» I am a female, I dont like Beards
4%
2 members | 0 guests
» I'm a man and I dont have a Beard
2%
1 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
2ak, Taqwah, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, rizmalek, member2, ummi taalib, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Arslan., Maria al-Qibtiyya, ibn Ismail, Naqshband66, dr76, byellow200, Jinn, bint e aisha, seeker123
11 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:02
Deviation from the Guidance of the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam)

There is no doubt that Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) is the best example of a man, both in his appearance and actions.

Allah 'azza wa jal says:
"There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern - for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day, and who remembers Allah often." [An-Nisa' 4:80]

And Jabir رضي الله عنه reported that Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: "Verily, the best guidance is Muhammad's guidance." [Recorded by Muslim].

Jabir Bin Samurah رضي الله عنه reported that Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) "had a large beard." [Recorded by Muslim].

Shaving the beard clearly exhibits a deviation from his appearance and guidance.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:03
mujahidah an nafs wrote:
Assalamu alaikum, The beard is the sunnah, and if a man doesnt like the idea of keeping the beard then sadly he is going against the sunnah... To go against the sunnah is displeasing to Allah سبحانه وتعالى, and to displease Allah سبحانه وتعالى is to bring his wrath upon u. The Beard is something to be proud off, it is what makes a man indeed a man. I was at a weddin recenlty and heard some young girls saying that 'if a guy has a beard at our college/uni, pple take the mick out of them' I was soooo enraged at hearing this...to top it off they were like 'I would never marry a man with a beard! or id get him 2 shave it off!'....it makes u wonder at how the sunnah of our beloved nabi is viewed amongst young muslims today...it really upsets me... beacuse these ppl are the muslims of tomorrow.... The beard is a blessing....please remember that b4 u even think off giving it the shave who knows if Allah wills u may not ever b able to grow it again.... Duas needed Wassalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:04
maryam_1 wrote:
Many men just dont understand that their hijaab is the beard, but they r quick to point fingers @ non-hijaabi women.

Indeed, To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:05
Deviation from the Way of Believers

One must strive to follow the ways of the believers and identify with them. This is an obligation expressed by Allah: "Whoever opposes the Messenger, after guidance has become clear to him, and follows other than the way of the 'Believers', We will give him what he has chosen and let him into Hell: What an evil destination!" [an-Nisa 4:115]

Note: The description 'Believers' in the ayah applies first and foremost to the Sahabah [the Prophet's (صلي الله عليه وسلم) noble companions - رضي الله عنهم أجمعين]

All of the Prophets (alaihimus-salatu-was-salaam), the Sahabah (the Prophet's (صلي الله عليه وسلم) companions - رضي الله عنهم أجمعين), the great 'ulama', and the righteous Salaf (early Muslims) of this Ummah (Nation) grew their beards. There is no report of a single one of them selectively shaving his beard.

For example, Allah tells us that Harun (peace be upon him) addressed his brother Musa (peace be upon him) as follows: He said,
"O son of my mother! Do not hold me by my beard or head." [Ta-Ha 20:94]

Furthermore, there are authentic reports indicating that the Rightly Guided Successors, as well as other Sahabah and tabi'un (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) had large beards.

Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) had a thick beard [Qut ul-Qulub 4:9], Umar (رضي الله عنه) had a big beard [Al-Isabah 2:511], Uthman (رضي الله عنه) had a large beard [Al-Isabah 2:455], and Ali's (رضي الله عنه) beard was so wide as to span the distance between his shoulders [At-Tabaqat (3:25) by Ibn Sa'd],

Therefore, shaving the beard exhibits a clear deviation from the way of the believers.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:08
Makhlooq wrote:
totally true what you all are saying! even my brother tells me to wear a scarf and all(even though i do 24/7)... but he is wayyyyyyyyyyy on the other side of the line(meaning gel, jeans show off basically... and no beard). But i think for a man to keep a beard is masha allah really good. may Allah سبحانه وتعالى give reward to the men who keep bierds...insha allah

when i mean beard, i mean a bierd in the sunnah way not hair lines going in patterns to look good. but to say the truth the pattern hair lines look rediculous.

wassalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:12
Posted on 19th October 2004 12:16
Subject: Hishaam Kalbee (Rahmatullahi Alaih)'s BIG mistake
Khalid Bin Walid wrote:
Allama Ibn Abid Shami (Rahmatullahi Alaih) narrates from Hishaam Kalbee (Rahmatullahi Alaih) that he said, "I have given such an example of Memorization that no one before has given and I have also given such an example of a mistake that no one before has done." He then explained, "My memorization is such that I memorized the entire Qur'aan in 3 days and the mistake I made was I once sat to cut from my beard what exceeded one fist. I grabbed my beard in the fist and instead of cutting below my fist, without thought I cut the beard from above the fist and my entire beard was cut and in my hand" (Raddul Mukhtar) - Also amongst Mufti Muhammad Taqi Uthmani's chosen stories in his compilation 'Tarashai'

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:12
Imitation of the Kufaar (Disbelievers)

The Muslims have been commanded to be different and distinct from the Kufaar.

In Surat ul-Fatihah, we are commanded to ask Allah to guide us away from the ways of the disbelievers:
"Guide us to the Straight Path - The path of those upon whom You have bestowed Your favor, not of those who have earned Your anger, nor of those who are astray." [Al-Fatihah 1:6~7]

Also, Allah prohibits His Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) from following the desires of the ignorant. And indeed, anyone who is not on the True Guidance is ignorant. Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) says:
"Do not follow the whims of those who have no knowledge (of Islam)." [Al-Jathiyah 45:18]

The Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) has indicated that a person who imitates a certain people will be counted (in Islam) as being one of them. Ibn Umar (رضي الله عنهما) reported that Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: "I have been sent, close to the Last Hour, with the sword (to fight for the truth) - until Allah is worshipped alone without partners. My sustenance has been allotted under the shade of my spear. Humility and defeat have been allocated to whoever strays from my command. And whoever imitates a people is one of them." [Recorded by Abu Dawud and others. Verifies to be authentic by al-Albani (Irwa ulghalil no. 1269)]

Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (رضي الله عنهما) relates that: "He who imitates the kuffar and dies in that state, he will be raised up with them on the Day of Qiyamat."

How terrible it would be for a person whom Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) has favored with Islam to find himself resurrected on the Day of Judgment among non-Muslims - simply because he liked to imitate them.

In several hadiths, Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) has linked sparing the beard to being different from the followers of other religions.

Abu Hurayrah (رضي الله عنه) reported that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: "Cut the moustaches and grow your beards. Be different from the 'Magians'." [Recorded by Muslim and Others] Note: 'Magians' - Followers of an ancient Persian religion.

Abu Umamah (رضي الله عنه) reported that Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: "Cut your moustaches and leave your beards alone. Be different from the people of the scripture." [Recorded by Muslim]

Ibn Umar (رضي الله عنهما) reported that Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: "Be different from the 'mushrikin'; trim your moustaches and save your beards." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Note: 'mushrikeen' - Those who join others with Allah in worship. Therefore, shaving the beard is an act of imitation of the disbelievers, and should be extremely abhorred. It conflicts with many fundamentals of Islam, and yet many Muslim men do it in compliance with the practices of the disbelievers! Verily, Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) foretold the truth, as was reported by Abu Said al-Khudri رضي الله عنه, when he (صلي الله عليه وسلم), said: "You will follow the example of those who preceded you, hand-span for hand-span, and arm-length for arm-length. Even if they entered into a lizard's hole, you would surely enter it!" He (صلي الله عليه وسلم) was asked, "Do you mean the Jews and Christians?" He (saw) replied, "Who else are the (previous) people?" [Recorded by al-Bukhari, Muslim and others].

see also:
Imitating the Disbelievers: http://www.muftisays.com/blog/Seifeddine-M/1053_26-01-2011/imitating-the-disbelievers.html

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:15
I have sifted through over 200 posts on this site regarding the BEARD. I have pasted/quoted a few here to help us help others understand. If I have missed some one then please forgive me, I was busy setting my beard.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:17
Changing Allah's Creation Without Permission

Except for cases that are expressly indicated in Islam, it is prohibited to change the way that Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) has created things. Changing Allah's creation without permission involves obeying Shaatan who, as Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) tells us, had said: "They actually call upon none but rebellious Shaitan, whom Allah has cursed. And he had said (to Allah), "I will surely take from among Your servants a specific portion. I will mislead them, give them false promises, command them so they will slit the ears of cattle, and command them so they will change the creation of Allah." Certainly, whoever takes Satan as an ally instead of Allah is in tremendous loss." [an-Nisa 4:117~119]

Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) has honored the human beings and fashioned them in the best form:
"Verily, We have created the human being in the best of stature." [At-Tin 95:4]

Changing this without permission is indeed an act of great atrocity and deviation that deserves punishment. The Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) declared that the women who change what Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) has created (such as removing their facial hair, wearing wigs, filing their teeth, or tattooing their bodies) seeking by that to improve their appearance, are accursed by Allah (سبحانه وتعالى).

Ibn Mas'ud (رضي الله عنه) reported that Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: "Allah curses those (women) who tattoo (for others) and those who get tattoos, those who pluck the facial hair (for others) and those who have their facial hair plucked, those who connect their hair with other (fake) hair, and those who file their teeth for beauty - they all change Allah's creation." [al-Bukhari and Muslim]

This Hadith mentions women in particular because they normally seek to beautify themselves more than men. But the warning applies to both genders, because the condition for the curse is declared: changing Allah's creation. Thus the curse applies to anyone who satisfies such condition.
Shaving the beard falls under this warning, as it is much worse than 'nams' (removal of facial hair) practiced by some women.

At-Tahanawi (رحمه الله) said: "It is established that changing Allah's creation is a cause for the curse, and that whatever Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) prohibits is prohibited by Allah." [Bayan ul- Quran]

Waliyy Ullah ad-Dahlawi (رحمه الله) said: "Cutting it is the way of the Magians, and involves changing Allah's creation." [Bayan ul-Quran]

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:20
Imitation of Women

The beard presents a major distinction between men and women. Shaving it removes this distinction, and is thus a means of imitating women. Any act that involves imitation of the opposite gender makes a person liable for the curse of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) and His Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم).

Ibn Abbas (رضي الله عنهما) reported: "Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) has cursed the men who imitate the women; and the women who imitate the men." [Recorded by al-Bukhari and others].

Al-Kandahlawi (رحمه الله) said: "No one can have doubt that complete imitation of women arises from shaving the beard. This imitation is stronger than that of imitating their clothing and other matters, because the beard is the foremost and greatest distinction between men and women.
This is possible to observe by all people, and is not denied except by one who wants to deceive himself, follow his whims, and be effeminate after Allah has favored him with the good appearance of a man." [Wujub i'fa il-Lihyah 31-32]

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:22
Contradicting the Pure Fitrah

The Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) indicated that a child is born with a pure nature, which may subsequently be blurred by self-indulgence or unfavorable environmental influence.

Abu Hurayrah (رضي الله عنه) and al-Aswad Bin Sari (رضي الله عنه) reported that Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: "Every child is born with the pure fitrah (nature) - until he becomes able to express himself. It is his parents who then turn him into a Jew, a Christian, a Magian, or a pagan." [al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Furthermore, Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) mentioned ten qualities as indicative of a good, clean nature. Two of these qualities are to trim the moustaches and to grow the beard.

A'ishah (رضي الله عنها) reported that Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: "There are ten qualities of fitrah: trimming the mustaches, sparing the beard, siwak (brushing the teeth), inhaling water (to clean the nose) [and rinsing the mouth], cutting the nails, washing the finger knuckles, plucking the armpit hair, shaving the pubic hair, washing the private parts with water, [and circumcision]." [Muslim, Abu Dawud, Ahmad, Ibn Abi Shaybah, and others. The part between square brackets is not in Muslim (Sahah ul-Jami `no. 2222)]

This fitrah never changes with time: Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) says:
"The pure nature according to which Allah has created the people. There is no change in Allah's creation." [ar-Rum 30:30]

In the footsteps of the disbelievers, many Muslims fitrah is now very deformed. They find a clean-shaven man more handsome and masculine than one with a beard - exactly the opposite to what the Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) declared in in the above hadith!

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:23
Ridiculing the Deen

With the deformed fitrah that many contemporary Muslims have, they approve of the ways of the disbelievers and disapprove of the guidance of Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم)! They adorn themselves with closely shaved beards, and are ashamed of attending important functions or meetings with even a slight beard. They admire the shiny look of a clean shaved man, and congratulate one who just had a nice shave! They command their relatives, children, and subordinates to shave their beards, declaring that the beard is a sign of being messy, backward, and lazy! They ridicule the beard and anyone who grows it! By doing this, they redicule an established part of the religion of Islam, which is a major sin. If they do not know that, they are most ignorant about their din, and if they do it knowingly, they could fall into a definite act of kufr (disbelief) - in Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) we seek refuge.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:25
The Four Mathaahib

Hanafi madhab:
To trim the beard when it is less than a fist's length, as done by some modern people and hermaphrodites is not permissible in the opinion of all the jurists. To shave the beard as done by unorthodox Jews, Hindus and others is also not permissible.
(Durre Mukhtar)

Maliki madhab:
To shave the beard is Haram and to trim it in such a manner that it changes one's natural and normal facial features is also haram. It is also quoted in Kitabul Ib'daa', that without doubt the four Madhabs are agreed that the beard should be lengthened and that shaving it is haram.

Shafi madhab:
It is quoted in Al Ibaab', that Imaam ibn Ar'rifaah says that Imaam Shafe'ee, in his book, Kitabul Umm, has categorically stated that shaving the beard is haram. Al Azraiy says that the correct position in the Shafe'ee Madhab is that to shave the beard without a valid medical reason is haram. Similar verdict of prohibition has been issued by Zarakhshi, Baihaqi in his book, Shu'ab Al Iman, and by his teacher Qa'ffal Shashi in Muhasin As Shar'iyyah.

Hanbali madhab:
It is narrated in Shar'hul Muntahaa' and Shar'hul Manzoomatul Adaab, the most accepted view is that it is Haram to shave the beard. Some Ulama like the author of 'Insaf', have categorically stated that it is haram. There is no report from anyone to the contrary.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:31
Ruling On The Moustache

"Oppose the Mushrikeen polytheists), trim the moustache and lengthen the beard."
(Muslim)

"Whosoever does not trim his moustache, he is not from amongst us."
(Ahmed Tirmidhi and Nasai)

The trimming and shortening of the moustache has been emphatically mentioned in many narrations of the Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم).

The Hadiths from the Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) mention two things:
1) Some state, "Shorten your moustaches."
2) Others state, "Remove your moustaches." (See: Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim).

Thus, all the four Schools (Hanbali, Maliki, Hanafi and Shafi'i) agree on the fact that it is not allowed to leave the moustache to grow long.

However, the scholars differ as to whether it is better to shorten the moustache or remove it and shave it altogether.

The relied upon opinion in the
Hanafi School is that, it is even better to remove one's moustache, though the Sunnah is achieved by shortening the it such that it no longer covers the upper lip.

Imam Ibn Abidin (رحمه الله) states that the opinion of shaving off the moustache being a Sunnah, was chosen by many scholars. (Radd al-Muhtar)

Imam al-Tahawi (رحمه الله) said that it is a Sunnah to shave the moustache, and it is better than shortening it, affirming that this is the position of Abu Hanifa and both his main students (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين). (See: Tahawi, Sharh Ma'ani al-Athaar, 4.229)

He also reported, with his authentic chains of transmission, that this was from the practice of great Companions, Abdullah ibn Umar, Abu Hurayra, Abu Sa'eed al-Khudree, Anas ibn Malik, and others (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين). (ibid.)

Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (رحمه الله) used to shave his moustache, thus the
Hanbali position is also similar to that of the Hanafis. The Maliki School states that the moustache should not be completely removed, rather only shortened. The Shafi'is also hold a similar view.

Allah knows best.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2011 08:42
Shaving is haram according to all FOUR schools!!

1. Imam Hanafi
Imam Muhammed (R.A.) writes in his book "Kitabul Aathaar" where he relates from Imam Abu Hanifa (R.A.) who relates from Hadhrat Haytham (R.A.) who relates from Ibn Umar (R.A.) that he (Ibn Umar) used to hold his beard in his hand and cut off which was longer. Imam Muhammed (R.A.) says that this is what we follow and this was the decision of Imam Abu Hanifa. Therefore, according to Hanafies, to shorten the beard less than a FIST LENGTH is HARAAM and on this is IJMA (concensus of opinion).

2. Imam Shafi'i
Imam Shafi (R.A.) in his Kitabul Umm states, "To shave the beard is HARAAM." (Shari Minhaj dar Shara Fasl Aqueeqa).

3. Imam Maaliki
Shekh Ahmad Nafarawi Maliki in the commentary of Imam Abu Zayed's booklet states, "to shave the beard is without doubt haraam according to all Imams." It is also mention in "Tamheed" which is a commentary of "Muatta" (Sunnan Imam Malik (R.A.)) that to shave the beard is HARAAM and among males the only ones to resort to this practice (of shaving) are the HERMAPHRODITES (persons who possess both male and female features and characteristics).

4. Imam Hanbali
The Hanbalies in the famous Al-Khanie'a Hanbali Fatawa Kitab state that "to grow the beard is essential and to shave it is HARAAM." Also in the Hanbali Mathab books "Sharahul Muntahaa" and "Sharr Manzoomatul Aadaab", it is stated "The most accepted view is that it is HARAAM (prohibited to shave the beard)."

Also note, according to scholars of Islam: "To shave off the beard is unlawful (haraam) and one who shaves his beard is legally speaking an unrighteous fellow (FASIQ); hence, it is NOT PERMISSIBLE to appoint such a man as an Imam. To say Taraweeh behind such an Imam is MAKRUH-E-TAHRIMI (near prohibition)" (Shami Vol.1, p.523)
The Durre-Mukhtar states: "No one has called it permissible to trim it (the beard) less than FIST-LENGTH as is being done by some westernized Muslims and hermaphrodites." (Vol. 2, p. 155). Also, "It is forbidden (haraam) for a man to cut off another's beard." (Vol. 5, p. 359).
And Allaah Azza wa jal knows best
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?