Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

India Diary

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, sipraomer, Naqshband66, bint e aisha, mSiddiqui, abuzayd2k, tanveerzakee, alandalus, moulanakhalil, ssaad
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#796 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2021 12:53
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Mashallah, you have a very sharp eye, Professor Sahab. You called this two days ago. The book has been taking off phenomenally the past couple of days. A lot of our non Muslim friends are saying that the book is eye-opening for them. From the contents, it looks like the sentiments echoed in the book are more relevant to Muslims in North India, especially the cow belt. Some of my Muslim friends in South India are also surprised by the extent of the hate and bigotry in the North.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#797 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2021 14:04
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Maulana Sajjad Nomani DB offers hope through his weekly sermons in these testing times, and gives people a plan of action that focuses both on the temporal and eternal. I'm sure, Professor Sahab, that his message and your outlook resonate well with each other.

I am sorry I missed this post earlier so I am replying now.

I have high regards for Maulana Sajjad Nomani Sahab DB.

He is among those rare Ulama who keeps an eye on worldly affairs and does not shy away from speaking his mind and to be seen at right places.

Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#798 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2021 06:17
Seshadri Kumar's Facebook Post

Yesterday I made a post on how I think Muslim and Christian auto drivers are more honest than Hindu auto drivers.
I shared this on a college Discord (similar to WhatsApp) group.
One guy got very offended. He said that I was being bigoted against Hindus. This was my response to him.
It's not bigotry.
I am just stating my experience.
Auto rickshaw drivers have a reputation. You are from Chennai. You know what reputation they have there. I do too. In Chennai, they never even use the meter. Every trip has to be negotiated in advance at astronomical rates.
Bangalore is better. People here often use the meter, but they often ask for more than the meter in advance. I used to work in ITPL in Whitefield and live in Bellandur about 12 years ago. The fare was around 70 rupees. In the evening, after 6.45 pm, the autos at ITPL used to demand 300 to take me home.
But once in a while you get honest drivers.
It has just been my experience that only very few Hindu drivers have not tried to shaft me. But I have never encountered a Muslim or Christian driver who tried to cheat me. This does not mean, of course, that there are no cheats in those communities, just that I have never encountered any.
That's my experience, and obviously it is not a statistically sound experiment, even though it is based on years of experience in taking autos for travel in Bangalore.
But yes, it is my experience and so, until I have reason to doubt it, that's what I believe right now.
Let me be absolutely frank. My experience indicates that I am far less likely to encounter honest Hindu drivers than Muslim drivers.
And it is not just auto drivers. When I have encountered technicians to repair my water filter or microwave or anything else, I have been very impressed with the Muslim technicians. This is not about cheating you of money, but about diligence, which is a different kind of honesty.
This is not based on one or two experiences. I have been back in India for 15 years now, and I have formed this positive opinion of the community.
So the point is not to say that Hindus are bad. It is to say that I have found the Hindus to be average and the Muslims to be above average in character.
That is my observation, my experience over the last 15 years. It is limited to the people I have encountered in the service sector - auto drivers, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, car drivers, etc. I do feel more comfortable with their work ethic and their integrity.
I am terribly sorry if this offends you so much, but I would like to ask you if you are equally offended by all the negative propaganda spread by the IT cell of the BJP about this community - that they are untrustworthy, unpatriotic, trying to seduce your daughters in love jihad, killing your beloved mother the cow, collaborating with Pakistan to destabilize India, and so on. Do you take up cudgels against them for their organized vilification campaigns the way you were against me for sharing my honest opinion based on my personal experience?
I disagree that what I said was bigoted. I genuinely felt this way based on 15 years of experience living in India.
I shared it because I wanted people to get a counter example because there is so much negativity about the community in India. To give some balance.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#799 [Permalink] Posted on 31st March 2021 15:02
These Twelve Muslims Must Be Innocent

JAIPUR: In a major verdict, the Jaipur district court has given life sentences to 12 of 13 alleged SIMI members arrested in 2014, while one of the accused has been acquitted.

All the youngsters were engineering students who had links with the terrorist organisation 'Indian Mujahideen' when they were arrested in March 2014 by ATS and SOG of Rajasthan Police.

The sleuths of the ATS (Anti-Terrorism Squad) and SOG (Special Operations Group) had arrested 13 suspects from Jaipur, Sikar, Pali, and Jodhpur in March 2014 after receiving inputs from the ATS in Delhi who had interrogated some terrorists in the national capital. The Rajasthan youths were allegedly acting as sleeper cells.

The trial was going on in the district court for the past seven years. The acquitted youth Chhotu Khan, son of Mashraf Iqbal, is a resident of Jodhpur.

The 13 suspected youths arrested from different parts of Rajasthan in 2014 were accused of being associated with SIMI, a banned organisation, and were allegedly engaged in activities like making bombs to carry out terrorist activities in Rajasthan. The prosecution presented several pieces of evidence, including 178 witnesses.

The ATS in Rajasthan had also claimed that one Omar, a relative of Maruf, who was arrested from Jaipur, had approached these youths through the internet to activate SIMI’s sleeper cell. Following this, these youngsters became active and got involved in terrorist activities.

However, the ATS and SOG apprehended these 13 youths before they could carry out any attack. Public advocate Liaquat Khan had pleaded this case in court.

"All 12 accused were found guilty in the case of sedition under IPC sections of 121 and 122. We pleaded and convinced the court that the life sentence is the minimum punishment in the sedition case and the court accepted all our arguments and has given life sentence to all these criminals. Besides sedition, we had also charged them under various sections of the UAPA Act and Explosive Act and all of them have been proved in the court," said Liaquat Khan from the prosecution side. Besides the life term, the convicts have been fined Rs 1.5 lakh each.

The convicted youths have been found guilty of buying SIMs by showing fake documents, raising funds in the name of Jihad, giving shelter to terrorists and conducting recce for bombings. The ATS had also recovered laptops, phones, pen drives, books, documents, and electronic items from them. On the information of the Delhi ATS, the Rajasthan ATS had registered an FIR in this case on March 28, 2014.

Source : IE
Rank Image
India
Brother
#800 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2021 10:06
Yaa Allah visitors to masjid in India are selectively targeted, while others gather in millions elsewhere.

Yaa Allah zaalim ki quwwat ko tod de, inko aapas mein lada ke khatam farma
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#801 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2021 17:51
ssaad wrote:
View original post

Fascists always find a way to exploit a calamity for their own narrow objectives.

May Allah Taala aid the Muslims against all oppressors.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#802 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2021 04:35
Dr Ishtiyaque Ahmad Danish passes away.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

Dr Ishtiyaque Ahmad was a professor of Islamic studies at Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi. He was a madrasa graduate who went on to do a master's and then a doctorate in Islamic studies from Aligarh Muslim university.

More info at the Institute of Objective Studies website.
Rank Image
India
Brother
#803 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2021 11:26
Tomorrow TwitterIndia will either shutdown or will stop working independently.

They have been dictated either to surrender or quit.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#804 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2021 11:49
ssaad wrote:
View original post

Stop working independently.
Rank Image
India
Brother
#805 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2021 13:47
Rajab wrote:
View original post

We shall be back to "Chithi likhna math bhoolna" "don't forget to send a post card"..... soon a reality,
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#806 [Permalink] Posted on 29th June 2021 14:12
Karan Thapar interviews Professor Radha Kumar on Taliban

Here
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#807 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2021 04:02
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Summary:

India on the back-foot. Role in Afghanistan will be scaled down. Pakistan ceasefire, engagement with Kashmir all outcomes of changing power balance in the region due to the second rise of the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The ru'b of a Mu'min is felt thousands of miles away.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#808 [Permalink] Posted on 1st July 2021 18:44
The case of Maulana Muhammad Umar Gautam and Mufti Jehangir Qasmi in India is heart breaking.

Maulana is a revert who would assist Muslim reverts with legal documentation when they embraced Islam. Mufti Jehangir Qasmi assisted Maulana Umar Gautam.

Elections are close, so the political dispensation raised a "forced conversion racket" allegation on Maulana Umar Gautam and Mufti Jehangir Qasmi, and arrested them to distract from the failures of the government on all fronts during the second wave of the COVID pandemic in India.

Arab News had done a piece in 2013 in praise of Maulana Umar Gautam and his dawah activities.

May Allah Taala make it easy for Maulana Umar and Mufti Jehangir to ride out this storm and bring them safely back to their loved ones, ameen.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#809 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2021 09:13
Hazrat Maulana Sajjad Nomani Sahab has been among those rare Maulawis who have been talking about the worldly issues faced by Indian Muslims. In the middle of all the time negative and bad news coming about the Muslims of India his speeches have been a source of solace to 18 to 22 crore Muslims of India.

At the time of Advent of the Taliban, that is on Aug 16, 2021, he gave a statement that was appreciative of Taliban.

And all hell broke loose.

After that he has to give explanations after explanations to save his skin.e again.

Here is his latest video where he is seen giving explanation once again.

Then there is this interview of a very well known diplomat Shyam Saran by Karan Thapar.

Karan is supposed to be a liberal and in his two interviews of Pakistani National Security Advisor, Moeed Yusuf, he has shown his Khaki shorts. This interview is very hypocritical on part of the two parties.

In this report the Hindu informs us about arrival in Kabul of Daesh, Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed operatives using Taliban flag.

Karan says there are a thousand such fighters while Shyam Saran is extravagant and jacks up the number to ten thousand.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#810 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2021 09:22
This report in the DNA says:

Quote:
The Taliban will be forming a government in Afghanistan before the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks that triggered the US invasion and its ouster.

20 years is a long time for which the US occupied Afghanistan. They did have their ignominous exit but to insinuate that it is altogether so quick for Taliban return is not so benign a suggestion.

Jump to page: