» Definetly
68%
19 members | 0 guests
» no he doesn't interest me
33%
9 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Thaminahwilma, Yasin, Taqwah, abu mohammed, Taalibah, Seifeddine-M, sweetmuslimahk1, Acacia, the fake shaykh, Maria al-Qibtiyya, abuzayd2k, Maripat
33 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#121 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 18:49
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

It's almost like hearing Ssaad talk.

He is going off tangent, skirting around the issue, trying not to give a definitive answer - because he knows it's wrong -, but he is trying his very best to say whatever will make the interviewer happy.

I vaguely remember something about him diluting obligation of jihad.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#122 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 18:59
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Well, he completely backtracked in the clarification.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#123 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 19:26
Fact is the platform speakers are not used to speaking to media and are not qualified to speak in front of or to a hostile media.

The journalists and reporters in the media come prepared to do an interrogation. They ask loaded questions deliberately trying to provoke controversy.

Any one speaking to the media needs to be quick witted. Otherwise you will be left completely taken a back by the questions and end up looking foolish.

The guys who spend time doing debates with Christians and Atheists etc. Are usually well practiced in dealing with unexpected questions. If Ulema are being asked to do an interview they should take a back seat and allow those who better qualified in dealing with media to do so.

At the very least they should under go media training. Even celebrities actors, athletes, singers etc. Go through media training these days to learn the tricks and deception used by the media in interviews.

Often the media will invite a guest to speak an a totally innocuos topic on a live show. And then completley switch the line of questioning during the show.

Decades ago we used to get the media turning up at Masjids. We had elderly Uncle Jees who could not even speak English properly making crazy statements. They would say something like...." You see problem is Amrika is big Shaytaan".

We used to put our hands on our heads and say what are these Uncles doing.? Please do not speak infront of media again.

Even so the Uncle jees were not compromising the Quran and Sunnah in those interviews.

What we are seeing with muslim personalities these days is completely the opposite and way worse.

What happens if some young muslim is having homosexual inclinations and hears the interview of Mufti Menk. Instead of reflecting just on how their words will come across to the non-muslims they should also reflect on how their words will impact their young muslim fan club.

As for him doing it because has been banned from entering Denmark and labelled an extremist. Then why is it necessary for him to enter Denmark?
+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#124 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 19:30
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Ot wasnt only Denmark. Being banned from Denmark meant being banned from many other european countries with an agreement with Denmark.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#125 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 19:30
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

You should listen to that interview it was terribly shocking performance. How it came across was Homosexuality is
Absolutely fine and there is nothing wrong with homosexuality.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#126 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 19:32
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Seriously he cant even explain why shaking hands is wrong.

Of course he can. He is an alim, educated, and intelligent. He just doesn't want to.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#127 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 19:33
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

A bit like this..
+4 -0Like x 2Creative x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#128 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 19:39
Menk loss whatever little credibility he had with this interview. Iv never been much of a fan due to his celebrity status and constant lovey dovey talks where all is forgiven and love mercy peace but this interview was beyond the pale.

I mean he doesn't even have any intention of going to them countries so why sell out and pander to them
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#129 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 19:45
I understood the homosexuality bit clearly. My issue was the shaking of hands .

Ahmed Faizan Alam
Quote:

Whoever wants to consider Mufti Menk a mubtade', misguided, sufi, then do it and close the chapter.. For me, I spoke to him while none of you can even reach the level of tathabbut and confirmation that I do...

He was under tremendous pressure for that personal interview and he told me that he was using double entendre kind of speech in an interview which was more like a interrogation after being already banned for hate speech in 60+ countries.. He said that it was a private interview which the madkhalis have leaked out and not a public preaching. Also, whatever he said was OK of LGBT rights, right to speech and freedom of religion, he told me to ask the haters where did he even say it was OK **in Islam**.. He meant to say to the interviewee that all of which you all want to do in Denmark is OK for you all .. And he meant that in his heart that it is ok according to Danish laws, not Islam. He never said its fine in Islam. As for shaking hands with women, he said in his mind he intended shaking of hands with a mother, a sister or a wife and he clearly said, 'it depends'.. It was a really tough situation for him and he was defending himself from unjust accusations of hate speech.

PS: Many of those muslims whom I consider normal, educated, wise & upon the way of Quran and Sunnah, those who love to make tathabbut, those who know how to give udhr to muslims in this age, those who are merciful to believers are my witness on this after Allah and I have shared proofs on this with them.. Not that I like the sugar coat style of mufti menk or I am his fan, I am not.. but I will never leave the justice which Allah wants from me.
Madkhalis are the scum of this earth and will remain.

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156059633786895&...
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#130 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 20:02
السلام عليكم

hope everyone is fine by the grace of Allah سبحانه وتعالى ...

We had discussion Here and Here on Mufti Menk and his veiws on Homosexuality.. i did even sent him query on twitter..

No response.. as usual very few celeb ulema respond to questions by commoners..

duas..

wa Assalam..
+1 -0Like x 1Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#131 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 20:15
Concerned wrote:
View original post

How did the madkhalis find out about the interview?
How did they get hold of the interview?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#132 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 20:16
dr76 wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#133 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 20:26
I first saw the video released by the madhkalis and everyone was denying it was Mufti Menk. The original audios of 3 telephone interviews was on a danish language website. One with Mufti Menk, one with Muhammad AlShareef and a third one. Apparently the third guy was straightfoward. Shareef was a mess.

Mufti Menk could have found someway to explain himself properly, rather than leave people speculating. Did he himself offer any clarification?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#134 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 20:35
Concerned wrote:
View original post

If people were denying it's mufti menk then they knew there was something wrong with it.

Clarification has been posted in this thread.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#135 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2020 20:40
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

It was posted on the website of the Radio Station. With whose reporter he did an interview.

No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?