» I am a female, I dont like Beards
4%
2 members | 0 guests
» I'm a man and I dont have a Beard
2%
1 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
2ak, Taqwah, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, rizmalek, member2, ummi taalib, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Arslan., Maria al-Qibtiyya, ibn Ismail, Naqshband66, dr76, byellow200, Jinn, bint e aisha, seeker123
11 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#196 [Permalink] Posted on 28th September 2014 19:58
Quote:
‪#‎MuslimApologies‬ on Twitter.

lol at the following:

I'm sorry my beard scares you. It's hormonal, I swear. ‪#MuslimApologies

Rate the source
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#197 [Permalink] Posted on 29th September 2014 10:04
One Police Officer spent time in tableegh and returned with a beard. On reporting to duty, his superiors directed him to shave the beard. Later he was removed from service and was asked to return to service with an order of permission from State High Court to continue in service with the beard.

Elders consulted a tableeghee advocate to represent this case. This advocate has narrated the whole incident.

The advocate said:

First the elders requested him to keep a fist length of beard. (he had a short beard,now he has a shara'ee beard). He studied Quran and hadeeth regarding beard.

Hearing was scheduled in the court Hall of chief justice of the state. When turn for hearing the case about beard appeared, he murmured "why are they wasting our precious time for a silly matter" and continued with other cases.

Later chief justice called the advocate to his private chamber during lunch break. The judge said "Why are you wasting time on such a silly matter". The advocate presented his daleels and proved that Beard is a must for Muslim male. And quoted about human rights and freedom for religious practices in the constitution.

The chief justice said "When it is so important for a muslim to sport a beard, they why all muslims are not practicing this, see my own colleagues and your own muslim advocates".

The advocate then quoted laws which are not practiced by general public to prove that; when majority won't follow a rule, that doesn't invalidate the law itself.

Finally Chief Justice gave verdict granting permission to the Police officer to continue in his office with a beard.

The advocate requested him to give a general order. The chief justice said "Any person can file a case and he can quote my order and get permission"

Alhamdulillah; many muslim officers are sporting beard. And these officers are picked for assignments where honesty is a must.

I feel sad; just for beard, people face persecution and they fight to survive with sunnah, Insha Allah they will get two rewards, one is sunnah itself and second for fight to live with sunnah. Others who are independent and absolutely have no harm and they slaughter the sunnah.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#198 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2014 16:09

#Hairgate strikes as Apple’s iPhone 6 starts plucking beards

Published time: October 06, 2014 23:26

Reuters / Hannibal

Just as Apple’s embarrassing #bendgate issues were receding from the headlines, a newer – and more painful – problem has emerged regarding its new set of iPhone 6 smartphones: they’re pulling out people’s hair.

No, that’s not a bad metaphor for some frustrating or broken features. Multiple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users have complained online that their hair is getting caught in the shiny new devices when they make phone calls. When they end their calls and pull their phones away from their faces, their beard and head hairs are being pulled away with them.

Unsurprisingly, this problem and apparent design flaw is now being labeled #hairgate on Twitter and other social media networks.

Although complaints via Twitter date back to late September, the issue gained wider attention over the weekend, when a community member posted a short article on the Apple news website 9to5Maccomplaining about his iPhone 6 Plus.

“Initially I thought it was the hair sticking to the screen protector,” the member wrote. “But upon closer inspection, it was the seam between the glass and aluminium– hair gets stuck and when you try to free it out, it hurts.

Users online have noted that the potentially painful problem has a remarkably easy solution: slap a case on the phone. With a case covering the seam, the phone would not be able to grab hold of precious facial and head hairs. That proposition is controversial itself, though, with many iPhone users refusing to encase their phones in plastic for aesthetic reasons.

Soon after the hairy matter became publicized, the internet began doing what it does best: making fun of Apple and hipsters whose beards have now become a problem. Some have even suggested that the iPhone 6 and its larger-screened brother double as effective razors.

Apple has yet to comment on #hairgate, but the latest “scandal” comes in the wake of #bendgate, another highly mocked event that nonetheless highlighted the fact that iPhone 6 Pluses are subject to bending when placed in back pockets or sat on.

The technology giant downplayed the phone’s potential to bend, though, saying that less than a dozen customers complained about the issue soon after launch. It also said the phone may be bending due to its large size and very thin frame.

+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#199 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2014 17:27
Don't ruin a decent thread bro with stuff like you just posted above ^^

Just my two cents
+0 -0Agree x 1Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#200 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2014 18:47
Jinn wrote:
View original post

I appreciate your concern brother. I was in two minds. I was going to post it in the gadget thread, then finally decided to put it here due to the topic of the beard.

I had to make a hair splitting decision, and this was it. :)
+3 -0Creative x 3Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#201 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2014 18:54
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#202 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2014 11:14
Source
Turks shave off beards to avoid 'jihadist stigma'

Barbers in a south-eastern Turkish city are doing a roaring trade shaving off the beards of men worried about being labelled jihadists, it is reported.

The bearded men in Diyarbakir got particularly worried about their looks after reported violent clashes between members of the city's sizeable Kurdish community and Islamists.

The Kurds took to the streets enraged by what they saw as the government's lack of action against jihadists in Syria.

These protests soon turned violent. Angry crowds targeted men with bushy beards, accusing them of jihadism just because of their facial hair, Turkey's newspaper Milliyet says. The violence saw "hundreds" rushing to barbers to get rid of their beards, the paper adds.

Barbers reportedly said that they sometimes got up to 15 customers a day wanting to be clean-shaven. "Some people who have nothing to do with Islamic State or Hezbollah were victimised during the protests because of their beards," one said. "People now come to us either to shave their beards off or redesign their shape."

Another barber in Diyarbakir said that previously, he had been shaving off just three or four beards a day on average. "I've been doing this job for 15 years and I've never before shaved so many," he said.

Turkey's Kurds want Ankara to provide assistance to Kurdish fighters battling Islamic State (IS) jihadists who are trying to take the Syrian border town of Kobane.
+1 -0
#203 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2014 11:45
To put some balance we need to also bear in mind that in the shafi madhab shaving the beard is only disliked, just like eating prawns in the hanafi madhab or women going to the mosques, so we should be careful not to show fantacism and bigotry. A person does not need to stay in his own madhab all the time and we should respect and value valid difference of opinion.
+0 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#204 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2014 11:48
Guest999 wrote:
View original post

Seifeddine wrote:
Shafi madhab:
It is quoted in Al Ibaab', that Imaam ibn Ar'rifaah says that Imaam Shafe'ee, in his book, Kitabul Umm, has categorically stated that shaving the beard is haram.
Al Azraiy says that the correct position in the Shafe'ee madhab is that to shave the beard without a valid medical reason is haram. Similar verdict of prohibition has been issued by Zarakhshi, Baihaqi in his book, Shu'ab Al Iman, and by his teacher Qa'ffal Shashi in Muhasin As Shar'iyyah.

Maybe you meant trimming :)
No post ratings
#205 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2014 12:01
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

No, take knowledge from the shafi ulama who know their madhab better than you. Imam nawawi said makruh and that's the madhab. Don't be like the salafis picking out quotes to suit your tastes.
+0 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#206 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2014 12:08
Guest999 wrote:
View original post

Jazakallahu Khairan :)

Answered by Shaykh Hamza Karamali, SunniPath Academy Teacher

I read on a website in answer to a qn that Ash-Shafi^iyy said in his book Al-umm that to shave the beard is haraam. Where does it say that in al-umm? And if this is the case on what basis did An-Nawawiyy and others differ with the Imaam?

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful and Compassionate

The Position of the Shafi`i School

The Shafi`is have differed among themselves about the ruling of shaving the beard. Some scholars such as the Shaykhs Ibn al-Rif`ah, Halimi, and Adhra`i have held shaving the beard to be unlawful,

Others, such as the Imams Ghazali, Nawawi, and Rafi`i have held it to be offensive.

The two foremost figures in the late Shafi`i school, Shaykh Ibn Hajar al-Haytami and Shaykh Muhammad al-Ramli–along with Shaykh al-Islam Zakariyya al-Ansari–have confirmed the latter position (Sayyid al-Bakri, I`anat al-Talibin, 2.340). This latter position is, in fact, the official position of the Shafi`i school.

The School and the Imam

One of the arguments for the unlawfulness of shaving the beard is that Imam Shafi`i himself said in al-Umm that it is unlawful. Shaykh Ibn Hajar explains that this is insufficient proof to establish this position as the official position of the Shafi`i school, saying,

“The scholars of exacting verification have reached consensus that the official position of the Shafi`i school (al-mufta bihi) is what [h: Nawawi and Rafi`i] have mentioned, followed by what Nawawi [h: alone] has mentioned. They have also reached consensus that if someone objects to [h: Nawawi and Rafi`i] by citing an explicit statement from al-Umm, or by claiming that the majority [h: of Shafi`i's] have held a contrary position, or the like, then this does not change the official position of the Shafi`i school [h: that Nawawi and Rafi`i have agreed on]. This is because [h: Nawawi and Rafi`i] have more knowledge of what Imam Shafi`i has said, and of what the early Shafi`is have said than the one who objects to them. They therefore only went against [h: the text of Imam Shafi`i or the positions of the early Shafi`is] because of a reason that is known by those who know it and not known by those who are ignorant of it.” (Muhammad b. Sulayman al-Kurdi, al-Fawa’id al-Madaniyya, p. 19)

Imam Shafi`i is known to have held multiple positions (at different times) on the same issue, and the early scholars of the Shafi`i school differed greatly among themselves. Determining the official position of the school is not as easy as citing a single reference; rather, one needs to have complete knowledge and mastery of all of the statements and positions of the Imam and the early scholars. Imam Nawawi and Imam Rafi`i both had this knowledge; most of those who objected to them did not.

Scholars who came after Nawawi and Rafi`i held that the only way to understand the works of the Shafi`is who came before these two scholars (including the words of Imam Shafi`i himself) is through the books of these two scholars themselves, who had read and understood what all the Shafi`is before them had said, and then worked with this knowledge to determine the official position of the school. If we find a solitary quote from one of Imam Shafi`i’s books that goes against what Nawawi and Rafi`i said, then, in all likelihood, they were aware of the quote and held a contrary position because of other quotes and other positions that have not reached us.

This is why when Shaykh Ibn Hajar discusses the positions of those who held shaving the beard to be unlawful, he doesn’t even deem it necessary to verify what al-Umm says. Rather, he simply says that the alleged quote from al-Umm should either be interpreted in other than its immediately obvious sense, or, if that’s not possible, then it is simply contrary to the official position of the Shafi`i school (Ibn Hajar al-Haytami, Tuhfat al-Muhtaj, 9.376). The position of the school, in other words, remains what Imam Nawawi and Imam Rafi`i have determined.

Shaykh Nuh Keller has written a short, yet beautiful and inspiring biography of Imam Shafi`i (Allah have mercy on him) at the end of The Reliance of the Traveller. He says of the great Imam,

“The author of some 113 works, it was nonetheless Shafi`i’s hope that “people would learn this knowledge without ascribing a single letter of it to me,” and as Zakariyya Ansari remarked, “Allah granted his wish, for one seldom hears of any position of his, save that it is ascribed to others of his school with the words, ‘Rafi`i, or Nawawi, or Zarkashi says …’ and the like.”” (Reliance of the Traveller, x324)

May Allah be pleased with Imam Shafi`i and benefit us because of him. Ameen.

And Allah knows best.

Hamza
islamqa.org/shafii/qibla-shafii/33257
+1 -0Like x 1
#207 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2014 12:12
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

There you go, the official position is makruh. So just like nobody criticizes anyone eating prawns we should not criticize shaving the beard. It's a valid position and we should respect it.
+0 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#208 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2014 12:29
Guest999 wrote:
View original post

How's about this post. Very interesting conclusion and understanding
www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?105407-A-Case-for...

I guess it comes down to understanding stuff to the core. The Prophet forbade shaving and for me, a Shafee, maalikee, hanafee, hanbalee or salafee (take your pick), the words of the prophets prohibition takes precedence coz we have the authentic hadiths commanding leaving the beard alone, and it is known in Usul (Shafi'i and Hanafi) that a command is for wujub (unless there are indications proving otherwise). Importantly, Imam al-Shafi'i also narrates this hadith ("Leave the beard/make it plentiful") in al-Umm (2:47)
+1 -0Disagree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#209 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2014 13:31
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Jesus said that from the heart comes ungodliness, evil thoughts, adultery, immorality etc so putting on hijab.wearing a beard, aall external things like oblutions or food restrictions are useless rituals or ceremonies or practices which make no difference if the heart is unchanged, hijab doesnt make a woman modest or pure neither helps men to live in purity since the heart is the source of actions and thoughts, not external things. restraining from some foods or wearing a beard have NO inluence on who we are, what we think and how we treat other people or whether we live a pure life or not.
+0 -2Dislike x 2Disagree x 1
UK
Brother
#210 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2014 13:43
Kometa2 wrote:
View original post

We grow beards because the prophet ordered us to as did all prophets including Jesus.
Women observe Hijab because it's compulsory as it is in Christianity.
We fast in Ramadhan because it's a fundamental pillar in Islam (compulsory).

Unless you have a grown a beard for religion (if male), fasted for the Lord, observed Hijab (if female) for the Lord, you are in no position to say what affects a person's heart or doesn't.

Besides, your last sentence is what gives away how wrong you are

Quote:
what we think and how we treat other people or whether we live a pure life or not.

We practice Islam for a pure life. We grow beards and observe Hijab and fast for a pure life. So if a pure life is what matters then it seems we're the only ones doing that. Going to Church an hour a week is not a pure life. You can commit unspeakable crimes and then you can wash it away by confessing in Church. We believe we're held accountable. So I recommend you let us live our pure lives and not try to justify your so called 'pure' life on those who actually want to abstain from sins. Thank you
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?