» I am a female, I dont like Beards
4%
2 members | 0 guests
» I'm a man and I dont have a Beard
2%
1 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
2ak, Taqwah, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, rizmalek, member2, ummi taalib, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Arslan., Maria al-Qibtiyya, ibn Ismail, Naqshband66, dr76, byellow200, Jinn, bint e aisha, seeker123
11 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#241 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2016 15:51
Muslim Officer Masood Syed Reinstated Over NYPD 'No-Beard Policy'

The New York Police Department (NYPD) Thursday reinstated a Muslim police officer who was suspended for not shaving his beard, according to court documents filed by the city. The department also agreed to review its no-beard policy.

Masood Syed, who works as a law clerk for the NYPD's Deputy Commissioner of Trials, was restored to full-duty and permitted to keep his one-inch beard, which he wears as a Sunni Muslim, according to court filings and a statement from the law firm representing him, Beldock Levine & Hoffman.

"I'm excited to be back at work," Syed said in a statement. "It seems like the department has taken the crucial first step in addressing an important and growing concern of officers of many different faiths."

Syed, 32, filed a class-action lawsuit on June 22 in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, challenging the constitutionality of the NYPD's ban on beards. The day before, Syed was suspended without pay and stripped of his badge and gun for refusing to shave his beard. But a federal judge ordered the NYPD to continue paying Syed's salary and benefits, at least until a preliminary injunction hearing which was scheduled for July 8.

Syed was told in writing on June 20 to grow his facial hair no longer than one millimeter, court papers said, or roughly .04 inches.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#242 [Permalink] Posted on 24th July 2016 11:27
مَاشَآءَٱللهُ لَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّابِاللَّه

Excellent rebuttal on the notion that the beard not being Waajib, share it with those who deny;

darulmaarif.com/reply-sheikh-hategekimana-botswana/
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#243 [Permalink] Posted on 19th October 2016 11:08
Beard Health Benefits

Youtube Video

The beard was kept by all the prophets that Allah (God) sent the mankind, Nuh (Noah) Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il

(Ishmael) Ishaq (Isaac) moses, Harun (Aaron), Yahya (John), Jesus and Muhammad and all the other prophets (peace

and blessings of Allah be upon them all).

Although Muslim men follow the command of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and grow their

beards, here are some amazing facts researchers have stated regarding health benefits of having a beard

Prevents Skin Cancer
Reduction of Asthma and Allergy Symptoms
Blemish-Free Skin
Natural Moisture
Stay Young, forever!
Stave Off Illness
Reduce Infections
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#244 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2016 01:38
Everything else aside, the poll at the top is not appropriate.To make someone say"I do not like the beard" is wrong because beard is Sunnah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#245 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2016 09:45
muslimman wrote:
View original post

Quote:
“And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you” – Imam Ibn al Qayyim

Source: AL-FAWAID: A Collection of Wise Sayings

Allah, the Almighty says,which means,
“And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.” (AI-Baqarah, 2:216)

In this Qur’anic Verse, there are several judgments, meanings and benefits for the servant. If the servant knows that misfortune can produce a desirable thing, and that the desirable thing can produce a misfortune, he would not feel secure against the harm that can come from delight, and he would not lose hope of delight to come from harm, for he does not know the outcomes of things. Verily, it is Allah Who knows about that which the servant does not know
No post ratings
Rank Image
Denmark
Brother
#246 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2016 17:49
As-salamu alaykum,

Great thread, definitely following!
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#247 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2016 16:52
This thread is longer than my beard :)

But it needs to grow man, where is everyone? Don't tell me your busy trimming down.

Just grow it {:)€»
No post ratings
#248 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2016 17:30
An Indian Air force Officer is lose his job for his beard. Supreme Court orders he can't keep a beard.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#249 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2016 17:44
Guest-30088 wrote:
View original post

Do you mean this story www.hindustantimes.com/opinion/iaf-man-s-sacking-over-bea... Updated: Dec 15, 2016 16:55 IST

Quote:
Religion has always been an indispensable part of our lives. Man is incurably religious, Indians more so.

The order of the Supreme Court upholding the sacking of a Muslim air force officer in 2008 doesn’t come as a surprise. The 2003 policy of the Indian Air Force clearly specifies that only those Muslim personnel who had kept a beard along with moustache at the time of commissioning prior to January 1, 2002, would be permitted to keep a beard. Thus if one wasn’t religious in 2002, he cannot now start following practices of his religion. This is a strange logic.

On expected lines, the bench led by Chief justice TS Thakur held that the regulation in question doesn’t interfere with the essential Islamic practices and merely ensures discipline. The apex court, thus has invoked the doctrine of ‘essentiality’ under freedom of religion.

The court has taken upon itself the responsibility of determining what the essential/ non-essential practices of a religion are. This obscure exercise draws the court into an area which is arguably beyond its competence. It gives power to judges to decide on matters of religion. In a way, the court takes over the role of clergy. The court said that ‘essentiality’ would be decided as per scriptures and religious texts of the religion concerned. In fact, over the years, the judiciary has been consistently inconsistent on this issue. In some cases, it has relied on religious texts, in other cases on the empirical behaviour of followers and in some other cases, examined whether the practice existed when the religion originated.

In a similar case in Kerala High Court, a Muslim officer had challenged a police regulation that didn’t permit him to grow a beard. The court, instead of looking at sources of Islamic law such as the Sunna of the Prophet on the essentiality of beard in Islam, based its opinion – in rejecting the petition – by relying on the irrelevant fact that certain Muslim dignitaries don’t sport a beard and that the petitioner himself had not sported a beard in previous years.

The ‘essentiality test’ reached absurd levels in the case involving Ismail Faruqui where the apex court opined that a mosque wasn’t essential to Islam.

The freedom of religion, as enshrined in our Constitution, was meant to guarantee freedom to practice one’s own beliefs based on the concept of “inward association” of man with God. In the Rati Lal Panachand Gandhi case, the Supreme Court has itself acknowledged as much by noting that “every person has a fundamental right to entertain such religious beliefs as may be approved by his judgment or conscience”. The framers of the constitution wanted to give this autonomy to each individual. The ‘essentiality test’ does impinge on this autonomy. If religious reform is the purpose, regulatory powers of the state under Article 25(2) should be used instead.

Faizan Mustafa is vice chancellor, NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad

Very sly (in red) because they know the Sikh grow beards and NEVER trim their moustache
No post ratings
#250 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2016 09:44
This officer has two options.
1. Keep the beard, lose the job
2. Keep the job, lose the beard.

Both options, he is losing. May Allah SWT make it easy for him.

And in places where it is called "Muslim countries", where it is free to practice sunnah, we watch, ordinary citizens to rulers, they hate beard.

So the hadith is correct, in first generation, support to deen came from unknown (Ajeeb) place and group. And near Qiyahamah, support to deen will be from Ajeeb people from Ajeeb place. (This is how commentary on the hadith was given by Shyakh Guddah)
No post ratings
#251 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2016 12:03
‏ "‏ بَدَأَ الإِسْلاَمُ غَرِيبًا وَسَيَعُودُ غَرِيبًا فَطُوبَى لِلْغُرَبَاءِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

“Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”
Sunan Ibn Majah 3986

That is the general meaning; But........

Shaykh Abdulfattah Abu Ghuddah (rahimahullah ta`ala) has different commentary on this hadith. Shaykh says, Support to Deen during Rasulullah SAS period was offered by people who didn't had the required qualities ( what the world thinks).

Similarly near end times, support to Deen Shall come from people or group whom the world thinks that these people are no way fit to help deen, means, they don't have the required money, power, ilm, language, culture etc.

May Allah SWT make us one among those strangers who are promised with glad tidings. Aameen
+0 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#252 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2016 14:54
Quote:
7 Reasons Why I Love My Beard

By Anas Hlayhel

I'm proud of my beard. I don't say this in an arrogant way, but what I mean is that I'm not ashamed of it. I don't wear it because I think I've attained human perfection, but because I want to imitate those of whom I know have. I wear it because it's the sunnah of my Prophet Muhammad ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) and I look up to him. He's my role-model. I have it because Prophet Moses 'alayhi'l-salām (peace be upon him) had it, Prophet Jesus 'alayhi'l-salām (peace be upon him) had it, and so did all other Prophets and Messengers of God.

I believe that it is waajib (mandatory). I don't say this because I'm an extremist, but because the majority of Muslim scholars and schools of thought say so. However, that doesn't make me any better than you. Actually, I know for a fact that many of you are better than me.

I don't believe it's the most important thing in the deen. At the same time, I don't think it's so trivial either, because the Prophet 'alayhi'l-salām (peace be upon him) wouldn't waste his time on something trivial.

How Long Is Yours? As to the length of the beard, I take the middle opinion. I don't think it should be allowed to grow indefinitely. In fact, there are narrations from Ibn Omar and Abu Huraira raḍyAllāhu 'anhu (may Allāh be pleased with him) (two Companions who followed the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) to the letter) that they used not to grow it beyond the fist. So yes, I'm a Hanafi when it comes to the beard :) On the other hand, goatees, shadows (5 o'clock), and soul patches are not sunnah either.

I've had a beard since I was 20, and not shaved it once, alhamdulillah. It wasn't always easy. I had some relatives scorn me because of it. Some told me I will never get a job because of my beard. But, with the bounty of Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla (glorified and exalted be He), I have always had a great job.

But the worst is when Muslims ridicule the beard.

I've heard some call it “the broom”. I say shame on you! Don't you realize that your Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) used to wear a beard? It's totally your personal choice to have it or not, but you should never make fun of it. By the same token, we should never make fun of the clean-shaven either. Respect to all!

I think it adds to a man's beauty, if treated properly. The Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) used to say that if you have hair, then take care of it (be generous to it, to be exact).

So if you decide to grow it, don't leave it unmade; and please don't look like a caveman!
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#253 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2017 10:26
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#254 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2017 23:12
An interesting question asked on the blog on Aqeedah.
bint e Aisha wrote:
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah

Respected brother,
I need some clarification regarding the following point:

69. "We agree with doing the prayer behind any of the People of the Qibla whether rightful or wrongful, and doing the funeral prayer over any of them when they die."

Imam Tahawi R.A. is saying that prayer behind anyone who is from our qibla, whether rightful or wrongful is fine. However our ulama state that it is makrooh tahrimi to pray behind an imam who does not have a beard. Isn't it in contradiction with what Imam Tahawi R.A. wrote?
I would appreciate if you could help me with the answer.

JazakAllah
No post ratings
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#255 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2017 23:26
One of the issues is teaching us not to question the Aqeedah of others as the matter is dealt with by Allah himself, the other is a Fiqh issue upon which people can openly do the opposite and sin openly in Fiqh matters. But, that's just how I see it. Good question nevertheless.
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Yellow' written in?