Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

India Diary

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, sipraomer, Naqshband66, bint e aisha, mSiddiqui, abuzayd2k, tanveerzakee, alandalus, moulanakhalil, ssaad, sharjan8643
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#841 [Permalink] Posted on 25th September 2021 14:16
Why is my task difficult?

At the moment I am listening to this video and I have covered only about 15 minutes of it.

It is exceedingly boring. An old man, former governor of J&K is speaking and then CDS of India Gen Rawat will speak who will make some reference to clash of civilizations and I want the specific words. Just to write a couple of sentences I have to go through a long and boring video, process the info and assess the contents and give extract in a short form. It takes time and it takes energy.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#842 [Permalink] Posted on 25th September 2021 15:14
Shekhar Gupta Analysis

The US focus has shifted away from Muslim world and it sees China as the pre-eminent thread leaving Afghanistan in the guardianship of Russia, China and Pakistan.

Rise of Taliban might give some people the impression that Pakistan has become very powerful - it is not true. Pakistan has lost all relevance because terrorism has ceased to be number one threat to the world as per Francis Fukuyama.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#843 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2021 03:45
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Mashallah Professor Sahab.

This is something I've thought about for a while now. Materialistic forces feel threatened by other materialistic forces. Muslims have now for nearly century not posed a material threat for any of the great powers of our time. We just don't have the economic and political weight to have any effect on a global stage. I've always felt that it is our misplaced sense of self-importance that leads us to believe that world powers are guided by some deep understanding of the power of Islam to overrun the world. World political powers work in their own self interest. They want to hold on to power at all costs. They look for political issues that will cause common people to rally around their rulers. To stay in power, one has to create an enemy in the minds of the people.

Many thinkers around the world have been writing that the threat of militant Islamism has been greatly diminished the world over. Their reasoning is that the local Muslim populations have put down Islamist governments where ever they have come to power. They have shown that in almost all Muslims countries, the common people do not support strict implementations of shariah. Islamist movements have not been able to sway large masses of Muslims to join their cause. Most ordinary Muslims are more concerned about their own worldly well being. This is actually a very valid observation.

Here in India too, despite the grave situation that Muslims find themselves in, the common Muslim is not concerned enough to leave his own comfort zone and take on the blatant injustice being meted out to the community by the fascists in power.

Islamist movements have not been able to rally common Muslims to their cause en masse, and this is what people like Francis Fukuyama have rightly observed, which is why they conclude that militant Islamism is no longer a threat to Western powers.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#844 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2021 06:45
Rahi Hijazi

There is a You Tube channel giving news in Urdu in BBC style. The man behind it is Rahi Hijazi.

His perspective on Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui's arrest, based on Al-Hafeez's article, is in this video.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#845 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2021 08:30
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah Professor Sahab, this is very important and needs to be put in writing here.

Summary:

When oppression reaches its limit, Allah Taala's Help is very near. Firoun, Haman, Shaddad, Abu Lahab, Abu Jahl tell us that powerful forces always oppose those who call to Allah. This is because these powerful forces fear the Might of the Truth. Truth always prevails, and the enemies of the Truth have always been destroyed.

In India, innocents have been arrested and subjected to lengthy periods of incarceration, but in the end the courts have ruled in their favor and they have been declared innocent and released. It has always been the policy of the BJP-RSS that there should be no freedom of religion in India. To this end, the BJP governments have framed laws and passed ordinances making it illegal (for Hindus) to convert (to Islam or Christianity). The RSS had always opposed the religious conversion of Hindus, and the BJP has now passed laws against this under the garb of "love jihad."

Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui HA and others like him call to Islam, and the constitution of India grants them this right. Islam does not permit forceful conversion, so those who call to Islam will obviously never engage in forceful conversion. They know that forceful conversion will not please Allah Taala, and is of no use to either the one who preaches, or to the one who converts. They also know that forceful conversion will make them criminals in the sight of Allah Taala, as well as the law.

Why are the BJP-RSS targeting Muslims who preach Islam? Some say it is because the government has failed to deliver development, so they are engaging in polarizing tactics to deflect attention from real issues such as unemployment, poor health care, lack of education, social equality, and rising crime. While there might be some truth to this explanation, the basic reason for these arrests is the stated policy of the BJP-RSS to destroy secularism in India and convert India to a Hindu majoritarian state. The RSS has always maintained that India is a land of the Hindus, and Muslims arrived in India as invaders/outsiders. They say that Muslim invaders forcefully converted the locals and ruled India. When the Europeans came, they did the same. They forcefully converted locals to Christianity and ruled India.

The RSS wants India to be a Hindu Rashtra (Hindu majoritarian state). This is the real reason Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui HA and Maulana Umar Gautam HA and their companions have been arrested. All the literature of the RSS is based on the concept of establishing a Hindu Rashtra. All the education imparted through their schools emphasizes the establishment of a Hindu Rashtra. The RSS has given birth to over 100 organizations that are all working towards this end. They have thousands of branches, and milllions of volunteers working day and night to make India a Hindu Rashtra. The Babri Masjid was demolished for this reason. Article 370 was removed from Kashmir for this reason. Anti conversion laws were passed for this reason. Preachers of Islam were arrested for this reason. Polarization of the electorate is only a happy coincidence of these policies.

How can we face these challenges? What strategy should we use? Resistance is only possible if Muslims are prepared to rise. Unfortunately for us, most Muslims are completely unaware of the plans of the plans of the Sangh. The few who do understand the policy of the RSS only consider this to be a strategy to win elections. The people of knowledge who are fully aware of the gravity of the situation are unfortunately fighting among themselves for their own narrow self interests. The newspapers carried stories of clashes in the Imarat Shariah of Bihar, where the police was called to stem violence between two groups vying for leadership of the Imarat Shariah. And, it isn't only the Imarat Shariah, but this division is seen in all our institutions and organizations. If this is the condition of the ulama, one can only guess what the condition of the common Muslim is. How can we possibly hope to counter the attacks of the RSS? I am not one of those who simply resign matters to fate by saying Allah Taala will defeat the enemies. Allah Taala only comes to the aid of those who strive.

When Maulana Umar Gautam was arrested, I had advised all the Muslim organizations to come together and put up a united front to secure Maulana's release. I had called for strong legal representation for Maulana Umar Gautam. I had also called for Muslim organizations to take strict legal action against people such as Narsinghanand publicly indulging in hate speech and Islamophobia. I had called for ulama and intellectuals to generate public debate on TV, print media, online media, and social media regarding the constitutional right of citizens to practice and propagate their religious beliefs. I had asked converts to Islam who were in positions of power to come forward and address the press regarding their conversion. I had asked for people to come forward and expose the RSS organizations engaging in violence and oppression against Muslims and minorities. I had also called on political parties to raise the issue of constitutional validity of the anti conversion laws.

I don't know if my suggestions have been taken seriously, but I do know that these RSS activities will only get more audacious. Today, individuals are being targeted by the Sangh. Tomorrow, Muslims institutions and organizations will be attacked.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not the time to fight among ourselves. This is not the time to engage in sectarian differences. This is not the time to find fault with the methods used by the people of Dawah. It is time for us to think deeply. We must determine how best to channel our abilities and energies to counter the RSS. Legal matters can only be solved using legal means. The arrest of Maulana Kaleem HA and his companions is illegal, but they will not be released simply by issuing press releases.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#846 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2021 09:34
sharjan8643 wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah ya akhi for doing the hard work.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#847 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2021 15:25
What is this thread about?

On December 6, 1992 the Saffron zealots brought down the 450 years old Babri Masjid down.

I was living in eastern part of India at that time. The progress of things to the wanton destruction of the Mosque was a slow process. The Saffron contingent was getting the first taste of success. I'll read the news everyday in the office and not tell my wife. We did not have a TV or even a radio.

From there on wards things have gone from bad to worse for us Indian Muslims.

The current phase of worsening environment is particularly bad - for last seven years.

To make sense of the situation of Indian Muslims is the objective of this thread.

In modern times late Dr Israr Ahmed did most to educate Muslims about Islam and its history.

He did not tell Muslims what to do. His expectation was that if you educate Muslims about their present sorry state a revolution will occur from within.

I love and respect late Dr Israr Ahmed RA. But I am not so sure about the possibility of a revolution.

I would like to figure out what course Muslims can take to change their present sorry state.

In this context the problem can be divided into two parts. Problem of Muslims of India and Problems of the Rest of the Muslim World.

In both cases paradigms are available to analyse the corresponding issues.

At the world stage the analysis must use Edward Said's thesis in his famous book called Orientalism.

In India Sir Syed Ahmed Khan's thoughts still provide a framework to work out the problem.

Of course we can and we should talk about Aligarh approach and Deoband approach but I shall do that in the corresponding thread.

In this thread my objective is to look at the problems of Indian Muslims from Sir Syed Ahmed Khan's perspective.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#848 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2021 16:47
Arrest of Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui Sahab DB

Q: To what stage does the arrest of Maulana bring the current situation of Muslims in India?
A: (1) Muslim League wanted guarantee of protection of Muslims from majoritarianism in independent India. Indian National Congress did not agree to any of the measures proposed by the League and India was divided.
(2) The Congress deal for Muslims was that they will take care of their interests. To some extent the Congress provided the level playing field and equal opportunity in independent India. Muslims, on the other hand, did not make suitable use of it and in 2006 Sachar Commission found that Muslims had representation in government jobs to the level of 1.5 to 2.7 percent. Currently Muslims constitute 14.2 percent of Indian population.
(3) There is the possibility of Muslims of India taking the blame of partition on themselves and hence not asserting for their due in the progress of the country.
(4) Then there was tokenism of Indian National Congress towards Muslims where two people became presidents of the republic. Even BJP made one Muslim a president of India.
(5) BJP brought the Congress Iftar party during Ramadan to a halt calling it appeasement of Muslims.
(6) Babri Masjid was brought down during Congress regime but during Vajpayee government the situation did not go from bad to worse. In fact LK Advani and many others praised MA Jinnah for his statesmanship.
(7) In last seven years the situation for Muslims has changed a lot for the worse.
(8) There has been numerous lynchings of Muslims and the process has not come to an end in spite of the fact that UAE Princess Al-Hind had made very blunt tweets against it. Prime Minister Modi did make cursory remarks against lynchings. Home Minister Amit Shah did rhetorically ask in the Parliament ,"Can't an inspector of police ensure justice to Muslims?"
(9) Though the liberal democrats have been sympathetic to Muslim plight but they have lost all clout with the Saffron dispensation and are themselves helpless under RSS lead onslaught.
(10) Police all over India is adversely placed against Muslims. Very recently they shot dead a Lathi wielding Muslim in Assam who was protesting against removal of Muslim hutments.
(11) A paramilitary force, PAC, is more lethally armed and even more against Muslims and in 1989 gave a lesson to Muslims by picking scores of them from homes and shooting them in cold blood near Muradnagar and Ghaziabad. 28 years later all accused PAC personnel were acquitted for lack of evidence.
(12) At the time of Babri Masjid destruction the CRPF, another paramilitary force of India, posted toprotect the Mosque from the Kar Sevaks laid their rifles on the road and danced.
(13) After 1980 Moradabad riots a new paramilitary force, RAF, was created to relieve Army from riot control duty. At the moment there is no surety about their disposition towards Muslims.
(14) Indian media has turned against Muslims lock stock and barrel.
(15) On the media many retired army officers are spewing venom against Muslims.
(16) Supreme Court of India gave unjust verdict in favour of Ram Temple in place of Babri Masjid.
(17) There have been several cases where high level judges did the bidding of the ruling party, the BJP.
(18) Many liberal democrat public intellectuals have been fixed in one way or the other.
(19) India has freedom to practice and propagate one's religion but the usual rhetoric in Indian media against Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui is that he was running a conversion racket.
(20) Maulana's arrest is the biggest step to put a high stature Muslim cleric in place.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#849 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2021 04:55
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah Professor Sahab for that detailed summary.

In our own limited capacity, our local alim in consultation with a high court advocate has drafted letters to the prime minister, the home minister, the chief minister of UP to demand immediate release of Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui Sahab HA. These letters have been printed out on the letterheads of various local Muslim bodies and scanned and dispatched via email. We have also sent copies of these letters out in our individual capacities.

A group of local ulama have also decided to educate the local Muslim population about the constitutional right to practice and propagate one's religion. This is to be conveyed during Juma sermons today.

Nearby in Jalgaon (MS), a delegation of representatives of Sunni Dawate Islami, Jamate Islami, Tablighi Jamat, Jamiat Ulama Hind, and Jamiat Ahle Hadees, have called upon the district collector and submitted their demand for the immediate release of Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui Sahab HA.

Many of our womenfolk are also sitting in etikaf and fasting to make dua for Maulana's release.

May Allah Taala accept these actions and grant Maulana Sahab HA ease.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#850 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2021 07:44
A Saffronite type anchor interviews Maulana Mehmood Madani in this video.

Like most of the people around MS I too find it difficult to decide what he is saying about Taliban. I have listened to one third video only.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#851 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2021 07:51
After Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui Sahab was arrested there was a flood of videos on the You Tube in protest. There were protests all over India for his release. I was pleasantly surprised to see this level of support for him.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#852 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2021 07:56
Godi Media on Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui

The saffronized media has its own take on Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui's arrest.

According to it he has been running a conversion racket.

He has sweetness and love on his tongue and poison in heart.

He is some sort of master mind.

In fact some of the media anchors are Muslims who are spewing venom against him.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#853 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2021 07:59
Abu Bakr Sabbaq

Advocate Abu Bakr Sabbaq is representing Maulana in the ATS court.

One of the relevant issues he pointed out that the loop holes the defense tries to use for Maulana's release are plugged by the prosecution because Maulana's supporters discuss these things on the social media.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#854 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2021 08:02
Complain of a Dayi

One of the Dayis complained that Muslim leadership, the Ulama, have not come out in Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui's support in a way that is desirable. My view is that Maulana's support is much more than I anticipated. Muslims in general and Ulama in particular are in state of scare in India because of the treatment that is being meted out to Muslims in India today. For example Muslim lynching does not get that much media outrage anymore as it got in first few cases. Muslim lynching has become the new norm.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#855 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2021 08:08
A Stupid Supporter of Maulana

There was a short video, less than two minutes in length, in support of Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui Sahab. The title on the video said Modi's Game Plan Ready for Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui. In the video there was no mention of any game plan.

This video really put me off. I agree that Mr Modi will not like Maulana at all. But the action against Maulana is not coming from the PM Mr Modi. It is UP CM Mr Yogi who calls the shots in UP.

This habit of Muslims of India to see their problems in bigger proportions than reality is very self defeating and not inspiring but discouraging and disappointing.

Jump to page: