show why deobandis aew also becoming scum. They just care only about the scholars they worship and everyone else can rot in guantanamo for all they care.

Yes anjem is a very dodgy character who probably is on payroll and isis arw without doubt khawaarij and takfiris bt that is NOT why the kuffar hate them. We all agree with the concept and ideology of isis which is having a Khalifa but not how they are going about doing it. David Cameron openly says if you desire a califate you are an extremist. So why are we celebrating anjem being arrested for desiring a khalifah? Only difference be between me and him is I considered taliban as more a worthy than isis yet this too can lead me to be arrested for supporting the idea of khilfah
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2015 11:39
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

The difference is Anjem Chaudry was around long before ISIS and has been damaging the reputation of Muslims for a long time. As far as I'm concerned, action should've been taken before the rise of ISIS and the reaction would've been the same.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2015 11:48
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

I had a feeling someone would come out with this, for the record no one is happy on him being locked up.

We just disagree with the guy big time, that's all.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2015 12:00
Your missing my point. Im nt defending him he is a clown and has for many years as brother mentioned come out with our of rubbish damaging Muslims and islam. He should have been arrested decade ago with someof the stupid stuff he said but what im saying is the reasons we disagree with him is different to why government is. Same with isis. Fact is most Muslims especially those on here agree with idea of having an Islamic State. The government hate this concept remember the British played major role in destroying the last one in 1924. Anj is nt charged for supporting a khawaarij extremist group isis but cos he calls for khilfah which according to him is isis. I hope this makes sense . Today he might be done for supporting isis tomorrow it could be us for supporting mullah omar or if we live to see hazrat mahdi. U really think govt will say oh yes Muslims go ages go join mahdi we support you. They probably call him biggest terrorist since usama bin laden رضي الله عنه
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2015 12:09
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Need to be careful what you discuss online my friend :)

Another question is does he really have them beliefs he proclaims to hold ? Because I'm sure the govt and the general public would have been more than happier for him to disappear over night to iraq/Syria like many hundreds have done so and never be heard off again.

Why didn't he take the plunge then?

Also this man was given impunity to roam about freely for so long and influence hearts and minds, why did it take so long?

Mate if they govt really want to bang you up for some time(slang for lock you up in prison) they can with true or false charges and it's not hard for them and they'll make an example out of you in the process. Nothing hard for them.

No one has mentioned khilafa in this thread so far except you..... Current khilafa is a farce, we all know that. When the true one comes let worry about it then, who knows if it's to come in our life times or not? But it will bring peace and justice and we all know that not tyranny and oppression like this one.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2015 12:21
Thank for the advice

Look I don't disagree with you with regard to anjem and isis I was just saying as Muslim ee have our OWN reasons to despise them. I give you example. If extreme brealwis wanted to open a masjid but local council and non Muslims said no solely because of their hatred to islam. We should speak in their defence on that issue but still have our own reasons for not supporting them as they're cause fitnah calling our akaabir kuffar.

As for why anjem never been arrested your obviously not seeing the benefits he brings the uk govt. By allowing him to speak his vile they can see who is attracted to his message and arreste them. Kind of an informer. Also I genuinely believe he works for govt. Each time they want to pass a new law they get him to say or do something outrageous in order to get public support.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2015 12:27
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

True you got a point bro.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2015 13:26
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

So what you are saying is that, Anjem Choudhry is an Agent provocateur, who is on the payroll of the Government agencies, and whilst working as a government asset he has done a lot of damage to the muslim community. And the Muslims despise him for good reason. And that he should have been arrested a decade ago.

But you also state :"Some of the comments show why deobandis aew also becoming scum,"

You seem to be very confused.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2015 18:38
I have no evidence but my brain leaves me in no doubt that this guy is a British Agent...
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2015 20:25
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Or perhaps your English needs improving? For last and final time. We love and hate for sake of Allah not sake of David Cameron. We condemn isis because they are khawaaerij not because they believe in sharia law ( on the face of it anyway) we condemn anjem for saying and doing things which are against islam nor because he supports shariah law. Do you understand? ?????? Kuffar couldn't care less about sects and groups. If they attack a Muslim for core tenants of our belief then we all must speak out. Anjum is being arrested because he says I support a califate. All Muslims support idea of califate and desire it's return and if they don't maybe they should take shahada again. I won't be wasting my time again explaining this anymore. If you can't differentiate between a Muslim(s) being persecuted for things all Muslims believe and Muslims being arrested for something which is a crime and unislamic then I give up.

Yes uncle muadh I got exact same feeling as you with regards to anjem. Things he gets away with no normal average Muslim would get away with.

Wasalam
No post ratings