Maripat, how do we know it is not all part of the ‘mediation process’ the Modi suggested to Trump, and to which IK agreed ?
Every one knows the military solution to the issue of Kashmir is difficult, if not impossible. Pakistani soldiers are not Sahaba, and they have tried 2-3 times to snatch Kashmir from India by force, and failed. The same goes for India, they can not occupy Pakistani held Kashmir by force...
What, if some “wise” people on both sides, decided to ‘resolve’ the issue (against the will of Kashmiri people) by accepting LOC as international border, and live peacefully from there onward ?
Please consider a few points :
• No apparent military solution to the issue, specially now, when both countries are armed with nuclear weapons , and foolish enough to use them, with all its consequences...
• Huge sums of money spent on defence, both on Indian side and Pakistani side, which could be used for economic uplift of both countries.
•Kashmir issue has created such a hostile environment between the two countries that practically India and Pakistan have no trade relations with each other while both can be very good trading partners.
• Those who count in Pakistan, knows fully well that the current movement in Kashmir is NOT for annexation with Pakistan BUT for an ‘independent’ state of Kashmir...and, that independent Kashmir have a historical claim on GILGAT-BALTISTAN. In such an eventuality India will loss its part of Kashmir but Pakistan will also loss not only Azad Kashmir but Gilgat Baltistan as well. India itself may fight the case of Kashmiri claim on Gilgat on international stage, and so will others....
(I am all for the people of Kashmir. If they want an independent state, so be it, if they can prove their claim on Gilgat baltistan, let Gilgat be theirs....but I don’t know about the mind of Pakistani establishment.)
• Modi May not want to be in politics after his second term, same goes for Imran Khan.Both May not care about the negative political repercussions of accepting LOC as permanent border. Obviously hawks in both the countries would not accept such a solution and at least in Pakistan it will be considered betraying the country...only those can take such a risky position who do not anticipate a long political career.
Keeping all the above in mind, it looks ‘possible’ that despite all the public posturing ,the move might may be part of the ‘mediation process’.
In the end,I may be totally wrong and no such thing might be under consideration,in which case, we will have to try and find out how can ‘anybody’ mediate in Kashmir. The options are very limited :
1) India leaves Kashmir after a free and fair plebiscite under United Nations, and hand it over to Pakistan. Why would they do it ?
2)Pakistan conquers Kashmir, they would have loved to do it if they could...
3) India convincingly defeats Pakistan and take Pakistani part of Kashmir. Again wishful thinking for Indians if they think so...
4) A long and bloody struggle for Kashmiri people to win an independent state of their own. It is neither in the interest of India nor Pakistan, as pointed out earlier
5) keep the status co and keep fighting. Very foolish thing to do indeed...
As @sipraomere say, some ‘wise’ people may have decided to find a solution to this problem.
Sir,the definition of ‘wise’ people according to @sipraomere is the exact opposite of it :)
He sarcastically calls those people “wise “ who are utterly materialistic, those who considers Dunya as their final abode, who have forgotten akhira or keeps akhira lowest on their priority list, who think they are the masters of their own destiny and the destinies of others, those who think they can play games with Allah and get away with it..... العیاذ باللہ
Those who are going to join Imam Mahdi are already doing their part to their fullest. And they will be the ones who will see khilafa. Those who are negligent now will not be saved then. Who told you this that these ghazwat will save the ummah? These events will only save the righteous ones. The negligent of today with be the dead of tomorrow. Physically dead or spiritually dead.
We as a whole don't deserve Imam Mahdi. However, those who have sacrificed all of what they have, do deserve him. It is them who will benefit the most from his arrival. The rest is history.
Maybe because the Leaders of the Arab world are complicit (i.e. Gulf States).
And they gave India the green light to take this action.
Very naive statement from Mufti Taqi Usmani (DB).
As per the Gulf News...Dr Ahmad Al Banna, the UAE ambassador to India. On the one hand stated it was an internal matter for India whilst on the other hand supported the move by stating such a move would bring stability and development to the region.
La Hawla Wala Quwwata Illah Billah.
These same nations have been working behind the scenes against the Arab Palestinians for the last 2 decades...In support of Israel.
They have fully openly supported the Genocide of the Uyghur by China.
Have been absent by their Silence concerning the genocide of Rhongya.
To put hope in such shameless people is beyond naive.
The sheer betrayal of the UMMAH by the rulers of the Gulf States leaves one gobsmacked.
My question to the ulema of Pakistan is why did they place the Arab leaders on a pedestal for all those years and why didn't they speak up against their misadventures before this? It's too late now to try to jolt the Arabs awake.
Do leaders of the Arab and The Ajam give a dime to ulema's opinions?
Secondly, not every person graduated from madrassah is an alim. Not every khanqahi is a sufi. Not every person who has spent 4 months is a tablighi. Not every person with a weapon is a mujahid. Ponder on this.
It is the ‘People of Kashmir’ who will decide about Kashmir,not Pakistan or India...
Pakistan must not ignore one big lesson from history, when the enemy ‘sense’ your weakness,they don’t stop at one achievement, they go for the jugular to finish you off :(
Kashmiris should know,nobody is going to fight for them, they will have to fight for themselves. The leaders of this Ummah, from one corner to another, have betrayed them. They will ‘speak up’ only, when Kashmiris make the cost of continuous unrest unbearable for India,that too to save Modi rather than out of love for the people of Kashmir.
There are lessons to be learned from Afghan war. One enemy combatant ‘neutralised’ per day makes it 365 per year...
This cannot be undone and I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.
We apologise but you have been denied access to report posts in this thread. This could be due to excessively reporting posts and not understanding our forum rules. For assistance or information, please use the forum help thread to request more information. Jazakallah