Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Some questions about Maulana Musa Ruhani Al Bazi(rahmatullah alaih)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
samah, Jinn, bint e aisha
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2021 15:24
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 28th January 2021 03:55
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

I find it very surprising that despite being such a high ranking Aalim, Maulana Musa (RA) is relatively unknown to people and I don't even hear Ulama speaking about him much. I asked an Aalim why this is so, and he replied that the reason seems to be that Maulana Musa (RA) lived in relatively recent times. This answer didn't make much sense to me but I think he meant that our people and Ulama tend to focus on the earlier "Akaabireen" more, the generations of Hazrat Thanvi (RA), Hazrat Madani (RA), Hazrat Nanotvi (RA) and others.

Let me mention something I heard in a bayan quite recently. Allama Shams ul Haq Afghani (RA) said that I used to think I have very vast knowledge, until I met Maulana Musa (RA). The speaker of the bayan says that at this time Maulana Musa (RA) was still quite young. How valuable this statement of Allama Afghani (RA) is can be judged by looking at the rank of Allama Afghani (RA) himself.

Allama Afghani (RA) gave Dars of Tafsir for several years and his lectures have been compiled into 12 volumes. What is mind blowing is that these 12 volumes contain only the Tafsir of Surah Fatiha and the first 5 ruku of Surah Baqarah!

Plus, Allama Afghani (RA) was one generation older than Maulana Musa(RA). Over 30 years difference in their ages. For one scholar to praise another scholar who is much younger than himself also speaks volumes about the abilities of the younger scholar.

Another point to pay attention to, is that several Arab scholars have highly praised Maulana Musa (RA). Mufti Tariq Masood (HA) was saying that Arabs do not freely praise Ajamis, and that the fact that Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) is highly respected in the Arab world is a clear evidence of his excellence. The same analogy can be applied to Maulana Musa's (RA) case too.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 28th January 2021 04:17
The Qaseeda Tooba, Qaseeda Husna and Al Barakat al Makkiyah of Maulana Musa Ruhani Bazi (RA) are known for seeking blessings and acceptance of Duas.

Qaseeda Tooba: Collection of about 170 names of Allah swt from authentic Islamic books in poetic form.
Qaseeda Husna: Collection of over 500 authentic names of the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) in the form of prayers (Dua).
Al Barakat al Makkiyah: A durood comprised of over 800 names of the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم)

Syed Salman Gillani, the famous poet, has written that someone did magic on his daughter and he went to different Aamils but nothing helped. Someone suggested that they recite the Qaseeda Tooba and Qaseeda Husna in the mornings and evenings. After doing so for just a few days, the effects of the magic were completely wiped out. (Note: Al Barakat al Makkiyah was completed during the 1990s and I assume that this incident was before that and that's why only Qaseeda Tooba and Qaseeda Husna were recited by Syed Salman Gillani).

Even though the Qaseeda Tooba, Qaseeda Husna and Al Barakat al Makkiyah of Maulana Musa Ruhani Bazi (RA) are authentic, some Ulama are of the view that one should rather recite only those Duroods and Duas that are directly found in the Quran and Hadith. This view is to be respected of course but it does not negate the validity of Maulana Musa's (RA) works.