Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

India Diary

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, sipraomer, Naqshband66, bint e aisha, mSiddiqui, abuzayd2k, tanveerzakee, alandalus, moulanakhalil, ssaad, sharjan8643, Honest servant
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1051 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2021 15:36
Bismillah
As Muslims are scattered, it is difficult and challenging to convince all the Muslims to come under one party. Social media can be a strong platform to reach Muslims but still situation differs widely. I see Muslims in TN are feeling strongly that Owaisi is splitting votes. The vellore constituency where Owaisi stood has major Muslim population but as the votes got split, a bjp candidate won, quite surprising. So far BJP didn't earn single MLA seat and this year, they got four seats. Sadly they won in two constituencies where there were more Muslim voters. The other Muslim constituency had Muslims vote split because of actor Kamal and sadly majority of Muslim youths voted for him thinking he will bring change when he is a poisonous fellow. If we are able to reach Muslim organisations here and get them convinced with your points, something positive can happen bi idnillah but definitely challenging unless Allah makes it easy. May Allah SWT unite us Muslims. Aameen

report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1052 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2021 17:07
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

Respected sister, social media still does not play a significant role in mobilizing votes. Votes can only be won by working on the ground, talking to all segments, ironing out differences, balancing opposing demands, and a willingness to compromise for the greater good. Social media is only an echo chamber for like minded fanboys and fangirls. Very little actual debate and canvassing happens on social media.

Tactical voting requires that Muslim leaders from various segments and backgrounds come together in support of an agreed upon candidate/political party. Sadly, there is far too much fragmentation and not enough farsightedness among local Muslim political leaders. Our religious leaders will need to step up and educate and guide our masses so that they also become politically savvy. This is just another hat they will need to wear, in addition to the other services they are already providing in our communities.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1053 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2021 17:54
Bismillah
If you take Tamilnadu state, majority of the Muslims voted for DMK to remove ADMK which was in hands of BJP. There might be few fragment that voted for other parties as I mentioned in my previous post. What I want to say is somehow Muslims are working on a state level. Now the Muslims of neighbouring states should be united to vote for one party and it should be extended throughout India. There will be always few fragments but that can be insignificant when majority stand together. Now I do not know how to bring this union. Again there is also language barrier. Allahu alam
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1054 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2021 07:58
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

Thank you sister for your valuable input.

In last few elections I have been receiving posts on Facebook where there is an impeccable argument that secular parties lost a few seats because of Owaisi eating into Muslim votes. I do not deny that. I am working on a response to this ground reality.

For the record the main points that I am pushing for right now are not mine but mostly borrowed from Professor Ariful Islam.

He is retired from active service of our university and he himself is in a rather dejected and discouraged state of affairs. I feel this lack of positive results is due to initial hiccups of any new process.

I expect the efforts to start giving positive results in future.

Yesterday I had a meeting with Professor Ariful Islam and Mr Amir Mintoee. Amir is the boy who went to jail for CAA protests in AMU. His efforts in that context are second only to Sharjeel Imam.

Dr Sharjeel Imam him self had promised that he will meet me when he comes to Aligarh but then the things got out of hand CAA protests ensued and now he is in jail but luckily he has got bail in case of AMU speech. The Shaheen Bagh speech bail is still pending.

Sharjeel Imam's idea is that others can join us in our task but at our terms.

Asaduddin Owaisi has been doing the things in that way for years.

I suppose sooner or later the things will reach Tamil Nadu too.

I hope this post covers some of the concerns that you have expressed.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1055 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2021 09:53
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Sharjeel Imam's idea is that others can join us in our task but at our terms.

Asaduddin Owaisi has been doing the things in that way for years.

Exactly, Sir.

This paradigm shift is the change that needs to happen, and Janab Owaisi Sahab will have to dodge all the "BJP B-Team" barbs and brickbats from friend and foe alike, and slog on. It is a long-term goal, and when it comes to fruition, Muslims will inshallah have a decisive political presence.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1056 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2021 10:34
Bismillah
Can you kindly elaborate on this?
'Sharjeel Imam's idea is that others can join us in our task but at our terms,

What sort of terms?
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1057 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2021 10:44
Bismillah
Also it would be good to bring out all the points strongly and make a you tube video. Awareness can still be created through such platforms when the video gets widely circulated. Many Muslim youths create such awareness including TN and it is easy reach them using such medias When the youth get convinced with the idea, it is easy to reach their families and so on. We should not underestimate such platforms because sitting at home, we see what is happening up north or anywhere through such YouTube channels. I am sure it will have an impact in shaa Allah.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1058 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2021 11:13
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Bismillah
Can you kindly elaborate on this?
'Sharjeel Imam's idea is that others can join us in our task but at our terms,

What sort of terms?

Sharjeel Imam is the main spirit behind the Shaheen Bagh protest. The Dadis and Nanis of Saheen Bagh became famous but the government knew about the brain behind the protests.

The leftists tried to hijack the protest in their favour.

Sharjeel gave a call for the withdrawal of the protest.

It is in this context that he said that all kind of people are welcome to the protest but the leadership will be ours - read Muslims.

Basically ever since the independence not only the Congress but even the leftists do not want an independent Muslim leadership to deal with their problems.

Let alone the leftists but even the Congress gives the impression that if Muslims talk about their own leadership then it is communal.

There have been very weak and feeble attempts by Muslims to solve their problems at their own terms.

The leftists and the Congress and the liberal democrats in general do not want Muslim leadership to emerge.

I hope this answers your question.
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Bismillah
Also it would be good to bring out all the points strongly and make a you tube video. Awareness can still be created through such platforms when the video gets widely circulated. Many Muslim youths create such awareness including TN and it is easy reach them using such medias When the youth get convinced with the idea, it is easy to reach their families and so on. We should not underestimate such platforms because sitting at home, we see what is happening up north or anywhere through such YouTube channels. I am sure it will have an impact in shaa Allah.

Sister so far the issues were not sorted out in my mind and that is what I have been trying to do all these years.

By now I have come to a point where I would like to assert that I have some grip over the problem.

To communicate this to the people beyond MS is the next step.

I'll do that only if I am left with the energy to do so.

But you are absolutely right. Muslims all over India have to be mentally prepared for these kind of things.

We have to communicate to the Muslims that we are not communal if we talk about Muslim interests in India.

We have to assure the Hindus that we do not hate them.

Both of these things have to be done together.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1059 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2021 11:37
Bismillah
I know you alone can't do it. What I meant is there are already Muslim youtubers who have good amount of subscribers. If these people are convinced and have the ability to efficiently and elaborately explain to the viewers, I am sure it will reach the hearts and minds of people in shaa Allah.

We should first write down under different topics such as why we Muslims should come under one leadership, the disadvantages of relying on congress and non-bjp parties, exposure of these parties like how they hate us to have our own leadership and why do they hate that, how they are not helping us, the benefits of taking their leadership against the benefits of having our own leadership, what might be the initial effects of this reform and how to look past it keeping in mind the long term effect on this ummah, how this will help tackle the Muslim issues etc. If we are able to eloborate on each topic, in shaa Allah and take to muslims, in shaa Allah it will reach brother. Convincing is the first step and main step. Then the message will reach in shaa Allah.

Allahu alam
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1060 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2021 11:41
Bismillah
If we are able to write an elaborate article on this in English, I would be happy to translate into Tamil and send it across here. We can start from here in shaa Allah.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1061 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2021 12:09
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

An excellent suggestion, mashallah.

Perhaps we can divide up the work.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1062 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2021 12:44
Thank you sister Umm-e-Khadeejah for the suggestion regarding already active You-Tubers. I'll keep it in mind.

Please understand that a single article will not be sufficient to explain the paradigm or the action plan.

At the moment I am just barely winding down the analysis.

Going to the Muslim public, via You-Tubers or otherwise, is the next step.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1063 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2021 12:46
Pending Posts:
(1) Meeting with Dr Shaheer Khan
(2) Meeting with Prof Ariful Islam and Amir Mintoee
(3) Issue of US Veterans
(4) Issue of former soldiers in India
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1064 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2021 07:35
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Pending Posts:
(1) Meeting with Dr Shaheer Khan
(2) Meeting with Prof Ariful Islam and Amir Mintoee
(3) Issue of US Veterans
(4) Issue of former soldiers in India

I have been doing a grass root level analysis of issues that plague Indian Muslims and the Muslim Ummah at large.

The result is that whatever I find out is related to the current problems by a rather circuitous route.

This in turn means that it is my responsibility to reduce my findings in common terms.

A physician might have a complex word for an ailment but they use common English words for communication.

Similarly whatever I have found has to be communicated to those who can and who should do something about these things.

Above planned posts are in that category.

To be continued.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1065 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2021 00:42
Assalamualikum, sir all these ideas to unite Muslims in one platform with a common muslim leadership I am hearing from most of these Muslim party Or individual etc specifically from Owasi sb , SDPI and others however when it comes to a question of uniting these Muslim party or individual together to achieve the same target , the same Muslim party or individual keep their own views and conditions and torn apart .

Jump to page: