» I am a female, I dont like Beards
4%
2 members | 0 guests
» I'm a man and I dont have a Beard
2%
1 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
2ak, Taqwah, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, rizmalek, member2, ummi taalib, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Arslan., Maria al-Qibtiyya, ibn Ismail, Naqshband66, dr76, byellow200, Jinn, bint e aisha, seeker123
11 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#226 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2015 17:47
Kahaan tk zabt e baitaabi, kahaan tk paase bdnaami
Kalaijaa thaam lo yaaro k ab hum daarhi rakhtay hain

[From Moulana Hakeem Akhtar RhA's Bayan]

May Allah Ta'ala bring spring on the faces suffering from autumn.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#227 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd February 2015 20:39
byellow200 wrote:
A man with his child came to see Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (RA). Upon seeing the Shaykh the child began to cry. The man said why is it that children always cry seeing molvis? (in reference to his beard) Moulana sahib replied "Children always fear their fathers but never their mothers".

Source
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#228 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd February 2015 21:12
Alhamdullillah I have never shaved my beard but for the last year or so I have noticed every time I comb my beard (with comb or hands) a couple of hairs fall out. Yesterday when I was combing I had a small handful of hairs (not at once but when i finished). Should I be worried? Do any other brothers have the same problem?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#229 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd February 2015 21:17
byellow200 wrote:
View original post

That's natural, nothing to worry about inshaAllah
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#230 [Permalink] Posted on 16th March 2015 17:17
+5 -0
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#231 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2015 02:15
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Now seek justice for this martyred brother and you'll be labeled as sympathizer of Church attackers despite all of your condemnation of attack on Churches.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#232 [Permalink] Posted on 9th May 2015 01:02
The first nation ever to shave their beards was the nation to whom Allah the Almighty sent Sayyiduna Lut (as) , the people of Sadoom (Sodom). Hadhrat Hasan Basri reports a Hadeeth that the nation of Lut was punished for 10 sins they committed; the Prophet  mentioned ‘trimming the beard’ from the 10 sins. These sins then resulted in severe punishments from Allah the Almighty as mentioned in the Holy Quran in numerous chapters. Gradually other nations also started to trim and shave their beards but were less in number. However in the 17th century, the King of Russia, Patrice propagated ‘shaving of the beard’ in Europe and was successful in his mission. In the 20th century, the Ottoman Empire collapsed and modern influences swamped nations. By the mid 20th century, these influences had penetrated the Muslim world, which has gradually resulted on corrupting Muslims. Today, this is the reason why we see that most Muslims unfortunately either trim their beard or shave it off.

We have to remember that cultures change day in day out, cultures are man made; hung on man’s ideologies, perceptions and ideas. On the other hand, the Shariah, the Islamic holy divine law is from Allah the creator of all, who is the best of all planners. The Shariah is such that it is compatible to every era till the day of judgement.
+4 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#233 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2015 15:35
Dr. Clifford W. Bassett wrote:
Beards can reduce asthma and allergy symptoms.

Facial hair traps some dust and pollen before the particles make it into your respiratory system, Dr. Clifford W. Bassett, medical director of the Allergy and Asthma Care of New York, told Details. And that can prevent pollutants from getting inside your body, potentially causing illness or infection.
+3 -0Like x 2
#234 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2015 23:30
Assalaamu alaikum

Great thread!

I just wanted to share the below email I received a few weeks ago highlighting the anti sunnah-beard policy of a Abu Dhabi Government educational organisation;

Hi Adil,

Thank you for forwarding on your photograph. I just want to make you aware of a policy that ADVETI and their sister schools have – they require teachers with facial hair to have their beards trimmed to be no longer than an inch. I understand this is a bit of an awkward subject, however we are required to ask on behalf of the school whether you would be willing to trim your beard in keeping with this policy?

If not then just let me know and we will completely understand. If you do not wish to go ahead with this opportunity then we can just look for other vacancies for you in schools that do not have this policy in place. If you would be willing to then just let me know.

Best regards,

Such hypocrisy from an organisation of the 'islamic' UAE government, considering even the British Army allows beards and even turbans kept for religious reasons. This is the state of the Ummah today.
+0 -0
#235 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2015 00:10

oh and on a positive note....

Last year whilst on holiday in a quiet village called Puento don manuel near Malaga, Spain, I walked into a petrol station looking for snacks with my 4 yr old daughter. I picked up some irresistible looking baked cookies and took them to the till. The cashier took a look at me (full sunnah beard alhamdulillah) and gestured 'musalmaan?' (he couldnt speak a word of English and I still wonder how he knew 'musalman' and not 'muslim').

He repeated 'musalmaan' while pointing at me. A little bewildered at hearing a Spanish dude use this term I nodded 'yes'. He then pointed to the ingredients and specifically to 'cerdo' gesturing 'no' with his hands. Then in a whisker he took the cookies from me and placed them back on the shelf. At this point my daughter said 'daddy why isn't he letting us have the cookies?'. Still confused I picked up some chocolates, thanked the cashier and left. At home I googled 'cedro' and guess what - turns out pork cookies are quite popular in this part of the world!

The power of sunnah!
+0 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#236 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2015 15:55
A Brother from Cape Town offers the following Naseehat regarding a new shaitaani trend, namely, lengthening the moustaches during the month of November, initiated by some devils in a stupid movement called, MOVEMBER.

MOVEMBER ANOTHER SUNNAH OFFENDER

When the two messengers of Kisra came to Rasulullah (salallaahu alayhi wasallam), they had long moustaches and shaved beards. 

Rasulullah (salallaahu alayhi wasallam) turned his face away in disgust and asked them, "Who commanded you to do this (despicable deed)?"

They replied, "Our Lord (i.e. King)", at this, Rasulullah (salallaahu alayhi wasallam)  mentioned, “But my Lord has commanded me to lengthen my beard and shorten my moustache.” 
(Tabaqat ibn S'ad vol.1 pg.147; Tarikh al-Tabari vol.2 pg.267-266; Bidaya wa al-Nihaya)

The month of November has arrived and with it unfortunately comes many haraam kufaar practices that muslims who are devoid of basic deeni ilm enjoy following. 

Besides muslims burning their wealth on "Fire works" for Mr Guy Fawkes, a fairly new completely unislamic trend called MOVEMBER has arrived. 

This organization has been initiated by the kufaar to conspiratorially distance ignorant muslims from the beautiful sunnah of Rasulullah(salallahu alayhi wasallam) and to attach them to kufaar ways. 

The MOVEMBER initiative advises men to grow their moustaches for the month of November in support of certain cancers men could develop. 

Regardless of the mission an organization aspires to, a muslim never compromises his obedience to Allah Azza Wa Jal and Rasulullah (salallaahu alayhi wasallam) for emulation of kufaar. 

Islam teaches us the opposite of the kufaar ways, in Islam we cut our moustaches and lengthen our beards. 

Rasulullah (salallaahu alayhi wasallam) said: 

"Cut your moustaches and allow your beards to droop and oppose the fire-worshippers." (Sahih Muslim)

"Clip the moustaches properly and lengthen the beards well and do not imitate the Jews." (Tahaawi - Sharh Ma'aanil Aathar)

Allah Ta'ala has also commanded obeying and following the way of Rasulullah (salallaahu alayhi wasallam). He has also ordered him to proclaim to the people that if anyone loves Allah, then he should follow the example of his Rasul (salallaahu alayhi wasallam). 

Allah Ta'ala says in the Quraan Majeed:

"Say, (0 Muhammad), if you (really) love Allah, then follow me. Allah will love you and forgive your sins. And Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Say: Obey Allah and the Messenger. But if they turn away, then Allah does not like the disbelievers." (3:31,32)

The practice of keeping the beard is both an act of obedience to Rasulullah(salallaahu alayhi wasallam) as well as an emulation of his noble practice. It is also a demonstration of love for him. Since Rasulullah (salallaahu alayhi wasallam) has instructed that we keep the beard, doing so constitutes fulfillment of a wajib order in Islam. Moreover, the beard is also the insignia of a Muslim as well as an expression of love for Allah Azza Wa Jal.

Today we see businesses supporting the Movember initiative and instructing its employees to participate as well, whether muslim or not the employees make a fun month out of it. 

As a muslim it is recommended to do MUHASABA (Stock-taking)  and MURAQABAH OF DEATH (Reflect on the moment of death). If a muslim partakes in the Movember initiative and grows his moustache thick, and if maut comes to such a person, would that be a good way to spend your final month/week/day etc..? Or even a bigger disgrace would be being raised on the day of Qiyaama looking like a kaafir. We all want the intercession of  Rasulullah (salallaahu alayhi wasallam) but as Rasulullah (salallaahu alayhi wasallam) turned his face away in disgust at the two messengers of Kisra, would we want the same things to happen to us on the day when we would need all the mercy we could possibly receive?

The growing of the moustache and the shaving of the beard is the practice of the polytheists while the lengthening of the beard and the clipping of the moustache is the practice of the illustrious Prophets of Allah Azza Wa Jal. This is why Rasulullah (salallaahu alayhi wasallam) has very rigidly emphasized such practices to the extent of declaring:

"Whoever does not clip his moustache is not of us." (Tirmidhi and Nassai)

[Copied from The Majlis' website and added one reference]

Posted via the Muftisays Android App
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#237 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2016 21:28
BBC wrote:
The Journal of Hospital Infection, claim that clean shaven men are more than three times as likely to harbour methicillin-resistant staph aureus (MRSA). According to NHS, MRSA is a type of bacteria that's resistant to a number of widely used antibiotics.

Researchers swabbed the faces of 408 hospital staff with and without facial hair and found evidence to suggest facial hair may either provide resistance to harmful bacteria, or actively fight infection.

The report read: "Our results suggest that male hospital workers with facial hair do not harbour more potentially concerning bacteria than clean-shaven workers, and that in some instances, clean-shaven individuals are significantly more likely to be colonized with potential [hospital acquired disease-causing] pathogens."
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#238 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2016 14:55
Tajikistan shaves 13,000 beards in 'radicalism' battle
AL JAZEERA

Police in Tajikistan have shaved nearly 13,000 men's beards and closed more than 160 shops selling traditional Muslim clothing last year as part of the country's fight against what it calls "foreign" influences.

Bahrom Sharifzoda, the head of the south-west Khathlon region's police, said at a press conference on Wednesday that the law enforcement services convinced more than 1,700 women and girls to stop wearing headscarves in the Muslim-majority Central Asian country.

The move is seen as part of efforts to battle what authorities deem "radicalism".

Tajikistan's secular leadership has long sought to prevent a spillover of what it sees as unwelcome traditions from neighbouring Afghanistan.

Last week, the country's parliament voted to ban Arabic-sounding "foreign" names as well as marriages between first cousins.

The legislation is expected to be approved by President Emomali Rahmon, who has taken steps to promote secularism and discourage beliefs and practices that he sees as foreign or a threat to stability of Tajikistan, Radio Liberty said.
+2 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#239 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2016 08:51
I just read this in the papers:

The Metro wrote:
Bearded workmen have been banned by Nuneaton and Bedworth council. Whiskers were said to pose a health risk as they prevent safety masks fitting properly. An employee said the rules were laughable.

I know Nuneaton fairly well. Plenty of Muslim's there. Not many with beards, but Alhumdulillah, a lot has changed over the years and this will backfire on the council InshaAllah.

IMAG0082_1.jpg
Downloads: 204
    [545.90 kB]
+0 -0Agree x 1
#240 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2016 12:06
Daarhi rakhna eh maana hai mushkil Magar

Roz-e-mahshar Aaqaa ne poochha Agar

Meri surat mein kya nuqs aaya Nazar

Kya kahega jawab ab tu wahaan

Aaj ke naujawan sun lay meri khuwaan.
+0 -0Winner x 3

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in green?