Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

India Diary

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, sipraomer, Naqshband66, bint e aisha, mSiddiqui, abuzayd2k, tanveerzakee, alandalus, moulanakhalil, ssaad, sharjan8643
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#871 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd October 2021 17:15
Taking Stock of Things in India

A few days ago I had shared the following post on my Facebook wall:

An excerpts from HAARETZ's article:
Lynching of Muslims by Hindu mobs have become so normalized that they rarely make news anymore. New laws against beef and interfaith love – termed "love jihad" by Modi’s party – now allow Hindu vigilante groups to attack Muslims with impunity. A pliant civil administration and police force mostly look away, if they’re not actively collaborating with the vigilantes.

Via Vishwa Guru

The situation in India is dire. Will it reach the holocaust level? Personally I would not like to talk of such a possibility. We Muslims of India have a very grave situation and that is what I'll acknowledge.

So what can be done about it?
Who can do it?

These are very good questions but the answers are most uncertain.

Indeed I have been mostly reporting worsening situation and sadly I have not been able to offer any consolation in my posts.

Some months back we were sitting in the teachers club of our university and I was giving my assessment of the situation. A visitor, son of a senior friend of mine, remarked that he was hoping that I shall offer some solution. He was my junior of some years but he did shut me up.

To be honest I have been looking for answers for a long time but I had none at that time, or now.

But this should not be taken as a defeat or discouragement. It should be taken merely in the spirit that we Muslims of India are facing a very serious threat and bad situation. I have lost no hope at all.

At the political level several parties are trying - I have mentioned these earlier.

I have given up on the so called secular parties of India.

Muslim militant activity in India has been very minimal and that too has dwindled.

From our brethren abroad only Princess Hind of UAE and few more royals tweet about us now and then.

Indeed Prince Muhammed bin Salman and the Saudi ruler came to India during one very critical moment and people like me got hope that he has come in solidarity with us. That was not the case. He was simply taking care of his business with India, Saffron India.

Even the Dubai rulers are giving priority to their business interests in India over the sensitive situation of us Muslims of India.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#872 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd October 2021 16:45
Beheading of a Muslim in Karnatak by Ram Sene

Arbaz Mulla paid with his life for having an affair with a Hindu girl.

Such episodes are chilling for Muslims.

The lynchings, for one excuse or other, go in in India today.

What can Muslims do to stop these?

Remedy can come only with the diagnosis of the malady.

All these Saffronite cowards have got this heinous and bold because of the BJP is power under Mr Modi.

Atal Bihari Vajpayee era did not have lynchings.

If Mr Modi puts his foot down then the lynchings will stop immediately.

He only has to announce that he will not tolerate such inhuman acts and these levels of brutality.

Next comes the question of who will bell the cat - who will tell the Prime Minister that he can do something about it?

Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#873 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd October 2021 17:10
Political Front for Muslims of India

By the grace of Allah SWT sometime after my arrival at SF I decided to invest my best abilities for the Deen of Allah SWT.

This is in the spirit of Wa binia'mti rabbika fahaddis' - and they narrate the blessings of God.

And I have to be humble because many other people have done that and are doing that.

Madarsa people are completely devoted to that. So are the Sufis and the Jama-at people and the Mujahideen.

In the Indian political context I have named several past and present Muslim parties.

But in this post I must mention a young computer scientist Sharjeel Imam.

IIT JEE is among the toughest competitions in India and to get computer science at IIT is toughest part in that and Sharjeel got that. And then he has gone to do doctorate in humanities and social sciences at the famed JNU.

And then he has jumped into political activity by organizing protests against the so called biased CAA of the government of India.

The Shaheen Bagh protest of Delhi's Okhla and Jamia Nagar area became talk of India.

For his speeches in that context Sharjeel is in jail for more than a year.

One of the most cogent point that he has come up with is that he insists that others, the Lib-Dems and the communists and the so called secular outfits of India, can join us in our protests but at our terms.

This is a momentous observation and decision and step that is bound to change the political texture in India. It is bound to change the status of Muslims in India. In my view it is destined to compensate for what Muslims could not take care of at the time of partition and the freedom struggle.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#874 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd October 2021 19:02
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

May Allah Taala forgive the deceased, and give the bereaved strength to bear this loss.

It seems this poison is now seeping into South India as well, where tolerance levels were higher compared to the Hindi heartland.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#875 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2021 09:20
Way Forward for Indian Muslims

Maripat wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Beheading of a Muslim in Karnatak by Ram Sene

There are many Muslims in India who believe that we should simply lie low and do nothing about what is happening.

This is cowardice but that is not the main point. The main point is that it is foolish. The Saffronite, the Hindutva zealot, lacks mercy completely and Muslims should not remain under any illusion.

A myth about Hindus should have been busted by now but sadly it has not happened.

The education that was imparted to us gave us the impression that Hindus are very non-violent and tolerant people.

MK Gandhi said that by nature a Muslim is a bully and a Hindu a coward.

What monumental perfidy by the so called Mahatma.

The history of Hinduism includes complete subjugation of Shudras and dehumanization of the Dalits.

And when two dissenting voices arose they, at least an effective sections, dealt with them very decidedly.

Jainism was decimated and Buddhism wiped out of India.

What is happening in India today has the texture that the Saffronite intentions about Muslims are worse than they historically exhibited towards Shudras, Dalits, Jains and Buddhists.

Muslims better sit up and take note of their situation.

And surrender is no option. (This is a phrase that late engineer Ahmed Salim Peerzada used to use frequently.)
Rank Image
London
Brother
#876 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2021 09:32
Quote:
MK Gandhi said that by nature a Muslim is a bully and a Hindu a coward.

Muslims are Brave, Patient and Just. Whilst the Hindu is a COWard, Impatient and Unjust.

Gandhi was so wrong! Or did Gandhi witness the wrong type of Muslims?
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#877 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2021 09:41
Muslims of India Today : International angle

Muslims of India have been very vocal about the problems of the Muslims the world over - Palestine, Syria, Egypt, Algeria, Burma, Bosnia, Afghanistan.

In fact I have faced Hindu ire because of that and Muslims usually do.

We Muslims of India are in serious trouble right now.

Do Muslims of the world care?

Palestinian don't. I have not seen a single social media report where we find ourselves on their radar.

Same, mostly, is true about Kashmir. But they do have an excuse because we Muslims of India have not been vocal about them.

Saudi Prince Muhammed Bin Salman came to India at a time when we were in a critical situation and I thought he came here in solidarity with us. I was mistaken. He came here to take care of his business interests.

Same is true about Dubai rulers. they have put their business interests over our plight. Central Asian Republics have not breathed properly after coming out of a long Russian occupation and rule. They will take time to come to the senses and wake up to their responsibilities towards Ummah.

Turkey acted in favour of Rohingyas, Somalia and Palestine and I am sure they are aware of our plight.

Algeria, Egypt, Syria, Iraq - these are broken countries and we Muslims of India can not complain.

Pakistan has been aware to a large extent that Hindus, at least the Saffronite, have not taken it kindly that Muslims got Pakistan.

Taliban are aware of what soup we are in.

Shah Waliullah Muhaddis Dehlavi wrote to Ahmed Shah Durrani about the trouble created by the Marathas in India, particularly against Muslims. Durrani (Abdali) took on the Marathas in Panipat and decimated them.

When Princess Hind Al-Qassimi of Dubai tweeted against treatment of Muslims of India the government of India might have got into action and it was declared that her account was hacked. (Recently she tweeted again about Assam events.)

At the time of her first batch of tweets a very well known face of Indian Muslims Dr Zafarul-Islam Khan hinted that the Gulf Muslims should pay more attention to our plight and the government machinary went on to arrest him.

The signal is clear - we Muslims of India can not cry for outside help.

Kamala Harris gave a short lecture to our Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi on democracy. Biden did not allow Mr Modi to hug him. And that is all that the US is going to do for the Muslims of India.

The Europe will not do even that much.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#878 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2021 10:16
Maripat wrote:
View original post

I thought this was the mindset of Indian Muslims.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#879 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2021 14:05
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Quote:
I thought this was the mindset of Indian Muslims.

That is Jamiat mindset but sadly shared by some others too. In fact countering this mindset is one of the most serious issues that we Muslims of India face.

Today on Facebook we were discussing the case Mr Abu Asim Azmi, Samajwadi Party brand politician. A brother from Badaut ( few stops away from Thana Bhawan) hinted that he runs the risk of being repeatedly hit by shoes on his head.

So this can be taken as some sort of status report.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#880 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2021 02:45
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Professor Sahab, unfortunately the Jamiat mindset is a result of blind following of Maulana Hussain Ahmad Madni RA's position. Maulana Hussain Ahmad RA took his stand to try to prevent partition. Once partition had taken place, he held Pakistan in high regard. He is quoted as saying, "One may differ as to whether a masjid should be built or not, but once it is built, it is our duty to honor and protect it." He compared Pakistan to a masjid! This was his personal opinion of Pakistan! How far his progeny have deviated from Maulana Madni RA's stand!

It is a principle of fiqh that rulings change based on conditions. Our religious leadership seems to have become severely stagnated due to nepotism and hazrat worship. Maulana Madni RA earned his position due to his struggles, sacrifices, and the strength of his character. His progeny are not living up to the goodwill they have inherited from Maulana's legacy.

Maulana Madni RA was not a politician, but he was a freedom fighter. He carried his shroud (kafan) with him where ever he went, because of his habit of speaking truth to power.

Sadly, there are many ulama today who will publicly say that in international matters, our position is identical to the position of our government, when in fact secular allegiance should be to the constitution and not the government, because governments change and ideologies change.

I do however understand their compulsion, because in the present political atmosphere, dissent with the government is seen as treason, and not everyone has the strength of character to die for what they believe in.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#881 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2021 06:36
sharjan8643 wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Professor Sahab, unfortunately the Jamiat mindset is a result of blind following of Maulana Hussain Ahmad Madni RA's position. Maulana Hussain Ahmad RA took his stand to try to prevent partition. Once partition had taken place, he held Pakistan in high regard. He is quoted as saying, "One may differ as to whether a masjid should be built or not, but once it is built, it is our duty to honor and protect it." He compared Pakistan to a masjid! This was his personal opinion of Pakistan! How far his progeny have deviated from Maulana Madni RA's stand!

Very true.
Quote:
It is a principle of fiqh that rulings change based on conditions. Our religious leadership seems to have become severely stagnated due to nepotism and hazrat worship. Maulana Madni RA earned his position due to his struggles, sacrifices, and the strength of his character. His progeny are not living up to the goodwill they have inherited from Maulana's legacy.

Indeed my dear. To be fair to the progeny they, we Muslims of India in general, were left with a very difficult problem - to live in India after partition.

To be fair to the Lib-Dem Hindus they did not blame Indian Muslims for partition but the Saffronite did. That is the problem that we are facing at the moment.

The task of Maulana Husain Ahmed Madani was to defend rights of Muslims after partition. Sadly he himself declared that his work was over after India got independence.
Quote:

Maulana Madni RA was not a politician, but he was a freedom fighter. He carried his shroud (kafan) with him where ever he went, because of his habit of speaking truth to power.

There was this need to speak truth to the powers after independence. Let me not single out Hazrat Madani here and instead say that we Muslims of India either could not diagnose our problem or in case we diagnosed we did not have the courage to state it before the powers that be - the Hindus, whether liberals or not.

Quote:
Sadly, there are many ulama today who will publicly say that in international matters, our position is identical to the position of our government, when in fact secular allegiance should be to the constitution and not the government, because governments change and ideologies change.

This is the mighty tragedy of Indian Muslims - the Lib-Dem Muslims. They can not express our problems. They do not have the guts.

Let alone the Saffronite Hindu, even the Lib-Dem Hindus can not hear that we Muslims have problems and we would like to solve these.

Quote:

I do however understand their compulsion, because in the present political atmosphere, dissent with the government is seen as treason, and not everyone has the strength of character to die for what they believe in.

Very well said.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#882 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2021 06:43
Facebook is with the Saffronite

Facebook knew of anti-Muslim content from India but did nothing about it. Scroll

During last UNGA session we Indian Muslims saw some visuals from US regarding India.

US President Joe Biden kept Mr Modi at half an arm's length - to thwart latter's attempt at a hug.

US Vice President Kamala Harris gave a brief tutorial to our PM on democracy.

An obnoxious Saffronite anchor from India got several put downs on camera.

And that is all that US is going to do for the Muslims of India.

In particular the social media, Facebook included, is a collaborator of the Saffronite, at least passively if not actively.

Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#883 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2021 07:02
Indianise Islam : Facebook Post

Liberals and some of the Pasmanda activists bhi bhartiyakaran ke naam pe Indian Islam - Mulniwasi waala gyan pelne lage hain without knowing that this very idea or theory was actually conceptualized by Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay, the Hindu Mahasabha ideologue that 'Indian Muslims can't be thrown into the sea or persecuted like Jews in Holocaust.' Therefore they should be Indianised i.e. unki shudhhi yaa Bhartiyakaran hona chahiye. Madan Mohan Malviya also had a similar opinion.
So. Question arises that what is Bhartiyakaran?
Naseeruddin Shah marrying a Brahmin and leaving his faith and asking Muslims to follow the suit is also a process bhartiyakaran 😀
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#884 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2021 10:24
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Very true, Professor Sahab.

Facebook is foremost a business (as are most other social media platforms). In order to do business in any country, they need to be in sync with the policies of the host country. If Islamophobia is the flavor of the day in a certain country, it is good for business to promote Islamophobic content in that country.
In the war between profits and corporate social responsibility, it will always be profits that win out in the end.

Professor Sahab, you are absolutely correct when you state that Indian Muslims have to rely on themselves for their own survival, as there will likely be no major outside assistance of any kind.

We have simultaneous challenges on many fronts. We have the talents, we have the resources, and we have the numbers. What is sorely required is a well thought out strategy under a bold and audacious leadership.

May Allah Taala make it easy for us, ameen.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#885 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2021 06:23
Maulana Nadvi DB's political advice to Muslims

youtube . com/watch?v=bobtSZoqFe4

Summary:

In any society, the leader of Muslims in their political, economic, religious, and martial matters should be a Muslim.

Indian Muslims should abandon the thought of relying on non Muslims to represent them politically. Muslims should rally round a Muslim leader who will carry their voice to the legislature.

Ulama need to come out openly and designate a Muslim leader that will be the face of the Muslims in this upcoming UP election.

I had a difference of opinion with Barrister Asaduddin Owaisi in a previous meeting of the AIMPLB, but I hold no grudge against Owaisi Sahab due to that difference of opinion. I deem him to be the most appropriate face of political leadership for Muslims today.

It is an abominable slander against Barrister Asaduddin Owaisi by certain sections of Muslims who claim that he is an agent of the BJP/RSS. Those making these allegations should provide valid proofs and terminate his membership to the AIMPLB. Else, they should desist from the slander.

Akhilesh Yadav is in error when he does not act according to the advice of his paternal uncle, who is more experienced in matters of political strategy.

NOTE: Professor Sahab, if you can spare the time, I'd appreciate your feedback on Maulana's talk.

EDIT: To mods, I've accidentally posted this in the wrong thread. If you would kindly move it to the "India Diary" thread, I'd appreciate it. I'm sorry about the mess up.

Jump to page: