Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

India Diary

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, sipraomer, Naqshband66, bint e aisha, mSiddiqui, abuzayd2k, tanveerzakee, alandalus, moulanakhalil, ssaad, sharjan8643
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#826 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2021 15:30
Update on 2013 Muzaffarnagar Riots

THE UTTAR Pradesh government has withdrawn 77 cases related to the 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots without giving any reason and these “may be examined by the High Court by exercising revisional jurisdiction”, recommended a report filed in Supreme Court on Tuesday.

Source : IE
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#827 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2021 15:50
Former RAW Chief Rana Banerjee Interview by Karan Thapar

You Tube Link

In a comprehensive 45 minute interview with Karan Thapar for The Wire, a former Special Secretary in the Cabinet Secretariat in charge of RAW, Rana Banerji, gives you all the details and understanding you might want. Mr. Banerji’s knowledge and insights are encyclopedic. There are very few analysts and experts who know as much as he does. After listening to him you will know more than most journalists who write on the subject and almost as much as the scholars who have produced weighty tomes. In just 45 minutes you will know everything you need to understand the Pakistan link with The Taliban as well as the background and recent history of the Taliban’s top leadership ie the men who now rule Afghanistan.

Looks like a motivated set up to implicate Pakistan. Some how the blame will, now on wards, be directed towards Pakistan.

Q: What support did Pakistan render from 1996 till 2001 when they, the Taliban, were thrown out?
A: In three phases.
Miramshah
Peshawar
Quetta
Then Musharraf came.
Jalaluddin Haqqani
The information he brings in is rather rich.
Not much details about funding...drugs...smuggling...land routes...Karachi...Iran...western Europe
What other facilities Pakistan provided Taliban? Mainly Hawala transactions
Taking advantage of Hamid Karzai administration Taliban was pushed back into Afghanistan
(Remember it is Indian RAW chief speaking)
Injured commander will be taken to Pakistan hospital for treatment
Pakistan as a safe heaven...supplies...treatment...satellite university townships came up in Peshawar...Quetta....Jafrabad...
Q: Did it continue from 2004 to 2021 or there were stages?
US were indulgent because they were trying to trace O Bin L by infiltrating Taliban, causing defection...high value assets were ( Arabs and Syrian) traced and eliminated by the drones.
The info given to the US was leaked to the terrorists themselves a few days in advance.
Comparison with 1996 Taliban entry ..... this time everybody was surprised by the Afghan Army collapse.
(This is where one feels like calling them lack of intelligence agents.)
Q: If Pakistan's opponents, Shah Masoud brothers, Hazara leaders and others were seeking sanctuary and protection in Pakistan then does it mean Pakistan became very important?
Yes.
Take up Taliban personalities
Mulla Haibatullah
Who will have real power...ISI...Sirajuddin Haqqani
Mulla Abdul Ghani Baradar
He was amenable to talking to the US and hence was not liked by the ISI
2010 - 2018 in Pak jail. Drugged stupour...
Where does Zabuhullah Mujahid fit in the scheme?
When he was asked a ticklish question about the visit of the CIA chief William Burns he stepped aside and allowed the foreign office person to answer who answered in a very non-committal manner.
Haqqani Network
Indian embassy bombing...killing of a diplomat and a defence official
How close are Taliban and Haqqani Network or are there differences?
Everybody is afraid of them because of suicide bombings and closeness to ISI
Two Haqqani brothers...Khalil and Anas are responsible for security in Kabul
Could there be tensions in relation with ISI and Pakistan?
Some impressions about Karzai have been dispelled.
Karzai was deputy minister in Mujahideen regime
He fell out because his father was killed in a mosque which he believed was carried out by ISI.
Taliban may not share power with Karzai and Abdulla Abdulla
Q: When could the Taliban break free of ISI?
Depends on the security of their families in Pakistan safe heavens.

Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#828 [Permalink] Posted on 31st August 2021 07:58
Following Article Lead to Termination of Karan Thapar Column in Asian Age

Karan Thapar | Horrors of 1947 Partition: A selective remembrance?

Published : Aug 20, 2021, 1:59 am IST
Updated : Aug 20, 2021, 1:59 am IST

Narendra Modi’s crudely named Partition Horrors remembrance Day is a very different thing

A “remembrance day” should be an occasion when people unite in recalling an event that should never be forgotten. That is the justification for Armistice Day in Britain, Holocaust Day in Israel and Anzac Day in Australia and New Zealand, or even — if you’ll let me stretch a point — to Thanksgiving Day in America. The intention is to bind people together with the bonds of shared memory or, in the case of the United States, shared thanks. Narendra Modi’s crudely named Partition Horrors remembrance Day is a very different thing. Worse still, I suspect it’s intended to be.

Put simply, the Partition of 1947 was the tearing apart of our undivided subcontinent. But the “horrors” was not just the physical separation. Not the division of land. Not even the creation of two separate nations. It’s what that did to the people affected by it. And the truth is that though 75 years have passed, we don’t have precise and agreed details. The numbers involved were so enormous and the two countries involved so ill-equipped to handle the trauma that we’ll never know for sure.

It’s estimated that perhaps one million — some say two million — people were killed and between 10-20 million displaced. They lost everything overnight. They were uprooted and forced to become penniless refugees, hundreds of miles from what had been home for generations. Wikipedia puts the figure at 14.5 million. Citing the 1951 census of both India and Pakistan — done four years after Partition — it says Pakistan identified 7,226,600 displaced persons, almost certainly all Muslim, whilst India counted 7,295,870 displaced people, undoubtedly all Sikh and Hindu.

About 11.2 million people, or 77.4 per cent of the displaced persons, were in the west. The majority were from Punjab — 6.5 million Muslims moved from India to West Pakistan and 4.7 million Hindus and Sikhs moved the other way. The figure for the east was 3.3 million, which is 22.6 per cent of the total displaced persons — 2.6 million moved from East Pakistan to India whilst 0.7 million moved from India to East Pakistan.

These facts — even if their precise accuracy is debatable — make one thing crystal clear. Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims all suffered equally. The net migration in the west from India to West Pakistan was 1.8 million, in the east from East Pakistan to India it was 1.9 million. And those figures prove my point — it was as horrible a time for Hindus and Sikhs as it was for Muslims. We must never deny that. And our politicians must never pretend to forget that.

Unfortunately, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Partition Horrors Remembrance Day only intends to recall half the horrors, the ones that affected Hindus and Sikhs. And I’m pretty sure he wants to blame them on the Muslims. Or why else would he have chosen Pakistan’s Independence Day for this occasion? After all, he could have chosen June 3, the day Lord Louis Mountbatten announced Partition would happen and set in motion the unavoidable and ineluctable events that led to the horrors?
However, I have a deeper point to make. If his intention was really “to remove the poison of social divisions, disharmony and further strengthen the spirit of oneness, social harmony and empowerment”, as his tweet claims, then should this not be a day when the three countries of the subcontinent remember together the trauma they suffered and never want to repeat? Indeed, why did he not consult Bangladesh and Pakistan and jointly agree on a date that the three countries can share?

Instead, whatever his intentions — and he alone knows them though millions rightly have their suspicions — his Horrors Remembrance Day can only further polarise India’s population between Hindus and Muslims and, perhaps, Sikhs and Muslims. And that will further add to the sense of rejection and unwantedness that our Muslim brothers and sisters undeniably feel. But it’s actually potentially far worse than that. The already frayed fabric of our increasingly divided country cannot survive more deliberate tears. Yet Mr Modi keeps trying. If he doesn’t stop soon all we’ll be left with is the “idea that was India”. A memory, a longing and, yes, deep regret.
Let me, however, end differently. If it’s important we must never forget, then there are also some things we need to be reminded of. I’m referring to what happened to Muslims in Jammu in 1947. I’m not a historian and my research is certainly not comprehensive, but this is what I know.

At the time Jammu was a Muslim-majority city. Yet literally in weeks, the communal riots, mass killings and forced migration turned it into a Hindu-majority one. Both contemporary accounts and those of historians put the numbers killed or expelled in hundreds of thousands.

Writing in The Spectator in January 1948, Horace Alexander says: “Hindus and Sikhs of the Jammu area… apparently with at least the tacit consent of the state authorities, have driven many thousands of their Muslim neighbours from their homes”. Citing Mahatma Gandhi, he asserts “some two hundred thousand are… not accounted for”. Christopher Snedden, in Kashmir: The Unwritten History, estimates that between 70,000 and 237,000 Muslims were killed. Arjun Appaduri and Arien Mack in India’s World believe 200,000 could have been killed and a further 500,000 displaced.

Much higher figures were reported by the newspapers of the time. The Statesman suggested 500,000 Muslims were killed. The journalist Ved Bhasin and the scholar Ilyas Chattha claim that the RSS was involved, supported by Kashmir’s Maharaja Hari Singh. In 2018 the columnist Swaminathan A. Aiyar wrote: “In sheer scale this far exceeded the ethnic cleansing of pandits five decades later.”

So why is a horror of this scale not remembered? Wajahat Habibullah, who’s written about it in My Kashmir: The Dying of the Light, suggests two reasons. First, it occurred when communal riots and brutal massacres were happening right across northern India. In that bigger outrage, this smaller tragedy seems to have been forgotten.

His second reason is intriguing. Sheikh Abdullah, then the undisputed leader of the Kashmir Valley, who one would have expected to draw attention to this massacre, deliberately chose to ignore it because the Muslims of Jammu did not support his National Conference but inclined towards Jinnah’s Muslim League. The Sheikh’s politics seems to have silenced his conscience!

However, now that Prime Minister Modi wants to remember the horrors of Partition, is this one of them?
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#829 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2021 15:20
This is an article in the Indian Express about whether the US has learnt from its mistakes 20 years after the 9/11.

This
is an editorial in the Indian Express about Indian Union Muslim League not standing up for its female cadre.

An article in the Hindu about Raja Mahendra Pratap

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#830 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2021 03:32
The IUML article seems to hint at a common problem. Whenever men and women breach the limits of interaction set by shariah, a woman's modesty ends up being outraged.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#831 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2021 03:44
Why is the writer of the 9/11 piece above so afraid of the Taliban? When they were in power, they never interfered in the affairs of any other country, but kept to themselves in Afghanistan. Maybe the bad rep they got was due to them being true to their values of not betraying their guests (Al Qaeda). However, the guests (Al Qaeda) turned out to be ungrateful of the hospitality of the Taliban by orchestrating the 9/11 attacks, and put the Taliban in a fix. Under the circumstances, the Taliban played the cards they were dealt, and they should be given credit for that.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#832 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2021 13:03
sharjan8643 wrote:
View original post

Quote:
However, the guests (Al Qaeda) turned out to be ungrateful of the hospitality of the Taliban by orchestrating the 9/11 attacks, and put the Taliban in a fix

Non sense!
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#833 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2021 15:20
I leave adjudication up to the owner of this thread, our dear respected Professor Sahab.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#834 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2021 15:56
More accurate perspective is that US wanted OBL after 9/11 and Taliban put the question to Loya Jirga and the decision of Loya Jirga was not to hand him over to the US and an advice to OBL to leave Afghanistan on his own.
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#835 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2021 20:21
Abuzayd2k cannot change lol.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#836 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2021 14:05
Hyderabad 1948 : Operation Polo

Syed Yasar Ali

Hyderabad Police action 1948: Survivor recalls Operation Polo. A LONG THREAD.👇🏼

— Gulnar Khanum, was 16-year-old when India forcefully annexed the then Independent princely state of Hyderabad in September 1948. All the men in her house were massacred by the Indian army.
— "I can never forget that September, it was thursday when the military entered the village. Many fled but we thought staying home can be safer. But the military men barged into our house, dragged all men in the family by their hair and aligned them only to shoot on their head.
— The sound of those four gunshots can never be forgotten. All the men were dead. The military entered with tanks firing in all directions, killing men, burning shops, setting homes on fire, followed by goons raping women, looting houses, and stabbing those running for life.
— My mother begged for our lives, and we ran away like people of no land, wandering in search of shelter. What followed after death were the local goons who entered Muslim homes, raped their women. Many women jumped into wells with their babies to save their dignity.
— Ammah ran away with my 3-year-old brother disguising him as a girl making him wear a frock, and putting bangles to save her son. Ammah came running to me with ash in her hand and started rubbing it on my face. I was a fair-skinned young girl, an easy prey in such war, she said.
— My mother was pregnant with my youngest sister, yet she was determined to save each one of her family like all of us were inside her womb. We did not know where to go, and the sky cried in our agony. The rain never stopped that night; the blood was all over the street.
— We strolled back to my Nani’s [grandmother] house in Udgir, 29 km away from Kamal Nagar, hungry and thirsty. When we reached there, one of my uncles was already shot dead and the other was missing.
— After the military action, a new menace of street goons sprang, harassing women on streets, knocking on their doors at night and throwing stones at windows. We never went back to Deoni; there was no home to return to. We were being hunted in our home.
— Amma would sleep with a dagger close to her side, even after a few years of the tragedy. She started working as a weed plucker in fields, harvesting crops, picking grains to raise my seven sisters and a brother.
— After three months of military action, I was married to your grandfather. Even they, in Kalyani [present-day Basavakalyan, Bidar] went through a similar trauma of the incident."
— The annexation of Hyderabad, with military aggression, is underplayed as ‘police action’ termed as Operation Polo. Muslims of Hyderabad state were massacred in three prong-military invasions, followed by a 3-year economic blockade, disruption of railway lines and & air raids.
— The government-appointed Sunderlal Committee report — declassified in 2013 — states a conservative death toll of nearly 40,000 people. But the oral histories record more than 2 lakh deaths — overwhelmingly Muslims — during those four days of annexation.
— "Apart from killings, the other atrocities recorded were rapes, abduction of women and children, forceful conversions, loot, arson, and desecration of mosques, seizure of property etc. The duty also compels us to add that we had absolutely unimpeachable to the effect there were instances in which men belonging to the Indian Army and the local police took part in lootings and other crimes," reads the report.

NEVER FORGET. NEVER FORGIVE.

Mohammed Riazuddin
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#837 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2021 15:54
Dr. Aafia Siddiqui

(Yasir Qazi's post about Dr Aafia Siddiqui. It does not belong to this thread but then I do not want to activate too many threads at this moment and thus I am posting it in the India thread. I always pray for release of Dr Aafia Siddiqui.)

My first day at the University of Houston (July 1991) was nerve-racking. I felt so out of place, straight out of high-school and in an actual University! I had a meeting in the Engineering School with an advisor who had been assigned to me, but I was completely lost, wandering on campus trying to figure out where the building was. As my appointment grew closer, I began to panic (I was a young teenager at the time!)

I saw an older hijabi lady in the distance (back then, the Muslims on campus were few, and the hijabis even fewer). Plucking up my courage, I walked up to her, said “Salam Aliakum sister” and explained that it was my first day on campus, and that I was lost and desperately needed to get to the Engineering school. I guess she sensed my panic! She smiled warmly, said, “No problem brother! I’ll take you there!” and she literally walked with me to the Engineering school and then wished me the best. I found out that she had just been accepted to the PhD program at MIT, and I was so amazed! A hijabi lady, going to one of the most prestigious schools in the world!
A few weeks later, there was an Islamic conference in Houston in which a number of national speakers came. There, she spoke again. It was the first time I had seen a hijabi speaker defend Islam and speak so confidently about the role of women in Islam. That lecture definitely made an impact on me (see link to that lecture below in the comments).
Over the next few years I completely forgot about those minor interactions – until, that is, her name was on every front page of every newspaper in the country. I could not believe the preposterous things I was reading! The claim that this frail, small (she was smaller than me and I myself am not tall!), petite lady who walked with me on my first day of University could attack and overpower a number of Marines is simply ludicrous. I’ll be honest and say: I don’t know what happened and how she ended up where she did, but I also have no doubt that there is much, much more to the story than we are being told.
Her entire story is a tragedy, and her subsequent trial, life sentence, and treatment are a travesty of justice and a stain on America’s claims to uphold human rights. Recently, she was attacked and burned by a fellow inmate in a vicious attack against her.
There will be a rally outside her jail to bring attention to her cause (I am in another city at the moment and not able to attend). Even if you cannot attend, please spread the word and make du’a for her.

Maulana Makki Hijazi Video About Dr Aafia Siddiqui
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#838 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2021 16:35
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#839 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd September 2021 06:38
Dawah Scene

(1) Dai-e-Islam Hazrat Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui Sahab DB has been arrested after Isha prayers yesterday while going from Meerut to Phulat.

(2) More than a week ago his main deputy in Aligarh, Qazi Ziaul Islam Sahab RA, left this world.

(3) Some time back a very well known protegee of Maulana, Master Amir (formerly Kar Sevak Balbir Singh)) died in solitude in Hyderabad.

(4) Sometime back again a new Muslim and a big time Dai Maulana Muhammed Umar Gautam was arrested, again by UP Police.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#840 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd September 2021 13:50
Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui Sahab DB's case was fought at the special ATS court today. Police were denied custody remand, and Maulana may likely be granted bail tomorrow, inshallah.

EDIT: Maulana DB has been remanded to magisterial custody for 14 days, and another hearing will take place tomorrow, as the ATS insist they can produce evidence against Maulana DB in order to hold him in police custody. May Allah Taala aid the lawyers of Maulana DB and help them prevail.

Jump to page: