» I am a female, I dont like Beards
4%
2 members | 0 guests
» I'm a man and I dont have a Beard
2%
1 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
2ak, Taqwah, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, rizmalek, member2, ummi taalib, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Arslan., Maria al-Qibtiyya, ibn Ismail, Naqshband66, dr76, byellow200, Jinn, bint e aisha, seeker123
11 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#151 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 11:19
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

If there's no reference, would it be correct to call it Hadith then?
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#152 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 11:32
Maria al-Qibtiyya wrote:
View original post

I suppose not. It may be a fabrication. I wonder why its quoted so much in bayans....

Reminds me of the narration about the Tashshahud, quoted often but not a single reference.
+3 -0Like x 3Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#153 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 11:56
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

(salam)

In TJ you often see a lot of Malasian/Indonesian/Vitnamese brothers who only have a few long hairs at the chin.

However I've seen a lot of other brother's who have empty patches in their beard, I myself have patches no growth their whatsoever.
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#154 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 16:10
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Yeah, Malaysian/Indonesian brothers are often found having goatee (natural) or no facial hair at all.

Some people around me assumed that I used to trim my beard. But later they found their assumption wrong.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#155 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2014 19:35
Mufti A.S. Desai's ghairah against clean-shaven men.
---------------------------------------------------

Q. Is it permissible to attend the Qir'aat gatherings in which Qaris who sport kuffaar beard styles recite the Qur'an?

A. It is not permissible to attend a gathering where a faasiq qaari recites. Shaving the beard is a kabeerah sin which renders the man a faasiq. Every moment the ghadab and la'nat of Allah Ta'ala descend on a person who is beardless as a result of shaving his beard. To attend such a gathering is to honour the faasiq. Rasulullah (sallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "When a faasiq is honoured, the Arsh of Allah shudders." Furthermore, these qaaris with their belief that it is permissible to shave the beard are guilty of bid'ah, and regarding a man of bid'ah, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "He who honours a man of bid'ah, aids in the demolition of Islam." When one goes to listen to the qiraa't of a faasiq qaari, one is in fact honouring him. The faasiq is given front stage, musaafahah(shaking hands) and muaanaqah (embracing) are made with him. He is respectfully addressed. In general he is treated as a guest of honour. Whoever denies this fact, is a liar. Thus the contention that he is not honoured is baseless.

Regardless of whether one has the intention of honouring or not honouring, the mere attendance of the function is to aid, support and honour the faasiq qaari who shows absolutely no shame for Allah Ta'ala and the Makhlooq. The actions of the people clearly testify that they are honouring him. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said that in Jahannam there is a valley which daily petitions Allah Ta'ala 400 times to save it from the heat of that valley. The name of this valley in the dregs of Jahannum is Jubbul Huzn. When the Sahaabah asked about those who are destined for entry into this terrible Valley of Torment, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said that Jubbul Huzn has been prepared for the Qaaris who display their a'maal. This will be the ultimate destination of fussaaq qaaris who barter the Qur'aan Majeed for this dunya.

Q. Why should it not be permissible to listen to a clean shaven qaari? A qaari is praised for his excellent recitation, not for his shaving his beard or because of his sins.

A. Go to a brothel and listen to a prostitute's qiraa't. Praise her for her qiraa't, not for her zina and sins, then pose the same question to yourself. There are many brothels in Pakistan and Bangladesh and elsewhere where you will be able to locate prostitutes who are able to present excellent qiraa't with sweet and melodious voices. Have your head examined for mental equilibrium.

Q. The Qaaris who recite the Qur'aan should not be branded faasiq because they shave their beards. No one can see into their hearts. Why does the Majlis judge them so harshly? Only Allah Ta'ala judges people.

A. The Qaadhi judges people in terms of the Shariah. If your idea of judgment relates to even the judgment of the Qaadhi, then you are barking up the wrong tree. Judgment in the Aakhirah is the prerogative of Allah Azza Wa Jal, and this will take place in Qiyaamah. Here on earth we are under Shar'i obligation to administer the law and to issue the hukm on the zaahir and apply the law of the Shariah. If a man mingles with women, commits zina, consumes liquor, etc., he shall be labelled a faasiq in terms of the Shariah while perhaps in the Aakhirah he may be in a better position than numerous pious men and Ulama. That is for Allah Ta'ala to judge. But here on earth, we are required to apply the law of the zaahiri Shariah.

In terms of the Shariah, a man will most certainly be judged from even his outer-appearance. Thus, if a man wears a cross around his neck, he shall be branded a murtadd. If a man wears female clothes, he shall be a mal-oon, for the simple reason that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said so. So regardless of his intention, the hukm of the Shariah cannot be cancelled. Intention is never an abrogator (Naasikh) of Shar'i ahkaam. What is the difference between zina and shaving the beard, or liquor and shaving the beard, or pork and shaving the beard, or killing a person and shaving the beard, or committing any other haraam act and shaving the beard? In nafs-e-hurmat- per se - they are all in the same class of fisq and fujoor. These acts of immorality differ only in degree of intensity of hurmat (prohibition).

Furthermore, those who believe that there is nothing wrong with shaving the beard and that such a person is not a faasiq, do so at the peril of losing their Imaan because in this attitude is tahleel-e-haraam (making haraam lawful). The averment that it is wrong to call a shaver of the beard a faasiq is a statement of kufr. The contender must renew his Imaan and Nikah. In making this averment, he is in fact saying that Allah Ta'ala -Nauthibillaah! - has erred for classifying a flagrant sinner to be a faasiq. The ahkaam of the Shariah are the effects of the Revelations of Allah Ta'ala. What this person says is that for fourteen centuries all the Fuqaha have erred in saying that keeping the beard is Waajib and shaving it is haraam. There is no benefit in discussing with such a jaahil who suffers from massive ghabaawat. The beard is of fundamental importance for Taqwa. A man who shaves his beard is among the worst of fussaaq. He is guilty of perpetrating a haraam act, and he invites Allah's la'nat every second while his face is beardless.

Q. These Qaaris whom you are branding faasiq have spent their whole lives learning and reciting the Holy Book of Allah. They deserve better.

A. Yes, they are deserving. But they deserve Jubbul Huzn. While these qurra may have 'spent their entire lives "learning and reciting the Qur'aan', the Book of Allah Ta'ala has had no effect on their hearts, hence they prefer the appearance of the kuffaar to the appearance of the Ambiya and the Sahaabah, and the appearance of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). They are decidedly evil - extremely evil, and their spending their lives with the Qur'aan will not help them, because Allah Ta'ala has prepared one of the worst valleys of Jahannum for them. In this regard Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Seek refuge with Allah from Jubbul Huzn. They (the Sahaabah) said: 'O Rasulullah! What is Jubbul Huzn?' He said: 'It is a valley in Jahannum. Daily Jahannum seeks refuge from it 400 times.' It was said: 'O Rasulullah! Who will enter it?' He said: 'It has been prepared for such qurraa' who display their deeds. Verily, the most hated qurraa' by Allah are those who visit the rulers." About men of this ilk, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) will complain to Allah Ta'ala on the Day of Qiyaamah: "Verily, my people have taken this Qur'aan to be an object for discarding." (Qur'aan)

Q: The Musjid's trustee called on a beardless man to lead the Salaat inspite of there being others who follow the Sunnah and who can recite correctly. The beardless one led the Salaat. Should we repeat our Salaat on such occasions?

A. If objecting to the appointment of a faasiq will not lead to violence, then such a person should be prevented from stepping forward to lead the Salaat. But if the trustees are hooligans who will commit violence if the faasiq is prevented, then refrain from any action. Simply repeat the Salaat. It is Waajib to repeat the Salaat performed behind a faasiq. one who shaves his beard is among the worst of fussaaq.

The la'nat and ghadab of Allah Ta'ala settle on him every second of his life. Those who have spiritual insight and look with the Noor of Imaan can see that a beardless male's face resembles swine's flesh. It is for this reason that looking at the face of a beardless man causes great takleef (spiritual distress) to the pure souls of pious people. They do not hold the beardless one in contempt. It is not permissible to despise anyone. A truly pious person does not hold in contempt the worst sinner. But just as a person cannot tolerate looking at faeces, so too the pious man cannot tolerate looking at a beardless face. And, the act of diverting the gaze from a beardless face is a Sunnat of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam).

When the emissaries of the Persian emperor came to meet Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), he turned his face away from them and asked:

"Who instructed you to adopt this style
(i.e., clean-shaven faces and long moustaches)?"

When they replied that their lord (i.e. their emperor) had ordered this style, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:

"But my Lord (Allah Azza Wa Jal) commanded me
to lengthen the beard and clip the moustache."

Now when looking at the clean-shaven face of a kaafir was so abhorrent to Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), how much more abhorrent will it be looking at the mal'oon (accursed) clean-shaven face of one who claims to follow Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam)?

+7 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#156 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2014 11:46
The Beard that Shaved a Heart

The Messenger of Allah (saw) said:
"Trim the moustache and let the beard grow."
[Sahih Muslim]

A famous poet of the Indian subcontinent Mirza Bedil, born in the seventeenth century, had his own unique style in Persian poetry. A man travelled all the way from Iran in his longing to meet this poet whose composition in praise of the Prophet (saw) he greatly admired.

But when he arrived Bedil was getting shaved. Amazed and saddened at the sight the Iranian asked, "Master! Do you have your beard shaved off?"

Bedil answered, "Yes, but I don't shave anyone's heart (i.e., hurt anyone's feelings)."

His admirer spontaneously retorted, "What! Aren't you shaving the heart of Rasul Allah (saw)?"

According to customary social etiquette the poet wasn't hurting anyone. But his admirer pointed out that he was in fact cruelly shearing the greatest of hearts, Rasul Allah's (saw) heart! When the actions of his Ummah are presented to Rasul Allah (saw) and it is said that one of your Ummati shaves his face against your Sunnah, will this not hurt Rasul Allah (saw)?

When Bedil heard this he immediately repented and asked Allah سبحانه وتعالى to bless the man for opening his eyes, showing him his error, and bringing him closer to his beloved, the Prophet (saw).
Rank Image
London
Brother
#157 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2014 12:35
I went to an Islamic shop yesterday. I saw something really weird.

You know how women carry mirrors in their handbags, well I saw a "mens" version of it. I found it hilarious and asked the shop keeper for permission to take a picture of it.

IMAG0851.jpg
Downloads: 133
    [1595.96 kB]
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#158 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2014 13:19

To bad he couldn't apply that 'ghairah' in his own beautiful mannerisms, scholar or not we judge on the apparent as well.

He might be a top mufti but due to his severe lack of mannerisms, he's a laughing stock for many and many do not even take him (his views) seriously.

Fact.

Walahu'Alam
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#159 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2014 13:29
Jinn wrote:
View original post

I would respond, but that may derail the thread. For now I'll just say that I respectfully disagree. Far from "fact" brother.

Just FYI akhi, if you want to see more "mannerisms" like that of Mufti Sahib, just read some of the anecdotes and malfoozaat of the Deoband akabireen.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#160 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2014 13:34
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

Do we look to Deobanddee Akabireen or Rasoolalah (saw) and his Sahaba رضي الله عنه ?

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#161 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2014 14:01
Last week, one of my relative had a marriage proposal, the father had a beard and topi, the mom was properly covered, alhamdulillah, but their daughter refused the proposal because my relative had a beard. It was really short btw.

Nowadays girls specifically want men without beards and guys want women who do not cover their hair.
May Allah protect us from this Fisq.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#162 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2014 14:20
Jinn wrote:
View original post

That was just an example. I gave it because many people tend to criticize Mufti Sahib yet praise Deoband Akabireen, like maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi and others, while they were just as stern or even more stern.

You can find the same in the sahaabah. I'll remind you of the thread on SF about the ghairah of the sahaabah. Im sure there are many more incidents.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#163 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2014 14:22
umar123 wrote:
View original post

See, this is what happens when you are too loose. The sunnah is under attack brothers, and I praise the 'Aalim who defends it unflinchingly.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#164 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2014 14:39
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

Don't blind yourself by Deobandi fanaticism, not saying you are akhi but that's what it seems.

Yes the Sahaba رضي الله عنه had awesome ghairah Mash'Ala but they also had awesome akhlaq so lets not forget that and start pick and choosing what we fancy. Character goes a long way my brother.

If one has rubbish character, no matter how religious he talks none will be interested in listening to him due to that fact that his character stinks. But someone who don't know much but has awesome character and don't know much either, people will be more inclined to him.

Lets not forget all the ahadith about character now.

If one is an alim/mufti etc it doesn't mean he won't be accountable on yaumul Qiyamah, just like me and you.

It's a fact that he's a laughing stock for many and those who follow him blindly are laughed at too because of their blind fanaticism, it's sad to see it to be honest. Due to his akhlaq and some of his rulings without Daleel people don't take him ( his views ) seriously.

I'm sorry but these type of people do not bring people closer to Deen but push them away.

The rest Allah knows best

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#165 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2014 14:59
It seems you are confusing akhlaaq and ghairah brother. And you keep saying he's a "laughing stock" but never back it up.

It seems im fanatical about deobandees? Why, because I mentioned them?

Lets just agree to disagree brother. Thread has gone off track enough.

Love you for His sake. You can reply, but I will not continue this here.
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in green?