Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 27th September 2011 12:24
Muslim Ibn Bashir رضي الله عنه says that during his last illness Abu Huraira رضي الله عنه began weeping bitterly. He was asked the reason of his weeping. At this he said, 'I am weeping because I have a long journey to cover and have the least provisions with me. In the morning I have found myself at a hillock which leads to both paradise and to hell, and I know not wither I would be made to go.'

[Ibn Sad Vol IV p62 and Al Hilyah Vol I p383]

Abd Allah Ibn Masud رضي الله عنه says that the Prophet (pbuh) asked me to recite the Quran for him. He said to the Prophet, 'Should I recite the Quran before you whereas it has been revealed unto you?' At this the Prophet said, 'I love it more to hear the Quran from someone else.' Then AbdAllah Ibn Masud recited the chapter of 'An-Nisa'. When he recited the verse, 'How will it be them, when We shall bring out of each community, a witness, and We shall bring thee against these as witnesses..' (4:41), the Prophet said, 'This is enough.' When Ibn Masud saw the face of the Prophet, he saw tears rolling down both his eyes.

[Baihaqi, Al Bidayah, Vol VI p59]

Abu Raja رضي الله عنه said that the cheeks of Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه were just like a spring (from which gushed forth tears constantly).

[Al Hilyah Vol I p329]

Uthman Ibn Abu Sudah رضي الله عنه says that he saw Ubadah Ibn Samit near the parapet (the rampart towards the valley known as the valley of Hell) with his chest resting on the rampant, and he was weeping. He said to him, 'O Abu Walid! What makes you weep?'. At this he said, 'This is the very spot form where, as he was told by the Prophet (pbuh), had seen the Hell.'

[Al Hilyah Vol VI p110]

Abu Huraira رضي الله عنه says when the verse 'At this discourse then marvel ye? And laugh and weep not? And ye are behaving proudly.' (53:59-61), were revealed, the fellows of the Suffah wept so much that their beards got wet and tears trickled down their cheeks. When the Prophet heard their weeping and wailing, he too joined them in their weeping, and we too followed him. Then the Prophet said, 'The man who has wept on account of fear of Allah shall not enter the Hell. If you do not commit sins, then Allah will raise amongst you a people who will be buried in sins and Allah will forgive them.'

[Baihaqi and Targhib, Vol V p190]

Anas رضي الله عنه says that the Prophet recited the verse, '...then dread the fire, the fuel whereof is men and stones, gotten ready for the infidels.' (2:24). Then he said, 'The fire in Hell was kept burning for one thousand years and it turned red. Again it was kept burning for one thousand years and it got white in colour. Again it was kept burning for one thousand years and it turned black. So now it is black and its flames are not extinguishable.' The narrator says that in front of the Prophet sat a black Abyssinian and on hearing this he began weeping. In the mean time Jibreal came and asked about that man. The Prophet told him that the man was an Ethiopian and also told him about his virtuous deeds. At this Jibreal said that verily Allah is saying, 'By My Honour, by My Majesty! By My Exalted Throne! Whenever the eyes of any of My bondsmen weep because of My fear, I will cause him to laugh the utmost in Paradise.'

[Targhib Vol V p194, Baihaqi and Isphabani]

Qais Ibn Hazim رضي الله عنه says that he came to the Prophet (pbuh) and found Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه standing at his place. He praised Allah too much and wept bitterly.

[Abd al Razzaq and it is in Muntakhab, Vol V p260]

Hasan Ibn Muhammad Ibn Alf Ibn Abi Talib رضي الله عنه says that while delivering the Juma sermon, Umar recited the chapter of 'takwir', when he recited the verse, 'Then every soul shall know that which it hath presented.' (81:14), his voice got choked (on account of fear of Allah) and he could not recite any more.

[Shafii]

Hasan رضي الله عنه says that Umar Ibn Khattab رضي الله عنه recited the verses, 'Verily the torment of thy Lord is sure to befall: Of it there is no averter.' (52:7-8). ON reciting this he became so much out of breath that the people had to make enquiries about his health for twenty days.

[Abu Ubaidah]

Ubaid Ibn Umair رضي الله عنه says that one Umar رضي الله عنه led the congregational prayer of Fajr and began reciting the chapter of 'Yusuf'. When he recited the verse, 'And he turned away from them, and said: O my grief for Yusuf! And his eyes whitened with grief, while he was filled with suppressed sorrow...' (12:84), he burst weeping. He stopped there and soon went into kneeling.

[Abu Ubaidah]

Hisham Ibn Hasan رضي الله عنه says that while reciting the Quran, Umar رضي الله عنه would burst into weeping and he would fall down. He was carried to his house, where he lay for many days and the people thought he had fallen ill.

[Al Hilyah, Vol I p51]

Hani رضي الله عنه the freed slave of Uthman Ibn Affan رضي الله عنه says that whenever Uthman stood near a grave he used to weep so much that his beard got wet. Someone said to him, 'When the torment in the hell is mentioned, you weep not and when the torment inside the grave is mentioned you weep too much. What is the reason for this?'. At this Uthman رضي الله عنه said, 'I have heard the Prophet saying thus: the first stage among the different stages of the hereafter is in the grave. Whoever so passes this stage safely, for him is ease, and whosoever fails at this stage, for him is much rigour ahead'. He said that he had heard the Prophet saying, 'I never saw a scene more mortifying and more awful or dreadful than the scene inside the grave'. Hani says that whenever Uthman saw a grave he used to recite this couplet: 'O Self! If thou attainest salvation or ease at this stage, thou attainest salvation and freedom from something very heavy or dreadful. Otherwise, as I think, thou shalt never attain salvation at all'

[Ibn Rizin and Targhib, Vol V p322]

Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه says that once Umar رضي الله عنه passed by Muadh Ibn Janbal رضي الله عنه and found him weeping. He asked him the reason thereof. At this Muadh said, 'I have heard the Prophet saying that hypocrisy, the least of it, was polytheism and the dearest to Allah from amongst His bondsmen is one who conceals himself so much that nobody searches for him when he disappears from amongst them, and none recognises him when he is amongst them. These men are the leaders of guidance and the lamps of knowledge'

[Al Hilyah, Vol I p61, Hakim Vol III p270]

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 27th September 2011 12:36
Hadhrat Abu Umamah Sudaiy bin `Ajlan Al-Bahili (radiallaahu 'anh) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: "Nothing is dearer to Allah than two drops and two marks: A drop of tears shed out of fear of Allah and a drop of blood shed in Allah's way. Regarding the two marks, they are: Marks left in the Cause of Allah and a mark left in observing one of the obligatory act of worship of Allah, the Exalted".
[At-Tirmidhi]

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radiallaahu 'anh) reported: Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "Seven people Allah will give them His Shade on the Day when there would be no shade but the Shade of His Throne (i.e., on the Day of Resurrection): (out of these seven is mentioned) a man who remembers Allah in solitude and his eyes become tearful".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radiallaahu 'anh) reported: Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "One who weeps out of fear of Allah, will not enter the Hell till milk returns back in the udder; and the dust raised on account of fighting in the path of Allah and the smoke of Hell will never exist together".
[At-Tirmidhi]

Hadhrat Anas bin Malik (radiallaahu 'anh) reported: Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) delivered a Khutbah to us the like of which I had never heard from him before. In the course of the Khutbah, he said: "If you knew what I know, you would laugh little and weep much". Thereupon those present covered their faces and began to sob.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?