Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

India Diary

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, sipraomer, Naqshband66, bint e aisha, mSiddiqui, abuzayd2k, tanveerzakee, alandalus, moulanakhalil, ssaad, sharjan8643, Honest servant
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1066 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2021 01:53
Honest servant wrote:
View original post

Parties are formed based on political ideologies. There will always be differences of opinion in political ideologies. If a party were to abandon its political ideology, it would cease to exist.

Muslim political parties will not be able to come together on their own, because they are unable to rise above political differences. These parties are able to see the fragmentation in Muslim society and realize the need for unity, but at the same time they are unable to reconcile political differences among themselves. Only someone who is an outsider and nonpolitical can help these Muslim political parties rise above their political differences and come together for a common good, without having to abandon their respective political ideologies.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1067 [Permalink] Posted on 4th December 2021 07:19
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Pending Posts:
(1) Meeting with Dr Shaheer Khan
(2) Meeting with Prof Ariful Islam and Amir Mintoee
(3) Issue of US Veterans
(4) Issue of former soldiers in India

(1) Meeting with Dr Shaheer Khan

My focus in my stint at SF and MS has been the situation of Islam and Muslims in India in particular and the world in general.

At the world level the Muslim world has been under the western thumb for about one quarter of a millennium.

We have to come out of that and take a respectable place in the global scheme.

In India we are under the thumb of majority Hindu community be one pretext or another.

Empowerment of Muslims of India is the local problem of Muslim Ummah in India.

Dr Shaheer Khan is a Chemistry professor in the US and an Alig - a graduate of our university.

He is among those who have organized Aligs in US into an influential body.

Of course their group is not as powe rful as the Jewish lobby in the US.

How can our Aligs in US build a pressure group that has realized its optimum potential?

How can their potential be used in favour of the MUslim Ummah.

These are the types of question that I wanted to discuss with him when he was in AMU last week.

When I reached the Old Guest House of the university, where he was staying, I found him in a company of family as well as other AMU people.

I felt a block about discussing my issues with him and after a few minutes I beat a retreat.

I am a lonely academician. Grass root level activism is a different thing.

Now I will discuss my ideas with him over the email and take off from there.

I shall discuss the following issues in the next post IA.

(3) Issue of US Veterans

Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1068 [Permalink] Posted on 4th December 2021 08:26

I have been doing this intellectual cud-chewing for nearly one and half a decade and if it is worth while then it should apply at the ground and practical level.

About global level actions I wanted to have a chat with Dr Shaheer Khan that I have written about in above post.

For some practical work at Indian level I had a meeting with Professor Ariful Islam and Mr Amir Mintoee.

Professor Ariful Islam has the most thorough and accurate assessment of the political situation of Indian Muslims and an Aligarian, AMU graduate, Ahmed Saleem Pirzada launched a political party, the Parcham Party of India, on the basis of his political ideas. Sadly Mr Pirzada is no more and in his life he did not see any political success. Mr Amir Mintoee is a student level political activist operating with Professor Ariful Islam's ideology and he is much influenced by late engineer Ahmed Salim Pirzada.

India currently is under Saffron juggernaut and Professor Ariful Islam's political analysis is based on the critical view of the Indian National Movement and does not incorporate the Saffron dynamics.

Currently the Saffron movement is at its peak and nothing is working face of its momentum. As a result both Professor Ariful Islam and Mr Amir Mintoee were is rather passive mood.

One interpretation of the situation will be that it is me who is cut-off from ground reality and Indian Muslims (and perhaps the global Muslim Ummah) are going down the drain.

In my view Mr Asdaduddin Owaisi and/or Dr Sharjeel Imam, who is in jail for his activism against CAA, will ultimately end up addressing the situation of Indian Muslims.

I have not communicated this yet to Mr Amir Mintoee but to Professor Ariful Islam I have.

His remark was that it will take twenty years.

I'll prefer a time frame of five years.

And the rest is up to Allah SWT.

I shall discuss the following issues in the next post IA.

(3) Issue of US Veterans

Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1069 [Permalink] Posted on 4th December 2021 08:40
(3) Issue of US Veterans

The west and hence the world has a very skewed view of Islam and Muslims.

We Muslims are responsible partly for this state of affairs.

To change this state of affairs is completely up to us.

In this regard an idea has been churning in my mind for some time.

Taliban, with help of Pakistan and Indian Muslims, should organize a month long visit of Muslim spiritual figures like Mufti Abul Qasim Nomani, Muhtamin Darul Uloom, Maulana Sajjad Nomani, Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui, Maulana Tariq Jameel, Maulana Tariq Masood and Pir Zulfiqar Ahmed Naqshbandi to the US to address gatherings of US veterans.

These spiritual figures should be first taken to Afghanistan, not necessarily at a time, to interact with those Afghan families that have been wronged by the US and NATO forces. The Taliban should arrange that these families forgive the US soldiers. After all the soldiers were just following orders.

This would take the guilt off the veterans' heart and heal their psyche.

The way general forgiveness by Taliban will ultimately help in the assessment of Taliban this gesture too will be of immense help.

The logistics and the expenses should be born by the US.

I intend to write about the following topic in the next post.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1070 [Permalink] Posted on 4th December 2021 08:45

The suicide trend among former soldiers of India, who have a suicide rate perhaps due to Kashmir posting, should be dealt with in the same manner. This time the task is easier because only Indian spiritual figures will be involved and they can talk in Urdu.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1071 [Permalink] Posted on 4th December 2021 10:05
Bismillah
I just don't understand why should one reach these US soldier veterans and that too forgive them. It is easily said. Personally I myself couldn't accept it the way they committed atrocities. First these points should be taken to those Muslims who have lost their families or those who went through the torture in jails. Only they have the right to decide if they can forgive or not.

I don't agree that they were just carrying orders. Were they compelled to join the force and commit the crimes? Yes few veterans have come forward to expose the crimes but majority are with the oppressors and oppressors themselves. Sorry I couldn't take it seeing how they killed innocents including women, children, old and young.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1072 [Permalink] Posted on 4th December 2021 13:35
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

We don't have the authority or right to forgive them. I would leave it each individual victim's family member to decide if they want to forgive them in this world and ultimately Allah (al hakam and al 'adl) will decide in the hereafter.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1073 [Permalink] Posted on 4th December 2021 16:52
Bismillah
I feel the same. We didn't go through the trials that they went through or have the pain like them losing their loved ones, health, properties and what not. Only they have the right to forgive those who oppressed and wronged them. Also the enemies don't come around seeking their forgiveness. I don't get this why should the oppressed go around seeking the enemies who committed the worst crimes against them to forgive them. It is difficult for me to take this idea. Allahu alam

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1074 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2021 06:17
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Quote:
This would take the guilt off the veterans' heart and heal their psyche.

The way general forgiveness by Taliban will ultimately help in the assessment of Taliban this gesture too will be of immense help.

Mashallah, Sir, a novel suggestion. However, shouldn't forgiveness be from a position of power, so that it sends out a powerful message?
I do understand that the aim of this exercise is to allow veterans to heal, because they are ultimately in a very difficult position. Most people who enroll in the armed forces the world over do it to escape poverty (and India and the US are no exception). When it comes to the foot soldiers, very few are legacy, and they bear the greatest psychological burden of killing, because it is their bullets that take lives. It is in the officer class where many legacy recruits come in. And, it is the top officer class that bears the greatest moral responsibility for the killings.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1075 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2021 09:16
Wasim Rizvi renounces Shia Islam

Quote:
The former chairman of Uttar Pradesh Shia Waqf Board, Wasim Rizvi, converted to Hinduism (also known as Sanatan Dharma) on Monday. He will be associated with the Tyagi community. His new name will be Jitendra Narayan Singh Tyagi.

Can we now expect Mr Rizvi to target and demean his new religion? After all, a person's temperament cannot be changed.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1076 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2021 20:45
sharjan8643 wrote:
View original post

Yes I agree with you one Aalim like Moulana Sajjad Noumani sb can do this type of brining All Muslim parties together in one platform and he shall decide who shall represent from Muslim community from one constituency with a condition that all Muslim parties shall support this represented candidate and shall do all efforts to make him win irrespective of which party he belongs to ...

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1077 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2021 02:05
Honest servant wrote:
View original post

Many Ulama, including Maulana Sajjad HA, have been engaged in this outreach program of talking to various diverse Muslim political organizations, and trying to bring them together. Polarization in India is at such an advanced stage that even Hindu secular parties are unable to voice support for Muslims for fear of alienating their Hindu support base. In such an atmosphere, the AIMIM strategy seems most prudent. While they stand no chance of ever capturing power, they might be able to send some representatives to the legislature. These representatives can at least provide the Muslims with some bargaining power. Sadly, most political parties only react with alacrity when their own survival is at stake. No other calamity, no matter how grave, generally spurs them into decisive action. Many parties are even now lying dormant, in the hopes that political tides will turn on their own due to anti incumbency. Many political analysts think this will take about 20 years.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1078 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2021 16:28
India's chief of defence staff has died in a helicopter crash. There will be conspiracies but I think it was just a crash out of ordinary due to bad weather. Everyone has a time to go and not everything has to be suspicious.
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#1079 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2021 16:48
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1080 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2021 16:33
Remembering Salim Pirzada

Tomorrow people who were associated with late engineer Ahmed Salim Pirzada, founding President of the Parcham Party of India, will organize a memorial meeting for him. Mr Pirzada died in 2017.

During the freedom struggle Muslims or at least some of them became concerned with their future in independent India.

It was clear that after independence India would return to a modern democratic rule and not to the Muslim rule. Will Muslims become subservient to the Hindus who were and are in majority in India.

The Indian National Congress view was that Muslims will enjoy equal rights in independent India and equal status.

Muslim League wanted concrete measures for the same effect.

The Indian National Congress rejected all proposals. The last one, the Cabinet Mission Plan, was thwarted by Jawaharlal Nehru very close to the independence eve.

In 1940 the Muslim League had already advanced the Pakistan proposal for Muslim majority areas.

The Saffron type Hindus interpret it as if Muslims have lost all rights in India.

On the face the rest of the Hindus do accept rights of Indian Muslims but have been very antagonistic towards Pakistan.

The general trend in India, for both the Saffron type and Liberal type Hindus, has been to be aggressive towards Pakistan.

India has been giving grief to Pakistan all through out the history of the independence.

The same is expected of all the Muslims.

Most of the Muslims comply this unexpressed sentiment of Hindus.

Including Jamiat-e-Ulama-e-Hind, the Madanis and even Asadduddin Owaisi.

Engineer Ahmed Salim Pirzada and people associated with him have so far managed to avoid this fate.

Mr Pirzada was among those rare politicians who worried about the condition of Muslims in independent India.

Owing to the ideology worked out by his friend, my friend, Professor Ariful Islam, he tried to steer Indian Muslims to vote for Muslim parties.

He had little success.

In 2017 he was no more.

Before that in 2014 Narendra Modi came to power and a very new era of majoritarianism started in India.

It is in this background that we meet tomorrow, IA, to remember late engineer Ahmed Salim Pirzada.

I'll speak among these people and that will be my first opportunity.

Jump to page: